PDA

View Full Version : per twitters

drummerdawg
11-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Russell not on depth chart, Prescott and Cowart listed as second string.

Coach34
11-25-2013, 02:09 PM
not that the depth chart means alot- but I dont see any damn way Russell plays.

SignalToNoise
11-25-2013, 02:13 PM
I just saw something totally different.

Mullen confirmed no Prescott, said Tyler was same as last week: day-to-day.

Carskadon Twitter:

https://twitter.com/bobcarskadon/status/405050267969675264

drummerdawg
11-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Mullen just said Dak will probably be ready for bowl game.

chef dixon
11-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Man it sucks that Dak ended up getting hurt in a game that we knew we were never going to actually win. It was fun to watch us put up some points but we were down 2 or 3 scored the whole 2nd half. Oh well, that's football.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
I just watched the press conference, and Twitter doesn't do the statements justice.

It's just really weird the way that Dan is handling the Dak situation. He reiterated, that Dak was out till the "bowl game', but then almost started laughing when asked to clarify the statement of whether or not the Egg Bowl was included in that.

He really never said no, he kinda of laughed and said "naaawwww, I'm not that smart."

Almost seemed like Dan was was trying to figure out what to say, and wasn't quick enough on his feet.

Look, I don't expect Dak to play because I don't want to get my hopes up, but something is really really weird about the way Dan is handling this. IMO, even with Dan's answers today, he has maintained plausible deniability if Dak plays.

His answers were very non-direct.

The media is reporting that Dan said, "No, Dak isn't playing in the Egg Bowl." but that's not what he said. He beat around the bush

Did anyone else watch the press conference and have an opinion on it?

SignalToNoise
11-25-2013, 02:32 PM
I did not, but thank you for clarifying.

Ronny
11-25-2013, 02:36 PM
...an hourly basis.

I hope you all realize people get on Twitter & lie just like they lie in real life.

Dan is going to spread confusion about who is going to start @ QB because he doesn't want OM to know who to prepare for.

From now until Thurs night there will be 500 different tweets claiming 500 difference QB scenarios.

hailmari
11-25-2013, 02:39 PM
I've been wondering about that ever since I read it on twitter.. "Out until the (egg) bowl game."??

getatmedawg
11-25-2013, 02:39 PM
It's not weird at all. Dan is forcing Freeze to prepare for 3 quarterbacks on a short week. If Dak has nerve damage there's no way that he plays..... and nor should he play. There's no way to speed up the rehab on nerve damage. I was hoping that Tyler would play but after that last hit against Arkansas and the fact that he couldn't hold his arm up after the game I kinda doubt it. If I had to guess, I would think that Tyler has some sort of labrum injury.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 02:40 PM
I did not, but thank you for clarifying.

I'm not sure I'm clarifying anything, and perhaps I'm reading too much into it ,and not just taking Dan at face value.

Just seemed like a weird response when asked to clarify the statement. He kinda stumbled his words like someone would be if they were caught off guard by a question.

SignalToNoise
11-25-2013, 02:48 PM
I hope you all realize people get on Twitter & lie just like they lie in real life.

Just relaying what Mullen said in the press conference. If either of those two (Mullen or Carskadon) are lying then oh well.

hacker
11-25-2013, 02:51 PM
What's weird is that the depth chart says Williams - Prescott - Cowart with Russell not even listed, but Mullen says Prescott is definitely out and Russell is day-to-day.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Just relaying what Mullen said in the press conference. If either of those two (Mullen or Carskadon) are lying then oh well.

Nobody is lying either way. Dan was just very non-committal in the phrases he is using to address the situation. The media is wanting to paint his comments as black and white, and, from what I saw and heard, they were not.

Again, perhaps Dan is was just stumbling his words because that's how he normally talks, but I still find it odd that he is even addressing the health of Dak.

smootness
11-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Anybody else thinking we may be planning on trotting out a Megazord?

Dak as the legs, Williams as the right arm, and Russell as the Mississippi blood?

Just seems like he's leaving himself open to this as a possibility.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Watch for yourself and decide what you think

http://www.hailstate.com/

RougeDawg
11-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Maybe Dan is taking a page from the Freezus Book of sermons. Say one thing, yet do another.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 03:31 PM
What's weird is that the depth chart says Williams - Prescott - Cowart with Russell not even listed, but Mullen says Prescott is definitely out and Russell is day-to-day.

I noticed that too.....I have a hunch # 15 comes trotting out onto that field Thursday night

starkvegasdawg
11-25-2013, 04:10 PM
I noticed that too.....I have a hunch # 15 comes trotting out onto that field Thursday night

I have that same hunch. Hope it is just not wishful thinking.

Behrdawg
11-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Keep in mind- Mullen will be playing mind games with Bucky.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 04:17 PM
I have that same hunch. Hope it is just not wishful thinking.

Why wouldn't he? I mean if we don't win he wont get to play till spring anyway. You gotta believe the guy is gonna play. Im with you man I hope im not just telling myself that. I feel good about Williams either way

Schultzy
11-25-2013, 05:00 PM
You people are cracking me up. Mullen may have been caught off guard about clarifying between bowl game and egg bowl but only because it was such a stupid question he hadn't even thought about it.
No way Dak plays Thursday.

ETA - yes, all this conjecture is wishful thinking.

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure I'm clarifying anything, and perhaps I'm reading too much into it ,and not just taking Dan at face value.

Just seemed like a weird response when asked to clarify the statement. He kinda stumbled his words like someone would be if they were caught off guard by a question.

I saw it and thought the same thing. I completely agree, the whole thing has been odd. Dan, all year, has been hush hush about the QB situation and then all of a sudden now "Oh it's no secret, Dak is out".. Just weird.. I honestly think Dak starts at QB thurs. I even made a thread that said as such! The game Dan is playing is two fold, 1. Yes, there is no doubt I think he is making Bucky prepare for 3 qbs but even as important is 2. The ENERGY THAT WILL PERMEATE DWS WHEN DAK IS ANNOUNCED STARTING QB!!! Its gonna be WILD!!!!!!

Schultzy
11-25-2013, 06:16 PM
I saw it and thought the same thing. I completely agree, the whole thing has been odd. Dan, all year, has been hush hush about the QB situation and then all of a sudden now "Oh it's no secret, Dak is out".. Just weird.. I honestly think Dak starts at QB thurs. I even made a thread that said as such! The game Dan is playing is two fold, 1. Yes, there is no doubt I think he is making Bucky prepare for 3 qbs but even as important is 2. The ENERGY THAT WILL PERMEATE DWS WHEN DAK IS ANNOUNCED STARTING QB!!! Its gonna be WILD!!!!!!
I hope to high heaven you're a rebel troll, it pains me to think we have fans who really think like this.

Anyway just to prove I'm not a total Debbie downer I have a good feeling about winning no matter who we start at qb.

Dawgface
11-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I saw nothing in the clip that made me think he was playing games about Dak's situation. I think he is truly out.

Madisonmd
11-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Sources say Dak will play, Russell definitely out, Perkins will play

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:52 PM
I hope to high heaven you're a rebel troll, it pains me to think we have fans who really think like this.

Anyway just to prove I'm not a total Debbie downer I have a good feeling about winning no matter who we start at qb.

PreacherMatt is not a troll. I get tired of the whole troll thing anyway. Ive talked to a player, friend of mine, thats said Dak is going to play. Dak is tweeting like he's going to play. But I agree, we can win with Williams anyway

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 08:02 PM
PreacherMatt is not a troll. I get tired of the whole troll thing anyway. Ive talked to a player, friend of mine, thats said Dak is going to play. Dak is tweeting like he's going to play. But I agree, we can win with Williams anyway

yea, if ya don't agree with them then that makes you a troll**

They obviously have never followed me on twitter haha!!

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 08:04 PM

SHHHHHH, we don't won't the cluckers tipped off.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 08:08 PM
SHHHHHH, we don't won't the cluckers tipped off.

ha sorry man your right. damian Williams will start Thursday and we''ll beat them

Schultzy
11-25-2013, 08:38 PM
yea, if ya don't agree with them then that makes you a troll**

They obviously have never followed me on twitter haha!!

It seems so far fetched to think Mullen would say Dak's out to make the other team game plan for him. I don't understand it nor do I think you're a troll.
I've been wrong before and I hope he's good to go...we shall see.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 08:43 PM
It seems so far fetched to think Mullen would say Dak's out to make the other team game plan for him. I don't understand it nor do I think you're a troll.
I've been wrong before and I hope he's good to go...we shall see.

He said he was out till a bowl, and then when asked to clarify his comments, he stumbled on his words and beat around the bush. Watch the video. If Dak plays, he has all the plausible deniability he needs.

Plus, he could always say, "Dak improved dramatically Monday through Wednesday this week"*

Not saying he is going to play, but saying that it's official that he isn't playing, is an inaccurate statement.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Dan just gave the most non-committal answer ever on Dawg's talk.

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Dan just gave the most non-committal answer ever on Dawg's talk.

I missed it....

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Guy in the crowd asked Dan "How many different QBs will take snaps on Saturday"

Dan replied something like, "I don't know, I'm not a DR. We'll see what happens Thursday night. Maybe one, maybe 3, maybe WRs, RBs. We'll see what happens."

Surprise surprise though, he hasn't taken phone calls tonight.

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Guy in the crowd asked Dan "How many different QBs will take snaps on Saturday"

Dan replied something like, "I don't know, I'm not a DR. We'll see what happens Thursday night. Maybe one, maybe 3, maybe WRs, RBs. We'll see what happens."

Surprise surprise tought, he hasn't taken phone calls tonight.

wow! man im gonna be so pumped if Dak starts !!!

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 09:06 PM
wow! man im gonna be so pumped if Dak starts !!!

I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but, MAN, Dan is acting weird

Schultzy
11-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Please dear Monitors ban me now or these two ****ers before I commit mortal suicide.

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but, MAN, Dan is acting weird

schultzy I getting all whiney bc we are hoping dan has something up his sleeve... I don't get why it bothers him so bad..

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Please dear Monitors ban me now or these two ****ers before I commit mortal suicide.

you heard him mods... he wants to be banned..

Coach34
11-25-2013, 11:18 PM
2 more coming tomorrow

Sienfield
11-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Maybe Mullen plans to play Bell at QB. You know he has progressed from kick offs to field goals to punting. Not serious here btw.