PDA

View Full Version : This is an absolute Joke and something has to be done

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 12:18 PM
https://twitter.com/sec/status/1574443695641862144?s=46&t=Mt0b8mNGNNxXZtlcNtnn9g

Santiago
09-26-2022, 12:22 PM
Does CBS still have in their contract that no other SEC team can kickoff during their broadcast?
Looking at the kickoffs that day it seems still the case.
LSU V. TN also at noon.

Maverick91
09-26-2022, 12:22 PM
Don?t have Twitter. What is it?

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Don?t have Twitter. What is it?

11AM kick vs Arkansas SEC Network

2:30 CBS. Auburn @ Georgia

7pm CBS. A&M @Alabama

the most shocking of all.

Tennessee @ LSU. 11AM ESPN Was looking forward to watching that one after I got home from our game. Oh well.

Absolute joke, Georgia may beat Auburn by 70 points.

Maroonthirteen
09-26-2022, 12:30 PM
I get tv rules the day. But damn... even the nfl doesn't kickoff that early. At least move games to noon local time in the future.

TN v LSU got screwed. Aub v UGA won't even be a game.

PGHBulldogBG
09-26-2022, 12:31 PM
CBS is going to show the game they think will draw the most fans. Neither Ark or Miss State have tshirt fans so getting a 3:30 slot for that would probably require us both be in the top 10. UGA, Bama and LSU typically draw a high viewership because they have a lot of “fans” throughout the country

Maroonthirteen
09-26-2022, 12:36 PM
Well yeah.... there is a reason State v Arkansas is on SECTV or jp every year.

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 12:37 PM
CBS is going to show the game they think will draw the most fans. Neither Ark or Miss State have tshirt fans so getting a 3:30 slot for that would probably require us both be in the top 10. UGA, Bama and LSU typically draw a high viewership because they have a lot of “fans” throughout the country

Thats why I said what I said.

I would have liked us to get a night game on ESPN instead but that's not the main issue

WTF is Tennessee @LSU doing at 11am while auburn @ Georgia gets 2:30PM???????

Tennessee and LSU have more fans than auburn.

I would argue LSU is even a bigger name than Georgia over the past 30 years.

Homedawg
09-26-2022, 12:40 PM
What do you propose we do about it?? We get a big check. I'm sure we can "voice" our preferences, as can the other 13 schools. Ultimately, the tv networks have bills to pay. Whether you or I agree w it....

msstate7
09-26-2022, 12:43 PM
We very well may have the 11am game again vs Kentucky.

Bama vs Tenn will be cbs
LSU vs Florida will definitely be more attractive than us

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 12:44 PM
What do you propose we do about it?? We get a big check. I'm sure we can "voice" our preferences, as can the other 13 schools. Ultimately, the tv networks have bills to pay. Whether you or I agree w it....

Nobody will be tuned in to view their advertisements after Halftime...

Coach34
09-26-2022, 12:44 PM
Nothing is going to change. TV pays our bills.

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 12:45 PM
We very well may have the 11am game again vs Kentucky.

Bama vs Tenn will be cbs
LSU vs Florida will definitely be more attractive than us

Our Luck Kentucky is going to be top 5 and will get the 6:30PM game on SEC network

Homedawg
09-26-2022, 01:29 PM
Nobody will be tuned in to view their advertisements after Halftime...

I'm aware of that. Your probably right. But it's their call. They pay the bills.

parabrave
09-26-2022, 01:39 PM
If we beat TAM they will shift our Arky game to the SC slot.

Homedawg
09-26-2022, 01:52 PM

No. No they won't.

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 01:55 PM
No. No they won't.

^

Schultzy
09-26-2022, 02:49 PM
I like getting done early…don’t want many in that slot but there are advantages.

IMissJack
09-26-2022, 03:02 PM
If we had taken care of business at LSU it would make their decision more difficult, but we don?t take care of business ever; prepare for more of this as TX and OU enter the conference. Not enough time slots.

MrCoachKlein
09-26-2022, 03:44 PM
As someone with 2 kids under 3 that wake me up at 5 every morning, I'm all in favor of an 11am game. Sucks we have UGA/AUB instead of TN LSU though.

Pancho
09-26-2022, 03:49 PM

nope. it's already set as well

Santiago
09-26-2022, 04:19 PM
Get the Banner Mstate off the helmets.... That is at least a start ***

Johnson85
09-26-2022, 04:57 PM
Nothing is going to change. TV pays our bills.

I just don't understand the logic. I get CBS's decision. I think they are a little stupid with how dedicated they are to certain teams, but they are consistent and it makes some sort of sense. But why in the hell have three 11am games, one 3, one 6:30, and one 7 (ignoring the CBS game, which is it's somewhat its own animal)?

If you can have 3 11am games, why not have 2 and then have an extra night game? I know TV pays the bills, but there has to be some consideration of fans that attend games. That's most of the league having relatively shitty start times for fans actually attending. You've got to have some of that to fill time slots, but it shouldn't be that bad.

Lord McBuckethead
09-26-2022, 06:58 PM
I think ESPN is broadcasting in standard definition most games.

Homedawg
09-26-2022, 07:08 PM
I just don't understand the logic. I get CBS's decision. I think they are a little stupid with how dedicated they are to certain teams, but they are consistent and it makes some sort of sense. But why in the hell have three 11am games, one 3, one 6:30, and one 7 (ignoring the CBS game, which is it's somewhat its own animal)?

If you can have 3 11am games, why not have 2 and then have an extra night game? I know TV pays the bills, but there has to be some consideration of fans that attend games. That's most of the league having relatively shitty start times for fans actually attending. You've got to have some of that to fill time slots, but it shouldn't be that bad.

The auburn ga game was third pick. CBS is showing bama am and they took that first. Then the espn 11 was second pick.

CaptainObvious
09-26-2022, 07:28 PM
Let?s just move the game to 1:30 like in the old days before we had lights. That will show em!

Schultzy
09-26-2022, 07:35 PM
The other thing I like about 11:00 if you win it, all the other games the rest of the day are more enjoyable to watch and you get a lot of mentions in those broadcasts as well.

IMissJack
09-26-2022, 07:38 PM
The other thing I like about 11:00…if you win it, all the other games the rest of the day are more enjoyable to watch.

Well it absolutely sucks for fans that live several hours from Starkville. If Starkville could fill the stands by themselves great, but we need every fan we can get.

PikeDawg15
09-27-2022, 08:40 AM
Well it absolutely sucks for fans that live several hours from Starkville. If Starkville could fill the stands by themselves great, but we need every fan we can get.

I was expecting atleast a 3pm SEC network Kick off but now I have to wake up at 5am to get there on time.

Johnson85
09-27-2022, 08:54 AM
The auburn ga game was third pick. CBS is showing bama am and they took that first. Then the espn 11 was second pick.

I didn't realize this was the CBS night game. So that's why there aren't more night games. I guess they have contractual rights that prevents the SEC from showing other night games and forces three 11am ctd kickoffs. I know it was big money at the time but how shitty has the CBS deal turned out to be for the SEC. A protected 2:30 timeslot is one thing. A protected night time kickoff was not something they should have agreed to, at least in hindsight.

PGHBulldogBG
09-27-2022, 09:10 AM
I didn't realize this was the CBS night game. So that's why there aren't more night games. I guess they have contractual rights that prevents the SEC from showing other night games and forces three 11am ctd kickoffs. I know it was big money at the time but how shitty has the CBS deal turned out to be for the SEC. A protected 2:30 timeslot is one thing. A protected night time kickoff was not something they should have agreed to, at least in hindsight.

I agree and I understand the reasoning, but Bama is probably going to blow aTm out at home. The only SEC games I see Bama possibly being a close game is @UT, and @LSU. They would have been better doing the TN/Bama game as prime time this year instead of aTm/Bama. Also, we lost our right to complain about game times after that turd of a 2nd half in BR two Saturdays ago. Win the next 2 home games and then we have more ground to stand on for the time of the UK game

msstate7
09-27-2022, 09:12 AM
I agree and I understand the reasoning, but Bama is probably going to blow aTm out at home. The only SEC games I see Bama possibly being a close game is @UT, and @LSU. They would have been better doing the TN/Bama game as prime time this year instead of aTm/Bama. Also, we lost our right to complain about game times after that turd of a 2nd half in BR two Saturdays ago. Win the next 2 home games and then we have more ground to stand on for the time of the UK game

State KY wouldn't get half the viewers bama aTm will

msstate7
09-27-2022, 09:14 AM
Most watched CFB games in 2021...

https://news.yahoo.com/12-most-watched-college-football-001957378.html

People love blue bloods

FISHDAWG
09-27-2022, 09:26 AM

I think this deal goes away after next year (maybe two years)

Maroonthirteen
09-27-2022, 09:37 AM
Most watched CFB games in 2021...

https://news.yahoo.com/12-most-watched-college-football-001957378.html

People love blue bloods

Interesting link.

I agree, the blue bloods bring the ratings. However you had Baylor
And Ok St in there. I believe that was a ABC game or main ESPN afternoon game. But I can't believe either of those teams have a larger following than anyone (other than Vandy) in the sec. Also that game was an exciting finish. How long does one have to view to be counted towards viewership totals for the game? No idea.

My other observation is the north just has a larger population than the south. Therefore more viewers. Maybe Fox being over the air helps too.... but I'd think larger alumni bases help with ratings.

PGHBulldogBG
09-27-2022, 02:26 PM
Interesting link.

I agree, the blue bloods bring the ratings. However you had Baylor
And Ok St in there. I believe that was a ABC game or main ESPN afternoon game. But I can't believe either of those teams have a larger following than anyone (other than Vandy) in the sec. Also that game was an exciting finish. How long does one have to view to be counted towards viewership totals for the game? No idea.

My other observation is the north just has a larger population than the south. Therefore more viewers. Maybe Fox being over the air helps too.... but I'd think larger alumni bases help with ratings.

I think Oklahoma State is the one remaining big 12 school that has an SEC type fanbase. We really should have brought them into the league with OU instead of Texas. I would’ve much rather had Texas in the Big 10 because they wreck every conference they join.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-27-2022, 04:15 PM
Absolute joke, Georgia may beat Auburn by 70 points.

Is it at Georgia? If it's at Auburn they may win with the crazy things that's happened in this game in Jordan-Hare

Todd4State
09-27-2022, 04:34 PM
The issue is the TV slots suck.

PikeDawg15
09-27-2022, 04:46 PM
Is it at Georgia? If it's at Auburn they may win with the crazy things that's happened in this game in Jordan-Hare

It?s @ Georgia

But.

Have you seen auburn.

Auburn looks like joe moorhead and chad morris teamed up to coach the offense .

That shows how BAD missouri is

Auburn will not make a bowl game this year

Pancho
09-27-2022, 04:47 PM
I still say Harsin is let go by Oct 30