PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl say

Coach34
11-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Fitzgerald is signed, sealed, and delivered to enroll in January...hate Staley cant, that would have been huge

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2013, 01:16 PM
So do we redshirt one or both QBs? This year is very odd but do we need 3 QBs at all times ready to go.

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I think we'll redshirt both unless Prescott/Williams get hurt. Pretty simple decision there.

Coach34
11-25-2013, 01:27 PM
I think we'll redshirt both unless Prescott/Williams get hurt. Pretty simple decision there.

No way in hell you redshirt both. You dont want 2 QB's in the same class. One will play a little and one will redshirt

CadaverDawg
11-25-2013, 01:29 PM
No way in hell you redshirt both. You dont want 2 QB's in the same class. One will play a little and one will redshirt

Especially with our style of offense. As much as we run the QB, gotta have 3 ready and able IMO

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 01:31 PM
What does that matter? Just because it appears to be the thing to do doesn't make it necessary. If Prescott or Williams don't get hurt, no way you play either of them. If they do, that's when you make the decision of who redshirts and who doesn't. And it'll likely be obvious.

Freeze redshirted the Prep QB and Kincade, mainly because he had 2 capable upperclassmen. Even put Ratliff in as 3rd string. We'll likely do the same with Cowart.

You don't waste years of eligibility unless there's a good reason for it.

Bo Darville
11-25-2013, 01:32 PM

Totally agree. You have to keep your classes balanced.

Next year:
Prescott - Jr.
Williams - So.
signee - Fr.
signee - redshirts

Thick
11-25-2013, 01:32 PM

^^^This all day long, and twice on Sundays!

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 01:35 PM
You have to keep your classes balanced.

Why?

We're going to sign (most likely) a top level QB in 2015 anyway. He may take all their spots. Who cares about balance then?

Coach34
11-25-2013, 01:37 PM
I dont care if you agree or not Goat- I'm telling you what we plan to do. You dont want two QB's graduating in the same class

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 01:39 PM
You know as well as I do that both of those QBs most likely won't graduate from MSU still on our football team, no matter the means to that end.

And don't deflect....first you say you never should redshirt 2 QBs, then you back up and say we are not planning to redshirt both QBs. Stick to one defense for what you said.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Why?

We're going to sign (most likely) a top level QB in 2015 anyway. He may take all their spots. Who cares about balance then?

I would rather red shirt both and only play them in the event that Dak or Damien goes down. Good chance Fitz ends up being a better tight end than a great QB, and would hate to burn a year of either one of them for no reason.

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Thank you. Someone else understands reality and logic.

Coach34
11-25-2013, 02:00 PM
I would rather red shirt both and only play them in the event that Dak or Damien goes down. Good chance Fitz ends up being a better tight end than a great QB, and would hate to burn a year of either one of them for no reason.

that's all well and good if you could have an unlimited roster. 85 man roster forces you to think ahead. We cant have 6 QB's on scholly- one is going to play a little- one will RS

Thick
11-25-2013, 02:10 PM
With the offense we run, you better have 3 QBs taking snaps at every practice, spring and fall. The same for our RBs, but 4 should be the number in that position. Dual threat QBs eventually get hurt in this league, so you better have 2 behind him ready to go.

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 02:13 PM
That's all well and good, although some of you have the 'here and now' syndrome. How often do you really get 2 QBs hurt? I don't remember doing that since 2006 when Henig and Rutland went down. Conner was hurt that year too I believe and played on one leg.

notsofarawaydawg
11-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Fitzgerald is signed, sealed, and delivered to enroll in January...hate Staley cant, that would have been huge

I guess he still reads Paul's site to get his info.

Statecoachingblows**
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Any info on recruits for the eggbowl? Or are we not allowed to have any?

Thick
11-25-2013, 02:39 PM
That's all well and good, although some of you have the 'here and now' syndrome. How often do you really get 2 QBs hurt? I don't remember doing that since 2006 when Henig and Rutland went down. Conner was hurt that year too I believe and played on one leg.

Your last sentence makes the point too. Connor wouldn't have had to play on one leg if we had good depth. I'm not trying to argue with you Goat, but for the first time that I can remember, we will have that luxury at this position.

I would add that Nick and Staley would be great for short yardage/goal line situations. Staley might be the best option because he's 6'7, and not many will take him on up high, will probably go low. Hell he would fall forward and gain 3 additional yards. Thoughts?

dawgs
11-25-2013, 02:41 PM
that's all well and good if you could have an unlimited roster. 85 man roster forces you to think ahead. We cant have 6 QB's on scholly- one is going to play a little- one will RS

or redshirt both unless absolutely necessary, then process one in a few years. there's no need to force a guy into playing time just to balance the classes, you let that shit work itself out in the future. if both of them actually pan out, i highly doubt one of them is willing to carry a clipboard for 4 years before getting to be the man. and if a guy can't grab ahold of a starting job by the time he's a senior, i'd like to think we have a more talented underclassmen that should be the man.

msstate7
11-25-2013, 02:44 PM
I think fitz could be our slash type player. I could see him getting action as option qb and wr

chef dixon
11-25-2013, 02:50 PM
A 2 star QB (rivals) that doesn't throw and runs a 4.7, at first glance I don't quite understand the excitement. Can someone fill me in on his potential here at MSU? Admittedly don't know much about him

Thick
11-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I think fitz could be our slash type player. I could see him getting action as option qb and wr

You're right, he very well could be. There should be some solid competition at QB in the years to come...that's a good thing!!

hells bells
11-25-2013, 03:00 PM

Question to C34. Does Staley sign in Feb? Who is the top QB Goat refers to in 2015?

Westdawg
11-25-2013, 03:00 PM
A 2 star QB (rivals) that doesn't throw and runs a 4.7, at first glance I don't quite understand the excitement. Can someone fill me in on his potential here at MSU? Admittedly don't know much about him

Offense Fitz is in only asks for him to throw it less than 5-10 times a game or less. It is a QB run-option oriented offense.
I am really excited about what he could bring to the table as a QB/ hybrid TE slot player. And I love what Staley could do in our offense.
My question is - what happened with Staley coming in January? Thought he was gonna be a January enrollee?

Coach34
11-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Question to C34. Does Staley sign in Feb? Who is the top QB Goat refers to in 2015?

Staley thought of graduating early but was credit short is my understanding- so he will be in Sville in June.

No idea who Goat is talking about for 2015

Thick
11-25-2013, 03:03 PM

Don't believe everything you read first. If anything, hasn't this staff proven time and again that they are great at developing players? He might not play QB, he might end up at TE...who knows? DM has an eye for overlooked or under evaluated talent.

Dawg61
11-25-2013, 03:15 PM
I would think after this year everyone would understand the importance of having 3 QBs ready to play at all times. WE ARE STARTING OUR 3rd STRING QB ON THURSDAY. Redshirt Staley and have Fitz as the 3rd string next year. Fitz will already have a spring semester up on Staley.

camsu
11-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Redshit both as Fitz is very raw, running team in HS and if Staley is good as advertized Fitz could move to TE. That leaves one per class and we are after Jamar at Meridan for 15

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 03:25 PM
http://mississippistate.scout.com/a.z?s=136&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&yr=2015&pid=10&sspid=78&iRatingValue=-1&iGetJUCOFlag=0&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=750&iInterestLevelId=-1&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

Whichever one of those guys we sign. Supposedly a few good QB prospects in MS for 2015. Smith obviously being the big one, but I think that Spivey guy is also another many want to sign.

Barking 13
11-25-2013, 03:30 PM
goes along with the post I made earlier about Fitz being #2 come next fall...

engie
11-25-2013, 03:46 PM

Keeping in mind this is high-classification Georga football...

https://www.youtube.com/v/mBBtDzYHfsk

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about his 40 time. After all, what is Johnny Manziel's 40 time?

I much rather QBs have quick feet, good body control, vision, and elusiveness, and it appears that Fitz has all of that by watching this film.

LeakyD
11-25-2013, 05:21 PM
What's funny is he looks kind of like Forrest Gump just running away from everybody.

Behrdawg
11-25-2013, 05:32 PM

See the QB named Chris Relf

hells bells
11-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Redshit both as Fitz is very raw, running team in HS and if Staley is good as advertized Fitz could move to TE. That leaves one per class and we are after Jamar at Meridan for 15

Jamar currently leaning toward TSUN. My feeling is daddy will point him toward Alabama if they come calling. He is one hell of a QB and athlete. Think his daddy played for Bama.

TrueMaroon
11-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Fitz looks like he's 7 feet tall out there. Kid must've been fed miracle grow or something.

Todd4State
11-25-2013, 06:40 PM
You need at least three QB's on the active roster. That's why I wanted us to get a JUCO QB last year- because of what we are going through right now. Someone like a Tyson Lee is the perfect third string QB IMO. A guy that loves MSU, just wants to be on the team, and can be effective in case of an emergency. There are 12 JUCO's in Mississippi (I think). There's at least one of them that has a QB that would love to come to MSU and help the team out. In fact, I think the QB for EMCC is from Starkville.

Todd4State
11-25-2013, 06:41 PM
http://mississippistate.scout.com/a.z?s=136&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&yr=2015&pid=10&sspid=78&iRatingValue=-1&iGetJUCOFlag=0&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=750&iInterestLevelId=-1&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

Whichever one of those guys we sign. Supposedly a few good QB prospects in MS for 2015. Smith obviously being the big one, but I think that Spivey guy is also another many want to sign.

Spivey is probably going to be a WR in college.

Dawgface
11-25-2013, 06:46 PM
What's funny is he looks kind of like Forrest Gump just running away from everybody.

He does look like Forrest running. Hopefully he will be as successful. ;)

Dawg61
11-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Dontreall Pruitt for EMCC has 42 passing touchdowns and 6 interceptions. He also has over 500 rushing yards with 6 tds. He's short though. 5'10"

Todd4State
11-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Dontreall Pruitt for EMCC has 42 passing touchdowns and 6 interceptions. He also has over 500 rushing yards with 6 tds. He's short though. 5'10"

That's perfect for an emergency guy. I'd like for him to be taller, but I certainly would overlook it since I'm wanting him to be a third string guy.

Dawg61
11-25-2013, 06:59 PM
That's perfect for an emergency guy. I'd like for him to be taller, but I certainly would overlook it since I'm wanting him to be a third string guy.

EMCC is #2 in the nation and Pruitt is leading them. He has ridiculous stats.
http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/fball/2013-14/teams/eastmississippicommunitycollege?view=lineup

Dawg61
11-25-2013, 07:03 PM
This is Pruitt as a junior in high school. Looks pretty damn good. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y2B1YoKdAo4

Madisonmd
11-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Fitzgerald just makes me nervous . His passing stats are abysmal. I know he plays in a run first offense, buy to make that projection looks really dangerous. He completed well below 50% of his passes and that is in high school. I hope Staley is really good !

Percho
11-25-2013, 08:10 PM

Didn't OM have 6 or 10 or something like that and none ever played.

Political Hack
11-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Fitzgerald can play multiple spots. He should be looked at as a QB/ATH more so than just a QB. He's going to make our team better. Period.