PDA

View Full Version : Season starts next Saturday....

HancockCountyDog
09-24-2022, 03:12 PM
I genuinely believe that 9-3 is still on the table.

We have a good football team.

We will simply need to win the games at home we are supposed to at home. My guess is that we will be favored in the A&M and Arkansas game. We won't be favored in the Kentucky game, we can win that game.

We simply need some things to go our way the rest of the season.

Hail State.

MaroonFlounder
09-24-2022, 03:16 PM
A&M looking for revenge. We went to the college station and beat them last year.

We can't afford to have a WTF game that is a thing with Leach

HancockCountyDog
09-24-2022, 03:19 PM
A&M looking for revenge. We went to the college station and beat them last year.

We can't afford to have a WTF game that is a thing with Leach

I genuinely think that they can't score with us. Their offense is awful. We move the ball, we win the game.

PikeDawg15
09-24-2022, 03:25 PM

We will simply need to win the games at home we are supposed to at home. My guess is that we will be favored in the A&M and Arkansas game. We won't be favored in the Kentucky game, we can win that game.

Hail State.

I had us 9-3 in the preseason
Loss vs Texas A&M
Loss @Alabama
Loss Vs Georgia

Now we already lost to LSU so?. Can we swap A&M loss for the LSU loss???? Possibly but I didn?t think this team would play just as sloppy as they did last year and they still are .

We won?t go through
Vs A&M
Vs Arkansas
@ Kentucky

Without Atleast 1 loss , we don?t play consistently good enough .

We will lose
@ bama
Vs Georgia

I hope we can prove me wrong but I see either 8-4 or 7-5

HoopsDawg
09-24-2022, 03:26 PM
Unfortunately, the season started last Saturday and we are 0-1.

State82
09-24-2022, 03:29 PM

This is my sentiment also. It most certainly started last week.

basedog
09-24-2022, 04:05 PM

+1

parabrave
09-24-2022, 04:29 PM

And the next DC isn't going to play man to man and will have watched the 2nd half of LSU game. BG sacked WR twice and got pressure on him. Just think what A@M will do after they overload the right tackle. Will needs to learn to rollout and extend the playing field, so he can give Ducking time to get downfield

Bothrops
09-24-2022, 04:30 PM
We won?t go through
Vs A&M
Vs Arkansas
@ Kentucky

Without Atleast 1 loss , we don?t play consistently good enough .

We may lose 2/3 here

EdwardDrayton
09-24-2022, 04:40 PM
+1

+2

And while I did see some improvement in our issues, not enough to make think we will win against A&M, KY and Arky. We will have to be better than we’ve been so far.

PikeDawg15
09-24-2022, 04:43 PM
+2

And while I did see some improvement in our issues, not enough to make think we will win against A&M, KY and Arky. We will have to be better than we’ve been so far.

If A&M can?t score on Arkansas , I will feel a lot better about our chances.

I think our defense is better than Arkansas?s this year.

Bothrops
09-24-2022, 04:46 PM
If A&M can?t score on Arkansas , I will feel a lot better about our chances.

I think our defense is better than Arkansas?s this year.

We have a better secondary, but they have a much much much better DL.

WSOPdawg
09-24-2022, 05:05 PM
I don't think we are getting enough defensive pressure or disruption in the backfield for 9-3 to happen. We are missing a top Defensive leader that the opposition has difficulty with (ie, a Simmons or Sweat, etc). I agree though that we can make a run for 8 wins.

Maverick91
09-24-2022, 05:32 PM

Yeah, it started last week and we went in there and handled them a really nice brick and said we just crapped it for you.

R2Dawg
09-24-2022, 05:40 PM

Hail State.

I understand your point but you can't say after every loss that shouldn't be that the season starts then. We've beat a few bad teams and one P5 team and a bad loss. The season is already 1/3 over. Yes there is much to play for and many we can win.

We got to do much better on O or we won't win as many as some want. 6 will satisfy some on here but not me this year. At first of year 8-9 is what I wanted to see. 8 may be possible if we correct some things we ain't fixed in 3 years so we'll see.

Homedawg
09-24-2022, 06:31 PM

This is correct. Started last sat. We had 6 coin flips before the season (which now is maybe 5, surely we won't gag against auburn) we are 0-1 so far.

BeardoMSU
09-24-2022, 06:34 PM

Yep.

Goldendawg
09-24-2022, 07:40 PM
I already have nightmares of our LB's trying to stop Achain(sp?) & our safeties trying to cover their WR's. Beating BG doesn't change some weaknesses we have vs. good SEC teams, but outcome will be decided on the field.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-24-2022, 08:23 PM

Actually it started on September 3rd and we are 3-1.

CadaverDawg
09-24-2022, 11:09 PM
I wish we had Kansas State or Utah's coach.

Skydawg1
09-24-2022, 11:50 PM
We can't afford to have a WTF game that is a thing with LeachWe had that game last week.

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2022, 07:19 AM
I imagine the aTm and Arkansas game will look similar to the LSU game. We will struggle along the LOS, offense and defense. However we will do enough to keep the game close to have a small lead and chance to win.

ATm doesn't have an exceptional athlete playing QB. I am not sure how accurate their QB guy is. However aTm and their QB seems very up and down. They would have quit if Jefferson scores instead of fumbles. Who knows which aTm we get but if we can get up on them early. They may just pout. However no mistakes by us.

Arkansas won't be as talented along the DL. However they will be talented none the less and focused. Arkansas won't quit and will be a tough out. This will be a physical game. Can we match their physical play. Again, no turnovers on offense, execute well on offense and we can win.

Kentucky.... I haven't seen them play. However on the road in sec is always tough. I think this game will be the toughest of the 3, even if Kentucky is the least talented of the 3.

If we go 3-0 in this stretch, wow. However I'd take 2-1 today if offered.

PikeDawg15
09-25-2022, 07:24 AM
Leach must go 2-1 in these next 3 before Alabama . Not even maybe , MUST. If we lose 2 of these we will lose another 2 against Alabama and Georgia then we will have 5 losses .

5 losses heading into the egg bowl.
That?s worse than last year.
Leach can?t regress with this team he has.

The fanbase has got to at bare minimum have an 8-4 team this year with the egg bowl. And a trip to the gator bowl or another Florida bowl to get 9 wins.

PikeDawg15
09-25-2022, 07:28 AM
Hoping for the best and I think we have the team to win all 3 of these next 3 but I haven?t seen anything tell me that we will from our end .

I will be all aboard the hype train if we come out next week and beat A&M. Because I think that?s the best of the 3 we will play.

Hopefully anais smith from Texas A&M will miss next week Atleast.

Hail State and I?ll be there for the Arkansas game/ homecoming

msstate7
09-25-2022, 07:28 AM
Any word on smith's injury for aTm?

PikeDawg15
09-25-2022, 07:29 AM
Any word on smith's injury for aTm?

I?ve read espn articles saying he could be out for the season.

Looks to Atleast be out for next week hopefully.

msstate7
09-25-2022, 07:47 AM
I?ve read espn articles saying he could be out for the season.

Looks to Atleast be out for next week hopefully.

That would be huge for our chances

Activated Alpha
09-25-2022, 07:51 AM
I don't have any faith our defense will be able to stop Achane and A&M next week. Hopefully our O can keep the ball away from them long enough for us to win, but I believe we shoot ourselves in the foot way too many times. Arkansas also leads the nation in sacks so they will feast on our Oline and Will I'm afraid...

msstate7
09-25-2022, 08:01 AM
I don't have any faith our defense will be able to stop Achane and A&M next week. Hopefully our O can keep the ball away from them long enough for us to win, but I believe we shoot ourselves in the foot way too many times. Arkansas also leads the nation in sacks so they will feast on our Oline and Will I'm afraid...

aTm seemed to find something offensively tonight in the 2nd quarter. Not sure if they can continue it, but they looked much better than they have all season after a brutal offensive start last night. We can't let Johnson hurt us running like ark did

BrunswickDawg
09-25-2022, 08:54 AM

Why? This same defense held Spiller to 100 and Achane to 69 yards last year. If there is one thing we have done well consistently over the past 3 seasons is shutting down running games.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2022, 09:00 AM

Hail State.

It is.

Cooterpoot
09-25-2022, 09:04 AM
It comes down to protecting Will and catching balls. Do those things and we win. Defense will do enough. And let's face it, this is basically every game going forward.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2022, 09:04 AM
We have a better secondary, but they have a much much much better DL.

Not for what Tamu and Ark does. They will have to attack the extreme edges, and that's not TAMU nor Ark's style.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2022, 09:17 AM
I wish we had Kansas State or Utah's coach.

KSU is 3-1 this season and it's his 4th season. He is 14-14 in league play

The UTAH coach has been at Utah since 1994! Nobody has been able to hire him because he is Utah!

I wonder what Leach will do in years 5-10 here.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2022, 09:19 AM
I imagine the aTm and Arkansas game will look similar to the LSU game. We will struggle along the LOS, offense and defense. However we will do enough to keep the game close to have a small lead and chance to win.

ATm doesn't have an exceptional athlete playing QB. I am not sure how accurate their QB guy is. However aTm and their QB seems very up and down. They would have quit if Jefferson scores instead of fumbles. Who knows which aTm we get but if we can get up on them early. They may just pout. However no mistakes by us.

Arkansas won't be as talented along the DL. However they will be talented none the less and focused. Arkansas won't quit and will be a tough out. This will be a physical game. Can we match their physical play. Again, no turnovers on offense, execute well on offense and we can win.

Kentucky.... I haven't seen them play. However on the road in sec is always tough. I think this game will be the toughest of the 3, even if Kentucky is the least talented of the 3.

If we go 3-0 in this stretch, wow. However I'd take 2-1 today if offered.

UK struggled with Northern Illinois.

PikeDawg15
09-25-2022, 09:32 AM
UK struggled with Northern Illinois.

Not the 1st time this season either

They scored 13 offensive points on Florida.

Florida would?ve won 16-13 if Anthony Richardson doesn?t throw 2 pick 6?s

Kentucky cannot run the ball at all. They have a weak offensive line and Levis has to do everything himself.

If I had to rank our next 3 opponents

1. Texas A&M
2. Arkansas
3. Kentucky
In order from best to worst .

And that?s the exact order we play them

HancockCountyDog
09-25-2022, 10:22 AM
Look - i know that LSU was a game we should have won, but I'm moving forward.

I really think we are a more complete team than our next three opponents. If we can just play consistently, i really think we win all three.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2022, 10:29 AM
Why? This same defense held Spiller to 100 and Achane to 69 yards last year. If there is one thing we have done well consistently over the past 3 seasons is shutting down running games.

Yeah, You can no run straight at the Ms ST DL. We are built for that.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2022, 10:32 AM
Look - i know that LSU was a game we should have won, but I'm moving forward.

I really think we are a more complete team than our next three opponents. If we can just play consistently, i really think we win all three.

People tend to overlook the fact that we played that game without our starters, Crumedy and Davis. Davis would have gotten to Daniels on some of those plays.

Personally, I would like to see Crumedy, Russell, and Davis on the field at the same time like with BG!

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2022, 10:50 AM
Arkansas also leads the nation in sacks so they will feast on our Oline and Will I'm afraid...

That is a worrisome stat. Good catch. They had 3 sacks v Cincy and ATm. 6 and 8 v Scar and SEMo respectively.

R2Dawg
09-25-2022, 02:58 PM

Kentucky cannot run the ball at all. They have a weak offensive line and Levis has to do everything himself.

1. Texas A&M
2. Arkansas
3. Kentucky

I agree with that. TAMU and Ark are close but I think TAMU has better players and upside that is starting to find who they are. UK agree. They beat a bad UF team who gave them the game. Easy schedule and they just slide into top 10. A joke. Well either them or OM will slide up some more next week - right or wrong.

We must win 2 of 3 though for hope of season to be there.

Cooterpoot
09-25-2022, 03:53 PM
KY has their RB back now.

FISHDAWG
09-25-2022, 04:28 PM
KY has their RB back now.

aTm has offensive problems
Arky has the worst pass defense in conference play... and almost all of div-1
Kentucky is over rated and over ranked.... I think you nailed it earlier... just catch our passes and the defense will hold their own ... all three should have us as favored ... we should have beaten LSU but we didn't and that fact alone is causing a lot of skepticism

Cooterpoot
09-25-2022, 04:39 PM
If Leach loses two of the next three, he can just about pack his bags because that bandwagon is about to flip over again.

Cowbell
09-25-2022, 04:45 PM
If Leach loses two of the next three, he can just about pack his bags because that bandwagon is about to flip over again.

Remember the bandwagon video they did after that first win at LSU and how that backfired lol

PikeDawg15
09-25-2022, 05:30 PM
I Think A&M is about the same as LSU but the one difference is they do not have a QB like Daniels who can just change the game with his feet.

They also will be playing on the road instead of at home and if we go up 13-0 like we did at LSU , the crowd will go crazy and be the loudest we have seen in a long time in Davis Wade .

schddog72
09-25-2022, 07:37 PM

Hail State.

I love optimism, and I hate to burst your bubble, but 7-5 is the ceiling for this team, and 6-6 is more likely. I can see 5-7 happening easily as well. Our OL play and overall team speed are very inferior to the rest of our SEC opponents. And above all else, after 52 years of being an MSU fan, I've learned that we will always be Mississippi State. The LSU game was a prime example as was such games as Maine, South Alabama, etc. over the years. I think you are vastly underrating ATM and Arky.

Homedawg
09-25-2022, 08:20 PM

1. Texas A&M
2. Arkansas
3. Kentucky

But he did throw those picks. If if if. Happens in every game. If we didn't turn it over so many times last time we played there we would have won. But we did.

Goldendawg
09-25-2022, 08:25 PM
Leach must go 2-1 in these next 3 before Alabama . Not even maybe , MUST. If we lose 2 of these we will lose another 2 against Alabama and Georgia then we will have 5 losses .

5 losses heading into the egg bowl.
That?s worse than last year.
Leach can?t regress with this team he has.

The fanbase has got to at bare minimum have an 8-4 team this year with the egg bowl. And a trip to the gator bowl or another Florida bowl to get 9 wins.

At this point I would do back flips for 7-5, but that must include an overdue, much needed win over OM!

Goldendawg
09-25-2022, 08:29 PM
People tend to overlook the fact that we played that game without our starters, Crumedy and Davis. Davis would have gotten to Daniels on some of those plays.

Personally, I would like to see Crumedy, Russell, and Davis on the field at the same time like with BG!

Crumedy was on the sideline with a cast on from his thumb to his elbow at BG.

Goldendawg
09-25-2022, 08:34 PM
I love optimism, and I hate to burst your bubble, but 7-5 is the ceiling for this team, and 6-6 is more likely. I can see 5-7 happening easily as well. Our OL play and overall team speed are very inferior to the rest of our SEC opponents. And above all else, after 52 years of being an MSU fan, I've learned that we will always be Mississippi State. The LSU game was a prime example as was such games as Maine, South Alabama, etc. over the years. I think you are vastly underrating ATM and Arky.

6-6 would be be a total failure. Would mean 4-0 OOC, 2-6 SEC, and a meaningless bowl in the 44 available.

msu15
09-25-2022, 08:57 PM

Crumedy hasn't played all year, and Russell and Davis are second string and would have had no impact on the LSU game.

Bdawg
09-25-2022, 10:37 PM

Wonder what?s preventing him to play with that?
Unless the cast was all the way around covering his elbow. I could see they preventing him, but I?ve played in a cast before. Did he have some type of surgery I wonder?

DeltaSwamp
09-25-2022, 11:16 PM
9-3 sounds right.

An L to Bama is the only one guaranteed. Pick another L out of tamu, arky and uga. should win the rest

BlackSailsDawg
09-26-2022, 12:41 AM
Crumedy hasn't played all year, and Russell and Davis are second string and would have had no impact on the LSU game.

Jordan Davis is the starter sir. Crumedy is the starter who is injured

BlackSailsDawg
09-26-2022, 12:44 AM

Yes sir, that is correct. He would still be the starter and up on his return, he will assume that role.

Goldendawg
09-26-2022, 01:10 AM
Wonder what?s preventing him to play with that?
Unless the cast was all the way around covering his elbow. I could see they preventing him, but I?ve played in a cast before. Did he have some type of surgery I wonder?

Read here in another thread that his hand injury is very serious, that if it didn't heal properly and he got hurt again, could cause problems for life. Free article on Genes Page Sunday mentioned now they are hoping he is back by November. Someone here might have more details.

TrapGame
09-26-2022, 09:19 AM
I Think A&M is about the same as LSU but the one difference is they do not have a QB like Daniels who can just change the game with his feet.

They also will be playing on the road instead of at home and if we go up 13-0 like we did at LSU , the crowd will go crazy and be the loudest we have seen in a long time in Davis Wade .

Johnson threw several balls that were miracle catches by Achane. Arkansas's secondary is really bad. Those miracle catches would have been INTs for us.

A really loud home crowd will do wonders for this game. This will be Johnson's first road game as starter.

Durkin will bring extra pressure like LSU but I don't think A&M has the zone cover guys that LSU has. There will be big holes in that zone.

msstate7
09-26-2022, 09:25 AM
Johnson threw several balls that were miracle catches by Achane. Arkansas's secondary is really bad. Those miracle catches would have been INTs for us.

A really loud home crowd will do wonders for this game. This will be Johnson's first road game as starter.

Durkin will bring extra pressure like LSU but I don't think A&M has the zone cover guys that LSU has. There will be big holes in that zone.

This will be Johnson's 8th road sec start. He started in Starkville last year

TrapGame
09-26-2022, 09:28 AM

Not with this offense.

C'mon, 7.

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 09:29 AM

A&M's Defense> LSU's Defense
LSU's Offense slightly > A&M's Offense

But we will be playing in Davis Wade

I think we lose a close one.

But I wont be joining the " Fire Everybody" crowd because I predicted us to lose to them in the pre season..

We have a good shot to beat Arkansas and Kentucky though.

TrapGame
09-26-2022, 09:37 AM
Max Johnson doesn't have a Keshon Boutte to bail him out like LSU. Without Achane that Jimbo offense is horrible. You shut down Achane and that offense is hamstrung.

If we can score 24 on Durkin's defense we can win this game.

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 09:39 AM
Max Johnson doesn't have a Keshon Boutte to bail him out like LSU. Without Achane that Jimbo offense is horrible. You shut down Achane and that offense is hamstrung.

As of now, I sadly don't believe we can ( without turnovers from A&M)

Leach just has to go 2-1 in this 3 game stretch and there will be no bitching from me.

farawaydawg
09-26-2022, 09:41 AM
I've been a member of Elitedawgs for 3 footballs seasons and still haven had permission to post. what is going on here?

TrapGame
09-26-2022, 09:43 AM
As of now, I sadly don't believe we can ( without turnovers from A&M)

Leach just has to go 2-1 in this 3 game stretch and there will be no bitching from me.

If we lose in a close game I'm not gonna go jump off the King Edward.

msstate7
09-26-2022, 09:45 AM
Not with this offense.

C'mon, 7.

Just seems the implication was we could rattle him. Johnson isn't a world beater by any means, but he has experience.

I wouldn't count on a good crowd. On SeatGeek, you can snag lower levels for less than $100.

I got 1st row upper deck for $30 a piece. I prefer the view there

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 09:46 AM
If we lose in a close game I'm not gonna go jump off the King Edward.

I fully expect to lose in a 20-16 type game Saturday and if that does happen I will not even look at the message board until possibly Thursday or Friday because I know what it will be .

If we win Saturday I will be jumping around hooting and hollering because I fully expected to lose.

PikeDawg15
09-26-2022, 09:47 AM
Just seems the implication was we could rattle him. Johnson isn't a world beater by any means, but he has experience.

I wouldn't count on a good crowd. On SeatGeek, you can snag lower levels for less than $100

If we somehow pull one out of our ass..

Bet your ass though that Arkansas game will be PACKED. I will be there either way Arkansas weekend.

TrapGame
09-26-2022, 09:58 AM

I wouldn't count on a good crowd. On SeatGeek, you can snag lower levels for less than $100.

I got 1st row upper deck for $30 a piece. I prefer the view there

Brother, he got rattled in Jerry's World.

Matt3467
09-26-2022, 09:59 AM

Boutte was a non-factor in our game. It was lack of QB contain on defense that was the problem.

TrapGame
09-26-2022, 10:01 AM
Boutte was a non-factor in our game. It was lack of QB contain on defense that was the problem.

I was talking about our game last year.

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2022, 03:14 PM
As I said - the season started Saturday.

1-0 and once again favored next Saturday.

R2Dawg
10-02-2022, 03:21 PM

Well football season started 5 games ago. SEC started in Baton Rouge and not too well. If you want to play the season game we are 1-1.

Win the rest of our winnable games and we only lose 2 more so 9-3 and then win a bowl for 10-3. Good year, I welcome Leach back next year but we got a long way to go. One game at a time.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 03:23 PM

I like our chances this Saturday. Gotta admit I'm a little worried about Kentucky ... don't like playing there

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2022, 03:26 PM
I like our chances this Saturday. Gotta admit I'm a little worried about Kentucky ... don't like playing there

I think they are clearly our toughest test before UGA/Bama.

I don't think they are world beaters but they are way more balanced than A&M and Arkansas

Jack Lambert
10-02-2022, 04:04 PM

I don't think they are world beaters but they are way more balanced than A&M and Arkansas

Only advantage to KY over us is home field. We beat this same team last year, we are better and they are the same over rated, average candy ass playing schedule team they were last year.

HancockCountyDog
10-10-2022, 11:52 AM
2-0

With or without Levis we are winning Saturday.

If Bryce Young isn't healthy in two weeks, look the **** out.

R2Dawg
10-10-2022, 12:00 PM

I disagree. UK OL is terrible. Their O is not world beaters and their D is good but not as good as they have been. USC ain't good and they just pushed UK around. It shouldn't be close this weekend.

More of same like TAMU and Ark. MSU rolls again and into the top 10 before Bama game.

R2Dawg
10-10-2022, 12:02 PM
2-0

With or without Levis we are winning Saturday.

If Bryce Young isn't healthy in two weeks, look the **** out.

Agree on last 2 comments but first is wrong - we are 2-1. That 1 is big and could come back to haunt us if the season keeps going well.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 12:03 PM
I disagree. UK OL is terrible. Their O is not world beaters and their D is good but not as good as they have been. USC ain't good and they just pushed UK around. It shouldn't be close this weekend.

More of same like TAMU and Ark. MSU rolls again and into the top 10 before Bama game.

I agree, uk can't pass pro worth a dern and their defense looks soft after the way they played against usce and we are a very physical team. I also think we get the benefit of the sec wanting bama to play a top 10 State team the next week, so we may have some calls go our way.

R2Dawg
10-10-2022, 12:04 PM
I agree, uk can't pass pro worth a dern and their defense looks soft after the way they played against usce and we are a very physical team. I also think we get the benefit of the sec wanting bama to play a top 10 State team the next week, so we may have some calls go our way.

Ahh, hadn't thought about that but you are correct. We get the hotline to Sankey in Birmingham this week for a change.

HancockCountyDog
10-10-2022, 12:05 PM
UK got exposed.

We should win by 10+

Goldendawg
10-10-2022, 02:46 PM
As Ted Nugent says, "The next concert is the most important concert, the next song is the most important song, the next note is the most important note." Kentucky game is the next most important game! Rock on, Ted! Hail State! Us: Enough. Them: Less. We get to sit back and enjoy watching a third comfortable win in a row and on the road at that as we continue to improve.