PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't help myself. Lend me your ear...

Coach 57
11-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Okay, so let me get this straight. I notice some that think the only way we win is with Dak? Allow me to shed some light here for just a moment.

In 2009 we played a FAR better team! With a far less equipped QB and we won. Damian is a better dual threat QB than Relf ever was. I love Chris, but all we did in that game is POUND THE ROCK! We should have a conservative game plan as far as the passing game goes. Play defense, pressure their QB out if base looks and jam the crap out of their WRs off the ball. All of their passes are timing & rhythm passes. You can offset these with pressure & contact. Moncrief had alligator arms after Mizz cracked him a few times. We need to tell Nikoe blast anything that comes through. But one thing we need to do defensively is sit Skinner. Benny fits this style of play. It suits his skill set to face this offense. Also if we go wide 9 tech & (out of the box here) put Ryan or Preston inside at NT in passing situations. The speed of Mizz's defensive line confused UM and Vandy did the same in the first game. Gonna have to mix it up against this team. Let's put our swords away and make DWS crazy Thursday night!

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Okay, so let me get this straight. I notice some that think the only way we win is with Dak? Allow me to shed some light here for just a moment.

In 2009 we played a FAR better team! With a far less equipped QB and we won. Damian is a better dual threat QB than Relf ever was. I love Chris, but all we did in that game is POUND THE ROCK! We should have a conservative game plan as far as the passing game goes. Play defense, pressure their QB out if base looks and jam the crap out of their WRs off the ball. All of their passes are timing & rhythm passes. You can offset these with pressure & contact. Moncrief had alligator arms after Mizz cracked him a few times. We need to tell Nikoe blast anything that comes through. But one thing we need to do defensively is sit Skinner. Benny fits this style of play. It suits his skill set to face this offense. Also if we go wide 9 tech & (out of the box here) put Ryan or Preston inside at NT in passing situations. The speed of Mizz's defensive line confused UM and Vandy did the same in the first game. Gonna have to mix it up against this team. Let's put our swords away and make DWS crazy Thursday night!

Well.... that didn't last long. Good to have you back 57.

Good write up

http://magickalgraphics.com/Graphics/Friendship/WelcomeBack/welcomeback10.gif

SignalToNoise
11-25-2013, 12:47 PM
I like the insight of the coaching types on this board but always wonder if our staff will implement a game plan similar to what is posted here or choose another route.

EngineerDawg
11-25-2013, 12:54 PM
nice to have u back c57.

I hope the gameplan coincides with the success we had vs OM with Relf. May the Relf 2.0 era begin!

Coach 57
11-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Also I expect to see 60 in at OG this game Vs Gross. Beckwith will get handled if we don't.

Political Hack
11-25-2013, 12:59 PM
welcome back 57. good to see you return.

we've saved a few troll bans just for today. Hope you enjoyed it.

DapperDawg
11-25-2013, 01:05 PM
The only problem is we're not playing the OM team from 2009. We're playing a better team, with better coaching and a better quarterback. To elaborate, they don't have Reverend Nutt standing on the sidelines...

Coach34
11-25-2013, 01:10 PM
60 didnt play alot Saturday- I was surprised

smootness
11-25-2013, 01:13 PM
The only problem is we're not playing the OM team from 2009. We're playing a better teamNo.

with better coachingFair enough, I'll give them that, at least for now.

and a better quarterback.No.

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Pure stupidity and ignorance right here.

- Overall team, pound for pound goes to the 2009 squad

- Nutt is as good as anybody on gameday

- Jevan Snead is a notch above Bo Wallace

Not to mention, we are also overall a better team than we were in 2009. HOWEVER....we do not have an Anthony Dixon. Quite simply, to win, Robinson will need to log his best performance EVER.

messageboardsuperhero
11-25-2013, 01:28 PM
The only problem is we're not playing the OM team from 2009. We're playing a better team, with better coaching and a better quarterback. To elaborate, they don't have Reverend Nutt standing on the sidelines...

Totally disagree. Even 2009 Jevan Snead is better than Bo Wallace- 2008 Snead is WAY better than Wallace.

Homedawg
11-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Well we have been putting smith at nose in passing situations when we go 3 man front. Jones and Autry flanking him.

stxdawg
11-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I feel we will get some turnovers, and that will be the key to the game. If we can get pressure on Bo Wallace, it will rattle their confidence and they will turn the ball over. On offense we need to turn Damien loose. the bears defense will not be able to contain him, much like Auburn's QB did. I think Dan is going to surprise a lot of folks Thursday. ;)

CJDAWG85
11-25-2013, 01:36 PM
make DWS crazy Thursday night!

****ING THIS

Turner Center All Star
11-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Totally disagree. Even 2009 Jevan Snead is better than Bo Wallace- 2008 Snead is WAY better than Wallace.

2013 Wallace is way better than 2009 Snead and almost better than 2008 Snead (could still be depending on Egg Bowl and Bowl Game performance). Snead is clearly more physically gifted, but in terms of actual production Wallace this year has been much better than Snead in 2009, despite playing a much tougher schedule than Snead did in 2009.

Snead (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13714/type/college/jevan-snead)
Wallace (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/500990/bo-wallace)

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Let's not let logic factor in here or anything, with the hurry-up offense and all. And your defense was better back then, so they didn't have to get crazy with the offense.

If you really think Wallace is in the same camp as Snead, you're clueless. The single biggest blunder of Nutt's tenure at Ole Miss was allowing Snead to leave the team after 2009.

Jack Lambert
11-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Also I expect to see 60 in at OG this game Vs Gross. Beckwith will get handled if we don't.

Did you know that Beckwith was the place kicker in highschool. Why not try him at this point?

Turner Center All Star
11-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Let's not let logic factor in here or anything, with the hurry-up offense and all. And your defense was better back then, so they didn't have to get crazy with the offense.

If you really think Wallace is in the same camp as Snead, you're clueless. The single biggest blunder of Nutt's tenure at Ole Miss was allowing Snead to leave the team after 2009.

I'd rather have Snead in Freeze's offense than Wallace in Freeze's offense. But if my choice is Wallace in Freeze's offense v 2009 Snead in Nutt's offense, I'll take Wallace. He's already thrown for more yards, his QB Rating is 20 points higher, and he's thrown for 17 TDs/6 Ints v 20/20 for Snead. And Wallace doesn't have anything like a Dexter McCluster in the backfield to lighten the load (although Wallace's receiving corps is better...but Snead's wasn't bad, Shay Hodge was 1st Team All-SEC in 2009 and Markeith Summers, Pat Patterson, and Lionel Breaux were on the team as well).

One more metric to show just how poorly utilized Snead was in 2009: 2013 Wallace's YPA, with all the bubble screens, etc, is .5 greater than 2009 Snead. Clearly Snead is the more physically talented player. It's just that the offense Nutt ran so poorly matched his abilities that he ended up not having a very good season in 2009.

Goat Holder
11-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Well, I happen to believe that the biggest problem for Ole Miss in 2009 was not Nutt's offense, rather it was the same thing that has plagued mediocre level programs forever......the inability to deal with success. In your case, it was coming off the 2008 finish when you were literally playing as well as anyone, and the huge expectations in 2009. Snead didn't do well with it. Sure you lost some key players, but players didn't make plays at the beginning of that year. I'm sure the fact that Nutt was looking to jump to another job didn't help, either.

But yes I do see your point. Ole Miss' offense this year is definitely a lot to handle, and Bo Wallace makes it run. At the very least, he gets the ball where it needs to go.

thunderclap
11-25-2013, 02:42 PM
God knows I hope you're right. As frustrating as last year and this year have been, I would have to tip my hat to Mullen if he beats OM to get bowl eligible with a 3rd string freshman QB. And I'd damn sure never let my OM friends hear the end of that one.

Coach 57
11-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Glad to be back,

Snead is LIGHT years ahead of Wallace. But my point is that they had more talent them than they do now. I think they are weak at OT too. This is something we can use to our advantage defensively. And as I said Clayborn is an absolute DAWG (good for us) and when they start moving Robert around Ben will NOT be able to handle him! If Clayborn can handle Jones.....(I have seen him do it & Quay & James) he can handle Robert too. As a G you must channel your inner nastiness & when the play is up field while in top of the DL, give him something to remember you by. Clayborn once did this to James in 1-1 drills and while Mullen & Turner were trying to calm him down Heavesy was slapping Clayborn on the keister. That attitude is what we need Thursday night! Not just from the players & coaches but from the ENTIRE fan base! If you sit by an older couple who is sitting there with their hands folded like they are in church.....tell them to get up or GET OUT! These kids need to hear noise like never BEFORE! I want Freeze gritting his teeth the whole game fe the nonstop parade of cowbells that ARE NOT RINGING RESPONSIBLY! Beat the freaking insides out! I want to FEEL the energy in this joint! Get up, get your freaking nads out of the closet, tape them back to that flesh sack that used to be a scrotum and let's give these punks HELL!

SignalToNoise
11-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Glad to be back,

Snead is LIGHT years ahead of Wallace. But my point is that they had more talent them than they do now. I think they are weak at OT too. This is something we can use to our advantage defensively. And as I said Clayborn is an absolute DAWG (good for us) and when they start moving Robert around Ben will NOT be able to handle him! If Clayborn can handle Jones.....(I have seen him do it & Quay & James) he can handle Robert too. As a G you must channel your inner nastiness & when the play is up field while in top of the DL, give him something to remember you by. Clayborn once did this to James in 1-1 drills and while Mullen & Turner were trying to calm him down Heavesy was slapping Clayborn on the keister. That attitude is what we need Thursday night! Not just from the players & coaches but from the ENTIRE fan base! If you sit by an older couple who is sitting there with their hands folded like they are in church.....tell them to get up or GET OUT! These kids need to hear noise like never BEFORE! I want Freeze gritting his teeth the whole game fe the nonstop parade of cowbells that ARE NOT RINGING RESPONSIBLY! Beat the freaking insides out! I want to FEEL the energy in this joint! Get up, get your freaking nads out of the closet, tape them back to that flesh sack that used to be a scrotum and let's give these punks HELL!

Damn. I do not think I have ever seen you this fired up.

/I like it.
//Seriously.

Political Hack
11-25-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm pumped.

engie
11-25-2013, 05:09 PM

Great post -- agree with all.