PDA

View Full Version : Want a preview of where this system goes? Happening right now

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 01:03 PM
1st in the ACC and he is a former dawg!

Syracuse switched to the Air Raid this season. They are 3-0 and look at the stats:

Garrett Shrader RTG= 177.9. 8 TDs, Zero INTs. 66%. 77 attempts 709 yards.

Now look at the rushing: 46 201 4.4 with 3 more TDs.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/183

He has also been sacked 6 times.

So what would be the difference here?

1- We will have a higher % of completions.
2- More attempts.
3- A QB in the top 3 rushing for positive yards. And I would think that will end up around 400 yards

Just keep building the program!

msstate7
09-21-2022, 01:06 PM
If this is where it was going, why didn't we keep shrader? What leach team are you basing this on?

Syracuse offense...
126 rushes, 82 passes
61% run heavy

Coach34
09-21-2022, 01:08 PM
Yeah I was wondering about this. Syracuse is a #RTGDF team

This actually makes the case against what Leach is doing

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 01:11 PM
If this is where it was going, why didn't we keep shrader? What leach team are you basing this on?

Syracuse offense...
126 rushes, 82 passes
61% run heavy

First, I like you throwing out the stats and clearly ignoring #1 and #2. That should pretty much answer all of that.

msstate7
09-21-2022, 01:14 PM
First, I like you throwing out the stats and clearly ignoring #1 and #2. That should pretty much answer all of that.

Syracuse isn't an air raid team.
We aren't gonna use someone like shrader.
We are nothing like Syracuse.

This thread makes no sense

I would looooooovvvvvveeeee for us to be a run heavy offense with a mobile qb though

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 01:16 PM
Yeah I was wondering about this. Syracuse is a #RTGDF team

This actually makes the case against what Leach is doing

Nope. Switched to the Air Raid offense. Look at who Leach is recruiting. It's not that hard to see that Leach is looking to run it more. In fact we have been. Not sure how that is a "case against" Leach.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 01:24 PM

I would looooooovvvvvveeeee for us to be a run heavy offense with a mobile qb though

Sir.. Syracuse switched in the off season to the AIR RAID!

Q. I'm curious how you've kind of begun laying a foundation for your relationship with the new offensive coaches, coordinator and quarterback coach? What has that process been like, and how are you enjoying those guys?

GARRETT SHRADER: It's been awesome. It all started with I have a little bit of background with air raid, the same system they came with when I played under Mike Leach, Mississippi State. That was good common ground. A lot of stuff we were running I already knew and was familiar with, so that was awesome.

Anae arrived to SU and told his new offense that his main focus was improving their weakness — throwing the ball. The new air raid attack gives Shrader the opportunity to throw the ball frequently, something he’s always wanted, his father Tracey said.

Robert Anae... The veteran OC, influenced greatly by Mike Leach’s “Air Raid” offense while working under Leach at Texas Tech

msstate7
09-21-2022, 01:26 PM
126 rushes
82 passes

I could tell you I look just like Brad Pitt before you get a look at me, but once you do, what I said is irrelevant

WhiskeyPirate
09-21-2022, 01:30 PM

Syracuse switched to the Air Raid this season. They are 3-0 and look at the stats:

2- More attempts.
3- A QB in the top 3 rushing for positive yards. And I would think that will end up around 400 yards

Air raid concepts are all over college football and the nfl. Leach has changed the way the game has played. Run heavy conventional attacks are not only outdated but the worst thing a have not could run to compete with the blue bloods.

Of course some of these clowns think Dave Clawson would be a great hire, Lol

TrapGame
09-21-2022, 01:31 PM
https://cuse.com/staff-directory/robert-anae/2890

Damn, that's an impressive resume.

He's definitely using some AR in his passing schemes but he has a RTGDF aspect we really should adopt.

msstate7
09-21-2022, 01:34 PM
Air raid concepts are all over college football and the nfl. Leach has changed the way the game has played. Run heavy conventional attacks are not only outdated but the worst thing a have not could run to compete with the blue bloods.

Of course some of these clowns think Dave Clawson would be a great hire, Lol

Oh the irony of posting this on a post praising a team that runs it 61% of the time

parabrave
09-21-2022, 01:36 PM
Oh the irony of posting this on a post praising a team that runs it 61% of the time

Can you spell Troll. The man who changed the way we play football goes by the name of Bill Walsh.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 01:42 PM
126 rushes
82 passes

I could tell you I look just like Brad Pitt before you get a look at me, but once you do, what I said is irrelevant

Put that in there all day long. It doesn't change that it's the Air Raid system. Doesn't matter that you point to a "stat" to try and claim it's not the Air Raid. It is the Air Raid and the QB is being flushed and is taking off, not designed runs. Gordon was sacked 20 plus times. He rushed it 50 times. Minshew rushed it 56 times... sacked 13.

What we are going to see is a QB that will make plays with his legs. How do I know? Because that's who Leach is recruiting.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 01:44 PM
https://cuse.com/staff-directory/robert-anae/2890

Damn, that's an impressive resume.

He's definitely using some AR in his passing schemes but he has a RTGDF aspect we really should adopt.

Which is what we are seeing. We are running more this year and he is recruiting QBs that can scramble.

Go watch Shrader's pocket break down... what does he do... RUN IT!. We are headed that direction.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 01:45 PM

No, He scrambles a large % of those. It's not designed runs!

WhiskeyPirate
09-21-2022, 01:47 PM
They are tailoring their offense to Tucker and Shrader but it’s still the air raid. Shrader was completing 79% of his passes as of two weeks ago, that’s Robert Anae Leachs old assistant.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 02:03 PM
They are tailoring their offense to Tucker and Shrader but it’s still the air raid. Shrader was completing 79% of his passes as of two weeks ago, that’s Robert Anae Leachs old assistant.

And what these guys refuse to see is that we actually have the option read in our play book. We don't run it because of the QB's ability. So I guess we should demand Leach do it anyway so the same people can complain about what an idiot he is knowing Rogers is not that guy.

And I will say again.... a lot of Shrader's rushing attempts are those being flushed out. This goes back to the difference in a QB that can vs one that can't.

We are running more. Having a QB that can scramble will add even more to it. Which is the point of the thread. Once the younger QBs are starting, we will see QBs that can and will take off.

memsu06
09-21-2022, 02:26 PM
Wasn't this the point of signing Chris Parson?

A pass first QB that can run if protection breaks down.

Not to mention he does throw a good catchable ball to receivers.

msstate7
09-21-2022, 02:31 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/wjSg4WSv/BA4987-D9-10-F1-4-E49-B450-529214655-B88.jpg (https://postimg.cc/cvMprc1y)

https://i.postimg.cc/D0yT4RbC/17-AD2-D5-A-14-F2-4-C60-A61-F-9-BCA24-F72968.jpg (https://postimg.cc/N9VVWJDT)

Are we recruiting any h-back/TEs?

DawgFromOxford
09-21-2022, 02:35 PM
So a team switched to the air raid in a single offseason and is having more success than we are when we've been running it for years now?

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 02:35 PM
Wasn't this the point of signing Chris Parson?

A pass first QB that can run if protection breaks down.

Not to mention he does throw a good catchable ball to receivers.

That is. Minshew ran it and when he did, WSU won 11 games.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 02:37 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/wjSg4WSv/BA4987-D9-10-F1-4-E49-B450-529214655-B88.jpg (https://postimg.cc/cvMprc1y)

https://i.postimg.cc/D0yT4RbC/17-AD2-D5-A-14-F2-4-C60-A61-F-9-BCA24-F72968.jpg (https://postimg.cc/N9VVWJDT)

Are we recruiting any h-back/TEs?

NOPE! Nor did I suggest we were. I stated that we are moving towards being able to run it via I QB and even out lined that for you to ignore and go on a rant.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 02:39 PM
So a team switched to the air raid in a single offseason and is having more success than we are when we've been running it for years now?

No sire they are not. They almost lost to a 1-1 Purdue and have not played an LSU type team. And again, nobody is suggesting that Rogers can run it.

msstate7
09-21-2022, 02:41 PM
NOPE! Nor did I suggest we were. I stated that we are moving towards being able to run it via I QB and even out lined that for you to ignore and go on a rant.

Syracuse runs 3-wide with a te or an h-back. That makes a big difference when trying to run the ball.

msstate7
09-21-2022, 02:44 PM

Syracuse ran it 63% last year, and they run in 61% this year. They're just running out of different formations

Coach34
09-21-2022, 02:45 PM
That is. Minshew ran it and when he did, WSU won 11 games.

Minshew had 58 carries for 119 yards for the SEASON. 13 of those were sacks- so 45 carries. So 3.5 carries a game

Shrader has 46 carries for 201 yards in 3 GAMES. 6 sacks so 40 carries. 13 carries per game

Cmon Mane. This is a terrible troll attempt

dawgman15
09-21-2022, 02:46 PM
Minshew was no speed demon, senior year he could barely hit 5.0 forty

TrapGame
09-21-2022, 02:48 PM
Syracuse runs 3-wide with a te or an h-back. That makes a big difference when trying to run the ball.

We've used Dillon as the H-back on some of those two back sets. I really think we should do that more than we are.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 02:48 PM

Again. Air Raid. His scramble make up a large portion of his rushing attempts. Again, We also have the read option in our play book. We don't use for a reason. BUT when the younger guys begin their starts here, we will morph into more of this.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 02:49 PM
Syracuse ran it 63% last year, and they run in 61% this year. They're just running out of different formations

Nope. They are running the air Raid and there own player and coaches are telling you that. But it's ok that you don't get it.

msstate7
09-21-2022, 02:52 PM
Nope. They are running the air Raid and there own player and coaches are telling you that. But it's ok that you don't get it.

Call it whatever you want - they throw the ball 39% of the time in the air raid

R2Dawg
09-21-2022, 02:59 PM

Agree but can you imagine a running QB in our system allowed to run when it is there? It could be lethal. Just tweak what we have a we could have something. Most college QBs can throw a 10 yard pass OK.

msstate7
09-21-2022, 03:00 PM
Syracuse national ranks...
Pass attempts - 93rd
Rush attempts - 30th

Syracuse has thrown 2 more times than the other air-it-offense, OM

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 03:01 PM
Minshew had 58 carries for 119 yards for the SEASON. 13 of those were sacks- so 45 carries. So 3.5 carries a game

Shrader has 46 carries for 201 yards in 3 GAMES. 6 sacks so 40 carries. 13 carries per game

Cmon Mane. This is a terrible troll attempt

Oh.. so you are under the impression that I stated something that I actually didn't. Read what I posted. Here it is again:

2- More attempts.(passing... means less rushing)

Now I used Minshew to show that a mobile QB with positive yards can make that much of a difference, but if you want more.. Cody Hodges. rushed it 109 times, 2nd leading rusher on the team. Nowhere have I stated we will be like Syracuse. I stated we will see a mobile QB capable of doing what Shrader is doing and it will lead to more success.

msstate7
09-21-2022, 03:02 PM
Agree but can you imagine a running QB in our system allowed to run when it is there? It could be lethal. Just tweak what we have a we could have something. Most college QBs can throw a 10 yard pass OK.

I would absolutely love for leach to air a dual qb and an h-back/te. It would change my mind about him instantly

msstate7
09-21-2022, 03:04 PM
Oh.. so you are under the impression that I stated something that I actually didn't. Read what I posted. Here it is again:

Now I used Minshew to show that a mobile QB with positive yards can make that much of a difference, but if you want more.. Cody Hodges. rushed it 109 times, 2nd leading rusher on the team. Nowhere have I stated we will be like Syracuse. I stated we will see a mobile QB capable of doing what Shrader is doing and it will lead to more success.

You said Syracuse is our future template. Then you say well we won't add the te/h-backs. Basically we will be nothing like Syracuse, but be like we are with a mobile qb.

I would love to go with a mobile qb, but this thread is flat out dumb

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 03:07 PM
Call it whatever you want - they throw the ball 39% of the time in the air raid

No.. The attempt to throw it more. He just has to scramble. Did they change the stats to show a scramble as a pass now?

In other words, All my concern is that when our younger QBs are on the field, rather than taking 40 sacks, they can make positive yards that forces that aspect to be accounted for. Rogers was sacked 34 times last year Rather than 34 time that we went backwards, we could have gone forwards most of those attempts.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 03:10 PM
Syracuse national ranks...
Pass attempts - 93rd
Rush attempts - 30th

Syracuse has thrown 2 more times than the other air-it-offense, OM

Doesn't matter. Your understanding of the Air Raid is off. Last year through 12 games... He attempted to throw it 234. Through 3 games 70 without the fact of a passing play called and him having to run it or take a sack.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 03:12 PM
You said Syracuse is our future template. Then you say well we won't add the te/h-backs. Basically we will be nothing like Syracuse, but be like we are with a mobile qb.

I would love to go with a mobile qb, but this thread is flat out dumb

I 100% did not. The entire OP is there to read.

TUSK
09-21-2022, 04:38 PM

2- More attempts.

I'll take "SEC LOS Play" for $1000, Alex.

BeardoMSU
09-21-2022, 04:46 PM

Or you could date a chick named Angelina Joe Lee Dunn.**

Todd4State
09-21-2022, 08:08 PM
Or you could date a chick named Angelina Joe Lee Dunn.**

Angelina Joe Lee Dunn would be an awesome message board name.

Cooterpoot
09-21-2022, 08:13 PM
Sails is trolling at this point. Just joined up and makes no sense.

Coach34
09-21-2022, 08:18 PM
Sails is trolling at this point. Just joined up and makes no sense.

You can tell BlackSails has a little football knowledge but this Syracuse thread is a bad attempt at trolling. Shrader is a dual-threat QB running a Spread offense that runs a few Air Raid plays. Nothing more, nothing less

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2022, 09:09 PM
You can tell BlackSails has a little football knowledge but this Syracuse thread is a bad attempt at trolling. Shrader is a dual-threat QB running a Spread offense that runs a few Air Raid plays. Nothing more, nothing less

Their OC, the QB... the writers.. They all disagree with you. It's like you are demanding it to be what you want it to be.

BeardoMSU
09-21-2022, 11:15 PM
Angelina Joe Lee Dunn would be an awesome message board name.

You're welcome, lol.

Coach34
09-22-2022, 07:56 AM
Their OC, the QB... the writers.. They all disagree with you. It's like you are demanding it to be what you want it to be.

I run mesh and a lot of crossing routes. I guess I’m Air Raid now too

PMDawg
09-22-2022, 09:30 AM

Exactly. Yet, that's "where we're headed". LOL We have a 3 year head start, but we're headed towards what a team did in a single offseason. This is based on the "evidence" of recruiting one dual threat QB, while ignoring the fact that we aren't recruiting, nor using TE's or h-backs. Also ignoring the fact that they run it 61% of the time. Mike Leach has tweaked his offense for 25 years, but has never truly changed it or overhauled it. Others have had success using some of his concepts and building off of them. Meanwhile he has hard-headedly stuck to the exact same thing for 25 years. Don't get me wrong, he's had success along the way, to a degree. If we end up duplicating his success during his tenure here, I'm fine with that. But the SEC seems to be a bit more challenging (whoda thunk it?). We'll see where he landed once his tenure has concluded.

Regarding this specific thread - The author of this thread has one agenda, and he bends anything and everything to try to fit that agenda. He should really be ignored when it comes to football.

WhiskeyPirate
09-22-2022, 09:40 AM
I run mesh and a lot of crossing routes. I guess I’m Air Raid now too

Yea, but you are running it with 15 year old kids, that’s on a little different level than what we are talking about right ?

Homedawg
09-22-2022, 01:19 PM
Syracuse isnt running anything even remotely close to what we run. Not even close

BlackSailsDawg
09-22-2022, 01:40 PM
Syracuse isnt running anything even remotely close to what we run. Not even close

Air Raid is Air Raid regardless of what you need it to be. The OC says it's Air Raid. The OC is a Mike Leach former assistant. Shrader states it's an Air Raid system and talked about his time at MSU under Leach. Second, I never stated we would run it the same way they are, I stated that we would move towards a mobile QB who will be able to run the read option that Leach has on the books and be able to run when flushed.... which is what is happening at Syracuse.

Those are not all designed runs. That is Shrader being flushed and taking off.

Homedawg
09-22-2022, 04:28 PM
Well croom did say he ran Bill Walsh's offense .........and you can identify as whatever you want these days, about the same....

BlackSailsDawg
09-22-2022, 08:46 PM
Well croom did say he ran Bill Walsh's offense .........and you can identify as whatever you want these days, about the same....

LOL... Indeed you evidently can.

HoopsDawg
09-22-2022, 11:52 PM

I mean...case closed. But pointless to argue with 2 massive Leach homers.

was21
09-23-2022, 07:19 AM
You remind me of trump.....in your head it's an air raid offense because you want it to be one. In reality, it's not. thanks anyway

WhiskeyPirate
09-23-2022, 08:26 AM
You remind me of trump.....in your head it's an air raid offense because you want it to be one. In reality, it's not. thanks anyway

I would say you remind me of Brandon but I know you are not sitting there typing with a diaper full of shit

msstate7
09-23-2022, 06:10 PM
Syracuse just ran a play with 1 wr, 2 te, and an h-back. Now they ran 4 WRs the play before. They run a variety of formations and personnel

Goldendawg
09-23-2022, 06:18 PM
Syracuse just ran a play with 1 wr, 2 te, and an h-back. Now they ran 4 WRs the play before. They run a variety of formations and personnel

What is a TE or H-back?******

parabrave
09-23-2022, 06:36 PM

Do they have more that 4 routes?

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2022, 08:30 PM

? No, in the mind of the guy running the offense it's an air raid system.

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2022, 08:33 PM

Still an air raid system and we are headed towards having a QB that can do what Shader is doing. You can like it, hate it, roll around on the ground crying and through a fit. Leach, unless he decides to retire, is going to get the time he needs to build this program.

Deal with it

dawgday166
09-23-2022, 08:37 PM
Still an air raid system and we are headed towards having a QB that can do what Shader is doing. You can like it, hate it, roll around on the ground crying and through a fit. Leach, unless he decides to retire, is going to get the time he needs to build this program.

Deal with it

LOL ... You won't see Leach running most of these formations I'm seeing so far. Just sayin.

Really Clark?
09-23-2022, 08:38 PM
It's an air raid passing system with a zone read running option concept as the base of his system. He ran this at BYU with Tayson Hill. If his talent is based on running the ball that's what he will do and that is spread zone read concepts.

msstate7
09-23-2022, 08:38 PM

Deal with it

So the preview of where we'd headed is an offense that runs reverses, uses 2 TEs, H-back, etc. Duly noted

dawgday166
09-23-2022, 08:42 PM
It's an air raid passing system with a zone read running ��*♂️ option concept in his system. He ran this at BYU with Tayson Hill. If his talent is based on running the ball that's what he will do and that is spread zone read concepts.

I'll buy that now.

ETA: I will add that I don't think Leach will incorporate the zone read running option anywhere near the extent it's being used here.

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2022, 08:44 PM
So the preview of where we'd headed is an offense that runs reverses, uses 2 TEs, H-back, etc. Duly noted

Last time just for MS7. I never stated that we are going to do that. It's in the OP.

1- We will have a higher % of completions. (because more accurate QBs)
2- More attempts. (in passing than that of Cuse)
3- A QB in the top 3 rushing for positive yards. And I would think that will end up around 400 yards (because of a mobile QB)

Your attempt to twit it to me saying we will use a TE is nonsense. Yes, we will be able to run the read option that is on the books and we have seen. Yes there are plays we do not run because we can't.

Like I said, he is here for at least 2 more years (2025 is the earliest). You might as well learn to like it.

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2022, 08:46 PM
LOL ... You won't see Leach running most of these formations I'm seeing so far. Just sayin.

Yeah, there are plays we do not run because they would fail due to the lack of running ability. No, we will not be using a TE. Yes, we do have the read option (like Mullen ran). Yes we will have a QB that when flushed, he can run.

msstate7
09-23-2022, 08:49 PM
Last time just for MS7. I never stated that we are going to do that. It's in the OP.

1- We will have a higher % of completions. (because more accurate QBs)
2- More attempts. (in passing than that of Cuse)
3- A QB in the top 3 rushing for positive yards. And I would think that will end up around 400 yards (because of a mobile QB)

Your attempt to twit it to me saying we will use a TE is nonsense. Yes, we will be able to run the read option that is on the books and we have seen. Yes there are plays we do not run because we can't.

Like I said, he is here for at least 2 more years (2025 is the earliest). You might as well learn to like it.

So we're gonna look nothing like Syracuse, but you THINK we will use a mobile qb? Got it

Really Clark?
09-23-2022, 08:54 PM
Yeah, there are plays we do not run because they would fail due to the lack of running ability. No, we will not be using a TE. Yes, we do have the read option (like Mullen ran). Yes we will have a QB that when flushed, he can run.

We don't use a read option like Mullen ran. You are confusing blending of concepts inside of different systems. You have to look at the blocking schemes and what is trying to accomplished inside as well. Leach runs a rear option inside his scheme but it's not the same.

dawgday166
09-23-2022, 09:02 PM
So we're gonna look nothing like Syracuse, but you THINK we will use a mobile qb? Got it

That's what I'm hearing. Besides, right now, at this moment, this Syracuse O is boring the crap out of me. I'm a hating it **
That happens when it don't go nowhere *

WhiskeyPirate
09-23-2022, 10:09 PM
You know what’s funny, Leach did use a tight end at Tech one year and he was very good. 6-5 250-260 pound Samoan.

Cooterpoot
09-23-2022, 10:12 PM
LOL

WhiskeyPirate
09-23-2022, 10:27 PM
I also remember Leach used a traditional H back at Tech if I’m not imagining things, Clay McGuire who later became an o line coach.

I was a tech basketball fan at the time when Bobby Knight coached and didn’t really care about Tech football and started following it kind of by accident.