TheLostDawg
09-20-2022, 01:32 PM
Lot of chatter

dawgman15
09-20-2022, 01:35 PM
We can only hope they hire him

TrapGame
09-20-2022, 01:37 PM
Probably so b/c West Virginia has already reached out to Hugh Freeze (per a lot of rumors). If Hugh is still persona non grata in the SEC he'll wind up in Blacksburg.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2022, 01:40 PM

Agree. And it would be soooo auburn to make that kind of hire. I bet Bama fans are praying this is so right now.

msstate7
09-20-2022, 01:44 PM

I have my doubts on him also, but it's getting hard to ignore his record. He's 18-5 (13-2) with a conf title. He's doing one hell of a job

ETA... perhaps he's dabo type, great figure head that can recruit lights out

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2022, 01:45 PM
Its all about recruiting. I'd be careful what you wish for. He would hire a big time staff and with the AU recruiting machine going full Yellawood, I'd be worried y'all are gonna be the dog that catches the car.

I want AU to hire another Harsin type. Not dynamic, an X and O type coach like Moorhead. I'd be fine with Freeze there.

TrapGame
09-20-2022, 01:50 PM
I think Prime will ultimately end up at Florida State. He's making his case at JSU.

Cooterpoot
09-20-2022, 02:14 PM
I think Dieon is smart enough and connected enough to hire a great staff to do the X & O coaching while he does all the other stuff. I think he'll win somewhere.

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2022, 02:23 PM
I think Dieon is smart enough and connected enough to hire a great staff to do the X & O coaching while he does all the other stuff. I think he'll win somewhere.

Exactly.

Its all about name recognition, NIL and getting kids to the league. Kids know who Deion is. They couldn't pick Harsin out of a lineup.

I want AU to hire some big name coordinator who everyone says is the smart hire. Remember when we hired Moorhead, everyone kept saying what a smart hire it was. I want AU to make a smart hire, not a dynamic one.

Matt3467
09-20-2022, 02:24 PM
Its all about recruiting. I'd be careful what you wish for. He would hire a big time staff and with the AU recruiting machine going full Yellawood, I'd be worried y'all are gonna be the dog that catches the car.

I want AU to hire another Harsin type. Not dynamic, an X and O type coach like Moorhead. I'd be fine with Freeze there.

Freeze at any SEC school if he can stay out of trouble would be scary.

TrapGame
09-20-2022, 02:27 PM
Exactly.

Its all about name recognition, NIL and getting kids to the league. Kids know who Deion is. They couldn't pick Harsin out of a lineup.

I want AU to hire some big name coordinator who everyone says is the smart hire. Remember when we hired Moorhead, everyone kept saying what a smart hire it was. I want AU to make a smart hire, not a dynamic one.

But that's Harsin. He was the safe hire. On paper this should be a home run just like Moorhead.

Auburn isn't doing safe after this. If Sankey relents on Freeze he will be in Auburn in a heartbeat. There are plenty of big money alums that want him.

basedog
09-20-2022, 03:19 PM
PrimeTime will bring lots of excitement and money. And yes he would kill at recruiting and recruiting. He isn't the same man he was as a player, seems very focused and driven.

dawgday166
09-20-2022, 04:29 PM

I kinda think so too. Not gonna speculate too much on it tho cause you never can tell. Everyone thought Kiffin was gonna suck and that doesn't seem to be the case.

KOdawg1
09-20-2022, 04:32 PM
He would recruit well.

If he brings in good coordinators, then watch out

Santiago
09-20-2022, 04:38 PM
An SEC school, can afford big salaries for his assistants and basically buy his lack of coaching expertise for him.
But at Auburn.....that could go either way after a couple of years.

CaptainObvious
09-20-2022, 04:45 PM
Wouldn?t that end Prime?s goal to make JSU the first HBCU to make it to FBS level? Is Deion about money or accomplishment?

basedog
09-20-2022, 05:02 PM
Wouldn?t that end Prime?s goal to make JSU the first HBCU to make it to FBS level? Is Deion about money or accomplishment?

Someone told me Prime is more about seeing his son grow as a QB. He may stay till his son graduates or he is offered a PW5 job. He has money it seems, like I said he seems driven.

parabrave
09-20-2022, 05:02 PM

You forgot these ******

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-20-2022, 05:53 PM
Probably so b/c West Virginia has already reached out to Hugh Freeze (per a lot of rumors). If Hugh is still persona non grata in the SEC he'll wind up in Blacksburg

West Virginia or Virginia Tech?

PikeDawg15
09-20-2022, 06:27 PM
From what Im hearing

Auburn wants Freeze or Kiffin. Because of the way auburn is, I think it will wind up being Hugh Freeze. Id love them to steal Kiffin tho, hopefully the SEC doesnt allow Hugh to come back.

Georgia Tech boosters are talking about potentially offering Deion.

Deion Sanders would actually take advantage of being in Atlanta and start putting Georgia tech in the top 15 recruiting rankings.

PikeDawg15
09-20-2022, 06:28 PM
From what Im hearing

Auburn wants Freeze or Kiffin. Because of the way auburn is, I think it will wind up being Hugh Freeze. Id love them to steal Kiffin tho, hopefully the SEC doesnt allow Hugh to come back.

Deion Sanders would actually take advantage of being in Atlanta and start putting Georgia tech in the top 15 recruiting rankings.

But personally I dont see Deion leaving unless he got a offer he couldnt turn down, I think he could turn down GA Tech.

HoopsDawg
09-20-2022, 07:33 PM
But personally I dont see Deion leaving unless he got a offer he couldnt turn down, I think he could turn down GA Tech.

Ga Tech should definitely target Deion. Nothing to lose.

TrapGame
09-20-2022, 08:04 PM
West Virginia or Virginia Tech?

I flunked geography on that one. Morgantown. There are rumors that West Virginia is done with Neal Brown.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2022, 08:28 PM
From what Im hearing

If auburn goes for the best "fit". It's Freeze or Kiffin for sure.

Pancho
09-20-2022, 09:19 PM
Kiffin says Oxfart is the first place he's been that really feels like home.......

PCHSDawg
09-20-2022, 09:21 PM
Kiffin says Oxfart is the first place he's been that really feels like home.......

He's leaving in a pine box?

Matt3467
09-21-2022, 08:33 AM
I flunked geography on that one. Morgantown. There are rumors that West Virginia is done with Neal Brown.

There was someone on this board that was saying very adamantly that we should have brought Neal Brown here.

TrapGame
09-21-2022, 08:35 AM

That's what all the foster kids say.***

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2022, 08:42 AM

I would take Freeze in a heartbeat

Matt3467
09-21-2022, 08:48 AM
I would take Freeze in a heartbeat

Oh I would too. Some people would fall over dead if that happened though. I wouldn't mind Bobby Petrino either.

msstate7
09-21-2022, 08:52 AM
Oh I would too. Some people would fall over dead if that happened though. I wouldn't mind Bobby Petrino either.

Let's interview freeze, Petrino, and art briles just to see the media/sec fans lose their minds haha

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2022, 09:11 AM

I doubt Freeze ever gets hired by an SEC school, because the first question asked would be, who were those hookers for?

TrapGame
09-21-2022, 09:20 AM

I'd take Petrino too. Bring in Geoff Collins as DC/Asst. HC (He's done at Tech). Put together a top notch S&C program. Then make NIL top priority on getting some 4*/5* recruits.

HancockCountyDog
09-21-2022, 10:17 AM

Whatever it takes to get him the hell out of there, I am here for it.

Offshore Dawg
09-21-2022, 01:51 PM

Too much free cheerleader tail for Kiffin to leave.

Goldendawg
09-21-2022, 02:05 PM
I'd take Petrino too. Bring in Geoff Collins as DC/Asst. HC (He's done at Tech). Put together a top notch S&C program. Then make NIL top priority on getting some 4*/5* recruits.

Don't need Collins 2.0. His 1A/1B concept on defense cost us a couple of games and led to a couple of close, uncomfortable wins also.

PikeDawg15
09-21-2022, 02:14 PM

I think Dan Mullen said something similar to that before

farawaydawg
09-21-2022, 03:45 PM

Deion will leave after his soph QB son gets drafted or finds a P5 school where he can take his son to be the QB as a junior at that level along with Travis hunter. When he does decide to leave and wherever he picks, the other teams in that league should be worried.

TrapGame
09-21-2022, 04:01 PM
Don't need Collins 2.0. His 1A/1B concept on defense cost us a couple of games and led to a couple of close, uncomfortable wins also.

He doesn't do that shit anymore. He never did after the year. Part of that shit show was Mullen's idea.

Goldendawg
09-21-2022, 05:17 PM
From what Im hearing

Didn't Deion get his car broken into a couple of times in Jackson? If he goes to GA Tech in Atlanta, he will have to get an official John Wayne old west double holster and two concealed carry permits!

was21
09-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Auburn will never hire Deion as head football corch. Kiffin would not leave OM for Auburn.

Coach34
09-21-2022, 08:30 PM
Auburn will never hire Deion as head football corch. Kiffin would not leave OM for Auburn.

I agree. I just cant see Auburn hiring Deion.
Sankey will do everything possible to keep Freezus out of the SEC. Providing hookers for recruits was a little much for him.
I'm not so sure Kiffin wouldnt leave Mississippi for Auburn but maybe so. Lame is now 47 and is making alot of money. He knows he can stay at Mississippi another 6-8 years and make tons of money. Giving that up to coach at Auburn for a 3-4 year window to win a title is not that attractive. Depends how much he wants to win a title. He knows he cant at Mississippi. But he also knows it will take some perfect storm of things coming together to do it Auburn in the next 5 years also

TALL DAWG
09-22-2022, 08:46 PM
Prime Time will not be hired as Burn?s next head coach.

Bothrops
09-22-2022, 10:19 PM
Any Auburn people that want him just want to see him recruit top 5. He wouldn't make it as a coach at this level.

TUSK
09-22-2022, 10:22 PM
As the "Elephant in the Room", in no way would I dig either Coach Prime or Joey Freshwater on the Plains...

Given the current landscape/price point, I don't believe the AU gig is much more attractive than OM (for Kiffin)... I think when he moves, it'll be for a Bammer/Okie/USC type gig... Plus, where he's at now, he "shoud" have 5.5 "built-in" wins (4 OOC+Vandy+MSU)... He could, in theory, go 7-6,8-5 indefinitely...

Goldendawg
09-22-2022, 10:46 PM
As the "Elephant in the Room", in no way would I dig either Coach Prime or Joey Freshwater on the Plains...

Given the current landscape/price point, I don't believe the AU gig is much more attractive than OM (for Kiffin)... I think when he moves, it'll be for a Bammer/Okie/USC type gig... Plus, where he's at now, he "shoud" have 5.5 "built-in" wins (4 OOC+Vandy+MSU)... He could, in theory, go 7-6,8-5 indefinitely...

You rank us with OOC and vandy in reaching their 5.5 "built-in" wins? Mods, give him at least a punishment similar to the NCAA punishment LSU just got!

TUSK
09-22-2022, 11:13 PM
You rank us with OOC and vandy in reaching their 5.5 "built-in" wins? Mods, give him at least a punishment similar to the NCAA punishment LSU just got!

Noooooooo.... You read too much in to that, buddy... It's a "rivalry game"... and .500 is commonly accepted for most of those.

That being said, I will happily self impose an 18 cent fine, decrease off campus meth sales for a day, and ban myself from posting for 37 seconds...

Goldendawg
09-22-2022, 11:43 PM
Noooooooo.... You read too much in to that, buddy... It's a "rivalry game"... and .500 is commonly accepted for most of those.

That being said, I will happily self impose an 18 cent fine, decrease off campus meth sales for a day, and ban myself from posting for 37 seconds...

Too harsh. Even the NCAA would not approve!

HoopsDawg
09-22-2022, 11:46 PM

I agree. There are only 4 or 5 realistic destinations for Kiffin that are better than Ole Miss.

PikeDawg15
09-23-2022, 01:32 PM
I agree. There are only 4 or 5 realistic destinations for Kiffin that are better than Ole Miss.

Coaches don't think the same way that us fans do.

Yeah Florida is a better opportunity to win than Mississippi State and Auburn is a better place to win than ole miss but in my eyes it isn't worth it for either Dan Mullen to go to Florida or is it worth it for lane to go to auburn.

BUT coaches don't see it that way, they see a opportunity to win and they take it.

Hell , Deion could win big at Auburn, pull in top 5 recruiting classes and just hire x and o guys as the coordinators and the talent will just fall in line.

I think Lane Kiffin is not going to go to Auburn.... BUT just like my Ole Miss cousin told me .... watch out for what happens in college station... They can pay 100 million for Lane and that is where I think he ends up after jimbo eventually gets canned .

Jimbo's offense just doesn't work anymore even with top 5 talent and Lane kiffin's works with top 25 talent... imagine what it looks like with top 5

aka when he was at Alabama.

Auburn is getting Hugh Freeze. Just accept it he's coming back.

PikeDawg15
09-23-2022, 01:37 PM

he could go to auburn but I don't think he should go.. But I also didn't think some other coaches should've gone where they went.

Depends on how Lane Kiffin values himself and what his goals are

Is his goal to average 8-4 and beat Mississippi every year until he retires and make a lot of money?
or

Is his goal to win a national title. He cant win one of those at Ole Miss. He can at Auburn. But he takes the risk of getting fired after 3 seasons at auburn if he doesn't win the west or beat Alabama or Georgia.

Would he rather exchange a fanbase that wants 8 wins and an egg bowl every year with an occasional Victory over LSU 1 out of 3 times they play and make 8 million
or
Would he rather a fanbase that wants 10 wins and your rivals are now Alabama in your own state and Georgia to your east and make 9 million

Goldendawg
09-23-2022, 01:41 PM
Lane got fired by the Raiders, left TN high and dry, and got fired on the tarmac by SC. He's not scared to go where he choses at this point in his career.

basedog
09-23-2022, 01:48 PM
I'm not gonna under-estimate PrimeTime. I think somewhere he will get his chance. His connections are above the norm for most D1 coaches. It's about the right situation, hard to predict who can win and who will fell at schools.

BrunswickDawg
09-23-2022, 05:04 PM
PrimeTime will bring lots of excitement and money. And yes he would kill at recruiting and recruiting. He isn't the same man he was as a player, seems very focused and driven.

No offense Base - but Deion was incredibly focused as a player, and by all accounts a hard worker and great teammate. Don't let the Prime Time persona and the off field stuff get in the way of what he did on the field.

Plus, he did something many of us have always wanted to do - dump a bucket of ice water on Tim McCarver!

dawgday166
09-23-2022, 05:14 PM

This correlates well with a Saban self imposed sanctions. **

basedog
09-23-2022, 07:35 PM
No offense Base - but Deion was incredibly focused as a player, and by all accounts a hard worker and great teammate. Don't let the Prime Time persona and the off field stuff get in the way of what he did on the field.

Plus, he did something many of us have always wanted to do - dump a bucket of ice water on Tim McCarver!

If you saw him on local sports which is everyday and listen to him you would see a different “Primetime”. He is so driven, doesn’t put up with miscobuct, big on players going to class and proper dress, represent JSU at a high level and much much more you see. Very smart man and is turning heads with his ability to coach by being a good CEO.

I understand how folks saw Prime as a player but he isn’t the same as a Coach. I’m a big fan, like I said earlier I wouldn’t count him out.