PDA

View Full Version : MSU commit Dylan Cupp

Todd4State
09-18-2022, 11:42 PM
Had the game winning hit for the Team USA U18 team today to win them the Gold Medal in an international tournament.

It's going to come down to the draft but I think we have a chance depending on his asking price as he projects as a second round pick.

AlSwearengen
09-19-2022, 08:11 AM
I’ve noticed from feeds on twitter that he is apparently the clear cut starting SS for that team. With the new draft structure and teams going heavy college, we need to start getting some of these types players to school. The other big programs got their share last year.

PikeDawg15
09-19-2022, 08:17 AM
We are already talking about baseball..

Offshore Dawg
09-19-2022, 11:49 AM

Unfortunate, but a lot of Dawg fans are fair weather fans only. After the first sign of adversity, they bail out. Also a lot of fans are either poor or too cheap to donate to NIL or anything else that will help the athletic department. It is what it is always has been probably always will be.

Offshore Dawg
09-19-2022, 11:51 AM
Here is another example. LSU has one fan that gave $2 million, just for baseball NIL.

The Federalist Engineer
09-19-2022, 11:53 AM
Unfortunate, but a lot of Dawg fans are fair weather fans only. After the first sign of adversity, they bail out. Also a lot of fans are either poor or too cheap to donate to NIL or anything else that will help the athletic department. It is what it is always has been probably always will be.

That's not the case with T4S, at all.

College Baseball is a year-round sport, Season (Feb-May), Recruiting (all Year), Draft Fall Ball (July), Spring Training (Jan-Feb), Summer Leagues (June-August), Post Season (May-June).

Todd4State
09-20-2022, 01:09 AM

I never stop talking about baseball. I watch Cuban baseball on Christmas Day. I'll probably go to the Carribbean World Series in Miami in 2024. That's going to be lit. MLB is missing out big time by not promoting college baseball and the Winter Leagues.

Todd4State
09-20-2022, 01:15 AM
That's not the case with T4S, at all.

College Baseball is a year-round sport, Season (Feb-May), Recruiting (all Year), Draft Fall Ball (July), Spring Training (Jan-Feb), Summer Leagues (June-August), Post Season (May-June).

You get it my friend!

Here is another example. LSU has one fan that gave $2 million, just for baseball NIL.

I think the solution for us is to approach our Diamond Dawgs in MLB once they get their "big contract". We could easily get that much from Ethan Small, Jordan Westburg, Justin Foscue, and Nate Lowe if they donated 500K apiece six years from now. Which they might be able to negotiate into their contract so it doesn't "cost them" money.

In the past we would ask guys like Clark and Palmeiro to donate to build a building or something facility wise. I think that's going to shift to donating to NIL instead.

One of the special things about MSU baseball is the loyalty the players have towards the program. We might be able to get others like Austin Riley in on it too. That way he can contribute despite never having played for MSU.