PDA

View Full Version : Refs are absolutely raping the Saints on bullshit calls.

99jc
09-18-2022, 02:39 PM
17 u tom brady

parabrave
09-18-2022, 02:43 PM
I can't believe that Founette didn't thrown out. Lattimore gets body slammed and gets thrown out.

redstickdawg
09-18-2022, 02:43 PM
fournette and evans both are thugs and should have been ejected not lattimore

parabrave
09-18-2022, 02:48 PM
And speaking of shitty QBs.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 02:49 PM
Saints better find a qb because Winston sucks

msstate7
09-18-2022, 02:50 PM
And speaking of shitty QBs.

I'd let em start the next game, but that's all I'd commit to after this

parabrave
09-18-2022, 02:51 PM

Yep. And just to finish off this weekend The Cowboys are next/

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 02:52 PM
Yep. And just to finish off this weekend The Cowboys are next/

I can't even bring myself to watch the cowboys game. That'll be ugly. Braves are playing well though.

parabrave
09-18-2022, 02:55 PM
I can't even bring myself to watch the cowboys game. That'll be ugly. Braves are playing well though.

I'll guess I'll be listening to the Shuckers final game. At least they have a good chance of winning.

Goldendawg
09-18-2022, 02:57 PM

Couldn't help but notice he wears the C on his chest for a team captain, real role model. I know all starting QB's get the C, but just another thing I hate about the NFL.

Goldendawg
09-18-2022, 02:58 PM

I won't watch. Have always hated the Cowboys and only pulled for them and watched because of Dak.

parabrave
09-18-2022, 02:58 PM
And of course Ingram Fumbles the ball killing a scoring drive.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 02:59 PM
Couldn't help but notice he wears the C on his chest for a team captain, real role model. I know all starting QB's get the C, but just another thing I had about the NFL.

Righty there with ya!

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 03:01 PM
I won't watch. Have always hated the Cowboys and only pulled for them and watched because of Dak.

Same here grew up hating them and only watch because of dak. Heck the only reason I watch the nfl is because it's sports on a Sunday when nothing else is on

99jc
Couldn't help but notice he wears the C on his chest for a team captain, real role model. I know all starting QB's get the C, but just another thing I hate about the NFL.

That C STANDS FOR CRABLEGS.

Vandownbytheriver
Of all the people to bet your franchise on, why Jameis? There were some decent names they could've went after in the off-season and the draft. I don't get it.

msstate7
09-18-2022, 03:02 PM
Of all the people to bet your franchise on, why Jameis? There were some decent names they could've went after in the off-season and the draft. I don't get it.

Who would you have gotten? They went after watson and missed bc the browns offered stupid money

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 03:03 PM

Yeah I don't get it. They have a great defense, super bowl caliber defense, good weapons on offense and no qb. Not a Saints fan but the qb situation is perplexing

parabrave
09-18-2022, 03:06 PM
Who would you have gotten? They went after watson and missed bc the browns offered stupid money

Where is Watson?? The reason the Saints got Winston is because Payton and Brees loved the guy/

msstate7
09-18-2022, 03:06 PM
Refs called that right, but that's an insane rule. Ground can't cause a fumble unless you aren't touched, and then it can

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 03:08 PM
Refs called that right, but that's an insane rule. Ground can't cause a fumble unless you aren't touched, and then it can

One of many rules that make you go hmmmmm

msstate7
09-18-2022, 03:09 PM
Where is Watson?? The reason the Saints got Winston is because Payton and Brees loved the guy/

Dude, they were right there to get watson. They tried.
Winston has had a horrible game, but he is playing coming off a torn up knee and 3 fractures in his back. I certainly am not sold on Winston long term, but his passer rating is still well over 100 as a saint. Maybe he does flop, but the bucs are a damn good defense. Were you trashing dak after he was horrible against them last week?

Vandownbytheriver
09-18-2022, 03:10 PM

Could've made a play at Wilson, Jimmy G, Ryan, Mayfield or any of the rookies especially Malik Willis. Jameis is and always will be a headcase.

msstate7
09-18-2022, 03:14 PM
Could've made a play at Wilson, Jimmy G, Ryan, Mayfield or any of the rookies especially Malik Willis. Jameis is and always will be a headcase.

None of those rookies are good.

The falcons trading Ryan to the saints? Lol, you're an idiot

Jimmy G's price tag is obviously insane or he'd have been moved. They aren't so sure on the young guy, I suppose

Vandownbytheriver
09-18-2022, 03:20 PM
None of those rookies are good.

The falcons trading Ryan to the saints? Lol, you're an idiot

Jimmy G's price tag is obviously insane or he'd have been moved. They aren't so sure on the young guy, I suppose
You sure like to call people an idiot a lot. And like you said yesterday, sometimes you roll the dice on a rookie qb and it pays off. There's no way in hell I put my franchise in that guys hands. Jameis is always a ticking time bomb. And given the right money and draft picks, any team will trade anyone to another team. These are the days where teams are loyal or players are loyal. Money is all that matters.

msstate7
09-18-2022, 03:21 PM
While bashing Winston, who deserves it today BTW, at least be consistent...

Dak pass rating vs bucs - 47.2
Winston vs bucs- 55.8

Both were horrible (only one will get critiqued here though), but both got a strong assist from the best defense in the nfl. The bucs d is great

msstate7
09-18-2022, 03:22 PM
You sure like to call people an idiot a lot. And like you said yesterday, sometimes you roll the dice on a rookie qb and it pays off. There's no way in hell I put my franchise in that guys hands. Jameis is always a ticking time bomb. And given the right money and draft picks, any team will trade anyone to another team. These are the days where teams are loyal or players are loyal. Money is all that matters.

They went after the qb they felt was worth going after. They missed. Winston still has a passer rating over 100 as a saint even after today. He was very much a problem today, but he hasn't been before today

Vandownbytheriver
09-18-2022, 03:23 PM
I don't disagree on Dak. He's been average for awhile. The Bucs D is good, but at least 2 of those picks were just god awful throws Jameis shouldn't make.

msstate7
09-18-2022, 03:26 PM
I don't disagree on Dak. He's been average for awhile. The Bucs D is good, but at least 2 of those picks were just god awful throws Jameis shouldn't make.

Again, Winston was horrible today. He may never be good again, but he hasn't been a problem until today.

After cooling off, i think playing through 3 fractures in his back had something to do with it. I didn't expect to go undefeated, so I'll just move on to next week and reevaluate Winston

msstate7
09-18-2022, 03:29 PM
As far as name-calling, yeah, that's "idiotic" of me. I hate it, and I'm guilty now. With that said, there was absolutely, positively no chance Ryan was getting traded to saints

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 03:29 PM
Winston always been an int waiting to happen. Nothings changed he is what he is at this point

msstate7
09-18-2022, 03:43 PM
Matt Ryan vs jags...
16/30 195 yds 0 td 3 int

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 03:46 PM
Matt Ryan vs jags...
16/30 195 yds 0 td 3 int

Ouch.

msstate7
09-18-2022, 04:40 PM
Russell Wilson Vs Texans..
4/15 48 yds 0 td 0 int

Lost to Seahawks last week

Lord McBuckethead
09-18-2022, 08:13 PM

Makes a lot of sense because the play is still live.

Pancho
09-18-2022, 08:18 PM
jameis is just a bad joke

msstate7
09-19-2022, 07:27 AM
Here's his passer rating for every saint start...

26.9 (yikes)
55.8 (yesterday)

That's quite good. I know most will refer to yesterday only when judging him, but I think that's unfair. All qbs have bad games.

Homedawg
09-19-2022, 12:02 PM
fournette and evans both are thugs and should have been ejected not lattimore

you don't think Lattimore should have been ejected?? ok....................

Homedawg
09-19-2022, 12:04 PM

Dak led the cowboys to the best offense in the NFL last year. Was third in completion %. How is that AVG???? Hardly. Now would I pick him first if I could have any QB on my team? No. But he's not AVG.

Commercecomet24
09-19-2022, 12:08 PM
Dak led the cowboys to the best offense in the NFL last year. Was third in completion %. How is that AVG???? Hardly. Now would I pick him first if I could have any QB on my team? No. But he's not AVG.

This, it's laughable with what he's done in the Cowboys offense to think he's average. He's not Brady or Rodgers but he's a top 10 qb.

MaroonFlounder
09-19-2022, 12:13 PM
you don't think Lattimore should have been ejected?? ok....................

He was the only one that hit the ground.

Tom Brady thinks he should get every call his way. He is a spoiled brat. He also was walking down the field telling Lattimore he was interfering on every play and it clearly was not getting called by the REF.

Lattimore is one of the best CBs in the league, and Brady couldn't stand it that his guy wasn't wide open every play. Good sportsmen tip their hat to good competition.

I'm sick of Tom Brady. Read Mike Evans lips. "It's Tom Brady, what do you expect me to do?" (after pushing Latimore to the ground) Bitch couldn't get open against one of the best CBs and he was frustrated.

Rematch in the bay. Bring it on. Saints offense sucks, but both the Bucs and Saints are 2 of the best defenses in the league. Bucs were pissed they didn't have but 3 points in the 4th quarter.

parabrave
09-19-2022, 02:28 PM
He was the only one that hit the ground.

Tom Brady thinks he should get every call his way. He is a spoiled brat. He also was walking down the field telling Lattimore he was interfering on every play and it clearly was not getting called by the REF.

Lattimore is one of the best CBs in the league, and Brady couldn't stand it that his guy wasn't wide open every play. Good sportsmen tip their hat to good competition.

I'm sick of Tom Brady. Read Mike Evans lips. "It's Tom Brady, what do you expect me to do?" (after pushing Latimore to the ground) Bitch couldn't get open against one of the best CBs and he was frustrated.

Rematch in the bay. Bring it on. Saints offense sucks, but both the Bucs and Saints are 2 of the best defenses in the league. Bucs were pissed they didn't have but 3 points in the 4th quarter.

No he was blindsided and slammed to the ground. He could've been hurt and have his career ended. Evans needs to sit for a few weeks

msstate7
09-19-2022, 03:14 PM
No he was blindsided and slammed to the ground. He could've been hurt and have his career ended. Evans needs to sit for a few weeks

Evans got 1 game suspension.

Vandownbytheriver
09-19-2022, 07:37 PM
This, it's laughable with what he's done in the Cowboys offense to think he's average. He's not Brady or Rodgers but he's a top 10 qb.

Until you win when it matters, yes it's average. If you're not winning Super Bowls or your side of the playoff bracket, stats don't matter. It's the same critique I have of Will. Until you win the big one, stats are just stats. He's getting paid to win divisions and playoff games, not to pad the stat book. If he didn't play at State, most of y'all wouldn't be defending him. He has to get over that hurdle before you can put him with the other top tier QBs.

Commercecomet24
09-19-2022, 07:42 PM
Until you win when it matters, yes it's average. If you're not winning Super Bowls or your side of the playoff bracket, stats don't matter. It's the same critique I have of Will. Until you win the big one, stats are just stats. He's getting paid to win divisions and playoff games, not to pad the stat book. If he didn't play at State, most of y'all wouldn't be defending him. He has to get over that hurdle before you can put him with the other top tier QBs.

So I guess Dan Marino was average then? And the gazillion other qbs that didn't win the big one but were terrific qbs. There's more to it than just winning the big one. There's other players you depend on as well. You're just wrong here man. We'll just have disagree on this one

Vandownbytheriver
09-19-2022, 07:48 PM
So did I guess Dan Marino was average then? And the gazillion other qbs that didn't win the big one but were terrific qbs. You're just wrong here man,

We all have our own measurements and criteria. Dak and Marino aren't remotely on the same planet talent wise, but most peoples only knock on Marino is no Super Bowl win. And until Dak wins one, he will continue to get hammered by everyone. There are several other QBs I'd take over Dak playing now. And the more the injuries continue to pile up, the more people are going to rag on him. It is what it is. A lot of the criticism he gets isn't warranted, but his ability to play in big games and lead his team to what he's being paid record money to do isn't. Dak is a good qb. He's not great. He not elite. And until he wins something that matters, most people will never see him as more than that.

Commercecomet24
09-19-2022, 07:53 PM
We all have our own measurements and criteria. Dak and Marino aren't remotely on the same planet talent wise, but most peoples only knock on Marino is no Super Bowl win. And until Dak wins one, he will continue to get hammered by everyone. There are several other QBs I'd take over Dak playing now. And the more the injuries continue to pile up, the more people are going to rag on him. It is what it is. A lot of the criticism he gets isn't warranted, but his ability to play in big games and lead his team to what he's being paid record money to do isn't. Dak is a good qb. He's not great. He not elite. And until he wins something that matters, most people will never see him as more than that.

Like I said we'll just have disagree.

Vandownbytheriver
09-19-2022, 07:55 PM
Like I said we'll just have disagree.

And that's okay too. Wish more people would accept that is allowed these days.

Commercecomet24
09-19-2022, 08:00 PM
And that's okay too. Wish more people would accept that is allowed these days.

100% agree on this! You're spot on with this. It's great to have open discussions without having people just stomp off mad and offended. I respect your opinion and appreciate the discussion. Its why I love this board for the diversity of opinion. Good thing we all don't think exactly alike!

Cooterpoot
09-19-2022, 08:14 PM

Lots of Hall of Famers that don't meet your criteria lol

Vandownbytheriver
09-19-2022, 08:18 PM
Lots of Hall of Famers that don't meet your criteria lol

Well I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. A lot of it is devils advocate thinking. If Dak played at Ole Miss, he'd get murdered on this board. Our fan base has a lot of one track mind thinking. It's either he's the greatest ever or he sucks more than a $2 hooker. No in between.

Vandownbytheriver
09-19-2022, 08:21 PM
100% agree on this! You're spot on with this. It's great to have open discussions without having people just stomp off mad and offended. I respect your opinion and appreciate the discussion. Its why I love this board for the diversity of opinion. Good thing we all don't think exactly alike!

I agree. I can handle anyones opinion. What I don't get is the I'm the only one who's right argument. Some people want to be right even though they are not correct. Some folks are gonna die on hills that shouldn't be bumps in the ground

Commercecomet24
09-19-2022, 08:31 PM
I agree. I can handle anyones opinion. What I don't get is the I'm the only one who's right argument. Some people want to be right even though they are not correct. Some folks are gonna die on hills that shouldn't be bumps in the ground

Happens a lot lol!

parabrave
09-20-2022, 06:48 AM

I wonder if they even thought about Jimmy G. Heck they could've got him cheap this summer.

msstate7
09-20-2022, 06:51 AM
I wonder if they even thought about Jimmy G. Heck they could've got him cheap this summer.

He still had a bum shoulder this summer, and I doubt the price was cheap then. I think the 49ers wanted to keep him all along in case lance failed. I remember reading a blurb from the panthers' beat writer that said the price on jimmy g wasn't even realistic

Homedawg
09-20-2022, 12:12 PM

Record money??? He's tied for 8th highest paid qb. Which is about where he is on the qb chart. And will be below that next year. Yes he's a good qb. Not avg. sorry just isn't.

Vandownbytheriver
09-20-2022, 06:34 PM
Record money??? He's tied for 8th highest paid qb. Which is about where he is on the qb chart. And will be below that next year. Yes he's a good qb. Not avg. sorry just isn't.

At the time it was a record contract. Lots of media concerning it then. When he signed it he broke the mold for qb compensation.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dak-prescott-awarded-record-setting-deal-contract-breakdown-cap-impact-and-cowboys-free-agency-outlook/amp/