PDA

View Full Version : Losing plays

chef dixon
09-18-2022, 10:21 AM
Can you all remember a game where we had so many? The second half was especially excruciating to watch. There were probably 20 plays that if just 2 of them go different we likely win.

Drops, missed tackles at the goal line, muffed punt, holding on the kick return, calling their fumble play dead, 4th downs stuffed, 4th down conversion given up to Nabers ... list goes on. Wonder how that felt watching as an LSU fan. My guess is amazing.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2022, 10:26 AM
That is why we lost. Forbes and Watson need to be held a lot more accountable bc all they do is run around and do what they want. Zero discipline. They run their mouth more than they tackle. Leach needs to step in and sit them down for a while to get the point across bc they both made some embarrassing plays last night. Forbes does it a lot more than people realize. He plays really selfish football

BulldogBear
09-18-2022, 01:32 PM
Agree.

But with that said I think we lost the game tactically by letting them score before the half. They are a soft fanbase and recruit emotionally soft players that seem to fit their mindset. Like a bully, as long as you are weak they will beat you and beat you and beat you and come for more because they know they can. If you plant the seed of doubt and don't let hope gain a foothold, they (the fans and the team) will wilt like Rogers under pressure. I grew up surrounded by and outnumbered them and I know their fanbase and football program mindset inside and out. If we had stuffed them before halftime with our defense that they couldn't find a dang solution to get any real offensive threat against, INSTEAD of preventing the win....I firmly believe the final score would been a State victory something along the lines 30-13. I don't have time to do a longer post on it right now.

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 01:36 PM
Agree.

But with that said I think we lost the game tactically by letting them score before the half. They are a soft fanbase and recruit emotionally soft players that seem to fit their mindset. Like a bully, as long as you are weak they will beat you and beat you and beat you and come for more because they know they can. If you plant the seed of doubt and don't let hope gain a foothold, they (the fans and the team) will wilt like Rogers under pressure. I grew up surrounded by and outnumbered them and I know their fanbase and football program mindset inside and out. If we had stuffed them before halftime with our defense that they couldn't find a dang solution to get any real offensive threat against, INSTEAD of preventing the win....I firmly believe the final score would been a State victory something along the lines 30-13. I don't have time to do a longer post on it right now.

Agree, A Williams muffed punt return on our ten yard just took the air out of us. I don’t want to see h8m back there again this year.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 01:41 PM
I said if we didn't turn the ball over and didn't let Daniels scramble for a bunch of yards we'd win by 10+. Well the muffed punt and we let Daniels scramble around on all their scoring drives. We had so many opportunities to put that game away and didn't do it.

basedog
09-18-2022, 02:30 PM
I said if we didn't turn the ball over and didn't let Daniels scramble for a bunch of yards we'd win by 10+. Well the muffed punt and we let Daniels scramble around on all their scoring drives. We had so many opportunities to put that game away and didn't do it.

Getting beat 15 points yesterday is very concerning. We have not been consistent in our 3 games, things will get tougher with our schedule. I think we can still win 7 games but we gotta have more big plays on offense. We aren’t good enough in our O-Line to sustain slow long drives.
We gotta get the ball down the field against fast aggressive defenses in the Sec. Again, our O-Line is a concern.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 02:37 PM
Getting beat 15 points yesterday is very concerning. We have not been consistent in our 3 games, things will get tougher with our schedule. I think we can still win 7 games but we gotta have more big plays on offense. We aren’t good enough in our O-Line to sustain slow long drives.
We gotta get the ball down the field against fast aggressive defenses in the Sec. Again, our O-Line is a concern.

Can't argue with that. The plays were there to be made all night last night. The drops were killers because there would've been 3-4 long gainers in there. Combine that with Will having a bad game killed us. Multiple opportunities to put this game away early and we couldn't do it. Have to get better quick.

parabrave
09-18-2022, 03:04 PM

Base the problem with this team is that we are now praying for 7 wins with an experienced Air Raid QB. a returning entire backfield. Supposedly our "best" receiving Corps ever and a experienced Defense. And a weak SEC west. Thats where the optimism came from. If we can't even win 9 games this year we won't under Leach.

basedog
09-18-2022, 03:12 PM
Base the problem with this team is that we are now praying for 7 wins with an experienced Air Raid QB. a returning entire backfield. Supposedly our "best" receiving Corps ever and a experienced Defense. And a weak SEC west. Thats where the optimism came from. If we can't even win 9 games this year we won't under Leach.

And I can't disagree with your thoughts. Way too much "sunshine pumping" before the season. Also same going into Death Valley, I've seen many games down there and I wasn't surprised in the outcome, but yes very disappointed especially 4th quarter play.

Goldendawg
09-18-2022, 04:04 PM

At this point, I don't think anyone in our WR room starts for any other West team except RaRa and maybe Tulu used properly. The rest are soft. I fell for a lot of preseason hype. Should have known better after 59 years of going to games and watching others. Now my attitude is show me something for 4 quarters a game.