PDA

View Full Version : Will has got to go. It?s that simple .

PikeDawg15
09-17-2022, 09:28 PM
I?m not ready to fire leach yet but I am 100000000% sure that will Rogers is horrible. Every other team in the sec has a QB that when 5 yards are ahead of him, he can pick it up, we dont , it?s embarrassing . It?s like we went to Brandon , Mississippi and said ? yes I want your slowest white guy to play QB for my sec team? absolutely ridiculous.

I?m done with will, he sucks , bad.

I?m about ready to pull the trigger on leach but who would be better that we can realistically get?

I still think the air raid can work but WE NEED SAWYER ROBERTSON OR CHRIS PARSONS ANYONE WITH MORE MOBILITY THAN WILL FREAKING ROGERS .

LSU freaking SUCKS. We dominated them in the 1st half defensively m.

Damn this sucks man , all I know is I?m completely off the will Rogers train and will not be back on , you have to have a mobile QB in todays college football, hell Stetson freaking Bennett is more mobile than will??? this was our shot to show people we aren?t just misssissippi state? and we Mississippi stated. Im sick

viverlibre
09-17-2022, 09:35 PM
Leach has to give Sawyer a chance. Having a statue at QB, gives the D one less thing to prepare for and worry about and gives us one less offensive weapon. Even in the NFL now you are seeing more and more QBs who can move.

parabrave
09-17-2022, 09:36 PM
But will Leach let him be mobile or will leach adjust the blocking to help or design more routes that not every DC in the country knows. Hell there are only 3 routes in this crappy offense. Now if he could rollout even by design this would open up some longer routes. But he won't. Oh yeah if the receivers would hold on to the ball that would help.

MaroonFlounder
09-17-2022, 09:37 PM
Will owned up and put the blame completely on himself postgame.

I hate it for him. He will have some better games, but not many more wins.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-17-2022, 09:40 PM
MSU will never be more than a 6-6 team with Rogers at QB.

StarkVegasSteve
09-17-2022, 09:41 PM
It truly does not matter. Just get Parson and get a new coach and we will instantly be better

civildawg
09-17-2022, 09:44 PM
Will got rattled because the OL is crap but part of the reason the OL is crap is because they get no help from TE?s because our coach doesn?t believe in them. I seriously thought will had gained the confidence to not be check down Charlie anymore but every time we play a defense with a pulse, he does just that. You just can?t have a qb in football today that is absolutely no threat to run.

Cowbell
09-17-2022, 09:49 PM
Get this crap outta here. He had a bad game but he was not out in a position to succeed either. Outlandish Crapping on our own players on this board needs to stop

StarkVegasSteve
09-17-2022, 09:56 PM
Get this crap outta here. He had a bad game but he was not out in a position to succeed either. Outlandish Crapping on our own players on this board needs to stop

Keep burying your head in the sand and thinking this offense will work. Against any defense with a pulse IT WILL NOT. We have maybe 3 SEC players on offense and 5 on defense.

PikeDawg15
09-17-2022, 09:57 PM
We will beat auburn and pray we can beat 1 more sec team get to a bowl.

Bryce young - run threat
Jayden Daniels - run threat
Jaxson dart - run threat
Kj Jefferson - run threat
Max johnson - run threat
Tj finley - run threat
Will Rogers - sack threat .

StarkVegasSteve
09-17-2022, 09:59 PM

Bryce young - run threat
Jaxson dart - run threat
Max johnson - run threat
Tj finley - run threat

We will not beat Auburn. Finley and Ashford are run threats. And we are incapable of scoring enough to win it.

Cowbell
09-17-2022, 10:02 PM
Keep burying your head in the sand and thinking this offense will work. Against any defense with a pulse IT WILL NOT. We have maybe 3 SEC players on offense and 5 on defense.

That's why I said he is not put in a position to succeed. I've been against this scheme since the start.

PikeDawg15
09-17-2022, 10:04 PM

I will disagree with you on the air raid part . The air raid has proven it can work , it has beat really good defenses since leach got here. I strongly disagree with you there ,

Our problem is this

1. Will Rogers is the most immobile starting QB in the southeastern conference. Mike wright at VANDERBILT is way more mobile than him. If he faces pressure , it?s a sack. LSU won that game because their QB can scramble for 15 yards at any given moment .

2. We have one good receiver that could start at another sec west school and his name is rara Thomas.

Sawyer has to be given a chance . If we can?t improve with a mobile quarterback in this offense then it?s time to get in on the Hugh freeze sweepstakes ( I think a mobile QB would make this offense amazing ) but will Rogers is not that guy.

DEDawg
09-17-2022, 11:16 PM
Could not have said it better. Will has got to go. Can?t wait for everyone to tell me how he?ll break all these passing records but the fact is he will never win big here. This is on Leach too, you cannot build your offense for 3-4 years over a dude this immobile. It?s not the PAC-12, we?ve got to move on after this year

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2022, 11:28 PM

He?ll make a great coach but he?s not a good enough athlete to win big games unless those around him play great.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2022, 11:30 PM

Bryce young - run threat
Jaxson dart - run threat
Max johnson - run threat
Tj finley - run threat

I see a trend

PikeDawg15
09-18-2022, 10:43 AM
I see a trend

What sucks is will Rogers isn?t going to ever get drafted so he?s going to stay another 2 years.

Our fan base isn?t going to let leach stay that long if he doesn?t make a change at QB . If Robertson could be just slightly worse as a passer but he just some sort of running threat , it would open up so much for this offense.

Dawgology
09-18-2022, 10:51 AM
Rogers is VERY accurate.

But that is literally his only weapon. He’s a statue in the pocket. Holds the ball way too long when playing SEC level talent. I understand he might be a little fearful of contact but he’s got so much green he could easily run 4-6 yards and slide about every other play.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2022, 10:55 AM
It truly does not matter. Just get Parson and get a new coach and we will instantly be better

The reason Parson is even coming here is due to Mike Leach! A revolving door of new staffs has always been, with a near perfect record, a program killer

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2022, 11:01 AM

Bryce young - run threat ..... As if this is the deciding factor on if we can win?
Jayden Daniels - run threat Has not 1 thing to do with our offense. It has to do with the lack of recruiting LBS under JoMo. These are SRs and Jrs...
Jaxson dart - run threat
Kj Jefferson - run threat A different type of runner that plays to our strengths. He isn't beating us to the edge.
Max johnson - run threat
Tj finley - run threat

Saban was where we are and lost games due to the lack of speed at LB (see Ohio State game). We are at that point. In fact, did you watch Charlton trying to catch Daniels?

FISHDAWG
09-18-2022, 11:04 AM
Ok ... say you get your wish and Rogers goes .... are you gonna stand Sawyer and Parson or Lovertich up against a firing squad when they do worse or throw 4 interceptions?
Will and Leach had a bad game. Neither one of them muffed the punt that turned the momentum

TrapGame
09-18-2022, 11:07 AM
Leach is changing his system. He's running the ball more. I believe he is also going to utilize more of a dual threat QB with Sawyer and Parson. This offense is evolving. I'm not bailing on Leach until we see Sawyer run this offense. If it's more of the same as last night then it's definitely time to move on.

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 11:09 AM
I said this last season and people went bananas but it is true.

Wills athletic limitations are so great it puts a ceiling on the potential for the offense.

You have to have minimum escapability, this does not mean you need to be a 11 flat 100 meter sprinter, but able to avoid a rush, roll out and buy some time. Will can’t do this. He is so slow so unathletic he is a statue. See Gardner Minshew. He is difficult to sack and will run for a first down if you give it to him. Will is the least athletic q b in a P5 conference and I would say D1. Don’t give me comparisons with Petras at Iowa or the kid at Purdue. Those guys are 6-5 and have good arms although Petras sucks very badly, he’s not small and frail with a weak arm.

Now let’s look at arms strength. One of the reasons Will can’t push the ball down the field is he can’t throw the ball more than forty yards in the air. Not only is he a statue but he can’t compensate with a big arm. This is a bad combination.

Will will never get a sniff of the nfl. They do no not look at guys who run a 5.9 forty and can’t throw the ball more than forty yards in the air.

This is not personal, I like Will personally but this offense would be so much more effective with a semi athletic q b who does have a strong arm. Right now we have a statue with a weak arm who checks into runs on fourth and one with eight men in the box.

PMDawg
09-18-2022, 11:13 AM
Sorry, but Leach screwed the pooch on this one. He decided to screw up field position by going for it on every 4th down. That resulted in Austin Williams being in to fair catch a punt inside the 10 (also a stupid decision to put him in cold there) and then Williams failed at his only job. We also had receivers dropping catchable balls all night. Will is what he is. He's what we've got. He's generally a pretty good college QB, but he did have a bad game last night. Our OL scheme sucks, our receivers dropped balls all night, and our coach screwed us. Leach owns most of this loss. He sucked bad last night.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2022, 11:14 AM
Leach is changing his system. He's running the ball more. I believe he is also going to utilize more of a dual threat QB with Sawyer and Parson. This offense is evolving. I'm not bailing on Leach until we see Sawyer run this offense. If it's more of the same as last night then it's definitely time to move on.

This system on defense and on offense will not be at a consistent peak for 5 years. Not happening. That's because of the players we need to run both the Defense and Offense. We can not fall into the trap of rotating coaches every 2 to 3 years. It's program killing.

TrapGame
09-18-2022, 11:22 AM
This system on defense and on offense will not be at a consistent peak for 5 years. Not happening. That's because of the players we need to run both the Defense and Offense. We can not fall into the trap of rotating coaches every 2 to 3 years. It's program killing.

I'm not taking about next week. I'm talking Sawyer in this offense for at least a year. But I really think we aren't going to see The QB until Parson starts.

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 11:26 AM
I'm not taking about next week. I'm talking Sawyer in this offense for at least a year. But I really think we aren't going to see The QB until Parson starts.

Agree with you but right now I’ll tell you Locke is a classic air raid q b. Smart athletic enough and has a good arm. A lot of Leachs good q bs remind me of Locke. He’s probably going to get lost in the shuffle because as you said Parsons is the guy.

If we had just avg athleticism at q b the O lines job would be so much easier.

PMDawg
09-18-2022, 11:26 AM
MSU needs an innovative offense to be successful. John Cohen went out and got us an offense that was innovative 25 years ago.

To be fair, he tried to get us an innovative offense when he hired Moorhead, and that bit him in the butt. That should have been a HR hire, on paper, but JM sucked in unimaginable ways.

Hard to fault JC I guess, but Leach appears to be a .500 guy in the SEC. Maybe if you gave him Alabama talent he could do better.

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 11:33 AM
MSU needs an innovative offense to be successful. John Cohen went out and got us an offense that was innovative 25 years ago.

To be fair, he tried to get us an innovative offense when he hired Moorhead, and that bit him in the butt. That should have been a HR hire, on paper, but JM sucked in unimaginable ways.

Hard to fault JC I guess, but Leach appears to be a .500 guy in the SEC. Maybe if you gave him Alabama talent he could do better.

Well he’s made a living out of turning around shitty bottom of the barrel programs.

FISHDAWG
09-18-2022, 11:45 AM
Well he?s made a living out of turning around shitty bottom of the barrel programs.

And this is why JC hired him .... folks are to quick to blame Cohen ... nothing "conventional " will work here

tcdog70
09-18-2022, 11:48 AM

What Coach has MSU ever had that was better than 500% in the SEC?

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 11:51 AM
And this is why JC hired him .... folks are to quick to blame Cohen ... nothing "conventional " will work here

You got it.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2022, 11:55 AM

And that will be in 5 years right. Let's assume Rogers stays another year. That will be the 2023 season and Sawyer takes over in 2024 as a Jr. Plays the 2024 season and Sr in 2025. That means Locke will start in 2026 as a Sr? And 2027 will be Parson. 5 years or so.

In the meantime, our WR room is getting better. But nobody is going to get us to the SECC without 2 major things while keeping everything else consistent;

- OL that are better than good
- DL that has speed on the edge

Lord McBuckethead
09-18-2022, 12:56 PM

Will knows as much as we do. He is the only one that can fix it. But Based on what I am seeing, it won?t matter. We cannot continuously rely on 14 play drives to beat an SEC team.

Lord McBuckethead
09-18-2022, 01:00 PM

I do wish he would run more often, but dang he is really bad a designing run plays. The formation is not good. The offensive line rarely gets to the second level because they are not beating their first man.

Dawgology
09-18-2022, 01:25 PM
And that will be in 5 years right. Let's assume Rogers stays another year. That will be the 2023 season and Sawyer takes over in 2024 as a Jr. Plays the 2024 season and Sr in 2025. That means Locke will start in 2026 as a Sr? And 2027 will be Parson. 5 years or so.

In the meantime, our WR room is getting better. But nobody is going to get us to the SECC without 2 major things while keeping everything else consistent;

- OL that are better than good
- DL that has speed on the edge

Sawyer will beat out Will next year. Mark that down on your calendar

Apoplectic
09-18-2022, 01:31 PM
Rogers is VERY accurate.

No he?s not

Bdawg
09-18-2022, 01:36 PM
He?ll make a great coach but he?s not a good enough athlete to win big games unless those around him play great.

This is it. When you have a statue, you have to have stud OLmen against stud DLmen in the SEC. We ain?t got it across the board. Teams pick our worst man on the OL and exploit it. They did last night and we were stopped. The drops were just awful too. Killed our drives

PikeDawg15
09-18-2022, 01:46 PM
I said this last season and people went bananas but it is true.

Wills athletic limitations are so great it puts a ceiling on the potential for the offense.

You have to have minimum escapability, this does not mean you need to be a 11 flat 100 meter sprinter, but able to avoid a rush, roll out and buy some time. Will can’t do this. He is so slow so unathletic he is a statue. See Gardner Minshew. He is difficult to sack and will run for a first down if you give it to him. Will is the least athletic q b in a P5 conference and I would say D1. Don’t give me comparisons with Petras at Iowa or the kid at Purdue. Those guys are 6-5 and have good arms although Petras sucks very badly, he’s not small and frail with a weak arm.

Now let’s look at arms strength. One of the reasons Will can’t push the ball down the field is he can’t throw the ball more than forty yards in the air. Not only is he a statue but he can’t compensate with a big arm. This is a bad combination.

Will will never get a sniff of the nfl. They do no not look at guys who run a 5.9 forty and can’t throw the ball more than forty yards in the air.

This is not personal, I like Will personally but this offense would be so much more effective with a semi athletic q b who does have a strong arm. Right now we have a statue with a weak arm who checks into runs on fourth and one with eight men in the box.

I agree.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2022, 02:02 PM

Wanna bet

Goldendawg
09-18-2022, 02:05 PM
Saban was where we are and lost games due to the lack of speed at LB (see Ohio State game). We are at that point. In fact, did you watch Charlton trying to catch Daniels?

Charlton is more of a DE, but our D, especially LB's are very slow by SEC standards. Safety play is again very bad in pass D. DE's were hyped pre-season and unless it is the scheme our pass rush/sacks are almost non-existent. We don't have an Edge player that can cause havoc like LSU. O is soft and 10 vs 11. ST horrible. Not a coach, but 50 plus year season ticket holder. Have seen plenty of them at State and this is a bad team.

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 02:12 PM
Charlton is more of a DE, but our D, especially LB's are very slow by SEC standards. Safety play is again very bad in pass D. DE's were hyped pre-season and unless it is the scheme our pass rush/sacks are almost non-existent. We don't have an Edge player that can cause havoc like LSU. O is soft and 10 vs 11. ST horrible. Not a coach, but 50 plus year season ticket holder. Have seen plenty of them at State and this is a bad team.

Agree with all that, but I don’t think this is a bad team. It is potentially a good team albeit 7-5/8-4 with the #2 SOS in the country and questions on the O line. We all knew that before the season began but got a lil giddy with all the “10-2 or it’s a failure” talk.

This is where the coaches earn their money. There will have to be some changes made at reciever, maybe right tackle and some defensive adjustments. More Banks instead of Duncan in passing situations for one. Just too soft overall, especially at receiver.

Against running q bs I wouldn’t mind seeing substitution for Jett in obvious passing situations/3rd down. Walley should be playing over Harvey. I thought Duck looked soft.

Percho
09-18-2022, 02:23 PM
The reason Parson is even coming here is due to Mike Leach! A revolving door of new staffs has always been, with a near perfect record, a program killer

Amen Brother, Amen.

PikeDawg15
09-18-2022, 02:26 PM
Agree with all that, but I don’t think this is a bad team. It is potentially a good team albeit 7-5/8-4 with the #2 SOS in the country and questions on the O line. We all knew that before the season began but got a lil giddy with all the “10-2 or it’s a failure” talk.

This is where the coaches earn their money. There will have to be some changes made at reciever, maybe right tackle and some defensive adjustments. More Banks instead of Duncan in passing situations for one. Just too soft overall, especially at receiver.

Against running q bs I wouldn’t mind seeing substitution for Jett in obvious passing situations/3rd down. Walley should be playing over Harvey. I thought Duck looked soft.

Jaden Walley has to be the most dissapointing player since Dan Mullen left. At the end of 2020 I thought he was going to eventually be an all sec guy. He played so good those last 4 games of the 2020 season. \

I guess him having a child ruined his future football career.

FISHDAWG
09-18-2022, 03:03 PM
We will not beat Auburn. Finley and Ashford are run threats. And we are incapable of scoring enough to win it.

We will beat Auburn , aTm, and we will beat Kentucky.... Arkansas will be a toss up like LSU ... if we quit taking unnecessary chances(coaching decisions) and eliminate turn overs we will beat them also .... 1st big game jitters got to players and coaches .... the wins I just mentioned will be a result of the mistakes made against LSU .... and once again y'all will have confidence in Rogers .... whether folks will admit it or not they had a suspicion the LSU game could go this way

Bdawg
09-18-2022, 04:20 PM

It amazes me how we can send the house and not get home. It’s what happened on the fourth down play to Nabors

Bdawg
09-18-2022, 04:24 PM
We will beat Auburn , aTm, and we will beat Kentucky.... Arkansas will be a toss up like LSU ... if we quit taking unnecessary chances(coaching decisions) and eliminate turn overs we will beat them also .... 1st big game jitters got to players and coaches .... the wins I just mentioned will be a result of the mistakes made against LSU .... and once again y'all will have confidence in Rogers .... whether folks will admit it or not they had a suspicion the LSU game could go this way

We went down there and did the things that we couldn?t do(drops balls, bad OL play, and turnovers). Gets you beat on the road almost every time.

And we did a bad job containing Daniels when we knew we couldn?t let him run.

R2Dawg
09-18-2022, 04:34 PM

That may be true and jitters may have been part of it. With senior team that shouldn't happen. The bigger issue isn't that. It is once again the lack of adjustment by coaching to counter what LSU did to flip the game. We did nothing. Would be like losing a game of chess in one move. LSU made one move and won the game. We did nothing.

My doubt is not about style (even though I don't like it and think not best) and it ain't players even though some disappointment in areas there too. It is actual coaching in game and a gameplan to win exploiting another teams weakness and leveraging our strength. It ain't happening and hasn't since Mullen was here.

KOdawg1
09-18-2022, 04:39 PM
There's a reason Will was a low 3 star whose other offers were Washington State, Tulane, and Troy.

He's limited. Is he the best we have right now? Probably. But for our sake, we need to hope Sawyer beats him out next year. Will has a ceiling and its not that high.

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 04:50 PM
There's a reason Will was a low 3 star whose other offers were Washington State, Tulane, and Troy.

He's limited. Is he the best we have right now? Probably. But for our sake, we need to hope Sawyer beats him out next year. Will has a ceiling and its not that high.
Agree 100% and I think it’s becoming clear to more and more people.

A guy who can take off and run for 40 yards would be a great luxury but......just having a good athlete that can pick up seven yards running when everyone is covered or can roll out, elude defenders and throw on the run would make a mediocre offensive line a pretty good offensive line. With the athletes on the D line in the SEC you have to nearly have an NFL pocket to allow Will to effective game in and game out......given his physical limitations.

RiverCityDawg
09-18-2022, 04:55 PM
MSU will never be more than a 6-6 team with Rogers at QB.

Well, we went 7-5 last year and could have easily won 9 with competent special teams, so you're objectively wrong and very likely a complete idiot.

Catfish
09-18-2022, 04:57 PM
Well, we went 7-5 last year and could have easily won 9 with competent special teams, so you're objectively wrong and very likely a complete idiot.

LOL, now that's funny.

TrapGame
09-18-2022, 05:00 PM

I'm going out on a limb and predict Leach will roll with Sawyer next year. I think Sawyer passes will in spring.

Todd4State
09-18-2022, 05:01 PM
I'm going out on a limb and predict Leach will roll with Sawyer next year. I think Sawyer passes will in spring.

I kind of doubt that. But we'll see.

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 05:05 PM

Given past history at Texas Tech, I think there will be an open competition for the job. What it depends on is if Robertson or even Locke are completely competent and up to speed with the offense and reads. Sawyer should be there next year. It sucks Parson is still in HS.

TrapGame
09-18-2022, 05:05 PM

Will made some really boneheaded reads last night. A guy that could get us a quick first down with his legs would have changed the game tremendously.

viverlibre
09-18-2022, 05:09 PM

Good God man, get some help. LSU is terrible and we couldn't do anything against them, (their EOY record will bear out how bad they are). Arizona is one of the worst P5 teams in the country and we couldn't put them away. We'll be damn lucky to win two conference games.

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 05:14 PM
Good God man, get some help. LSU is terrible and we couldn't do anything against them, (their EOY record will bear out how bad they are). Arizona is one of the worst P5 teams in the country and we couldn't put them away. We'll be damn lucky to win two conference games.

LSU at home is not “terrible” by any stretch of the imagination. Next you will tell me they don’t have any talent on defense.

RiverCityDawg
09-18-2022, 05:28 PM

I'm old enough to remember people saying this sort of thing after we lost to Memphis last year, but we went on to win 4 and finished the year with 3 wins over top 25 teams.

DEDawg
09-18-2022, 05:36 PM
I'm old enough to remember people saying this sort of thing after we lost to Memphis last year, but we went on to win 4 and finished the year with 3 wins over top 25 teams.

Last year wasn?t the year for us. We get one 9-3 win season possibility every 4-6 years where stuff lines up with a veteran QB and a solid defense. 2014 was one, 2018 again (Moorhead blew it), 2022 is one and we blew it last night.

Also we lost to Ole Miss last year, I?d gladly trade any of those top 25 for an egg bowl W

PikeDawg15
09-18-2022, 05:45 PM
Agree 100% and I think it?s becoming clear to more and more people.

A guy who can take off and run for 40 yards would be a great luxury but......just having a good athlete that can pick up seven yards running when everyone is covered or can roll out, elude defenders and throw on the run would make a mediocre offensive line a pretty good offensive line. With the athletes on the D line in the SEC you have to nearly have an NFL pocket to allow Will to effective game in and game out......given his physical limitations.

People can fight me for what I say right now. IDC

last year, if you swapped will rogers and matt corrall.

State is 9-3

Ole miss would be 5-7 with rogers.

A mobile qb that has an arm literally is game changing.

DEDawg
09-18-2022, 05:55 PM

State is 9-3

I feel like that is obvious though, no reasonable person would disagree. Corral was a third round draft pick with all the physical tools, just a tad undersized. Will is going to be undrafted

Todd4State
09-18-2022, 06:44 PM
Will made some really boneheaded reads last night. A guy that could get us a quick first down with his legs would have changed the game tremendously.

Mobility has nothing to do with making good reads.

Goldendawg
09-18-2022, 08:02 PM

Even though I found out on here during their game last night that Idaho State is a championship D2 or whatever program, AZ barely beat them at home. Doesn't say much for AZ or us.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2022, 08:08 PM

State is 9-3

I would argue that Corral would struggle to run the air raid and will would be fine throwing bubble screens handing it off and making one read shot plays

KOdawg1
09-18-2022, 08:15 PM
I would argue that Corral would struggle to run the air raid and will would be fine throwing bubble screens handing it off and making one read shot plays
Matt Corral would've absolutely killed it in the air raid.

No offense to your boy, but if Will can put up numbers in the air raid, Corral could easily match and surpass it with his arm and mobility. The talent level between the two isn't even close.

EdwardDrayton
09-18-2022, 09:13 PM
We do not have to have a dual threat QB. We just need a QB with enough awareness and footwork to step out of the pocket pressure buying a couple more seconds and then deliver the ball. Will immediately cowers in the pocket when under pressure.

CaptainObvious
09-18-2022, 09:16 PM
Even though I found out on here during their game last night that Idaho State is a championship D2 or whatever program, AZ barely beat them at home. Doesn't say much for AZ or us.

I believe you mean North Dakota State, but your message is still correct. Arizona struggled with a perennial FCS championship contender.

WhiskeyPirate
09-18-2022, 09:24 PM
We do not have to have a dual threat QB. We just need a QB with enough awareness and footwork to step out of the pocket pressure buying a couple more seconds and then deliver the ball. Will immediately cowers in the pocket when under pressure.

Agree that you don’t need a dual threat. You need a good athlete, not necessarily a sprinter or running back. Just enough quick feet to escape the pocket, buy time and if they leave 8 yards in front of you and it’s third down you can get it on occasion. That’s what Locke or Robertson can do.

Goldendawg
09-18-2022, 09:28 PM
I believe you mean North Dakota State, but your message is still correct. Arizona struggled with a perennial FCS championship contender.

Yeah, NDS. Taught GEO a year or two, my mistake.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 09:33 PM

That ndsu team beats a d1 team every year and their fans were extremely disappointed they lost last night. They expect to win. Heck they beat Iowa when Iowa was ranked #13 a couple years ago. They'd beat half the teams in d1.

TUSK
09-18-2022, 11:04 PM

State is 9-3

Do ya still think Will has a chance at a long NFL career or is that pretty much dead in the water?

Bothrops
09-18-2022, 11:31 PM

Bullshit we can certainly beat Auburn. They scored 12 points at home yesterday. The SEC west hasn't been this down since I can remember. Just about anyone can beat anyone.

Todd4State
09-18-2022, 11:37 PM
Do ya still think Will has a chance at a long NFL career or is that pretty much dead in the water?

I think someone will give Will a chance because of his lineage with Leach and in general he makes good decisions with the ball. But my guess is he would be more of a backup QB.

I think he comes back next year and if he can cut out the bullshit "I'm scared because it's LSU" then we'll see.

Bothrops
09-18-2022, 11:38 PM

I doubt that, since Sawyer is probably wearing a different logo before that happens.

Homedawg
09-19-2022, 07:23 AM

Bryce young - run threat
Jaxson dart - run threat
Max johnson - run threat
Tj finley - run threat

You would trade Rogers for all those guys? You're nuts. He played bad. Yes. But he's better than several young listed.

msstate7
09-19-2022, 07:34 AM
You would trade Rogers for all those guys? You're nuts. He played bad. Yes. But he's better than several young listed.

I'm assuming that last sentence should be "you listed". In no way is Rogers better than young. I agree with your post if my assumption is right

PikeDawg15
09-19-2022, 08:22 AM

Corral would?ve taken off 10+ times a game to gain yardage and get first downs and extend drives and not get sacked for 15 yards when any pressure happens.

I love will rogers as a person but his immobility is going to end up getting his coach fired .

PikeDawg15
09-19-2022, 08:26 AM

Not in the air raid no. But what I?m saying is , it a running threat adds a game changing threat to an offense that a defense will have to respect , defenses will have to think twice about everything they do because they will have to respect the run threat .

Will Rogers poses zero threat in the run game. Defenses scheme around that and beat us because of it.

If you put a guy there that is Atleast similar to will in his throws but can scramble Atleast as good as basically any other QB in college football that doesn?t play at Iowa. We would be a lot better

His immobility has put a ceiling on this offense . I think Leach knows that but he doesn?t trust sawyer yet. Which sucks?.

TrapGame
09-19-2022, 08:42 AM
Mobility has nothing to do with making good reads.

Yeah, it does if he can run for a first down or chew up 20+ yards of open grass. Those were there on 4th and 1 because LSU knew Will wasn't going to run it himself.

Apoplectic
09-19-2022, 08:50 AM
There?s a reason will doesn?t get the pub others do. Because people talk and coaches talk. There?s film study without the bullshit. People know he?s not a good decision maker and not a strong arm. The narrative is the narrative because it?s true.

WhiskeyPirate
09-19-2022, 08:53 AM
I don’t think Will is a bad decision maker, he was in the LSU game but in general I don’t think so. I think he doesn’t get a lot of pub because he’s viewed as a system q b. Which is true to an extent.

dawgman15
09-19-2022, 09:06 AM
Will didn't help but we were in the game. Austin Williams completely took the air out of the team. In his 10 year long career I cannot recall a moment where Austin swung the momentum in our favor but I can recall multiple times where he helped swing the momentum in favor of the away team. I don't think Austin Williams should touch the field again he does nothing special and is not "Mr. Reliable"

FISHDAWG
09-19-2022, 10:13 AM
Will didn't help but we were in the game. Austin Williams completely took the air out of the team. In his 10 year long career I cannot recall a moment where Austin swung the momentum in our favor but I can recall multiple times where he helped swing the momentum in favor of the away team. I don't think Austin Williams should touch the field again he does nothing special and is not "Mr. Reliable"

this is 100% wrong .... this was the second time Austin has fumbled a punt (had one last year). And in the past when we really needed a 3rd & long we almost always went to Austin for the first down because he was trusted to catch the ball more so than other recievers .... Austin is and has been a very good player for us .... You're basing that statement off one muffed punt. Granted that muffed punt swung the momentum and game in their favor but it's not like he's a scourge against us. I'm glad we have him. If you want to get pissed at someone then turn your attention to the guy that kept going for it on 4th down on our side of the 50

dawgman15
09-19-2022, 10:15 AM
this is 100% wrong .... this was the second time Austin has fumbled a punt (had one last year). And in the past when we really needed a 3rd & long we almost always went to Austin for the first down because he was trusted to catch the ball more so than other recievers .... Austin is and has been a very good player for us .... You're basing that statement off one muffed punt. Granted that muffed punt swung the momentum and game in their favor but it's not like he's a scourge against us. I'm glad we have him. If you want to get pissed at someone then turn your attention to the guy that kept going for it on 4th down on our side of the 50

2020 egg bowl fumble on the goal line doesn't ring any bells?

PikeDawg15
09-19-2022, 10:23 AM

Another thing that makes me so mad about how things have gone is that however bad the first half of the 2020 season was.

During the Georgia game 2020... something felt like it changed and we had started to figure out the offense. We go up to oxford and we had no business being in that game but we had guys making plays all over the field on defense and offense but damn did that fumble change the game..... We win if that fumble doesn't happen.

I don't think we win even if Williams catches the ball.

We couldn't do jack shit on offense and our defense was gased , LSU was going to get in the endzone eventually and make it 17-16

This loss isn't on Williams this time. But 2020 egg bowl it was.

Offshore Dawg
09-19-2022, 11:53 AM
Hard to make any decision when LSU's defensive line was giving him about 2 seconds.

Offshore Dawg
09-19-2022, 11:56 AM
Get used to it people, State doesn't spend the money necessary now days to get the players to complete. State doesn't have enough 4* and 5* talent to compete with the big boys.

Homedawg
09-19-2022, 12:06 PM
I'm assuming that last sentence should be "you listed". In no way is Rogers better than young. I agree with your post if my assumption is right

Yeah sorry fast fingers. should have been you listed....

Dawgology
09-19-2022, 12:22 PM
Another thing that makes me so mad about how things have gone is that however bad the first half of the 2020 season was.

During the Georgia game 2020... something felt like it changed and we had started to figure out the offense. We go up to oxford and we had no business being in that game but we had guys making plays all over the field on defense and offense but damn did that fumble change the game..... We win if that fumble doesn't happen.

I don't think we win even if Williams catches the ball.

We couldn't do jack shit on offense and our defense was gased , LSU was going to get in the endzone eventually and make it 17-16

This loss isn't on Williams this time. But 2020 egg bowl it was.

What you talking bout? That was a 14 point swing. Instead of tying the game they went up 14-0 with that fumble.

PikeDawg15
09-19-2022, 12:35 PM
What you talking bout? That was a 14 point swing. Instead of tying the game they went up 14-0 with that fumble.

I meant to say in the LSU game Saturday. My bad.

Goldendawg
09-19-2022, 12:56 PM
I don’t think Will is a bad decision maker, he was in the LSU game but in general I don’t think so. I think he doesn’t get a lot of pub because he’s viewed as a system q b. Which is true to an extent.

He did not look confident at all during this game.

Catfish
09-19-2022, 12:58 PM
He did not look confident at all during this game.

Kind of got the "happy feet" at times.

Goldendawg
09-19-2022, 01:10 PM

Too bad it's "happy feet" instead of "fast feet" to buy time for a completion or run for a good gain or first down!

GoDawgz
09-19-2022, 01:50 PM
Good grief, someone please archive this thread..... "oh no the wind is blowing out of the south today :( "......"next week it will blow out of the north :) "..... The back up QB is always the most favorite person on the team until he's the starter to which the 3rd string guy becomes the favorite! just a fact of fandom. yall carry on.

Lord McBuckethead
09-19-2022, 02:06 PM

Agreed. Austin Williams has been a great player for us, and continues to be a great player for us. Dude busts his ass for MSU.
And yes, we lost because of his play Saturday night. Both can be true.

We don't beat Auburn last year without Austin Williams. We don't beat aTm last year without Austin Williams. He wasn't the reason we won, but he was the reason we didn't lose. Dude has probably 25-30 absolutely have to have it catches in his career.
My biggest criticism of him and Walley is that they are fading away in games this season. No idea why. Tulu too.

You can blame the LSU loss on him, no doubt. But let's not go overboard here. It was one play. A simple play, that should have been made. He messed it up, we lost. No need to discount his entire career because of it.

Not throwing the ball down the field is a much bigger issue in my opinion. Not being able to block for 3 seconds on pass plays is a bigger issue. Not delivering a catchable ball is another issue. Not catching balls that hit you in the hands is another issue.
Austin's play lost us the game. Absolutely, but he isn't the overall issue. The overall issue is that we are Pussie$ when people start talking good about us.

farawaydawg
09-19-2022, 02:21 PM
This ^. Great Post.

farawaydawg
09-19-2022, 02:22 PM
Good grief, someone please archive this thread..... "oh no the wind is blowing out of the south today :( "......"next week it will blow out of the north :) "..... The back up QB is always the most favorite person on the team until he's the starter to which the 3rd string guy becomes the favorite! just a fact of fandom. yall carry on.

Agreed!

FISHDAWG
09-19-2022, 03:58 PM

I think that was a fumble on an offensive catch ... not a punt. Point taken but how many other receivers and RB' have fumbled as well ... regardless- he has been an asset for us - not a liability

Commercecomet24
09-19-2022, 04:41 PM
Austin's fumble was the straw that broke the camels back, but if we'd made the plays that were there to be made it wouldn't have mattered. Saturday's failure was a team effort from HC on down. Austin's screwup was just one of many. We had death by a thousand cuts. What the old saying? "We have met the enemy and he is us!"

Cowbell
09-19-2022, 05:25 PM

AW caught a 4th and goal to go touchdown that WILL threaded last week that was a huge momentum boost. Dude is a clutch third down receiver. You guys are ridiculous with this.

Cowbell
09-19-2022, 05:27 PM

That's what happens when you have a right tackle getting dominated and the coach doesn't do anything to help him. And we don't have play action or roll outs.

Commercecomet24
09-19-2022, 05:37 PM
AW caught a 4th and goal to go touchdown that WILL threaded last week that was a huge momentum boost. Dude is a clutch third down receiver. You guys are ridiculous with this.

Yeah Austin didn't lose that game, he had a mistake just like most everyone on the team including the staff. There was ample opportunity for us to put that game away before that fumble. Austin's had some big catches for us and I like him as a possession receiver but I wish we would go to zavion as our full time punt returner now.

ImissCityBagel
09-19-2022, 07:00 PM
Is there no possible way they Will can scramble out of the pocket and make a play? Nobody is wants him to be Michael Vick, but he doesn't give their defense a reason to respect him once the pocket breaks.

WhiskeyPirate
09-19-2022, 07:29 PM
Is there no possible way they Will can scramble out of the pocket and make a play? Nobody is wants him to be Michael Vick, but he doesn't give their defense a reason to respect him once the pocket breaks.

I think Will will have a successful year and he should not be replaced, however I don?t believe he can scramble.

I?m older than dirt and I?m pretty sure I could run him down without too much difficulty.

HoopsDawg
09-19-2022, 07:41 PM
Not in the air raid no. But what I?m saying is , it a running threat adds a game changing threat to an offense that a defense will have to respect , defenses will have to think twice about everything they do because they will have to respect the run threat .

Will Rogers poses zero threat in the run game. Defenses scheme around that and beat us because of it.

If you put a guy there that is Atleast similar to will in his throws but can scramble Atleast as good as basically any other QB in college football that doesn?t play at Iowa. We would be a lot better

His immobility has put a ceiling on this offense . I think Leach knows that but he doesn?t trust sawyer yet. Which sucks?.

If S. Robertson is even close to Will in the passing game, I would like to see what he could do. It seems there would be a lot of room to run.

Apoplectic
09-19-2022, 11:15 PM

What?s the word I?m looking for when you do the same thing but expect a different outcome

Gypsy_RoadDawg
09-20-2022, 07:28 AM

Absolutely!!

msstate7
09-20-2022, 07:37 AM
If S. Robertson is even close to Will in the passing game, I would like to see what he could do. It seems there would be a lot of room to run.
If teams drop 7-8 in zone, wouldn't that make it a little difficult for a qb to take off. Seems those guys would be watching the qb.

Offshore Dawg
09-20-2022, 08:11 AM
Austin's fumble and holding on the 90 yard return = 14 points score swing that was lost = lost game.

PikeDawg15
09-20-2022, 08:36 AM
If teams drop 7-8 in zone, wouldn't that make it a little difficult for a qb to take off. Seems those guys would be watching the qb.

If they drop 8 into coverage and the QB takes off running to the right , a defender will be taken out of coverage and a receiver can then become open

PikeDawg15
09-20-2022, 08:39 AM

But it just adds a whole new element to the offense because on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 , when you go to hand the ball off to the receiver , the defender will have to think twice about just going for the running back because a mobile QB ( like a Nick fitzgerald like a Dak prescott ) can just take off and get a 1st down so they won?t just sell out to stop the running back.

GoDawgz
09-20-2022, 09:11 AM
What?s the word I?m looking for when you do the same thing but expect a different outcome

I see what you did there.... clever.... but I will play along, its called insanity.
Now what's the word I'm looking for when you get what you ask for when the 2nd string guy is the 2nd string guy for a reason?!

TrapGame
09-20-2022, 09:14 AM
Sawyer passed Greek and Lovertich quickly through spring and fall. He was running with the 1s through a lot of fall camp. I'm not saying he's ready but he has vastly improved in this offense. I think we see him a lot during the second half of Bowling Green.

BlackSailsDawg
09-20-2022, 11:21 AM

Training.

Growth.

Development.

How many you looking for?

NCDawg
09-20-2022, 01:08 PM

Since our OL really doesn't give too good of protection, I guess it's pretty mandatory that we have to have someone who can move from the pocket. If we had a great OL, I think Rogers would do fine. Also, our W/R's didn't appear to be very focused against LSU. Lot of drops and didn't appear to be giving their best effort in my opinion. Can't pin that on Rogers.

Goldendawg
09-20-2022, 05:03 PM
Sawyer passed Greek and Lovertich quickly through spring and fall. He was running with the 1s through a lot of fall camp. I'm not saying he's ready but he has vastly improved in this offense. I think we see him a lot during the second half of Bowling Green.

My son and I went to the second scrimmage. I don't know if Sawyer was running with the ones or twos against the same or what. He did look to have quick feet and did not hesitate to roll out when the pocket broke down. He made one long run, but it may have been called back. He looks like he can use his legs to extend the play or run for plus yards , but did make some bad throws from poor decision making. He is at present the 2nd string QB, a very popular person.

HoopsDawg
09-20-2022, 07:28 PM

Yes, but just need 2 or 3 yards a lot of the time. If it turns out there is no running space, then it will never work with Leach. A mobile QB is my last shread of hope for this outdated offense.

Homedawg
09-20-2022, 08:50 PM
Here's the problem w the thought of a mobile qb that keeps being floated around- nobody disagrees that a more mobile qb would help, but there's this huge assumption you can find one that's mobile, has as good of accuracy as WIll and has equal decision making. Basically that's the perfect guy. I get it. Odds of find that guy just aren't good. Sawyer, more mobile- great, what do you give up??? The most important part of THIS offense is accuracy. I've stated it more than once, Will wasn't good. But sawyer isn't going to be our qb anytime soon. Matter of fact, barring injury, I don't expect him to ever be, I figure he'll leave.

WhiskeyPirate
09-20-2022, 08:57 PM
Here's the problem w the thought of a mobile qb that keeps being floated around- nobody disagrees that a more mobile qb would help, but there's this huge assumption you can find one that's mobile, has as good of accuracy as WIll and has equal decision making. Basically that's the perfect guy. I get it. Odds of find that guy just aren't good. Sawyer, more mobile- great, what do you give up??? The most important part of THIS offense is accuracy. I've stated it more than once, Will wasn't good. But sawyer isn't going to be our qb anytime soon. Matter of fact, barring injury, I don't him to ever be, I figure he'll leave.

I agree, with this offense you never want a run first guy and players that have the accuracy but can run like a RB are extremely rare.....you really just want an accurate q b who is also athletic enough to buy time, run for an occasional first down and avoid a sack. Robertson and Locke are both guys that can do that.

I don’t agree Sawyer won’t be the starter here. Locke may be the best of them all.

Homedawg
09-20-2022, 09:00 PM
I agree, with this offense you never want a run first guy and players that have the accuracy but can run like a RB are extremely rare.....you really just want an accurate q b who is also athletic enough to buy time, run for an occasional first down and avoid a sack. Robertson and Locke are both guys that can do that.

I don’t agree Sawyer won’t be the starter here. Locke may be the best of them all.

You think sawyer is going to hang around on the bench for two more years?? And the reason sawyer isn't qb now is bc he's not as accurate as WR.

WhiskeyPirate
09-20-2022, 09:08 PM
You think sawyer is going to hang around on the bench for two more years?? And the reason sawyer isn't qb now is bc he's not as accurate as WR.

No the reason Sawyer isn’t starting now is because he is a redshirt freshman. Leach won’t start a freshman at q b. Usually guys wait their turn in this offense. He will get a real shot next year.

Tripp McNeely
09-20-2022, 09:17 PM
No the reason Sawyer isn’t starting now is because he is a redshirt freshman. Leach won’t start a freshman at q b. Usually guys wait their turn in this offense. He will get a real shot next year.

Ummm...didn't he already do that with Will Rogers?

WhiskeyPirate
09-20-2022, 09:21 PM
Ummm...didn't he already do that with Will Rogers?

Ummm wasn?t that his first year and Costello failed badly and he had no other option but Will ?

Homedawg
09-20-2022, 09:38 PM
Ummm wasn?t that his first year and Costello failed badly and he had no other option but Will ?

You're never gonna find out. He won't be the qb here. Will is way more accurate. He's not getting benched. Again, barring injury and he turns in to Wally pip, Chris Maloney....

WhiskeyPirate
09-20-2022, 09:42 PM
You're never gonna find out. He won't be the qb here. Will is way more accurate. He's not getting benched. Again, barring injury and he turns in to Wally pip, Chris Maloney....

Based on what ? Your crystal ball ?

I am not saying who the q b will be next year, but as a redshirt sophomore, guaranteed Sawyer will get a real shot next year.

Tripp McNeely
09-20-2022, 10:01 PM

But wasn't your adamant statement wrong?

Cowbell
09-20-2022, 10:06 PM

If you aren't stretching the field

WhiskeyPirate
09-20-2022, 10:07 PM
But wasn't your adamant statement wrong?

Lol

Not unless you purposely take it out of context.

If you were familiar with Leach or his career at Tech or WSU, you would know he doesn’t start freshman q bs in the air raid, for good reason.

His first year here, Costello couldn’t pick up the system and was completely shell shocked. The only option he had was a freshman. I know Leach has commented on this before many times while at Tech and WSU.

Homedawg
09-20-2022, 10:09 PM
Based on what ? Your crystal ball ?

I am not saying who the q b will be next year, but as a redshirt sophomore, guaranteed Sawyer will get a real shot next year.
Bookmark this and get back to me. Just like the same people trying to tell me we had 8 draft picks in the 23 draft. Not being smart. If I'm wrong I'll own it.
ETA I find it hard to believe sawyer would stay around. I hope I am. I hate guys bailing early. But this is a different beast than ever before.

WhiskeyPirate
09-20-2022, 10:17 PM
Bookmark this and get back to me. Just like the same people trying to tell me. Had 8 draft picks in the 23 draft. Not being smart. If I'm wrong I'll own it.
ETA I find it hard to believe sawyer would stay around. I hope I am. I hate guys bailing early. But this is a different beast than ever before.
I don’t find it hard to believe at all. Robertson and Locke are more talented than Will. They grew up playing in very similar passing attacks.

I don’t know if they beat Will out, but I know one thing, as a third year player..RS soph, Sawyer will be given every opportunity next season to win the job, as he should.

I’m good with Will beating them out if he is capable, because that means he is playing at a very high level.

Homedawg
09-20-2022, 10:23 PM
I don’t find it hard to believe at all. Robertson and Locke are more talented than Will. They grew up playing in very similar passing attacks.

I don’t know if they beat Will out, but I know one thing, as a third year player..RS soph, Sawyer will be given every opportunity next season to win the job, as he should.

I’m good with Will beating them out if he is capable, because that means he is playing at a very high level.

More talented as in, arm strength and foot speed?? Aight. More accurate?? Not yet. Not close. Maybe so before it's over. Again. Bookmark it.
You are also assuming that sawyer stays for next year. Will he???

WhiskeyPirate
09-20-2022, 10:35 PM
More talented as in, arm strength and foot speed?? Aight. More accurate?? Not yet. Not close. Maybe so before it's over. Again. Bookmark it.
You are also assuming that sawyer stays for next year. Will he???

I’d watch some HUDL of Robertson and Locke and then tell me if they are accurate.

I think most of the four star drop back passers in the country can deliver accurate 8-10 yard passes.

FISHDAWG
09-21-2022, 07:26 AM
Lol

Not unless you purposely take it out of context.

If you were familiar with Leach or his career at Tech or WSU, you would know he doesn?t start freshman q bs in the air raid, for good reason.

His first year here, Costello couldn?t pick up the system and was completely shell shocked. The only option he had was a freshman. I know Leach has commented on this before many times while at Tech and WSU.

it wasn't just Costello being replaced by Rogers ... about half of our offense and defense were Freshman that year ... that's why we were young last year and this year

Desoto1967
09-21-2022, 08:31 AM
delete

msstate7
09-21-2022, 08:38 AM
Delete

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2022, 09:18 AM

That is absolutely true. If you are gashing a team with QB runs against man, the only option is to go to Zone where everyone on the field is eyeing him.
The issue here is that as a statue, DL can get way up the field and collapse the pocket. They pin their ears back and just beat our OL, because they know they have next to zero responsibility in keeping the QB there. That is the entire reason LSU's offense beat us.

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2022, 09:19 AM
I tend to get tired of the Christian stuff, at least the Christian stuff when you are not completing passes.

Goldendawg
09-21-2022, 09:53 AM
it wasn't just Costello being replaced by Rogers ... about half of our offense and defense were Freshman that year ... that's why we were young last year and this year

Starting OL, are by no means young, C is playing year 6. QB/RB's experienced. WR room very young expect for one 6th year possession receiver. Next year we will indeed be young at many positions.

NCDawg
09-21-2022, 10:27 AM
I think Rogers is a good QB-don't think we'll find anyone that is more accurate than he is. If we could give him good protection and have W/R's really trying hard-like we had with Polk last year, we could be really good on offense. We saw what Rogers can do in the Texas A&M and Auburn games last year.

Goldendawg
09-21-2022, 10:33 AM
Polk is on practice squad with Ravens, I think. He was our best WR and a transfer. Many young players in WR room, but we by no means have stars that could start on other SEC teams at this point.

FISHDAWG
09-21-2022, 10:36 AM
Starting OL, are by no means young, C is playing year 6. QB/RB's experienced. WR room very young expect for one 6th year possession receiver. Next year we will indeed be young at many positions.

I said "that year" meaning 2020.... and 2021 we weren't exactly old folks either

Goldendawg
09-21-2022, 10:47 AM
I said "that year" meaning 2020.... and 2021 we weren't exactly old folks either

My bad. Thought you meant this year.

SilentSteel16
09-24-2022, 02:14 PM
This thread is just BAD. A lot of wishful thinking here. You are absolutely NUTS if you think Sawyer is better for this offense. Today was very telling along with what CML just said post game. This is just a really really bad take by a fan (this whole thread that is)

Homedawg
09-24-2022, 02:16 PM
This thread is just BAD. A lot of wishful thinking here. You are absolutely NUTS if you think Sawyer is better for this offense. Today was very telling along with what CML just said post game. This is just a really really bad take by a fan (this whole thread that is)

Second guy always better. Except when he isn't.

Hambone
09-24-2022, 02:16 PM
Too bad this thread can’t be erased.

Sorry OP, Sawyer isn’t ready yet

tcdog70
09-24-2022, 02:35 PM
Anyone who watched practice knew Will was way better.

CoachT14
09-24-2022, 02:38 PM

Dunking on this thread because Will put up expected numbers on arguably the worst team in the FBS. Gold.

SilentSteel16
09-24-2022, 02:40 PM
Same team as the guy who many want to replace him right? How did that turn out??? Gold or platinum ?? Diamond maybe…

SilentSteel16
09-24-2022, 02:42 PM
Dunking on this thread because Will put up expected numbers on arguably the worst team in the FBS. Gold.

If you seriously think that Robertson is the answer RIGHT NOW and is better than Rogers RIGHT NOW then sir you need to step away from the keyboard and go lay down. Stay away from heavy equipment and driving though because you are clearly drunk.

CoachT14
09-24-2022, 02:45 PM
Same team as the guy who many want to replace him right? How did that turn out??? Gold or platinum ?? Diamond maybe…

I never called for Sawyer to start. You need some help. Will is a good enough QB but he has his deficiencies. It’s a message board. I feel like it’s reasonable to discuss that. But hey keep on keeping on. I’m sure acting like an a-hole for no reason will help your cause.

SilentSteel16
09-24-2022, 02:46 PM

Worst team ???? Didn’t BG just beat Marshall ?? Didn’t Marshall just beat Notre Dame?? Seriously man, you need to stop.

CoachT14
09-24-2022, 02:46 PM
Worst team ???? Didn’t BG just beat Marshall ?? Didn’t Marshall just beat Notre Dame?? Seriously man, you need to stop.

They lost to an FCS school.

SilentSteel16
09-24-2022, 02:51 PM
I never called for Sawyer to start. You need some help. Will is a good enough QB but he has his deficiencies. It’s a message board. I feel like it’s reasonable to discuss that. But hey keep on keeping on. I’m sure acting like an a-hole for no reason will help your cause.

I frankly don’t give a 17 what you called for. I said what I said to all the detractors that were calling for a replacement for Rogers. Clearly if you took offense to what I said then maybe you were a detractor. I really don’t care. This thread in its entirety is so off base considering the replacement options available.

If you can’t see that then I am just sorry you can’t.

Also MANY have said that all Will Rogers does it dump off. Put Sawyer in he will stretch the field. Well today spoke to that ability RIGHT NOW. Sawyer may very well be phenomenal next year or the year after. I HOPE he is, but this thread is calling for Will Rogers to be supplanted RIGHT NOW and frankly that is a really bad take.

Take what you want from that but fact is fact.

CoachT14
09-24-2022, 02:54 PM
I frankly don’t give a 17 what you called for. I said what I said to all the detractors that were calling for a replacement for Rogers. Clearly if you took offense to what I said then maybe you were a detractor. I really don’t care. This thread in its entirety is so off base considering the replacement options available.

If you can’t see that then I am just sorry you can’t.

Also MANY have said that all Will Rogers does it dump off. Put Sawyer in he will stretch the field. Well today spoke to that ability RIGHT NOW. Sawyer may very well be phenomenal next year or the year after. I HOPE he is, but this thread is calling for Will Rogers to be supplanted RIGHT NOW and frankly that is a really bad take.

Take what you want from that but fact is fact.

Congrats Mr. internet bad A.

It’s a pretty bad take to also act like you are when we beat a team we are supposed to like we are supposed to.

SilentSteel16
09-24-2022, 02:55 PM
You are clearly irritated, good day sir and Hail State

Jack Lambert
09-24-2022, 06:49 PM

Worse in FBS? I don't think we will play the worse team in FBS.

Lord McBuckethead
09-25-2022, 12:28 AM
If you seriously think that Robertson is the answer RIGHT NOW and is better than Rogers RIGHT NOW then sir you need to step away from the keyboard and go lay down. Stay away from heavy equipment and driving though because you are clearly drunk.

Here?s the point. No Sawyer isn?t better than Will is right now. And also, Will is not going to get us to where we want to be. Is Sawyers ceiling higher than Wills? No one knows, but we believe his ceiling is higher. It is just too easy to shut us completely down with a talented DL and a qb that cannot move. Until then, the season will be over practically the first SEC game each year.

Oh yeah, Sawyer getting three throws in garbage time with some replacements out there isn?t telling the full story either. It was his first action. Tough to determine anything about it.

Commercecomet24
09-25-2022, 12:45 AM
Second guy always better. Except when he isn't.

Nailed it!

parabrave
09-25-2022, 01:37 AM
Worse in FBS? I don't think we will play the worse team in FBS.

We still have Auburn.

99jc
09-25-2022, 05:04 AM
Congrats Mr. internet bad A.

It’s a pretty bad take to also act like you are when we beat a team we are supposed to like we are supposed to.

where do these 17ing idiots come from...another c34 wannabe smells like a rebel asswipe.

Todd4State
09-25-2022, 05:08 AM
Here?s the point. No Sawyer isn?t better than Will is right now. And also, Will is not going to get us to where we want to be. Is Sawyers ceiling higher than Wills? No one knows, but we believe his ceiling is higher. It is just too easy to shut us completely down with a talented DL and a qb that cannot move. Until then, the season will be over practically the first SEC game each year.

Oh yeah, Sawyer getting three throws in garbage time with some replacements out there isn?t telling the full story either. It was his first action. Tough to determine anything about it.

Bad news is a dominant defensive line will always shut down an offense and that's no matter what we run. A lot of our fans think that we can just Manziel our way to wins with a "mobile QB" but that's not reality.

Catfish
09-25-2022, 07:15 AM
Bad news is a dominant defensive line will always shut down an offense and that's no matter what we run. A lot of our fans think that we can just Manziel our way to wins with a "mobile QB" but that's not reality.

Good post, Todd.

msstate7
09-25-2022, 08:04 AM

Of course it will, but if you have te's or h-backs, you can at least help tackles out

basedog
09-25-2022, 08:04 AM
Of course it will, but if you have te's or h-backs, you can at least help tackles out

Big time.

FISHDAWG
09-25-2022, 08:17 AM
They lost to an FCS school.

So did Notre Dame and Texas A&M

msstate7
09-25-2022, 08:36 AM
So did Notre Dame and Texas A&M

No they didn't. ND lost to Ohio st and Marshall. aTm lost to app st

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2022, 09:22 AM

And had he played the entire game.... He would have done way more and set a record.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2022, 09:29 AM

True. People always want what they think is greener because "that will work here!". If we roll with a TE and H, you just moved 2 receivers off the field. Now tell me what the defense is now going to do to our WRS?

Will took sacks because Woody Marks and Simeon missed blocks. The RT is where Marks went allowing a free blitz to run straight over Rogers. ETC.

SailingDawg
10-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Boy I?m glad Leach pulled Rogers in favor of habebpollen. What a game against A&M. 80% completions and 2 rushing touchdowns of his own in a 56-10 blowout. Hail State! /s

Hambone
10-01-2022, 06:51 PM
Just gonna keep bumping this thread to the top. What a dumbass idea to start.

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2022, 07:39 PM
Well

Cowbell
10-01-2022, 07:58 PM
My favorite quote of the broadcast was "one day they will raise a banner for #2 at this stadium". Glad to have him. Mississippi born and raised and he's the right kind of guy.

bulldawg28
10-01-2022, 08:18 PM
Keep ballin Will.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2022, 08:21 PM
My favorite quote of the broadcast was "one day they will raise a banner for #2 at this stadium". Glad to have him. Mississippi born and raised and he's the right kind of guy.

This!

EdwardDrayton
10-01-2022, 08:26 PM
The OL made him look great today. He still holds the ball way too long.

Goldendawg
10-01-2022, 10:01 PM

We just stomped aTm. Enjoy! No college team plays a perfect game but we looked so much better in all 3 phases of the game. Hail State!

Matt3467
10-01-2022, 10:23 PM

He's not perfect and I naturally want to be highly critical of him but he played a really good game today.

Cowbell
10-01-2022, 10:57 PM

SMH

But when the OL sucks, it's wills fault....

thf24
10-02-2022, 01:10 AM

Or is he excellent at using the time he has? Zero sacks today, partly because of good OL play but also because he felt the pressure when it was there and got the ball out without exception.

He also moved in the pocket to buy time better than any other game to date in my opinion.

Cowbell
10-02-2022, 05:58 AM
Or is he excellent at using the time he has? Zero sacks today, partly because of good OL play but also because he felt the pressure when it was there and got the ball out without exception.

He also moved in the pocket to buy time better than any other game to date in my opinion.

This! And Dillon Johnson absolutely blew somebody up on the right side on a play that Will was about to get killed.