View Full Version : Problems and more problems

Cooterpoot
09-17-2022, 09:08 PM
1. Got out coached in every phase.
2. Will Rogers is not the answer.
3. Special Teams has been a joke for 3 years
4. Defensive talent is depleted in the front 7
5. OL talent is depleted

It's time to start looking for another path. This one is going to end poorly.

Cowbell
09-17-2022, 09:09 PM
5. OL talent is depleted

End poorly? It's poor currently

redstickdawg
09-17-2022, 09:10 PM
the sooner the better I've seen enough to know the outcome of too many games and it's never good. FIRE LEACH AND COHEN now

Cooterpoot
09-17-2022, 09:10 PM
End poorly? It's poor currently

You ain't seen nothing yet

DownwardDawg
09-17-2022, 09:16 PM
I agree. Most State fans were shocked when we hired leach. We all knew he wouldn't work out here. It was a bad hire and a terrible fit.

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2022, 09:19 PM

I dread the rebuild the next coach will have. Leach is going to leave almost zero SEC talent. He'll inherit small, pass catching RBs who can't run, soft OL, statue QBs, and no TEs. D talent is rapidly decreasing too. Jett Johnson ain't an SEC caliber LB, at least not in pass coverage. It'll take at least 3-5 years for whoever follows Leach to straighten out the mess, and likely longer. Cohen torpedoed football just to prove he was smarter than every SEC AD in the last 25 who never hired Leach.

redstickdawg
09-17-2022, 09:21 PM
I dread the rebuild the next coach will have. Leach is going to leave almost zero SEC talent. He'll inherit small, pass catching RBs who can't run, soft OL, statue QBs, and no TEs. D talent is rapidly decreasing too. Jett Johnson ain't an SEC caliber LB, at least not in pass coverage. It'll take at least 3-5 years for whoever follows Leach to straighten out the mess, and likely longer. Cohen torpedoed football just to prove he was smarter than every SEC AD in the last 25 who never hired Leach.

Cohen needs to be accountable for this phuked up hire and be gone yesterday.

Cowbell
09-17-2022, 09:22 PM
I saw Croom and Moorhead

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2022, 09:23 PM
The season is not over. I dont think Tom Brady would have been the answer with 7 drops and running inside zone vs double edge pressure. We pissed this one away like we have down there 100 times. Forbes and Watson really made some selfish selfish plays. Our offense played really greedy in the first half and played really poorly in the 4th and their DL teed off on us. THAT was our Leach game. Not Arizona. Glad it is out of the way for the year

chainedup_Dawg
09-17-2022, 09:23 PM
Special teams (fg & PATs) have been a joke for at least 6 years.

I counted 4 dropped first downs over the middle with no defender within 5 yards. Then Will missed 2 first downs by a mile over the middle. Seems if we can't connect those quick hitters over the middle we have no offense.

Also, I brought this up last week but now it's gotten more interesting/concerning. Our opponents have not been flagged for 1 holding penalty this season that I recall. No Way in hell if called straight that is even remotely possible after 3 games. I guess if your DL is pure sh** it's possible but even then...

Goldendawg
09-17-2022, 09:28 PM
I saw Croom and Moorhead

Hey, I saw Shira as a young pup when my late Father got me into a lifetime of this. Once you're in, there is no going back, and it seldom gets easier. I guess those voters in the Coaches" Poll knew something about our talent level compared with most of the other SEC (not counting vandy, of course)!

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-17-2022, 09:35 PM
Wow so many awful takes here lol

1) Leach has built a solid culture everywhere he's been so the odds of a JoMo/Sherrell type derailing is nil. the next coach will inherit a solif culture and won't have to run players off.

2) As far as talent, we have the best RB room since Aerris Williams graduated, the best WR room ever, OL recruiting is going better than it has since pre-Mullen and overall 247 rankings have us about where we always are, #25-30ish. Yall are remember SImmons/Sweat/Abrams and acting like that's the usual leve of talent for us, ignoring the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2016s.

3) we really going to say the next coach will have bad QBs to work with? COME ON! Leach is bringing in 4*s with elite arm talent, and Parsons is a dual threat. Mullen left us with a TE in Fitz. Mooread left us with a poor throwing douchebag in Shrader. Leach will leave literally 3-4 4*s with great arms.

4) we always say a good coach adapts to his players... well, if a new coach cant' adapt to a good pass blocking OL, very accurate QB, and very good WRs, he's not a good coach.

5) have any of you paid attention to the Portal at all? Half of OM's starters are transfers. A new coach could hit up the portal for a few TEs, a power RB, and a dual threat QB and run a completely different offense. The last 2 QBs we've faced are year 1 portal guys, yet we still wanna pretend the new coach has to work with what he inherits.

Cowbell
09-17-2022, 09:36 PM
The season is not over. I dont think Tom Brady would have been the answer with 7 drops and running inside zone vs double edge pressure. We pissed this one away like we have down there 100 times. Forbes and Watson really made some selfish selfish plays. Our offense played really greedy in the first half and played really poorly in the 4th and their DL teed off on us. THAT was our Leach game. Not Arizona. Glad it is out of the way for the year

It ain't outta the way Bucky. You can't win in this league when you don't have TEs and you can't make in game adjustments.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2022, 09:41 PM
It ain't outta the way Bucky. You can't win in this league when you don't have TEs and you can't make in game adjustments.

I totally agree I wish we would use a TE and I wish Arnett would do something else but we just aint

Cowbell
09-17-2022, 09:45 PM
I totally agree I wish we would use a TE and I wish Arnett would do something else but we just aint

What's his reasoning on the TEs? It shows how ignorant he really is about current offensive football.

Tell me that if I give you two decent college tight ends you win this game tonight by atleast two tds. I know will and others didn't play well but it frustrates me when players aren't put in a position to succeed.

DeltaSwamp
09-17-2022, 09:46 PM
5. OL talent is depleted

#1 all freaking day. Really got hopes up after we was running hte ball so much early this season. This is depressing

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2022, 09:49 PM
What's his reasoning on the TEs? It shows how ignorant he really is about current offensive football.

Tell me that if I give you two decent college tight ends you win this game tonight by atleast two tds. I know will and others didn't play well but it frustrates me when players aren't put in a position to succeed.

Same reason the veer doesnt use 4 WRs. They just dont believe in it. We are a veer team now its the same principles

Cowbell
09-17-2022, 09:51 PM
Same reason the veer doesnt use 4 WRs. They just dont believe in it. We are a veer team now its the same principles

This league is gonna make leach believe in it or believe in retirement in key west.

Goldendawg
09-17-2022, 09:54 PM
#1 all freaking day. Really got hopes up after we was running hte ball so much early this season. This is depressing

The late, great Bear Bryant, "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad". I of course don't have the answers after about 60 years of being a State fan, but we are looking at a very long season and I have unfortunately seen far too many under many different coaches. Hope I'm wrong, but our lack of talent compared to the rest of the league teams we play this year leaves little room for error.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2022, 09:56 PM
We will get better. Season is not over

LC Dawg
09-17-2022, 09:58 PM
Cohen needs to be accountable for this phuked up hire and be gone yesterday.
NM
Wrong comment

Homedawg
09-17-2022, 10:01 PM
So is Bucky going to say Will didn't play well?? Just say it... it's ok. And you can go read my other 46 posts that say the wr were bad and Will is our guy. It he wasn't good tonight.

msstate7
09-17-2022, 10:03 PM
So is Bucky going to say Will didn't play well?? Just say it... it's ok. And you can go read my other 46 posts that say the wr were bad and Will is our guy. It he wasn't good tonight.

Bucky will blame it on his wife before will

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2022, 10:04 PM

Worst thing he did was not checking plays and got greedy. Other than that I thought he did ok. Wasnt great but he is not why we lost. He will tell you that he was. That is why hes our guy. I know you guys have an agenda and wait on him to make a mistake and find me its ok.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2022, 10:05 PM
Bucky will blame it on his wife before will

Whats up man been a while

msstate7
09-17-2022, 10:09 PM
Whats up man been a while

You know I love you, bucky haha

redstickdawg
09-17-2022, 10:13 PM

1) Leach has built a solid culture everywhere he's been so the odds of a JoMo/Sherrell type derailing is nil. the next coach will inherit a solif culture and won't have to run players off.

2) As far as talent, we have the best RB room since Aerris Williams graduated, the best WR room ever, OL recruiting is going better than it has since pre-Mullen and overall 247 rankings have us about where we always are, #25-30ish. Yall are remember SImmons/Sweat/Abrams and acting like that's the usual leve of talent for us, ignoring the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2016s.

3) we really going to say the next coach will have bad QBs to work with? COME ON! Leach is bringing in 4*s with elite arm talent, and Parsons is a dual threat. Mullen left us with a TE in Fitz. Mooread left us with a poor throwing douchebag in Shrader. Leach will leave literally 3-4 4*s with great arms.

4) we always say a good coach adapts to his players... well, if a new coach cant' adapt to a good pass blocking OL, very accurate QB, and very good WRs, he's not a good coach.

5) have any of you paid attention to the Portal at all? Half of OM's starters are transfers. A new coach could hit up the portal for a few TEs, a power RB, and a dual threat QB and run a completely different offense. The last 2 QBs we've faced are year 1 portal guys, yet we still wanna pretend the new coach has to work with what he inherits.

so by your reasoning why didn't leach adapt (#4 above, never will either) when he came in and still hasn't? Football is about dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides and this 2 hand touch offense is built for flag football

Cooterpoot
09-17-2022, 10:24 PM
I saw Croom and Moorhead

Morehead had a better record

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2022, 10:26 PM
Morehead had a better record

Moorhead ruined the best team in school history

msstate7
09-17-2022, 10:27 PM

I agree with this. I hate that guy

Homedawg
09-17-2022, 10:34 PM
Worst thing he did was not checking plays and got greedy. Other than that I thought he did ok. Wasnt great but he is not why we lost. He will tell you that he was. That is why hes our guy. I know you guys have an agenda and wait on him to make a mistake and find me its ok.

Look man- if you'll read everything I've ever said about WIll Ibcluding tonight, I've said he'll win us more than he'll lose. He's our guy and he's by far the best we have etc etc. you'll know I'm not anti Will. However, to say he played ok is giving him a pass. He was t good at all and that's the throwing part. The last int should have been a td. Instead it was game over. That's the problem, I can compliment him and criticize. You have Will glasses. And yeah- maybe if we don't drop the 3&2 on the first drive of the half you never one. But we did. Here's to the good Will coming from here out.

Homedawg
09-17-2022, 10:35 PM

Fact

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2022, 10:42 PM

That might be the season that broke me. I think you could make a pretty decent argument Moorhead was worse than Croom.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2022, 10:43 PM
Look man- if you'll read everything I've ever said about WIll Ibcluding tonight, I've said he'll win us more than he'll lose. He's our guy and he's by far the best we have etc etc. you'll know I'm not anti Will. However, to say he played ok is giving him a pass. He was t good at all and that's the throwing part. The last int should have been a td. Instead it was game over. That's the problem, I can compliment him and criticize. You have Will glasses. And yeah- maybe if we don't drop the 3&2 on the first drive of the half you never one. But we did. Here's to the good Will coming from here out.

Im not going thru all of your posts tonight I will take your word for it. He was ok. In my opinion. He has played better and he has played worse. But he was not our biggest issue. Our worst games last year and in 2020 were due to special teams and our WRs getting absolutely abused. It happened again tonight. 4th quarter the defense was tired and got gashed. Mainly bc we kept going 3 and out bc they could tee off and all we did was drop the ball in response. Even when we had to block on the perimeter they kicked our ass. I also wonder why 22 is playing so much bc he hasnt done a thing to deserve it in a game yet. Makes sense that Hargrove would want to transfer if he cant get reps over 22 bc 22 body language is awful

Coach34
09-17-2022, 10:43 PM

3) we really going to say the next coach will have bad QBs to work with? COME ON! Leach is bringing in 4*s with elite arm talent, and Parsons is a dual threat. Mullen left us with a TE in Fitz. Mooread left us with a poor throwing douchebag in Shrader. Leach will leave literally 3-4 4*s with great arms. .

Speaking of poor takes:

Shrader has Syracuse's sorry ass 3-0 right now.

Fitz threw for over 6,000 yards and 55 TD's at QB for Miss State. Fitz averaged 3,300 yards of Toal Offense per season at QB. That's pretty phucking good.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2022, 10:45 PM
We had wide open receivers all night. Will missed checks, throws, and got stuck on his 1st WR a lot.
Nobody was good tonight except our first punt returner. He was about it.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2022, 10:50 PM

No question about it and it still hurts. If Danny boy stays that year who knows but he didn't.

Coach34
09-17-2022, 10:51 PM
No question about it and it still hurts. If Danny boy stays that year who knows but he didn't.

yep

PikeDawg15
09-17-2022, 10:54 PM
It just hurts literally watching any other college football game on tv and seeing every quarterback making plays with his feet .

Activated Alpha
09-17-2022, 10:55 PM
I don?t see us winning any SEC games this year. Not with the talent we have currently on the Oline and Dline. Tonight is the reason so many people in the media dogshit us every chance they get. Y?all wanted minutes on the SEC network? Well you will see a bunch of it now in regards to our shitty play

PikeDawg15
09-17-2022, 10:57 PM
I don?t see us winning any SEC games this year. Not with the talent we have currently on the Oline and Dline. Tonight is the reason so many people in the media dogshit us every chance they get. Y?all wanted minutes on the SEC network? Well you will see a bunch of it now in regards to our shitty play

Tonight is why we are wanted and considered to be the Vanderbilt of the west . I?m sick to my stomach

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2022, 11:03 PM
We had wide open receivers all night. Will missed checks, throws, and got stuck on his 1st WR a lot.
Nobody was good tonight except our first punt returner. He was about it.

We will just have to disagree here

Bothrops
09-17-2022, 11:07 PM
I agree with this. I hate that guy

I don't hate Morrishead, I hate Mullen for ditching us. He's the one that ****ed us the bastard. He knew what he had returning and left because he thought he was the shit. His reputation speaks for itself now.

Coach34
09-17-2022, 11:17 PM
Mullen bailing on us in 2018 just sux. I get it. He wanted the bigger job. Tenn and Fla are bigger jobs. But damnnnnnnn. He had built an animal heading into 2018. We could have been so good

Goldendawg
09-17-2022, 11:20 PM
Does anyone here think that any of the remaining opponents on our schedule fear playing us. Most teams except maybe a very weak OOC team circles us as a win the rest of the year. Sad.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2022, 11:20 PM
Mullen bailing on us in 2018 just sux. I get it. He wanted the bigger job. Tenn and Fla are bigger jobs. But damnnnnnnn. He had built an animal heading into 2018. We could have been so good

Don't think Ill ever completely get over that one. Dan had a shot to get us to Atlanta and the playoffs. What coulda been.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2022, 11:21 PM

Transfer portal allows for quick rebuilds. Non factor

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2022, 11:25 PM
It just hurts literally watching any other college football game on tv and seeing every quarterback making plays with his feet .

This.

Until we play 11 on 11 with a QB that can move, we?re just limited.

DEDawg
09-17-2022, 11:29 PM
This has to be a joke. My man, will was horrendous today. Yes the WR dropped balls but Will was also throwing behind and making bad reads all game. dude has zero escapability and eats sacks on free 7 yard scrambles. The audacity to say WE have an agenda. It?s time to admit it, it?s ok

Goldendawg
09-17-2022, 11:31 PM
That great OOC powerhouse, AZ, we beat after our bedtime is ahead 17-14 with North Dakota State at halftime at AZ.

DEDawg
09-17-2022, 11:32 PM
Bucky how can you disagree? This isn?t subjective, anyone can pull up the tape. I get you love Will but my god man, be a Mississippi State fan before an individual player. He had an awful game, it?s okay to say it and look to next week.

Todd4State
09-17-2022, 11:32 PM

Will wasn't good. But the whole team wasn't good either.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2022, 11:40 PM
That great OOC powerhouse, AZ, we beat after our bedtime is ahead 17-14 with North Dakota State at halftime at AZ.

Don't laugh at North Dakota State they are the bama of D2 and they beat a D1 team every year. There extremely well coached and produce draft picks every year. They would give pretty much any D 1 team a game

Todd4State
09-17-2022, 11:46 PM
Let's be honest. We typically play like shit against LSU. Especially in Baton Rouge. It's a tough place to play. And why I didn't go ahead and make any predictions about us winning. It was worse in 1998. And that team won the SEC while LSU stayed home for bowl season.

Now don't get me wrong- that's not excusing anything tonight. Most of the reason why we lost is on us because we didn't play well. Yeah- Will was bad. He didn't even attempt to throw it deep. Held onto the ball too long. Was indecisive. All of that. And then for the cherry on top he threw a pick when we had a guy running free down the post not even really covered and would have been a TD and a chance to kick on onsides kick which we would have screwed up but would have made the score closer. I don't think I've seen a Leach team drop so many passes. And Harvey needs to play less and Walley needs to play more. Our fans can talk about "mobile/dual threat QB" all they want but Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have been able to get away from some of the offensive line ole's tonight. And how many 4th and 1's did we get stoned on because they just got beat?

Defense was OK. They're just not athletic. And he needs to stop putting Collin Duncan out there on the other teams better receiver. Put Forbes in at slot CB and then play Banks and Richarson at the other CB spots and sit Duncan unless it's a running situation. And we are still awful at tackling mobile QB's. We make all of them look like Mike Vick.

It's time for someone to tell Leach to fire Washington, move Mele back to running backs coach and hire a real special teams coach. No reason why we can't get one of the best in the country. I don't think we're much better than last year on special teams. We've missed three extra points all year. And then we muffed the punt and that killed any momentum for us the rest of the game. Austin doesn't make very many mistakes- but when he does it's at the worst possible time. And great job by whoever held on Tulu's KO return that would have given us some momentum.

Goldendawg
09-17-2022, 11:49 PM
Don't laugh at North Dakota State they are the bama of D2 and they beat a D1 team every year. There extremely well coached and produce draft picks every year. They would give pretty much any D 1 team a game

Didn't know. Just very concerned after our loss tonight. I think we have also been exposed of lack of team speed at LB and pass D at safety no better than last year. After all the preseason hype about our DE's, what is our problem with lack of sacks, scheme? Are our WR's soft against tough DB's? OT play shaky with little help.

ImissCityBagel
09-18-2022, 12:02 AM

Yeah North Dakota state has been consistently good. They are probably better than Arizona.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 12:07 AM
Yeah North Dakota state has been consistently good. They are probably better than Arizona.

Yeah I've been watching them play just about every week for the last 10 years. They've won 9 national championships since 2011 and 18 overall. They are well coached and play hard.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2022, 01:44 AM
Speaking of poor takes:

Shrader has Syracuse's sorry ass 3-0 right now.

Fitz threw for over 6,000 yards and 55 TD's at QB for Miss State. Fitz averaged 3,300 yards of Toal Offense per season at QB. That's pretty phucking good.

Yep. Shrader > Will. Any dual threat QB > Will. Leach's QB philosophy is stuck in the 90s.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2022, 01:57 AM
Transfer portal allows for quick rebuilds. Non factor

Who's transferring to a dumpster fire? We haven't used the portal effectively yet. Why do you think we'll use it effectively in the future?

Todd4State
09-18-2022, 02:07 AM
Who's transferring to a dumpster fire? We haven't used the portal effectively yet. Why do you think we'll use it effectively in the future?

Maybe we'll learn how to use it?

Honestly the biggest I see with us using the portal so far is very Mississippi State. We're too nice to whoever the current group of players are. Happened in both baseball and football. "Well.....we already have So and so at LB so why do we need to get this guy who is better?"

I think we're going to have to start being a little more honest and create more competition with our teams than we would maybe like to in some circles. To me it looks like we probably should have paid a little more attention to OT, DE and LB.

bulldawg28
09-18-2022, 06:00 AM

The transfer portal is a savior of a program.

BB30
09-18-2022, 07:02 AM
Just curious, how many times in any of y'all's lifetimes have you watched state win at night in Death Valley? Regardless of how good or bad state was? I remember Sherrill dropping a big one there in his prime at state.

I remember Mullen having a bit of success there but not much.

We've lost to some bad LSU teams there in the past and gone on to have a decent year.

I don't know how the rest of the season will shake up but I do know we haven't had just a whole lot of luck in BR during my lifetime.

We've beat them 4 times since 99 home or away.

6 times since 1990

3 times on the road. Twice at night.

Offshore Dawg
09-18-2022, 07:07 AM
Just curious, how many times in any of y'all's lifetimes have you watched state win at night in Death Valley? Regardless of how good or bad state was? I remember Sherrill dropping a big one there in his prime at state.

I remember Mullen having a bit of success there but not much.

We've lost to some bad LSU teams there in the past and gone on to have a decent year.

I don't know how the rest of the season will shake up but I do know we haven't had just a whole lot of luck in BR during my lifetime.

We've beat them 4 times since 99 home or away.

6 times since 1990

3 times on the road. Twice at night.

And two of those wins were with John Bond as QB.

R2Dawg
09-18-2022, 07:15 AM

This may be the worst of it all. It will be a complete multiyear rebuild after what Leach does or has already done. We have some D talent but most of it will be gone when he is gone.

Cooterpoot
09-18-2022, 10:31 AM
We returned more starters than any team in the SEC. Does it say more about our coaching or recruiting? Both start with Mike Leach. We've not looked good a single game this year. We've had spurts where we played well. But just as many spurts of poor play. Three years and no consistency in our performances other than what we've seen every year.
If this thing doesn't get on track, and we lose to Ole Miss again, Leach won't have anyone left for support. Cohen will take a hit too with the fans but our stupid money guys don't have the balls or sense to get rid of him.