PDA

View Full Version : 6-6 at best

coastratdog
09-17-2022, 08:31 PM
Who u got for next years coach?

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2022, 08:40 PM

Leach. We'll finish 7-5, 6-6 which will be just mediocre enough for our admin to justify paying a semi-retired coach $5.5M a year

msstate7
09-17-2022, 08:41 PM
Beg mullen back

R2Dawg
09-17-2022, 08:43 PM
So what 3 SEC games we gonna win?

I can't find one TBH. Aub maybe, TAMU maybe. Not any more. We'll get beat bad in 4-5 more.

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2022, 08:47 PM
So what 3 SEC games we gonna win?

I can't find one TBH. Aub maybe, TAMU maybe. Not any more. We'll get beat bad in 4-5 more.

We'll win one we're not supposed to. Tonight was the annual WTF loss. It's who Leach is.

Cowbell
09-17-2022, 08:48 PM
Unfortunately leach will win one he shouldn't because some DC will have a brain fart and we will be stuck in this putrid offense 3 more years

parabrave
09-17-2022, 09:58 PM

Bucky!!!

DownwardDawg
09-17-2022, 10:08 PM
Gruden!!!! Lol

TheLostDawg
09-17-2022, 10:13 PM
Aranda

redstickdawg
09-17-2022, 10:14 PM
anybody but leach

basedog
09-17-2022, 10:19 PM
I’ve said 7-5 and it’s still possible. I never bought into Leach and “his 3rd year” stuff. Sec is just a different animal than Big 12 and PAC 10 conference. Pretty sure we gonna see better teams than LSU.

Not the reason we lost, but I told couple buddies before this game today that I think the west coast game played late and not getting home till 10:30 am with weather problems then going to Red Stick would have an affect.

Giving up 21 points in 4th quarter is sorta proof I think.

Goldendawg
09-17-2022, 10:20 PM
Unless we have some very smart players and there are not enough teams with winning records for the 213 meaningless bowls, we may see our bowl streak broken this year.******* (asterisks, I guess. Very bad loss)

PikeDawg15
09-17-2022, 10:40 PM
HUGH FREEZE

Quaoarsking
09-17-2022, 11:02 PM
Mullen averaged 7.1 regular season wins per year here. If that's acceptable (and let's get real, it is), Leach is acceptable too.

msstate7
09-18-2022, 01:16 AM
Mullen averaged 7.1 regular season wins per year here. If that's acceptable (and let's get real, it is), Leach is acceptable too.
He's 13-14 as our HC.

Coach34
09-18-2022, 01:22 AM
Exactly. Leach is 13-14 as HC.

And we aren’t going big this year with a roster loaded with lots of Sr’s and Jr’s

Todd4State
09-18-2022, 01:51 AM
Unfortunately leach will win one he shouldn't because some DC will have a brain fart and we will be stuck in this putrid offense 3 more years

Wait. It's unfortunate that we win?

Gotta love MSU fans.

Dawgology
09-18-2022, 10:33 AM
We will go 5-7 this year and miss a bowl game. Leach will lose again to Ole Miss. This athletic program as a whole is toast.

Quaoarsking
09-18-2022, 10:42 AM
He's 13-14 as our HC.
Let's see what he is at the end of this season, or the end of 9 seasons.

And he'll always be 3 or 4 wins behind Mullen's pace thanks to the COVID year.

StarkVegasSteve
09-18-2022, 10:46 AM
The season is not doomed by any stretch. 8-4 is still very much doable. Now we cannot play like we did last night, but look around the conference yesterday and outside of the usual suspects, who really scares you? Every team I watched has a deficiency, and in the case of Auburn some have multiple deficiencies. Again, if we play like last night for the next 9 games then 6 wins is the best we can get. But 8-4 is not a wild imagination, it is very gettable. Need to eliminate the mistakes we saw last night which luckily for us are very correctable.

Quaoarsking
09-18-2022, 10:50 AM
The season is not doomed by any stretch. 8-4 is still very much doable. Now we cannot play like we did last night, but look around the conference yesterday and outside of the usual suspects, who really scares you? Every team I watched has a deficiency, and in the case of Auburn some have multiple deficiencies. Again, if we play like last night for the next 9 games then 6 wins is the best we can get. But 8-4 is not a wild imagination, it is very gettable. Need to eliminate the mistakes we saw last night which luckily for us are very correctable.

Arkansas is very beatable. Texas A&M, who knows.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2022, 12:54 PM

This pretty much sums it up.

parabrave
09-18-2022, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=StarkVegasSteve;1448762]The season is not doomed by any stretch. 8-4 is still very much doable. Now we cannot play like we did last night, but look around the conference yesterday and outside of the usual suspects, who really scares you? Every team I watched has a deficiency, and in the case of Auburn some have multiple deficiencies. Again, if we play like last night for the next 9 games then 6 wins is the best we can get. But 8-4 is not a wild imagination, it is very gettable. Need to eliminate the mistakes we saw last night which luckily for us are very correctable.[/QUOTE,]

Problem is there is now Film on what to do. Overload the line put pressure on WR because he won't/can't extend the play. Receivers can't get separation so now they can blitz and play DBs up. Play one safety deep because he can't throw down the field, due to being on his ass. On def our DBs can't tackle, wrap up, so just get someone into space and watch him go. Plus the D will be on the field so much that they will be worn out by the 4th. Oh 44 is too slow to be shadowing a QB.

RiverCityDawg
09-18-2022, 05:33 PM
Arkansas is very beatable. Texas A&M, who knows.

I like our matchup against both of those teams. Auburn too. Ole miss is till a mystery to me because of our schedule, but I don't see them being able just to hand it to the running backs all game and beat us like they have these other teams they've played so far. Maybe Dart will improve by our game though, who knows.

PikeDawg15
09-18-2022, 05:47 PM
I like our matchup against both of those teams. Auburn too. Ole miss is till a mystery to me because of our schedule, but I don't see them being able just to hand it to the running backs all game and beat us like they have these other teams they've played so far. Maybe Dart will improve by our game though, who knows.

He will be improved.
Sigh.

Zach Evans is a beast tho. Thank God they missed on gabriel. Thank God.

Activated Alpha
09-18-2022, 05:56 PM

We are Mississippi State so of course he will....

Schultzy
09-18-2022, 06:43 PM
Sorry but I despise all of you, we will win six or seven games no more and no less.

Goldendawg
09-18-2022, 08:09 PM
Sorry but I despise all of you, we will win six or seven games no more and no less.

Who are the 2 SEC wins to reach 6 and even more mind boggling the 3 to reach 7 wins?

Schultzy
09-18-2022, 08:14 PM
Who are the 2 SEC wins to reach 6 and even more mind boggling the 3 to reach 7 wins?
We should win two of the games against Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky and A&M & old miss. None of them are really that good.

Todd4State
09-18-2022, 11:18 PM

Agree. We have to be more consistent. Same thing happened last year. We were sloppy and won the first two games and then played like crap on the road the third week against Memphis. Last year we lost game four against LSU but then we pulled off an upset of A&M. Blown out by Bama and then got better winning three out of four with the one a loss to Arkansas on the road with some questionable officiating.

Hopefully we beat Bowling Green and more importantly are more consistent. Then we move on from there.

Todd4State
09-18-2022, 11:24 PM
Problem is there is now Film on what to do. Overload the line put pressure on WR because he won't/can't extend the play. Receivers can't get separation so now they can blitz and play DBs up. Play one safety deep because he can't throw down the field, due to being on his ass. On def our DBs can't tackle, wrap up, so just get someone into space and watch him go. Plus the D will be on the field so much that they will be worn out by the 4th. Oh 44 is too slow to be shadowing a QB.

I remember when everyone called Bo Pelini an idiot for that gameplan and the thing that stopped the Air Raid was the drop 8.

Bdawg
09-19-2022, 05:07 AM
I remember when everyone called Bo Pelini an idiot for that gameplan and the thing that stopped the Air Raid was the drop 8.

Yes. What happened to the air raid torches man to man? Cause we saw a lot of it with a high safety I believe. They brought pressure a lot and either our receivers couldn’t separate or Will couldn’t find them or they dropped it or OL got whipped. But we certainly didn’t burn them in man.

KOdawg1
09-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Leach is 3-10 vs the SEC west, and he's staring 0-3 records vs Bama, Arky, and OM right in the face

WhiskeyPirate
09-19-2022, 08:39 AM
Leach is 3-10 vs the SEC west, and he's staring 0-3 records vs Bama, Arky, and OM right in the face

He’s 0-3 vs Bama ? What is our record against them the last 15 years ? Anybody know ?

BrunswickDawg
09-19-2022, 08:52 AM
Let's see what he is at the end of this season, or the end of 9 seasons.

And he'll always be 3 or 4 wins behind Mullen's pace thanks to the COVID year.

Right.
27 games in - Mullen was 15-12, 7-10 in SEC games.
27 games in - Leach is 13-14, 7-12 in SEC games.

The difference is the 2 SEC games.

msstate7
09-19-2022, 09:01 AM
Right.

Fair enough, probably worth noting Mullen's first schedule was ridiculously difficult. Also, leach picked up vandy and Georgia in that season, so 1 was a gimmee, and one was clearly not

Commercecomet24
09-19-2022, 09:24 AM
Right.

No reason to bring facts into this argument, lol!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again.

BrunswickDawg
09-19-2022, 09:33 AM
Fair enough, probably worth noting Mullen's first schedule was ridiculously difficult. Also, leach picked up vandy and Georgia in that season, so 1 was a gimmee, and one was clearly not

Fair - Mullen's first 3 SOS were 1st, 27th, and 37th
Leach's were 11th, 29th, and currently 23rd.

They did play the same number of ranked teams their first season. Mullen in SEC play faced #2, 3, 7, & 20; Leach faced #2, 6, 11, & 13 (and #22 Tulsa in the Bowl). Both played Vandy.
The difference, oddly, was the OOC - #25 GT that went 11-3 and won their division, a Houston team that went 10-4 and won their division, and a 10-3 MTSU that won a bowl.

If Leach had gotten to play New Mexico (2-5), Tulane (6-6) , NC State (8-4), and Alabama A&M - that would have been a much easier 1st season - but would have also likely yielded at least 2 more wins if not 3.

Quaoarsking
09-19-2022, 10:21 AM
Right.

I predict that Leach's SEC record after 3 seasons will be better than Mullen's 9-15, but time will tell.

Whether it is or isn't either way, there will be valid arguments of why the comparison isn't exactly fair.

msstate7
09-19-2022, 10:30 AM
Fair - Mullen's first 3 SOS were 1st, 27th, and 37th
Leach's were 11th, 29th, and currently 23rd.

They did play the same number of ranked teams their first season. Mullen in SEC play faced #2, 3, 7, & 20; Leach faced #2, 6, 11, & 13 (and #22 Tulsa in the Bowl). Both played Vandy.
The difference, oddly, was the OOC - #25 GT that went 11-3 and won their division, a Houston team that went 10-4 and won their division, and a 10-3 MTSU that won a bowl.

If Leach had gotten to play New Mexico (2-5), Tulane (6-6) , NC State (8-4), and Alabama A&M - that would have been a much easier 1st season - but would have also likely yielded at least 2 more wins if not 3.

Vandy wasn't on the schedule, so that would have to accounted for

PikeDawg15
09-19-2022, 10:33 AM

Home vs Auburn
Home vs Arkansas

We already know this team is not an sec west contender ( I still had hope but losing to a LSU team who will be going 6-6 or 7-5 just destroyed it)

can we beat A&M? Yes I think we CAN that doesn't mean we should or we will. DJ Durkin did a pretty good job limiting the air raid with 3 stars, lets see him do it with 5 stars..

Ole Miss is the biggest unknown in the SEC West right now, they haven't played anybody but they have did their job so far.

If they can score on 30+ on Kentucky, I will be scared. Kentucky's running game is currently non existent so if you can shut down will levis they wont score much and that can give any team a shot to win.

Florida is very overrated because they beat a overrated utah team. I still think Florida can beat Tennessee because Tennessee tries to find ways to give Florida the game. I think tennessee is like 3-17 in the past 20 years against Florida or something ridiculous

BrunswickDawg
09-19-2022, 02:16 PM
Vandy wasn't on the schedule, so that would have to accounted for

That's why I stated 2 if not 3 more wins. I don't think we would have lost to NM, Tulane, or Al A&M - so that is 2 more wins then we would have had when you subtract Vandy.
However, it is all junk speculation. COVID really scattered that season. Without it, who knows? Does having a real spring and summer result in more buy-in, stability, and better results? Does Costello settle in an learn the offense instead of thinking he's Super QB after game 1? Does Kylin play the full season and not opt out? Does having 3 early tune-up games make an impact on games like AU/OM/ARky/A&M that weren't blow outs but turned on KJ being a Pick machine?

I could see a season like: NM (W), NCST (?), Arkansas (???a W with 2 games under our belt), Tulane (w), A&M (L), Bama (L), LSU (W- Costello still wins it, but not with 600+ yards), Auburn (??? - does it turn our different with a full roster without COVID?), Mizzou (W - they sucked) UK (L), a-A&M (W), OM (??? - full roster without COVID??). That's 5 wins instead of 3, and 3 toss ups that a full roster might have stolen 1 to get to 6. That season was just such crap - who knows.

EdwardDrayton
09-19-2022, 07:34 PM
Beg mullen back

No. Nope. Not ever. Do not ever want to see Donnie Mullins on our sideline again.

Would hire Rich Rodriguez with Charlie Weis as his assistant before I?d ever call Donnie M. And that goes double for Scoot Strickins.

Offshore Dawg
09-20-2022, 12:39 PM
He's 13-14 as our HC.
one of these years was without any out conference games.

TrapGame
09-20-2022, 01:29 PM
one of these years was without any out conference games.

2020 should never count. Every win or loss for any team that year should be an asterisk. Hell, we had entire conferences that didn't play a single game that year.

Ezsoil
09-20-2022, 08:15 PM
He's 13-14 as our HC.

Of those 27 games, 19 are conference games .... MSU was 4-4 in conference last year ....guess how many times Mullen finished with 4 conference wins? Just twice....

WhiskeyPirate
09-20-2022, 08:41 PM
Of those 27 games, 19 are conference games .... MSU was 4-4 in conference last year ....guess how many times Mullen finished with 4 conference wins? Just twice....

That’s true, Mullen has a losing conference record, 33-39 I believe. He had one winning season in the sec and that was because of POY Dak.

Other than that year he was 27-37 in the sec.

Catfish
09-20-2022, 09:17 PM
Bring back Mullen ******