PDA

View Full Version : Jason Whitlock on Dak Prescott.

CaptainObvious
09-15-2022, 09:35 PM
https://www.theblaze.com/fearless/oped/whitlock-dak-prescott-contract-mistake?utm_content=bufferd204f&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=fb-glennbeck&fbclid=IwAR3_zWwQuAumCAmjYmKIRKXfOwBY-eerhB7oYmfPwPP2vwSB-M0yyvEOmPs

BeardoMSU
09-15-2022, 09:40 PM
That guy has always been a clown.

ScoobaDawg
09-15-2022, 09:41 PM
Screw that guy. It was Dak's first real contract. He's allowed to get what he can get

Bdawg
09-15-2022, 09:52 PM
So when does an agent not try to get the most for client. Jerry screwed that up by not paying Dak in the beginning. Cost him more by waiting on signing Dak. Plus they gave Zeke waaaay to much. Whitlock even mentions in one paragraph all the shortcomings on the team but acts like that doesn’t matter. Idiot! I couldn’t watch the game but I will assume his OL still sucks as usual.

BeardoMSU
09-15-2022, 10:00 PM
So when does an agent not try to get the most for client. Jerry screwed that up by not paying Dak in the beginning. Cost him more by waiting on signing Dak. Plus they gave Zeke waaaay to much. Whitlock even mentions in one paragraph all the shortcomings on the team but acts like that doesn’t matter. Idiot! I couldn’t watch the game but I will assume his OL still sucks as usual.

He's always hated on Dak, for whatever reason.

NCMSTFAN
09-16-2022, 06:29 AM
Honestly, alot of these guys talk bad about Dak, Skip Bayless has even started doing it since last season. It pisses me off every time too

basedog
09-16-2022, 06:51 AM
I'm just glad Dak got paid, I hate that he is injured again, he has had some bad luck with injuries. Jerry Jones has created a total mess for the Dallas Cowboys, but the money he makes he probably could care less about winning a championship.
I don't think Dak will end his career at Dallas.

msstate7
09-16-2022, 06:56 AM
Dak is the qb for the most popular team in sports. If the cowboys win big, dak will be praised non-stop. We're seeing what happens when they don't win big. He wouldn't deserve full credit or full blame in either case, but thus is life for an nfl qb...

Santiago
09-16-2022, 07:02 AM
I thought Whitlock's article wasn't far off. He usually shoots straight. Dak needs star WR's and a strong OL.
The only thing missing from the article is would Jerry have actually correctly appropriated the money to the right positions and players if Dak had taken less.

Cowbell
09-16-2022, 07:28 AM
I thought Whitlock's article wasn't far off. He usually shoots straight. Dak needs star WR's and a strong OL.
The only thing missing from the article is would Jerry have actually correctly appropriated the money to the right positions and players if Dak had taken less.

All of the QBs that currently have bigger contracts than Dak also currently have more talent around them. Much more. Tells you all you need to know. The cowboys started an undrafted FA rookie at wr while cole Beasley is currently sitting at home and needs a job. And the cowboys have 20M in cap space last I checked,

msstate7
09-16-2022, 07:50 AM
All of the QBs that currently have bigger contracts than Dak also currently have more talent around them. Much more. Tells you all you need to know. The cowboys started an undrafted FA rookie at wr while cole Beasley is currently sitting at home and needs a job. And the cowboys have 20M in cap space last I checked,

They do have 2 WRs injured in Washington and gallop. Gallop should be back soon.

Salary cap space does carry over, so now that dak and smith are out a while, I don't see why you go get a wr. Improve your draft spot and carry over salary cap to go in big time for next season. Or go the stupid route, spend money on wr now to where you maybe get to 9 wins and kill your draft position

MaroonFlounder
09-16-2022, 08:11 AM
Zeke Elliot is not worth 10% of the contract he was blessed with, and nobody talks about that.

You can get RBs on the open market so much better than him.

Dak is the only reason the Cowboys have been half-ass competitive when healthy. O-Line and Defense has gone to waste.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2022, 08:14 AM
Is Dak a $40MM QB? I don't know. He's put up great numbers with no talent around him really. That WR corp has never been a high level group. When Cooper is your #1, that's not saying much. When the OL was good his first year, he looked great. But it's deteriorated to one of the worst in the league now.
I think Dak is a second tier guy behind the handful of great QBs, but he's still in that top 10 QB area. And that's good enough to win a championship if you give him players.

msstate7
09-16-2022, 08:23 AM
Cowboys have had great WRs.

Cowboys WRs place No. 2 in PFF position rankings
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/02/cowboys-wide-receivers-place-no-2-in-pff-positional-rankings/

A complete overview of how PFF saw the 2021 Dallas Cowboys and their players
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/a-complete-overview-of-how-pff-saw-the-2021-dallas-cowboys-and-their-players/ar-AAZV0lP

^^^ pFF rated cowboy WRs 2nd entering 2021, and they had them 2nd after 2021

Matt3467
09-16-2022, 08:56 AM
I think a lot of that article is tough truth. Dak needs a supporting cast. He's not at the level he can carry a team single handedly. The Cowboys have lost a lot. Dak is incredibly stupid for staying in Dallas and tbh it's hard for me to feel sorry for him when he's catching this heat. He had a chance to move on and he didn't. He took a huge salary with probably the most publicized team and he was going to be either praised or hated. The biggest problem for Dallas is Jerry Jones and that can't really be helped but I still come back to Dak having the chance to go elsewhere.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2022, 09:10 AM
Every QB that wins big has a great supporting cast. Heck the reason Brady left New England was because he had zero weapons and even he could only take them so far with what he had around him. Dan Marino one of the greatest qbs of all time,never won a super bowl and had a terrible playoff record. Why? Not enough players around him. The list goes on and on. As 7 said QB's get to much credit AND to much blame. I wish Dak had left Dallas, as long as Jerry's there they ain't winning anything. Dak loves Dallas though and he got paid so he's gonna have to deal with the fallout when they lose and the accolades when they win. NFL qb life.

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2022, 09:58 AM
Every QB that wins big has a great supporting cast. Heck the reason Brady left New England was because he had zero weapons and even he could only take them so far, with what he had around him. Dan Marino one of the greatest qbs of all time,never won a super bowl and had a terrible playoff record. Why? Not enough players around him. The list goes on and on. As 7 said QB's get to much credit AND to much blame. I wish Dak had left Dallas as long as Jerry's there they ain't winning anything. Dak loves Dallas though and he got paid so he's gonna have to deal with the fallout when they lose and they accolades when they win. NFL qb life.

THIS^^^^
People also forget that when the rest of the team is extremely talented, even a bad to mediocre QB can get you to the Super Bowl (and occasionally even win). Chris Chandler (Falcons), Trent Dilfer (Ravens), Brad Johnson (Bucs), Rich Gannon (Raiders), Jake Delhomme (Panthers), Matt Hasselbeck (Seahawks), Rex Grossman (Bears), Colin Kaepernick

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2022, 10:19 AM

Whitlock is hack. He has figured out how to make money being the black super conservative personality who can say ridiculous takes and get paid money to say things that people who hate BLM or whatever liberal politician of color is saying that rational americans disagree with.

I'm not positive the whole thing isn't an act, like Larry the Cable Guy. Whitlock the black Sports guy, just super conservative.

What you hate Lebron? I hate Lebron. You hate Kaepernick, I hate him too. You hate Biden, I hate Biden.

Problem with a hack like Whitlock is that eventually he is going to slip up and have a take that is unpopular with his base and he will back track and focus on some other divisive issue.

Sorry for the rant, but i'm just tired of people making money on trying to make us all hate each other. It used to just be done in the political world, i.e. abortion, death penalty or taxes. Now you have guys like Whitlock who have figured out that he can make money by being divisive with topics like Lebron, Kaepernick, womens soccer team, or any issue that can divide people over something normally benign.

Rant over

msstate7
09-16-2022, 10:25 AM
Whitlock is hack. He has figured out how to make money being the black super conservative personality who can say ridiculous takes and get paid money to say things that people who hate BLM or whatever liberal politician of color is saying that rational americans disagree with.

I'm not positive the whole thing isn't an act, like Larry the Cable Guy. Whitlock the black Sports guy, just super conservative.

What you hate Lebron? I hate Lebron. You hate Kaepernick, I hate him too. You hate Biden, I hate Biden.

Problem with a hack like Whitlock is that eventually he is going to slip up and have a take that is unpopular with his base and he will back track and focus on some other divisive issue.

Sorry for the rant, but i'm just tired of people making money on trying to make us all hate each other. It used to just be done in the political world, i.e. abortion, death penalty or taxes. Now you have guys like Whitlock who have figured out that he can make money by being divisive with topics like Lebron, Kaepernick, womens soccer team, or any issue that can divide people over something normally benign.

Rant over

Not saying you're wrong, but how do you know it's an act? Seems pretty stereotypical to suggest he couldn't really be a conservative.

ETA... I think half (or more) of media is fake, so I'm certainly not saying you're wrong; I hate fakes. I just wonder if you have more than a hunch, so I don't like baseless allegations any more than fake people.

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2022, 10:51 AM
Not saying you're wrong, but how do you know it's an act? Seems pretty stereotypical to suggest he couldn't really be a conservative.

Because he used to be a pretty talent writer until "The Undefeated" crashed and burned at ESPN and he got fired. The stuff he wrote in the early 2000s on Page 2 was excellent. With him and Bill Simmons that site was a constant read for me - then Simmons went bigtime with 30 for 30 - and has become unbearable, and Whitlock went Fox/Outkick/The Blaze and has become unreadable.

msstate7
09-16-2022, 10:53 AM
Because he used to be a pretty talent writer until "The Undefeated" crashed and burned at ESPN and he got fired. The stuff he wrote in the early 2000s on Page 2 was excellent. With him and Bill Simmons that site was a constant read for me - then Simmons went bigtime with 30 for 30 - and has become unbearable, and Whitlock went Fox/Outkick/The Blaze and has become unreadable.

Was his writing liberal back then?

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2022, 11:01 AM

ETA... I think half (or more) of media is fake, so I'm certainly not saying you're wrong; I hate fakes. I just wonder if you have more than a hunch, so I don't like baseless allegations any more than fake people.

I'll be the first to admit that its just a guess on my part. Here is my rationale though. I don't see how any free thinking person can have an opinion that would be universally viewed as conservative over every topic if it simply wasn't a bit. Same goes for any liberal.

The world is way too complicated to have a world view that is so uniform. It would be one thing if he had a conservative take on one thing, and a liberal view on another. Anyone on either side of the political spectrum that takes an all or nothing approach to their view on sports is a hack.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2022, 11:07 AM
Cowboys have had great WRs.

Cowboys WRs place No. 2 in PFF position rankings
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/02/cowboys-wide-receivers-place-no-2-in-pff-positional-rankings/

A complete overview of how PFF saw the 2021 Dallas Cowboys and their players
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/a-complete-overview-of-how-pff-saw-the-2021-dallas-cowboys-and-their-players/ar-AAZV0lP

^^^ pFF rated cowboy WRs 2nd entering 2021, and they had them 2nd after 2021

Who? Cooper? LOL He disappears every big game. He'll limp off anytime he's having a bad game. Lamb? He leads the world in drops and can't handle physical play. Their best guy this year is hurt and has been every season. They literally have had the definition of average at WR. They let Daks security blanket go in the off-season. Not one single dynamic WR on that roster.

Matt3467
09-16-2022, 11:10 AM
THIS^^^^
People also forget that when the rest of the team is extremely talented, even a bad to mediocre QB can get you to the Super Bowl (and occasionally even win). Chris Chandler (Falcons), Trent Dilfer (Ravens), Brad Johnson (Bucs), Rich Gannon (Raiders), Jake Delhomme (Panthers), Matt Hasselbeck (Seahawks), Rex Grossman (Bears), Colin Kaepernick

I actually thought Gannon was a good QB but maybe I'm in the minority.

Matt3467
09-16-2022, 11:25 AM

I remember watching ESPN Around the Horn, Pardon the Interruption, and other like shows all the time back in the early to mid 2000's and the topics were always strictly sports related. I remember watching Whitlock often and he never veered political but neither did anyone else. Can't say for sure but I doubt his writing was ever political back then or at least often. Politics has infected everything today and as a result I don't watch ESPN talk shows anymore. So Whitlock getting into politics now doesn't surprise me since everyone does. However his writing back then being politically driven would surprise me.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2022, 11:33 AM
THIS^^^^

Yep, exactly. Even the last super bowl peyton won he was a shell of his former self, couldn't throw the ball downfield at all and everything he threw was within 10 yards of the los. He just happened to have the best defense in the nfl around him.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2022, 11:38 AM

Man i used to love Bill Simmons, read his stuff all the time but then as so many do, he went off the tracks. The Sports Guy stuff he did was awesome.

msstate7
09-16-2022, 11:38 AM
Who? Cooper? LOL He disappears every big game. He'll limp off anytime he's having a bad game. Lamb? He leads the world in drops and can't handle physical play. Their best guy this year is hurt and has been every season. They literally have had the definition of average at WR. They let Daks security blanket go in the off-season. Not one single dynamic WR on that roster.

The cowboys were 2nd in the nfl in receiving yards. PFF rated them as such. Where are your stats that show they suck besides just typing something?

CaptainObvious
09-16-2022, 12:31 PM
The answer for the Cowboys troubles is not a different QB. I don?t think the Top 3 QBs in the league could have success with that roster. But the negative writing is directed more at the salary. Dak is not a $40 million a year QB. But the front office paid him that and he is going to take it to the bank. Who wouldn?t.

But he said before the game he is the healthiest he has been since rookie year. Then he comes out and missed WRs all over the yard. Mind you they weren?t open. But he struggled even before the injury, at one point being 4 for 13.

Cowbell
09-16-2022, 12:31 PM
They do have 2 WRs injured in Washington and gallop. Gallop should be back soon.

Salary cap space does carry over, so now that dak and smith are out a while, I don't see why you go get a wr. Improve your draft spot and carry over salary cap to go in big time for next season. Or go the stupid route, spend money on wr now to where you maybe get to 9 wins and kill your draft position

That's easy to say now but two weeks ago dak and Tyron were both healthy and they still knew they had nobody's at WR

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2022, 12:41 PM

It was strictly sports stories

Cowbell
09-16-2022, 01:06 PM
The cowboys were 2nd in the nfl in receiving yards. PFF rated them as such. Where are your stats that show they suck besides just typing something?

What has cooper done before and since Dallas. Fact is dak has added value to every receiver who has started there . See coop, Gallup, Cedric Wilson (who they should have kept), jarwin, & Schultz

BeardoMSU
09-16-2022, 01:09 PM
What has cooper done before and since Dallas. Fact is dak has added value to every receiver who has started there . See coop, Gallup, Cedric Wilson (who they should have kept), jarwin, & Schultz

Cole Beasley too

Matt3467
09-16-2022, 01:17 PM
Cole Beasley too

Beasley's doing better since he left.

basedog
09-16-2022, 01:34 PM
Why do y'all even read or listen to those "hacks"? It clutters one's thought process, same with national news!

Oh, I almost forgot, asking for a friend*

Commercecomet24
09-16-2022, 01:46 PM
Why do y'all even read or listen to those "hacks"? It clutters one's thought process, same with national news!

Oh, I almost forgot, asking for a friend*

Truth!

Cowbell
09-16-2022, 02:26 PM
Beasley's doing better since he left.

Which explains why he's unemployed currently

Matt3467
09-16-2022, 02:35 PM
Which explains why he's unemployed currently

Lol well I guess I should've said he's done better. He's getting to the point where age is big factor in his position.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2022, 02:53 PM
NM.
Didn't read ahead, lol.

Cowbell
09-16-2022, 07:22 PM
Lol well I guess I should've said he's done better. He's getting to the point where age is big factor in his position.

He was best when dak was his qb

Cooterpoot
09-16-2022, 11:11 PM
Imagine if Jerry's dumb ass had drafted Justin Jefferson instead of Lamb. Lamb is another shitty pick he fell in love with because he's an old fool that sucks as GM.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2022, 12:59 AM
Imagine if Jerry's dumb ass had drafted Justin Jefferson instead of Lamb. Lamb is another shitty pick he fell in love with because he's an old fool that sucks as GM.

Yep, lamb is fast and that's it. Not physical at all and gets shutdown way to easy and will not catch the ball in traffic.

msstate7
09-17-2022, 10:48 AM

Cooper went over 1000 his rookie year and 1100 his 2nd year at Oakland. He's played 1 game after Dallas. Dallas gave up a ton for Cooper. You didn't think this through, did you?

ETA... in 2018, dak had a passer rating over 100 3 times in the first 9 games. In the last 7, he had 5 over 100. What happened in week 10? Oh yeah, they got cooper

Dak is a good qb, but he also had good WRs the last few years. Like 99% of qbs, he will struggle if he doesn't have good WRs just like good WRs struggle without good qbs.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2022, 11:28 AM
And Oakland wanted Cooper gone because they said he didn't play hard. He's a great route runner that refuses to go across the middle or take a hit for a catch. The Raiders said he was soft and not a good locker room guy. Dallas says his effort wasn't always good. He's a low end #1 because of it. He could be a great WR. It's not his ability. But he's all or nothing.
He's not a good locker room guy. He's a very intelligent guy that struggles to fit in. It was said in Oakland and Dallas.
Dallas could've kept him, but chose to let him go. Dallas basically said he half-assed it the playoff game to end the season. Then he complained about targets but was the leading target in the game.

msstate7
09-17-2022, 11:35 AM
And Oakland wanted Cooper gone because they said he didn't play hard. He's a great route runner that refuses to go across the middle or take a hit for a catch. The Raiders said he was soft and not a good locker room guy. He's a low end #1 because of it. He could be a great WR. It's not his ability. But he's all or nothing.
He's not a good locker room guy. He's a very intelligent guy that struggles to fit in. It was said in Oakland and Dallas.
Dallas could've kept him, but chose to let him go.

The saints wanted Gardner-Johnson gone. Giants wanted OBJ gone. Houston wanted watson gone. The list could go on, but the gist is good players aren't wanted sometimes and it isn't bc they aren't good

Bothrops
09-17-2022, 04:10 PM
People forget when Dak had a receiver group. He beat Brady head to head last year but the kicker ****ed it up by missing two fg's, so they lose at TB. So now Dak is trash, even though CeCe couldn't catch Sunday night and there were no receivers stepping up in that weak offensive effort. Dallas is a soft, coddled brand, and only one qb could win a SB there, and it wouldn't be this year.

msstate7
09-22-2022, 09:44 PM
And Oakland wanted Cooper gone because they said he didn't play hard. He's a great route runner that refuses to go across the middle or take a hit for a catch. The Raiders said he was soft and not a good locker room guy. Dallas says his effort wasn't always good. He's a low end #1 because of it. He could be a great WR. It's not his ability. But he's all or nothing.
Dallas could've kept him, but chose to let him go. Dallas basically said he half-assed it the playoff game to end the season. Then he complained about targets but was the leading target in the game.

Cooper back-to-back 100 yds receiving with a td with brissett as qb. Yeah, Cooper sucks

NCMSTFAN
09-23-2022, 12:19 PM
I'm actually tired of seeing and hearing the Dak hate from the media. There's people out there rooting to see Rush take the job over now and Jerry Jones is even trying to brew up a QB competition between the two. To be honest, for Dak's sake, I wouldn't mind seeing him get traded and go flourish somewhere else and throw it in their faces. Dak has been a stand up QB for that organization but the fans and media don't appreciate him.

BeardoMSU
10-26-2022, 10:12 PM
Apropos to this guy "just maybe" being a dipshit...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FgBxUWnWQAM71ux?format=png&name=small

TUSK
10-27-2022, 02:58 PM

Revelations is a cool book and errthing, but I'm more down with Ezekiel... Chapter 20, Verse 29, to be specific....

BeardoMSU
10-27-2022, 04:52 PM
Revelations is a cool book and errthing, but I'm more down with Ezekiel... Chapter 29, Verse 17, to be specific....

FIFY**

https://i.gifer.com/39G.gif

TUSK
10-27-2022, 05:22 PM
FIFY**

https://i.gifer.com/39G.gif

That one is outstanding, as well!

https://scripture-images.us-east-1.linodeobjects.com/images/web/layout_06/Ezekiel-20-29-WEB-Then-I-said-to-them-What-means-the-high-place-I26020029-L06.jpg

dawgday166
10-27-2022, 06:26 PM

He on point with this.

EdwardDrayton
10-28-2022, 09:30 AM
What was Dak’s rookie deal, maybe $3 million for FOUR YEARS!!! He was the cheapest starter in the NFL. Folks can bite my ass over his new contract. Dak DESERVED to get paid that money.

My only wish is that he somehow finds a way out of Dallas to have a legitimate chance to win a Super Bowl. Because it’s become clear there’s no chance in Dallas while the clown family owns them.