PDA

View Full Version : T-bob Hebert on MSU

Leroy Jenkins
09-14-2022, 08:18 PM
Basically said The MSU OLine doesn't pick up stunts, and twists correctly half the time but it doesn't matter because Rogers is so fast with his decisions. He is a big fan of Will.
He actually sounded like he has watched some of our games, and said this MSU team will be a significant step up from anything LSU has seen. Of course, he was probably half drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjlj4khUcMM

HancockCountyDog
09-14-2022, 08:19 PM
I know this will be hard for some to acknowledge, but here we go:

We are simply a better team than LSU this year. We are more experienced, better QB and right now have better talent to fit the schemes we want to run.

It's not really close.

Coach34
09-14-2022, 08:23 PM
Why do we care what the guy from Swamp People said?

Lord McBuckethead
09-14-2022, 08:41 PM
I know this will be hard for some to acknowledge, but here we go:

We are simply a better team than LSU this year. We are more experienced, better QB and right now have better talent to fit the schemes we want to run.

It's not really close.

I hope so. We just need to go and play our game and knock some dicks in the dirt on defense.

Leroy Jenkins
09-14-2022, 08:48 PM
Jacob Hester said "Will is the most talented QB Leach has ever had and he will play in Sundays". I'm not ready to say that just yet but it is funny hearing outsiders being much higher on players than some of us are.

Leroy Jenkins
09-14-2022, 08:49 PM
Why do we care what the guy from Swamp People said?

I'm sorry. I won't let it happen again, boss.

TrapGame
09-14-2022, 09:20 PM
T-Bob is getting the vapors over our offense but thinks very little of our defense. We only got one guy on defense that could go to the league according to him. I believe he could be in for a rude awakening Saturday.

CaptainObvious
09-14-2022, 09:26 PM
T-Bob is getting the vapors over our offense but thinks very little of our defense. We only got one guy on defense that could go to the league according to him. I believe he could be in for a rude awakening Saturday.

This looks like the classic Trap Game before we face a big opponent in Bowling Green. We cannot look past LSU to?. What?s Bowling Green?s nickname again?

Johnson85
09-14-2022, 10:02 PM

I think our defense is good and not sure I agree on numbers, but can see an argument that we are short high end players. Have a lot of good players and no glaring weak links, but still would benefit from a defender, particularly on the DL, that can just wreak havoc.

Cowbell
09-14-2022, 10:30 PM

He didn't even acknowledge Forbes - he's the best defender we have.

WhiskeyPirate
09-14-2022, 10:51 PM
That was pretty interesting.

Danger Will Robinson

LC Dawg
09-15-2022, 12:46 AM
I have to work in Baton Rouge a few times a month and I like T-Bob and Hester and their show. They are obviously LSU homers but they never really just shit on State. They were real complimentary on the baseball championship. And they both hate Ole Miss.
I heard their analysis on the FSU game and they were pretty confident LSU would win. Sounds like they aren't very sure about this weekend's game. T-Bob mentioned not being high on our defense but he specifically mentioned our DL not impressing which is true. I think that's just from him being OL.
Our defense is going to win this game. And I think T-Bob and Hester will be complimentary of the Bulldogs when it happens.

RisperDawg
09-15-2022, 12:56 AM
This looks like the classic Trap Game before we face a big opponent in Bowling Green. We cannot look past LSU to?. What?s Bowling Green?s nickname again?

We're fans. We have the luxury of looking ahead to the Falcons. The team, however, needs to stay focused one game at a time.

Duckdog
09-15-2022, 08:17 AM
Don't worry guys. Growing up in La and graduating from state I always want us to kick the crap out of LSU. Ive never seen State beat LSU in person. I will not be attending this game.

msudawglb
09-15-2022, 09:01 AM
Jacob Hester said "Will is the most talented QB Leach has ever had and he will play in Sundays". I'm not ready to say that just yet but it is funny hearing outsiders being much higher on players than some of us are.

I'm sorry, but Will's mobility and arm strength will not translate to NFL. Just not going to happen. He is accurate and smart, but that's about it.

HancockCountyDog
09-15-2022, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry, but Will's mobility and arm strength will not translate to NFL. Just not going to happen. He is accurate and smart, but that's about it.

That is good news for MSU. Our QB is basically set for the next two seasons. Parsons can RS, and then back up Will and be ready to go his RS sophomore year.

msstate7
09-15-2022, 09:11 AM
That is good news for MSU. Our QB is basically set for the next two seasons. Parsons can RS, and then back up Will and be ready to go his RS sophomore year.

This is why I don't get everyone getting up in arms about will's poor chances are in the nfl. Newsflash: hardly anyone makes it even very good college qbs

Hot Rock
09-15-2022, 09:38 AM

A QB's lack of mobility may mean he has to rely on others making plays but lots of QB's have won over the years without being mobile. Mobility is a bonus but decision making will always be number 1 and then accuracy and then arm strength before mobility is considered. You won't find many guys that have it all like Josh Allen and he is one hit away from going down like Cam Newton and the others before him.

Rogers may be NFL material and we are just too much a State fan to recognize it. I have said the same as you but I am not an NFL scout. I do say, "Being Accurate and smart mean more than mobility and a big arm to everyone except the Raiders in the AL Davis era. Plus, I think you are underrating his arm talent. IT's getting better and better as he ages.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2022, 10:06 AM
Can ESPN radio in Jackson replace Bo Bounds with these two guys?

Santiago
09-15-2022, 10:08 AM
Can ESPN radio in Jackson replace Bo Bounds with these two guys?

Agree! They covered MSU in this video with far more depth than Bo. Bo seems to go out of his way to talk down MSU to appease his sponsors, and to drive up controversy.

TrapGame
09-15-2022, 10:12 AM
Agree! They covered MSU in this video with far more depth than Bo. Bo seems to go out of his way to talk down MSU to appease his sponsors, and to drive up controversy.

He did this morning. Gave us a 30% to win. LSU has too much talent according to him.

99jc
09-15-2022, 10:14 AM
i actually agreed with their assessment of state! As high as i was on the defense i have some reservations but offensively i don't think anyone will stop us completely, we are too diversified. And they were completely correct on having to tackle good against the backs or we will rip them a new one.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2022, 10:24 AM
This is why I don't get everyone getting up in arms about will's poor chances are in the nfl. Newsflash: hardly anyone makes it even very good college qbs

Exactly!

TrapGame
09-15-2022, 10:29 AM
i actually agreed with their assessment of state! As high as i was on the defense i have some reservations but offensively i don't think anyone will stop us completely, we are too diversified. And they were completely correct on having to tackle good against the backs or we will rip them a new one.

The defense came out pumped for Memphis and I think the weather delay took a little of that edge off. They had to settle in with Arizona but once they did they controlled that offense except for our turnovers. I think they will be pretty pumped about this game.

TrapGame
09-15-2022, 10:45 AM
Wow! So I just listened to a LSU podcast and one of the hosts said he has heard the coaches want Daniels to STAY in the pocket more and find receivers. They don't want him scrambling every other play.

If that is true our defense will have a field day.

Cowbell
09-15-2022, 11:17 AM

The debate has never been about his chances in the nfl - the debate is whether he will be drafted or not. And nobody is up in arms (except maybe Bucky). The leading QB in the SEC will get drafted and it's laughable that some people think he won't. Just remember - the cowboys drafted Ben Dinucci.

WhiskeyPirate
09-15-2022, 11:46 AM
I liked their commentary/breakdown. Not biased homers and both really know football.

T Bobs initial reaction was telling. Basically after studying our film “oh shit”

MaroonFlounder
09-15-2022, 11:50 AM
I believe T-Bob's wife is a MSU alum LOL. I hope she is happy around 8:30 Sat night.

Will is awesome leader and very good in this offense....but If Will can't get drafted, then look for Sawyer to transfer. Will's got 2 more years after this one.

Defense can get to the QB, but has a hard time getting him to the ground once they get there. It's frustrating.

O-Line will be SEC tested for the first time. Got my fingers crossed.

TrapGame
09-15-2022, 11:58 AM
https://youtu.be/8kuVtcnKZEI

Aaron Murray disagrees with T-Bob about our defense. Murray really likes Will.

WhiskeyPirate
09-15-2022, 12:17 PM
https://youtu.be/8kuVtcnKZEI

Aaron Murray disagrees with T-Bob about our defense. Murray really likes Will.

Regarding T Bob, if he thinks our D line is a weak point, then we are in pretty good shape. The D line is one of our strong points IMO, both in talent and depth.

Good points though, Wills quick release combined with blocking 5 on 3 really helps the O line out. I think LSU coaches have made some comments that they plan on switching back and forth between 3 and 4 man fronts.

Santiago
09-15-2022, 12:54 PM
T Bob and Cole Cubelic both have pointed out our Dline might be slow on the edges though. Consistent take.

MaroonFlounder
09-15-2022, 05:30 PM
Taking off my maroon glasses, they have a point.

R. Charlton and J. Davis haven't gotten the pressure I expected.

Cowbell
09-15-2022, 06:02 PM
Taking off my maroon glasses, they have a point.

R. Charlton and J. Davis haven't gotten the pressure I expected.

I'm Charlton's defense, he was held nearly every play last week. Maybe the worst holding I've ever seen on one player in one game.