PDA

View Full Version : Bama is looking bad. Jordan Rogers points out Young is the only SEC QB

BlackSailsDawg
09-14-2022, 11:38 AM
https://twitter.com/JRodgers11/status/1569713930846576641?s=20&t=m7lBbFkbR2ooC_1M1ZtITg

msstate7
09-14-2022, 11:58 AM
Flukish if you ask me

BlackSailsDawg
09-14-2022, 12:00 PM
Flukish if you ask me

Really? 2 game fluke.

Catfish
09-14-2022, 12:00 PM
I hope it stays that way all season but i don't expect that stat to last too long.

parabrave
09-14-2022, 12:03 PM
Flukish if you ask me

Not this year. They haven't reloaded at WR or their Oline us weak. Remember the big story of the Utah State game was BY rushed for 100 yds. It should've been BY passes for 600 yds.

BlackSailsDawg
09-14-2022, 12:03 PM
Don't expect that stat to last too long.

I don't expect it to last long. I do expect it to be an issue for them this season.

Catfish
09-14-2022, 12:04 PM
I don't expect it to last long. I do expect it to be an issue for them this season.

I would love that.

PMDawg
09-14-2022, 12:12 PM
I'm sure they'll get it figured out some time around, say mid-October?

PikeDawg15
09-14-2022, 12:15 PM
11-1 instead of 12-0 with a loss in the Sec championship to go 11-2 but still becomes the first 2 loss team to ever make the CFB playoff

I can see either Arkansas or Tennessee upsetting them this year but winning out like last year.

Santiago
09-14-2022, 12:24 PM
After going to this twitter feed, I see just below this one, the other post by Jordan Rodgers the gameday discussion where Tebo is asking him to show him who we will beat. Tebo only seems to recognize what he sees as the top historic teams. Actually the network is that way in that they spend so much time covering 6 teams in the conference.

PikeDawg15
09-14-2022, 12:41 PM
After going to this twitter feed, I see just below this one, the other post by Jordan Rodgers the gameday discussion where Tebo is asking him to show him who we will beat. Tebo only seems to recognize what he sees as the top historic teams. Actually the network is that way in that they spend so much time covering 6 teams in the conference.

SEC network time distribution

60% Alabama
10% Georgia
8% LSU
5% Florida
5% Auburn
5% Texas A&M
2% Ole Miss
1% Mississippi State
1% South Carolina
1% Arkansas
1% Tennessee
1% Kentucky
0% Missouri
0% Vanderbilt

PikeDawg15
09-14-2022, 12:42 PM

Tebow acted like Jordan predicted Southern Miss to win the national title when Jordan said Mississippi State would beat Texas A&M in Starkville

R2Dawg
09-14-2022, 01:28 PM
Tebow acted like Jordan predicted Southern Miss to win the national title when Jordan said Mississippi State would beat Texas A&M in Starkville

Ha, Teebow should remember his career night in DWS.

Also, has Tim looked at the series with MSU and TAMU as well as TAMU repeated over rated performance?

That prediction isn't a stretch at all, we should be favored.

R2Dawg
09-14-2022, 01:34 PM
The Bama WR are similar to what the Cowboys had going other night. BY just doesn't have great options to throw too. Plain and simple. Enjoy the down year, it don't happen much.

PikeDawg15
09-14-2022, 01:41 PM
The Bama WR are similar to what the Cowboys had going other night. BY just doesn't have great options to throw too. Plain and simple. Enjoy the down year, it don't happen much.

Down year as in 11-1?

Bama ain't losing more than 1 game in the regular season this year.

R2Dawg
09-14-2022, 01:48 PM
Down year as in 11-1?

I didn't give a win total but they are down talent wise was my point not record. Monster dropoff at WR and lesser on OL. TX exposed them there.

The SEC is vulnerable this year. If SEC wasn't so iffy Bama would rack up some losses this year. It may balance out now.

confucius say
09-14-2022, 02:56 PM
So Rogers is much better this year than Young on downfield passes.

Maverick91
09-14-2022, 03:15 PM
Them verse arky is going to be really interesting. That?s going to be a top 5 game. Game day will be there. If arky can stay healthy and Jefferson doesn?t get hurt that my be the game that the media will use to say BY is still the heisman or he loses it that game.

msstate7
09-14-2022, 03:37 PM
Really? 2 game fluke.

Yeah.

Put this way - would you bet young finishes bottom 3rd in 15+ yard air completions in sec?

R2Dawg
09-14-2022, 06:23 PM
So Rogers is much better this year than Young on downfield passes.

Yes but nothing is wrong with Bama - this is the best team Saban has ever had. That is what people keep telling us.

Will the dink and dunk guy out throwing heisman winner. Nothing to see here guys, move along.

Dawgfan77
09-14-2022, 06:42 PM
Really? 2 game fluke.

They have played Utah state and Texas...

HancockCountyDog
09-14-2022, 07:34 PM

A&M will be lucky to go 7-5.

The wheels are coming off in 10 days when Arkansas goes full Sam Pittman on them.

msudawglb
09-15-2022, 12:21 PM

I agree with this and was just about to post it. Also, the Bama OL isn't up to their standards. Take a QB, that had all day last year to one that's getting some pressure, and you get a QB that is letting it go quicker....to WR's who are not as open.

Goldendawg
09-15-2022, 12:27 PM
I agree with this and was just about to post it. Also, the Bama OL isn't up to their standards. Take a QB, that had all day last year to one that's getting some pressure, and you get a QB that is letting it go quicker....to WR's who are not as open.

Jimbo ha$ out recruited them the last two years, but will not coach them to victories, as reason Sabin pitched his fits over the summer. bama will still make playoffs. Just who do you see beating them two times to prevent this?

msudawglb
09-15-2022, 12:29 PM
Jimbo ha$ out recruited them the last two years, but will not coach them to victories, as reason Sabin pitched his fits over the summer. bama will still make playoffs. Just who do you see beating them two times to prevent this?

You quoted me....but when did I talk about how many games they would lose? I was replying towards the original post of Young not having long completions.

PikeDawg15
09-15-2022, 12:35 PM

I think Bama can lose 1 regular season game this season

@ Arkansas
@ Tennessee

Then they can lose to Georgia in the SEC title game by less than 10 but I think they would then become the first 2 loss team in the CFB playoff

Auburn should've became the first 2 loss team during 2017 but they choked in the SEC title game against Georgia to get the 3rd Loss.

I think there will be so many 1 loss teams come December that this CFB playoff will be the hardest to pick the 4 teams that it has ever been.

PikeDawg15
09-15-2022, 12:38 PM
I think Bama can lose 1 regular season game this season

@ Arkansas
@ Tennessee

Then they can lose to Georgia in the SEC title game by less than 10 but I think they would then become the first 2 loss team in the CFB playoff

Auburn should've became the first 2 loss team during 2017 but they choked in the SEC title game against Georgia to get the 3rd Loss.

I think there will be so many 1 loss teams come December that this CFB playoff will be the hardest to pick the 4 teams that it has ever been.

a trend that I've seen with bama teams is that the team that is the popular team to upset them , never does and it ends up in a blowout

Such as 2021 Ole Miss
but then then they get upset by the 2nd or 3rd best team on their schedule such as Texas a&m last year

Thats why I think Tennessee finally gets it done in Knoxville this year. Tennessee can score on the ground and in the air. I don't trust Arkansas to win through the air. And Arkansas is hyping themselves up like ole miss did last year.

State has beat Alabama since Tennessee last did

State's last win was 2007
Tennessee's was 2006

Goldendawg
09-15-2022, 01:29 PM
You quoted me....but when did I talk about how many games they would lose? I was replying towards the original post of Young not having long completions.

My bad. Not trying to start argument. Just thought OL & WR weaker than usual implied more possible losses than years past. Hail State!

RocketDawg
09-16-2022, 07:29 PM
Down year as in 11-1?

12-0 is probably more likely than 11-1.

TUSK
09-16-2022, 09:21 PM

Bryce Young got murdered last year, buddy. I'd be shocked if he got sacked more this year.

But, you're right about the OL being suspect. Hopefully, when the get one of their better WRs back from injury, that'll help him get rid of the ball more quickly...

Vandownbytheriver
09-17-2022, 11:55 AM
I've never understood how all these all world Bama QBs haven't done anything in the pros, yet every time a new one pops up he's all world. They are all product of the Saban system. Run the ball and have freak athletes at wr. They are all game managers. I had a guy last week tell me Bryce was the next Drew Brees. I'm not sure what he's seeing I'm not.

msstate7
09-17-2022, 11:58 AM
I've never understood how all these all world Bama QBs haven't done anything in the pros, yet every time a new one pops up he's all world. They are all product of the Saban system. Run the ball and have freak athletes at wr. They are all game managers. I had a guy last week tell me Bryce was the next Drew Brees. I'm not sure what he's seeing I'm not.
Maybe they aren't difference makers, but the last 3 bama qbs are starting qbs in the nfl. There's only 32, so that' s unbelievably impressive

Vandownbytheriver
09-17-2022, 12:00 PM
Maybe they aren't difference makers, but the last 3 bama qbs are starting qbs in the nfl. There's only 32, so that' s unbelievably impressive

Jalen is considered an OU alum. They have 3 in the NFC alone and everyone blames the system at OU. None of the Bama QBs have done anything of any merit at the pro level. If they had any other pedigree they wouldn't be starting.

msstate7
09-17-2022, 12:02 PM
Jalen is considered an OU alum. They have 3 in the NFC alone and everyone blames the system at OU. None of the Bama QBs have done anything of any merit at the pro level. If they had any other pedigree they wouldn't be starting.

Anyway you wanna slice it, the last 3 starting qbs at bama are starting in the nfl. Young will make it 4. 4 of 32 - that's impressive

Vandownbytheriver
09-17-2022, 12:09 PM
Anyway you wanna slice it, the last 3 starting qbs at bama are starting in the nfl. Young will make it 4. 4 of 32 - that's impressive

Win a playoff game and then it's impressive. Right now they are all place holders. Most of the starters in todays game are from teams where they didn't have all world teams around them. Bama QBs are surrounded by the best of the best and once they get equal talent playing around them they struggle. Will would look all world in the Bama system. Corral would've been a top 10 pick at Bama.

R2Dawg
09-17-2022, 12:24 PM
Win a playoff game and then it's impressive. Right now they are all place holders. Most of the starters in todays game are from teams where they didn't have all world teams around them. Bama QBs are surrounded by the best of the best and once they get equal talent playing around them they struggle. Will would look all world in the Bama system. Corral would've been a top 10 pick at Bama.

I tend to agree with you. Just like any Bama player they are good but get several marks better just because they are Bama. Been going on for years.

Bama been getting the Heisman past 10years just because they play at Bama. Ingram, good college back but not Heisman worthy.

TUSK
09-17-2022, 01:16 PM
Wow.