PDA

View Full Version : "More Than a Handshake" Nice article out

BlackSailsDawg
09-14-2022, 09:48 AM
https://hailstate.com/news/2022/9/13/football-more-than-a-handshake-coleman.aspx

https://d11hqkyfmkvgtx.cloudfront.net/images/2022/9/13/20220903_FB_vs_Memphis_Leach_Walley11_KS_2678.jpg? width=942&quality=80&format=jpg

"I think that's just his way of saying, 'Come on guys. We need you,'' linebacker Nathaniel Watson said. "He shakes everybody's hands. It helps to get the whole locker room together as one."

"It's like a handshake, and he'll say things like, 'Let's go Bookie. Let's have a good game,'" Watson shared. "It's just quick words, but it really means a lot to us all."

TrapGame
09-14-2022, 10:06 AM
C'mon man, he's just here drawing a check. He don't care.***********

PikeDawg15
09-14-2022, 10:09 AM
C'mon man, he's just here drawing a check. He don't care.***********

Leach knows this is his best shot to win since 2008

LSU isn't dominate , auburn is not good, texas a&m is not good, ole miss is having QB issues, Arkansas is beatable, and bama isn't as unbeatable as once thought.

It just sucks we have Georgia from the East for the 3rd time since 2017.

SO much would change if we swapped Georgia for missouri

gtowndawg
09-14-2022, 01:16 PM
Good time to link to this beauty in case anyone missed it or forgot: https://theathletic.com/1138379/2019/08/15/what-the-is-going-on-right-now-inside-mike-leachs-qb-meetings/

R2Dawg
09-14-2022, 01:40 PM
Nice.

You gotta find some way to connect, looks like he has.

Catfish
09-14-2022, 02:09 PM
Nice.

You gotta find some way to connect, looks like he has.

Good post, Leach doesn't show that connection to players with his press conferences and personality but he has their back and they know.

TrapGame
09-14-2022, 02:40 PM
Mike Leach is an elite coach and we are damn lucky to have him.

Catfish
09-14-2022, 04:02 PM

Agreed

Maverick91
09-14-2022, 06:07 PM
Leach is great and State is great and we will both help each other reach great heights!

Seriously though. Can anyone speak to why leach sounds like he has a hair ball in his throat this week? Is he like a chain smoker? This seem new.

preachermatt83
09-14-2022, 09:51 PM

FACTS

Irondawg
09-14-2022, 10:13 PM
Leach is great and State is great and we will both help each other reach great heights!

Seriously though. Can anyone speak to why leach sounds like he has a hair ball in his throat this week? Is he like a chain smoker? This seem new.

It's actually better this year than it was last year. He's got something going on that nobody mentions as he's had to clear his throat or cough every 30 seconds for a few years now and that's not normal.

Goldendawg
09-14-2022, 10:33 PM
Leach knows this is his best shot to win since 2008

LSU isn't dominate , auburn is not good, texas a&m is not good, ole miss is having QB issues, Arkansas is beatable, and bama isn't as unbeatable as once thought.

It just sucks we have Georgia from the East for the 3rd time since 2017.

SO much would change if we swapped Georgia for missouri

How in the world does this schedule work? Three times since 2017? How many times for MO, Vandy, SC, FL, TN in the same period?

Goldendawg
09-14-2022, 10:43 PM
My favorite Coach is still Jackie. If Coach Leach can get us to Atlanta (and perhaps beyond), he will easily join the club. Hail State!

ilovetheoption
09-14-2022, 11:10 PM
LOL, I noticed that after Rogers' first TD pass to Williams this week, their touchdown celebration was to walk up to each other and shake hands like gentlemen :) Turns out they got it from Leach.

RisperDawg
09-15-2022, 12:53 AM
How in the world does this schedule work? Three times since 2017? How many times for MO, Vandy, SC, FL, TN in the same period?

It's garbage. 2020 was an aberration that has no bearing on future schedules. They had to "emergently" rework the schedule to a truncated SEC only setup due to COVID. Surprise! They sent us to Athens, even though we'd been there more recently than they'd been to Starkville. Not to mention the obvious - Georgia is the worst draw you could get from the east.

BrunswickDawg
09-15-2022, 08:43 AM
It's actually better this year than it was last year. He's got something going on that nobody mentions as he's had to clear his throat or cough every 30 seconds for a few years now and that's not normal.

I am just coming out of having a similar issue. I starting having voice issues in late 2019 that went away in early 2020. After I had my week in the COVID ward in Oct. '20, it came back. Same things you see from Leach - hoarse, having to clear my throat or coughing alot, etc. My Dr. thought is was related to reduced lung capacity from COVID. After a few months, they then thought it was possibly allergy related and I went on nasal sprays and antihistamines and musinex. By spring this year, I was hoarse as hell, could not project my voice at all, and it was impacting my work. Doc finally sent me to an ENT, and I had non-cancerous polyps on my larynx. Got them lasered off July 1, and my voice is just now almost normal. It's been a real bitch. The lengthy recovery and the need for speech therapy to basically re-train my larynx was surprising.