PDA

View Full Version : Not too early forecast: Bear s**** in the woods edition

TheRef
11-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Okay...so as those of us that are living in MS know it's kinda cold and blah here today. It will remain that way for the rest of today and tomorrow. Wednesday morning presents a challenge in that it could snow, but won't stick, early in the morning. Then precip chances drop dramatically. Thursday is a clear day, but temperatures will be much lower than they were for any of our previous games. It's certainly not out of the question for this to be the coldest game for us this season. There is some talk of this being one of the Top-10 coldest games in Egg Bowl history. Not 2000 level where some people had ice accumulation on their hats/jackets, but enough to make it fairly uncomfortable for those watching. I'd say around 38 for kickoff and dropping to around 35 by the end of the game. Light winds (3 mph) from the North is most likely with this so our kickers won't be having a Arkansas game problem with the wind.

So if you're going to the game, break out the winter coats and headgear because you're going to need them. Oh...and the Junction may be a bit sloppy from a couple of inches of rain. I'll update this in more detail either tomorrow or Wednesday so stay on the lookout for the official gameday forecast.

My name is TheRef and I approve this forecast.

msstate7
11-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Really wish it would change to down pour Thursday night with extreme wind.

RC3
11-25-2013, 09:34 AM
i think the cold will have more affect on their finess type passes/screens etc than it should on us. we need to line up and hit them in their mouth, hard and repeatedly. cold weather is great for that

msu4ever
11-25-2013, 09:38 AM
"hit em in the mouth early" sounds like a plan....seems I have heard that before. I know our group will be there to cheer em on...Go Dawgs,,,,,,

EAVdog
11-25-2013, 09:39 AM
i think the cold will have more affect on their finess type passes/screens etc than it should on us. we need to line up and hit them in their mouth, hard and repeatedly. cold weather is great for that

Sounds like an environment made for power running football. Damien and JRob gonna rush for over a hundy each.

RC3
11-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Sounds like an environment made for power running football. Damien and JRob gonna rush for over a hundy each.

exactly my thoughts. run it until they can stop it. i don't think they can and then hit them with the play action

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 10:02 AM
REF,

Please address this controversy. It appears that another experienced meteorologist has a conflicting opinion:

Scott Stricklin ‏@stricklinMSU 1h
It's chilly this week, but things will heat up Thu. night in @mscollegetown. Limited number of #EggBowl tix remain. #Fight4MSU #HailState

TheRef
11-25-2013, 10:17 AM
REF,

Please address this controversy. It appears that another experienced meteorologist has a conflicting opinion:

Scott Stricklin ‏@stricklinMSU 1h
It's chilly this week, but things will heat up Thu. night in @mscollegetown. Limited number of #EggBowl tix remain. #Fight4MSU #HailState

Haha...I don't believe Mr. Stricklin is talking about the weather temperature heating up.

slickdawg
11-25-2013, 10:33 AM
34 and raining a my house, this is effin awesome.

TheRef
11-25-2013, 10:35 AM
34 and raining a my house, this is effin awesome.

FOOTBALL WEATHER!!!!!