PDA

View Full Version : ESPN CFP Predictor

BigEasyDawg
09-13-2022, 08:59 AM
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/cfbplayoffpredictor/cfb-playoff-predictor

This is pretty cool.

It has us as one of the 15 teams with the highest chances of making the playoff and you can click on us and run through different scenarios for the season.

The remaining schedules gives State the following win chance:

Lsu- 43%
BG- 99%
A&M- 76%
Ark- 68%
UK- 53%
bama- 12%
AU- 82%
UGA- 26%
ETSU- 99%
bearsharks- 47%

WhiskeyPirate
09-13-2022, 09:01 AM
Looks about right except for the last game.

LSU has the #8 most talented roster in college football and is playing at home.

Lord McBuckethead
09-13-2022, 09:30 AM
Ark is going to be more difficult than LSU. Ark scares me with their balanced attack.

TrapGame
09-13-2022, 09:36 AM
Ark is going to be more difficult than LSU. Ark scares me with their balanced attack.

Arkansas hasn't played anybody yet. Cincy ain't Cincy anymore. The Fighting Shane Beamers are a few years away from competing with any team in the West. That Vandy/USC game will be a brawl. We beat the shit outta Memphis and Arizona. But, we are going to see how good we really are this Saturday.

Coach34
09-13-2022, 10:22 AM

UPig is 129th out of 131 D-1 teams in Pass D. They arent beating us at home

Commercecomet24
09-13-2022, 10:23 AM

Yeah their secondary sucks and not much pass rush either.

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 10:40 AM
Arkansas hasn't played anybody yet. Cincy ain't Cincy anymore. The Fighting Shane Beamers are a few years away from competing with any team in the West. That Vandy/USC game will be a brawl. We beat the shit outta Memphis and Arizona. But, we are going to see how good we really are this Saturday.

I think USC is on par with AZ. Cincy who knows, ain't what they used to be and Ark played at home with USC. We in good shape right now.

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 10:40 AM

Feasting on hog that day - I'll be there.

WPS
09-13-2022, 11:03 AM

Cincinnati was much more impressive to me than South Carolina was IMO. Still not sure how good either team is but also wouldn't surprise me if Cincy goes undefeated the rest of the way either.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2022, 11:05 AM

What passing game they have is because they have been able to run the ball on their opponents. Our defense is going to make it tough on Arkansas. We beat them last year. The refs took that game from us. We are better this year and playing at home. I don't think they are as good because of the loss Burks and they are playing on the road. Obviously just my opinion.

Santiago
09-13-2022, 12:11 PM
Cincinnati was much more impressive to me than South Carolina was IMO. Still not sure how good either team is but also wouldn't surprise me if Cincy goes undefeated the rest of the way either.

South Carolina struggled to score offensively in their first week, against a really weak opponent. Had to have a couple of special teams or defensive scores to win....so yeah Cincy is much better so far this season.
Cincy had guys open against Arkansas several times and did not hit them. That is the difference, IMO, this season with Cincy compared to last year. They will miss that previous QB. He would hit those plays.

parabrave
09-13-2022, 12:26 PM
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/cfbplayoffpredictor/cfb-playoff-predictor

This is pretty cool.

It has us as one of the 15 teams with the highest chances of making the playoff and you can click on us and run through different scenarios for the season.

The remaining schedules gives State the following win chance:

Lsu- 43%
BG- 99%
A&M- 76%
Ark- 68%
UK- 53%
bama- 12%
AU- 82%
UGA- 26%
ETSU- 99%
bearsharks- 47%

I would switch UGA and Bama. Contain Young and you win.

PikeDawg15
09-13-2022, 12:39 PM
I would switch UGA and Bama. Contain Young and you win.

THat is a lot easier said than done. In tuscaloosa also with our inability to get to the QB

I really believe in this team we have but we will know who this team is Saturday night.

Coach34
09-13-2022, 01:06 PM
Whatever the point spread is against Bama- take Bama.

PGHBulldogBG
09-13-2022, 01:28 PM
I will never take us on the spread vs Bama. Have we ever beat it with Saban outside 2007 and maybe 2017? We usually get completely blown out. 2014 I think Bama was favored but only by a couple. I think 2017 was the last game we have even been competitive with them.

I think we beat Arkansas because we are a bad match up for their defense, but I think Arkansas will only lose to Bama, State and 50/50 at BYU. Even though their non conference schedule is much harder than ours, they get Mizzou and USCe while we get UGA and UK.

Texas A&M will beat Miami and then lose 3 in a row. I really think they go 6-6 now because I see both Ole Miss and LSU along with State, Bama and Ark beating them

We will have no idea how Ole Miss is until UK plays them. I forgot how easy their September schedule is. They should be able to sleep walk at least to a 6-1 start minus UK.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2022, 01:36 PM
Arky is a solid team, but, as C34 said, 129th in pass defense & KJ Jefferson has 37 carries through 2 games. QBs that run that much end up getting gimpy at some point.

BlackSailsDawg
09-13-2022, 02:06 PM
Yep.. Big Cam is having to carry that team!

WPS
09-13-2022, 02:20 PM
Arky is a solid team, but, as C34 said, 129th in pass defense & KJ Jefferson has 37 carries through 2 games. QBs that run that much end up getting gimpy at some point.

It's weird, Arkansas also currently leads the SEC in sacks which you don't normally see from a team ranked that low in pass defense. There have been several injuries in the secondary but it seems the safeties are mostly run-support guys because they can't cover at all.

parabrave
09-13-2022, 02:41 PM
Whatever the point spread is against Bama- take Bama.

This year I'll take us. I did notice Longhorn Receivers running free most of the day. I also noticed Bama DBs mugging the crap out of those same receivers all day. Ducking and RaRa are bad matches for them/ So to beat the spread we meed Our Oline to have their best game ever and for WR to watch the Longest Yard to learn how to beat dirty refs. But 34 I will take odds on who the refs are for that game.

TrapGame
09-13-2022, 02:47 PM
This year I'll take us. I did notice Longhorn Receivers running free most of the day. I also noticed Bama DBs mugging the crap out of those same receivers all day. Ducking and RaRa are bad matches for them/ So to beat the spread we meed Our Oline to have their best game ever and for WR to watch the Longest Yard to learn how to beat dirty refs. But 34 I will take odds on who the refs are for that game.

You can go ahead and write it down that Tyrus Wheat gets a phantom roughing the passer call in the 4th quarter if we are within a TD of them.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2022, 03:18 PM
It's weird, Arkansas also currently leads the SEC in sacks which you don't normally see from a team ranked that low in pass defense. There have been several injuries in the secondary but it seems the safeties are mostly run-support guys because they can't cover at all.

That or you're blitzing & it's boom or bust

Maverick91
09-13-2022, 05:22 PM
I?m calling it. A&M will limp onto Scott field 1-3. Tell me I?m wrong?

parabrave
09-13-2022, 05:51 PM
You can go ahead and write it down that Tyrus Wheat gets a phantom roughing the passer call in the 4th quarter if we are within a TD of them.

Of Course. And one of our OTs will get a holding call to kill a drive.

Coach34
09-13-2022, 06:13 PM
Bama will beat us 25-30 in T-Town. This past Sat was an aberration

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2022, 07:10 PM

Agree because we play like intimidated 12 year olds vs them.

That said, I don?t think Bama is as talented at WR and RB as they?ve been in last years. I think they?ll have to work harder this year to win.

WhiskeyPirate
09-13-2022, 07:32 PM
Agree because we play like intimidated 12 year olds vs them.

That said, I don?t think Bama is as talented at WR and RB as they?ve been in last years. I think they?ll have to work harder this year to win.

It depends what kind of team we are when we play them. If we have really come together and played well in almost every game, we can give them a tough game IMO. If we have lapses, slow starts, poor discipline, lose winnable games.....then yea it’s probably the usual result.

Texas isn’t a better team than we are.

Catfish
09-13-2022, 07:44 PM
It depends what kind of team we are when we play them. If we have really come together and played well in almost every game, we can give them a tough game IMO. If we have lapses, slow starts, poor discipline, lose winnable games.....then yea it’s probably the usual result.

Texas isn’t a better team than we are.

Yeah they pushed our receivers out of their routes last year. Got into their heads and made it a long day. We've got to go in there and push back. I think its going to be a good game.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2022, 08:22 PM
Speaking of KJ Jefferson, it would?ve been fun to see him as our QB for 3 years if Mullen had stayed.

He obviously would?ve been our guy.

Todd4State
09-14-2022, 12:47 AM
Speaking of KJ Jefferson, it would?ve been fun to see him as our QB for 3 years if Mullen had stayed.

He obviously would?ve been our guy.

Except Dan didn't recruit him when he had the opportunity to do so.

Tater
09-14-2022, 01:25 AM
I?m calling it. A&M will limp onto Scott field 1-3. Tell me I?m wrong?

I've already called 1-5 and struggle to not say 1-8. A&M U8.5 wins felt like the easiest bet of the year with their schedule.

Quaoarsking
09-14-2022, 07:58 AM

If we only lose by 5 in Tuscaloosa, we have a great shot to make the playoff.

TUSK
09-15-2022, 01:02 AM

ISWYDT

Goldendawg
09-15-2022, 12:10 PM

I think he means we will lose by 25 to 30, not by 5.

PikeDawg15
09-15-2022, 12:22 PM
I've already called 1-5 and struggle to not say 1-8. A&M U8.5 wins felt like the easiest bet of the year with their schedule.

If that happens , Jimbo is gonna be a very rich man that never works again in his life and Mr. Joey Freshwater will be getting a pair of cowboy boots and 100 Million Dollars

PikeDawg15
09-15-2022, 12:25 PM
If that happens , Jimbo is gonna be a very rich man that never works again in his life and Mr. Joey Freshwater will be getting a pair of cowboy boots and 100 Million Dollars

Because I think Lane Kiffin is the most likely to fill that job when jimbo gets fired eventually, Lane fits in more with texas than with A&M but a lot of things just line up right and I think Texas has it going with Sark and A&M sees that and is going to want to counter with Kiffin.

A&M is the best job in the country if you want a shot to win a national title with top 5 recruiting classes and also you will be given 4-5 years to figure it out, unlike a place like LSU where jimbo would've been fired halfway through season 2

Catfish
09-15-2022, 01:35 PM
Because I think Lane Kiffin is the most likely to fill that job when jimbo gets fired eventually, Lane fits in more with texas than with A&M but a lot of things just line up right and I think Texas has it going with Sark and A&M sees that and is going to want to counter with Kiffin.

A&M is the best job in the country if you want a shot to win a national title with top 5 recruiting classes and also you will be given 4-5 years to figure it out, unlike a place like LSU where jimbo would've been fired halfway through season 2

We might be saying this same thing about Brian Kelly and LSU. I just don't think he is going to fit there.

PGHBulldogBG
09-15-2022, 01:38 PM
We might be saying this same thing about Brian Kelly and LSU. I just don't think he is going to fit there.

Exactly. Sometimes you can be a good coach but a bad fit at a certain school. Harsin is a prime example. Great coach at Boise but not at Auburn. Harsin probably would be in his first year as the Washington Huskies head coach if he had just stayed at Boise one more year. He would do great there but not good at Auburn

Matt3467
09-15-2022, 01:46 PM
Bama is the only team that State plays where I never think we have a chance. Even going into the game in 2014 as the #1 team in the nation I didn't think we'd win and the score late is the only reason it looked close. For some reason other teams can beat them occasionally but State just takes a beating everytime.

Goldendawg
09-15-2022, 01:58 PM
Bama is the only team that State plays where I never think we have a chance. Even going into the game in 2014 as the #1 team in the nation I didn't think we'd win and the score late is the only reason it looked close. For some reason other teams can beat them occasionally but State just takes a beating everytime.

I feel and felt the same way in 2014. Also didn't help when Dan drew up as usual in that game and then went on his annual job search immediately afterward and left us unprepared for OM game. A #1 ranked season that ended with a dud.

Coach34
09-15-2022, 02:10 PM
Lame is going to be Mississippi's Dan Mullen. Constantly rumored for jobs but ends up staying there 8-9 years because blue bloods are reluctant to hire him

Goldendawg
09-15-2022, 02:28 PM
Lame is going to be Mississippi's Dan Mullen. Constantly rumored for jobs but ends up staying there 8-9 years because blue bloods are reluctant to hire him

But, but, Mississippi is a "baby blue" blood aren't they?

TUSK
09-16-2022, 12:06 AM

he'll get a good job. bet.

Pancho
09-16-2022, 06:15 AM
No doubt and he already knows the potential institutions too. He's simply waiting for the position to be vacant.

Dawgfan77
09-16-2022, 06:52 AM

Possibly but word is he's instructed sexton to get him out. He went portal heavy to win now and keep his stock high.
Bold strategy...

FISHDAWG
09-16-2022, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1446816]Agree because we play like intimidated 12 year olds vs them.

That said, I don?t think Bama is as talented at WR and RB as they?ve been in last years. I think they?ll have to work harder this year to win.[/QUOTE

Agreed.... what makes me nervous tho is their linebackers

Coach34
09-16-2022, 12:22 PM
Possibly but word is he's instructed sexton to get him out. He went portal heavy to win now and keep his stock high.
Bold strategy...

Auburn is the only big job that will open over the next couple of years. Not many places for him to go.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2022, 12:26 PM
Auburn is the only big job that will open over the next couple of years. Not many places for him to go.

You think he'd go to Auburn if offered?

A Pinebox Part Deux would probably make their heads explode.

Matt3467
09-16-2022, 01:10 PM

Ehh I bet Jimbo is looking for a job within that time if he stays the course.

Edit: A&M isn't going to accept "mediocrity" with the money investment there.

Cowbell
09-16-2022, 01:10 PM

He has two more years there tops

Quaoarsking
09-16-2022, 04:40 PM

There's no way to possibly know this. Would you have expected Oklahoma to come open this past year?

People leave jobs, people have scandals, and sometimes people just start being bad.

was21
09-16-2022, 06:51 PM
Will be Alabammy...whammy

Coach34
09-16-2022, 08:40 PM
He has two more years there tops

He makes alot of money there. It's going to take a Big Dawg wanting him for him to leave. I dont see that happening anytime soon outside of a desperate ho like Auburn. A&M may come open and pay Jimbo $50MM to leave but that doesnt mean they would even consider Lame. Alot of Big Dawgs wont even consider him.

PikeDawg15
09-16-2022, 08:54 PM
You think he'd go to Auburn if offered?

A Pinebox Part Deux would probably make their heads explode.

I had thought to myself that Texas A&M or Florida state would be the best options for Lane but Brandon walker said he will bet money Lane kiffin is the head coach of auburn before December

PikeDawg15
09-16-2022, 08:56 PM
He makes alot of money there. It's going to take a Big Dawg wanting him for him to leave. I dont see that happening anytime soon outside of a desperate ho like Auburn. A&M may come open and pay Jimbo $50MM to leave but that doesnt mean they would even consider Lame. Alot of Big Dawgs wont even consider him.
Who would be a bigger name for A&M to get than Lane though, Lane?s former DC is already there and the defense isn?t the problem . If lane can come there and get ahold to 5 star QB?s and WR?s he would have a field day I think ( Atleast compared to DUMBO)

PikeDawg15
09-16-2022, 09:07 PM
There's no way to possibly know this. Would you have expected Oklahoma to come open this past year?

People leave jobs, people have scandals, and sometimes people just start being bad.

I?ll name a few jobs that I think will be open within the next 2 years . Some sooner than others.

Auburn
Penn state
Florida state
Texas A&M
North Carolina
Notre Dame

That?s just based on the teams performance and expectations not being met . Not including random scandals or retirements.

Lane would consider
Auburn
Florida state
Texas A&M

I personally think he would be stupid to take auburn because yes he can get top 15 talent instantly but having to play and be expected to beat Alabama and Georgia every single year is so so so tough.

I think the job he should be shooting for is Florida state if Norvell doesn?t win 8 games this season. Lane loves Florida , leaving the SEC to play in the ACC but still having that top 15 consistent recruiter and being a blue blood program . A good coach could have Florida state back at late 90?s level within 2 - 3 seasons .

Lots of people are expecting him to go to auburn . He may just see that as a chance to be a pain in saban?s ass

Coach34
09-16-2022, 09:31 PM
Lame would go to Auburn. We’ll see if they want him

A&M is willing to pay $8-9MM per season. Other than Saban- everybody is a candidate

BeardoMSU
09-16-2022, 09:33 PM
Lame would go to Auburn. We’ll see if they want him

A&M is willing to pay $8-9MM per season. Other than Saban- everybody is a candidate

I can obviously still see schools wanting him, but how many wins will he need this year to warrant interest? Or will it not matter?

I don't care if they win 7 or 8 as long as we win more, and one of their losses is to us.

I definitely want him gone, tho.

Coach34
09-16-2022, 09:58 PM
I can obviously still see schools wanting him, but how many wins will he need this year to warrant interest? Or will it not matter?

I don't care if they win 7 or 8 as long as we win more, and one of their losses is to us.

I think it would take another 9 win season to get serious interest from Blue Bloods not named Auburn. They don’t have the QB to do that. They look like a team that will be 6-6 to 8-4

PikeDawg15
09-16-2022, 10:19 PM

I think that auburn won?t be a highly sought after job compared to others because of expectations and the boosters and everything . I really do think auburn is Hugh?s Job.

I see A&M getting kiffin when this season goes south .

WhiskeyPirate
09-16-2022, 11:25 PM
I think that auburn won?t be a highly sought after job compared to others because of expectations and the boosters and everything . I really do think auburn is Hugh?s Job.

Auburn is a horrible job right now. You get canned if you don’t win right away, no real chance to rebuild.

Lane is a fraud IMO. He will sacrifice the future to win right now, so he can advance his career. He is basically strip mining a program for personal benefit. It’s going to catch up to him.

Dawgfan77
09-17-2022, 07:08 AM

Hugh will never coach again in this conference as long as Sankey is the commissioner

Quaoarsking
09-17-2022, 08:28 AM
Hugh will never coach again in this conference as long as Sankey is the commissioner

When Auburn tells them it's Art Briles if it can't be Freeze, he'll relent.

Dawgfan77
09-17-2022, 12:44 PM
When Auburn tells them it's Art Briles if it can't be Freeze, he'll relent.

If Saban couldn't hire him as an OC then no one's gonna hire him.
Their are things that never made public and it's best to leave Freeze at a place like liberty

TUSK
09-17-2022, 02:11 PM
If Saban couldn't hire him as an OC then no one's gonna hire him.
There are things that never made public and it's best to leave Freeze at a place like liberty

I've often wondered (out of sick curiousity) what these "things" were.

Is it the scuttlebutt (pun intended) at Briarcrest HS? Other stuff while at UM?

I love a good conspiracy/rumor when it's SEC football related.

FISHDAWG
09-17-2022, 03:07 PM
Whenever there could be a possibility of someone "coming forward " years later - while in your employee.... and you were the guy that hired him... No AD would want that one on his resume.... I know if I was an AD - I wouldn't dare take that chance.
If he gets hired again it will be some school where the Boosters run the show under a Lame Duck AD ..... So Auburn could Ba possibility