PDA

View Full Version : Top 25

Maverick91
09-12-2022, 12:02 PM
I understand that the only poll that matters is coming out in a few weeks.

That being said, the AP and coaches poll does matter. We are a top 25 team. Name one team outside of the top 5 that we couldn?t or wouldn?t beat?

It is complete disrespect by the media.

We as state fans have got to stop being happy with the underdog mentality, underdogs never take over. I always hated when Mullen called us a developmental program, we can be one but don?t put that out there to the media, it?s the nice way of saying you are the little kid on the block and you are just happy to be there. Make the media believe you believe you are the best thing since they figured out putting butter on a steak is the best combo. Make the media look you in your eyes and tell you you aren?t the best, because they won?t and they will write what the coaches say.

I wish we were ranked now. We should be between 15-20 right now. I think that?s respectful. But no, we are hovering around 30ish.

If Nebraska had had our start to this year they would be ranked and talked about possibly being back.

We have to demand more!

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-12-2022, 12:25 PM

That being said, the AP and coaches poll does matter. We are a top 25 team. Name one team outside of the top 5 that we couldn?t or wouldn?t beat?

We as state fans have got to stop being happy with the underdog mentality, underdogs never take over. I always hated when Mullen called us a developmental program, we can be one but don?t put that out there to the media, it?s the nice way of saying you are the little kid on the block and you are just happy to be there. Make the media believe you believe you are the best thing since they figured out putting butter on a steak is the best combo. Make the media look you in your eyes and tell you you aren?t the best, because they won?t and they will write what the coaches say.

I wish we were ranked now. We should be between 15-20 right now. I think that?s respectful. But no, we are hovering around 30ish.

If Nebraska had had our start to this year they would be ranked and talked about possibly being back.

We have to demand more!

I am guessing Leach and the coaches love it. Has to make motivation an easier task.

PikeDawg15
09-12-2022, 12:32 PM
there are a few things that kill Mississippi state

1. We have the most pessimistic fans in the entire SEC. We never talk shit. we never claim to be good like ole miss and others. We just back down to others and like " yeah we might lose that game"

2. Our football history being horrible for the most part before Dan Mullen and Jackie sherrill

3. The medias love for lane kiffins dick and so now ole miss is viewed as bigger than us

I feel like everyone's opinions will change for the good or the bad after Saturday. This LSU game is massive and I think our team has been looking forward to it for awhile.....

TaleofTwoDogs
09-12-2022, 12:33 PM
Just watched about 2 hours of the SEC network and State got about 30 seconds of air time with no video. I can understand the no video as it was a Fox Sports broadcast but they did not mention our game against Arizona. Right now the only teams that matter to SEC net is Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky & Tennessee. A&M is getting a lot of air time because they were so over-hyped in the preseason. so, basically it's the blue bloods plus a couple of darlings.

PikeDawg15
09-12-2022, 12:36 PM
Just watched about 2 hours of the SEC network and State got about 30 seconds of air time with no video. I can understand the no video as it was a Fox Sports broadcast but they did not mention our game against Arizona. Right now the only teams that matter to SEC net is Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky & Tennessee. A&M is getting a lot of air time because they were so over-hyped in the preseason. so, basically it's the blue bloods plus a couple of darlings.

Only room for one Mississippi School ..... and right now lane has made Ole Miss the better one the past 2 years.... we have to win 9 games this year.

Leroy Jenkins
09-12-2022, 12:39 PM
Every unbiased statistical metric says we are a top 15 team.
We have an average 20+ point margin of victory.
Every time the team has had lapses in the game they immediately snap back in and correct it.
Vegas knows what this team is. When is the last time LSU was a home underdog to an unranked team?

Sports media is the epitome of "Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?"

PikeDawg15
09-12-2022, 12:47 PM
Every unbiased statistical metric says we are a top 15 team.
We have an average 20+ point margin of victory.
Every time the team has had lapses in the game they immediately snap back in and correct it.
Vegas knows what this team is. When is the last time LSU was a home underdog to an unranked team?

Sports media is the epitome of "Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?"

We are way better than LSU rn, if we lose I will be so disappointed.

Right now , if everyone would just look at the state of the SEC teams on our schedule. My 9-3 prediction is not crazy at all.

Loss to bama
Loss to UGA
Loss to Kentucky/Ole Miss/Arkansas

Maverick91
09-12-2022, 12:56 PM
My point being made by the AP North Carolina Barely beat Georgia state and NC gets 71 votes. We go out west and beat a P5 conference team by three TDS and only get 41 votes.

That?s just trash!

PGHBulldogBG
09-12-2022, 12:57 PM
We are way better than LSU rn, if we lose I will be so disappointed.

Right now , if everyone would just look at the state of the SEC teams on our schedule. My 9-3 prediction is not crazy at all.

Loss to bama
Loss to UGA
Loss to Kentucky/Ole Miss/Arkansas

It’s not but I would replace Ole Miss with LSU. We could lose to LSU and still win 8 or 9 games. This team knows they have to beat Ole Miss this year, and I am pretty confident we will. That being said, I really don’t like BK as a person, but he is a good coach and will have LSU ready to play. I honestly think we lose Saturday but win against Ark at home even though Ark looks like the better team. My prediction of 8-4 is still the same after the first 2 games because there is not enough data yet to prove otherwise. We played 2 solid opponents and looked pretty good in both games. Bama and UGA are another level but if we play to our potential in every game 10-2 is not as crazy as I originally thought. Especially with aTm looking so bad

Maverick91
09-12-2022, 12:58 PM
I am guessing Leach and the coaches love it. Has to make motivation an easier task.

I would rather be Saban talking about how you didn?t play up to your potential than to say you are being disrespected.

FISHDAWG
09-12-2022, 01:03 PM

We have to demand more!

Shall we storm the Clarion Ledger Lobby ?**

Maverick91
09-12-2022, 01:05 PM

I mean we have a pirate as our coach sooo?. Raise the black flag I guess!

Lord McBuckethead
09-12-2022, 01:08 PM

For the second week in a row, our team finished their game about 3-5 hours after the Football Final SEC show was filmed. We had zero coverage on that show, not even a discussion on how we are still playing at the time of taping.
Given that they didn't cut highlights for that show, we missed the Monday recap shows as well. Not a single highlight was shown until Thursday's SEC Now show, and they only had two plays to show from the Memphis game.

This week will be the same, except we play LSU so they will have to at lease discuss us. Last week, we were playing Arizona and no one that watches the SEC network gives a shit about Arizona.

BrunswickDawg
09-12-2022, 01:14 PM
I think it is simply the fact that we have rarely been good enough to end the season ranked, therefore, why even consider us for an early season ranking. We have finished ranked in the AP 4 times since 2000. With that lack of a ranking history, they are going to take a wait and see approach to us every time. And they will never give us a benefit of the doubt coming off a 7-6 or worse record.

Can you blame them? We have finished ranked in the AP Top 25 exactly 1 season in which we were in the pre-season poll -1992

FISHDAWG
09-12-2022, 01:21 PM
I think it is simply the fact that we have rarely been good enough to end the season ranked, therefore, why even consider us for an early season ranking. We have finished ranked in the AP 4 times since 2000. With that lack of a ranking history, they are going to take a wait and see approach to us every time. And they will never give us a benefit of the doubt coming off a 7-6 or worse record.

Can you blame them? We have finished ranked in the AP Top 25 exactly 1 season in which we were in the pre-season poll -1992

I love it when you bring the facts

Offshore Dawg
09-12-2022, 02:41 PM
CBS sports poll, Dawgs at 23

Goldendawg
09-12-2022, 04:13 PM

I tried to start the give us respect assault with my thread here of the SEC channel's listing of logos should have "MState" before Ole Miss".***** Several of y'all said I had "little brother syndrome". Well thread made nafoom & I am "psychotic little brother" there. Seriously, win consistently and the respect and rankings will come. You can't win 7 games and end the season with the annual big loss to bama, not enough focus in another loss to OM, lose the bowl game and then expect early season ranking the next year after wins over OOC opponents Memphis & AZ which was 1-11 the previous year ( I don't care if they did bring in 50 new portal players). Continue the winning streak with LSU and we will be ranked and start to climb. Hail State!

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 04:25 PM
It's crazy but the YouTube college football guys give us way more respect than the SEC Network. The guys on That SEC Podcast think we should be around #15 after going to the West Coast and beating a P5 team by 3 touchdowns at 1 am central time.

RocketDawg
09-12-2022, 04:48 PM
It’s not but I would replace Ole Miss with LSU. We could lose to LSU and still win 8 or 9 games. This team knows they have to beat Ole Miss this year, and I am pretty confident we will. That being said, I really don’t like BK as a person, but he is a good coach and will have LSU ready to play. I honestly think we lose Saturday but win against Ark at home even though Ark looks like the better team. My prediction of 8-4 is still the same after the first 2 games because there is not enough data yet to prove otherwise. We played 2 solid opponents and looked pretty good in both games. Bama and UGA are another level but if we play to our potential in every game 10-2 is not as crazy as I originally thought. Especially with aTm looking so bad

If we finish 10-2 with losses only to Alabama and Georgia, we'll have a Top 10 ranking.

MrCoachKlein
09-12-2022, 04:49 PM
Too early to have enough data for this ranking system, but we are #1 by a big margin.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2022-ratings.html

TaleofTwoDogs
09-12-2022, 05:05 PM

I would love to see the SEC contract with ESPN. It probably reads:

"Article 17: If a SEC football team is not ranked in the AP Top 25 you can act like said nonranked team doesn't exist. No minimum air time is required, you are free to kiss Bama & Georgia's arses, we don't care about the Mississippi schools or Vandy anyway."

There must be some contractual obligation to support the whole conference not just the elites. Maybe I'm wrong.

Goldendawg
09-12-2022, 05:10 PM
Agreed, except you must not watch ESPN much if you don't think they spread plenty of love for Lane and UM.

WhiskeyPirate
09-12-2022, 06:00 PM
I avoid watching espn or having anything to do with abc/Disney. Very evil corporation. I do watch games on their network/direct tv, but won’t listen to their drivel.

Goldendawg
09-12-2022, 07:09 PM
I avoid watching espn or having anything to do with abc/Disney. Very evil corporation. I do watch games on their network/direct tv, but won’t listen to their drivel.

Agree 100%, but according to many posts here, ESPN has many OM grads working there. Love some Lane and newest transfer QB no matter what. Hail State!

R2Dawg
09-12-2022, 07:15 PM
As many have mentioned there are many reasons why MSU gets no respect but the media controls the narrative on every topic whether it is true or not. That is just the way it is. MSU is in the negative position there and would take many 2014 like seasons to reverse that trend.

Heck we still get called Mississippi every game by the dumb announcers - it happened once or twice this year already. Does OM every get called Mississippi State? Remember the Mississippi Final 4 hats in 96?

It ain't fair or right but neither is half the crap that media spews out there on almost every subject.