PDA

View Full Version : Coach34 wannabe?

coachnorm
09-12-2022, 11:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EzmbhitM8k&t=622s

I am going to try to be a Coach34 wannabe? I attached a Josh Pate YouTube for fellow elitedoggers for reference. Josh emphasizes the outdated offense in the form of spoiled milk and he could very well be on point. Stubborn coaching mindsets sometimes are spoiled milk?

I have stated to fellow elitedoggers that the Air Raid offense is basically the same as the Spread: they line up the same. Bunch in Air Raid and Loose Bunch are the same in Air Raid as in Spread. Both offenses run mesh plays? So what is the difference?

The prioritization of plays and some sequences distinguish the two. I watched the Memphis game and attended the Arizona game. What I have observed is the deemphasizing of short mesh plays and swing plays to the flat. Those plays are being substituted with more vertical seam passes which stress defenses. Vertical seam plays are not rally to the receiver solutions like swing and mesh plays.

My wish for Miss St. is the deemphasizing of mesh plays and swing passes and force the defenders to feel the stress of big #4 going up field against a smaller defender? Our QB checked into run plays and that worked well also. Again, a run play is not a mesh or swing pass? To me, two many mesh and swing passes are Josh Pate's version of spoiled milk.

Consider absorbing this simple observation and rewatch the attached video and draw your own conclusions?

Maverick91
09-12-2022, 01:56 PM
Idk enough about scheme to really talk. But I watched that video and him talking about jumbos offense is spot on. I think the difference in our offense is that I feel like it?s a take what the defense gives you offense. The only thing that matters is having the guys that know the air raid especially a quarterback that can take advantage of what they give you.

To me that type of offense will never be outdated. I think that we want to go over the top more. But as many have brought up zona was playing two high a lot of the night. That?s a really risky throw.

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 02:14 PM
Jimbo's play book is a three ring binder. He hasn't changed a play since being OC at LSU. His offense is very predictable. Now couple that with a weak OL and a mediocre QB and that's a recipe for losing games.

Catfish
09-12-2022, 02:19 PM
Jimbo's play book is a three ring binder. He hasn't changed a play since being OC at LSU. His offense is very predictable. Now couple that with a weak OL and a mediocre QB and that's a recipe for losing games.

Exactly!

Commercecomet24
09-12-2022, 02:19 PM

Jimbo is Coach Red Beaulieux, stole that playbook years ago and keeps using it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg5ej7Eui30

Goldendawg
09-12-2022, 07:16 PM
Coach 34 wanna be, huh? Hope that doesn't mean you plan to start hot chocolate mix sales on this site. Your rep bars will color change!****** Hail State! Beat the second set of Tiggers this Saturday!

Coach34
09-12-2022, 08:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EzmbhitM8k&t=622s

I am going to try to be a Coach34 wannabe? I attached a Josh Pate YouTube for fellow elitedoggers for reference. Josh emphasizes the outdated offense in the form of spoiled milk and he could very well be on point. Stubborn coaching mindsets sometimes are spoiled milk?

I have stated to fellow elitedoggers that the Air Raid offense is basically the same as the Spread: they line up the same. Bunch in Air Raid and Loose Bunch are the same in Air Raid as in Spread. Both offenses run mesh plays? So what is the difference?

The prioritization of plays and some sequences distinguish the two. I watched the Memphis game and attended the Arizona game. What I have observed is the deemphasizing of short mesh plays and swing plays to the flat. Those plays are being substituted with more vertical seam passes which stress defenses. Vertical seam plays are not rally to the receiver solutions like swing and mesh plays.

My wish for Miss St. is the deemphasizing of mesh plays and swing passes and force the defenders to feel the stress of big #4 going up field against a smaller defender? Our QB checked into run plays and that worked well also. Again, a run play is not a mesh or swing pass? To me, two many mesh and swing passes are Josh Pate?s version of spoiled milk.

Consider absorbing this simple observation and rewatch the attached video and draw your own conclusions?

Agree. You cant be too hardheaded as a football coach. In my own career- I've gone from Wishbone/Ga Tech double slot offense to Power Spread to True Spread. I'm 50/50 run-pass every Friday. Offense for those of us that cannot recruit is identifying who your weapons are and getting them the ball. Period.

I like your point of too much mesh/dump downs. Attack more.

lastmajordog
09-12-2022, 08:32 PM
Agree. You cant be too hardheaded as a football coach. In my own career- I've gone from Wishbone/Ga Tech double slot offense to Power Spread to True Spread. I'm 50/50 run-pass every Friday. Offense for those of us that cannot recruit is identifying who your weapons are and getting them the ball. Period.

I like your point of too much mesh/dump downs. Attack more.

Excellent C34!!!!

Irondawg
09-13-2022, 08:53 AM
The designed swing pass worked well for us against AZ the few times we read it.

When Will went immediately to it and the WR engaged their blocks because they knew it was coming we got 7-9 easy yards a pop.

The problem we have is when we check to them when the receivers are running shorter routes and we don?t block for it so there just isn?t any running space.