PDA

View Full Version : Way too early bowl espn

TheLostDawg
09-11-2022, 09:21 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/34548811/college-football-bowl-projections-week-2-including-playoff-new-year-six-matchups

Birmingham bowl schlabach and outback bowl bonaguru

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2022, 09:35 PM
That's a huge span.

CaptainObvious
09-11-2022, 10:16 PM
That's a huge span.

Not really. According to the pecking order, the Group of 6 bowls selecting after the Sugar and Citrus, on paper, the Outback is the Bowl just ahead of the Birmingham and Gasparilla Bowl. Prestige wise, we consider Outback ahead of Music City and Liberty of course.

Jacksondevildog
09-12-2022, 04:07 AM
Psychologically for our fan base, if you send us to Birmingham versus Tampa, you?ll see a huge difference in ticket sales. Regardless if they are on the same tier of bowls. Don?t send me to the trailer park and tell me its Beverly Hills.

TheLostDawg
09-12-2022, 09:20 AM
Psychologically for our fan base, if you send us to Birmingham versus Tampa, you?ll see a huge difference in ticket sales. Regardless if they are on the same tier of bowls. Don?t send me to the trailer park and tell me its Beverly Hills.

I know we consider it a lesser bowl but I wouldn't mind Birmingham now compared to a few years ago. New stadium, Birmingham is a cool place, top golf, not as far as other places.
A few years ago, trash stadium and no top golf.

Goldendawg
09-12-2022, 05:12 PM
I know we consider it a lesser bowl but I wouldn't mind Birmingham now compared to a few years ago. New stadium, Birmingham is a cool place, top golf, not as far as other places.
A few years ago, trash stadium and no top golf.

Birmingham will mean we went 6-6, a failure of a season.

CaptainObvious
09-12-2022, 05:52 PM
Tampa, Houston, Nashville 50% chance
Birmingham, Memphis, Jacksonville 35% chance
Las Vegas, Orlando 10% chance
New Orleans <5% chance
No Bowl<1% chance