PDA

View Full Version : Miracle if Dak survives the season

State82
09-11-2022, 09:20 PM
With all his limbs intact. This is awful.

BuckyIsAB****
09-11-2022, 09:30 PM
Yeah this is ridiculous. If this were any other team the GM would be fired twice and the owner would be tarred and feathered. Free Dak this is pathetic

BuckyIsAB****
09-11-2022, 09:32 PM
He has absolutely 0 help. Lamb is not a NFL 1 WR and the OL is a shell of itself.

State82
09-11-2022, 09:32 PM
Boos really raining down now.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2022, 09:39 PM
Boos really raining down now.

That'll happen when your RT gets flagged for 4 straight penalties, lol. Jesus they suck. And Jerry and his ass kissers did nothing to address the issues they knew they'd have this offseason. Pathetic.

TheLostDawg
09-11-2022, 09:49 PM
It's all Dak's fault. He's got the best o line in the NFL, the best rb, and best offensive coordinator.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 09:56 PM
I wish Dak would've left Dallas when he had the chance. As long as Jerry's running things nothing will ever change there.

parabrave
09-11-2022, 10:03 PM
Fire McCarthy and bite the bullet and hire Peyton. Don't matter about the draft picks because Jerra would screw them up anyway.

CadaverDawg
09-11-2022, 10:08 PM
Their stupid ass fans will blame Dak, and the Jones will join in so it won't be their fault. Eventually Dak will leave, New QB, rinse, repeat

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 10:10 PM
Fire McCarthy and bite the bullet and hire Peyton. Don't matter about the draft picks because Jerra would screw them up anyway.

Only shot they'll have is if they hire Payton.

Cowbell
09-11-2022, 10:10 PM

Peyton seems wiser.

Also Dak is out with injury to throwing hand

Also Kellen is the most overrated OC since Moorhead

Cowbell
09-11-2022, 10:11 PM
If I were dak, I would sit out until traded or until Jerry gets him a supporting cast

BeardoMSU
09-11-2022, 10:15 PM
If I were dak, I would sit out until traded or until Jerry gets him a supporting cast

Dak is too nice of a guy to be that ruthless.

parabrave
09-11-2022, 10:17 PM
And Dak is hurt.

Cowbell
09-11-2022, 10:19 PM
Dak is too nice of a guy to be that ruthless.

It would be the nicest thing anyway could ever do for this fanbase. He's the only guy in the world that could make Jerry listen

Cowbell
09-11-2022, 10:35 PM
Surgery on the thumb / out several weeks / I dislike Jerry Jones more than any human being on earth.

Tater
09-11-2022, 10:38 PM
Yep... Cowboys are cooked lol

msstate7
09-11-2022, 10:40 PM

He would be crucified and rightfully so if he did that after signing a mega contract

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 10:42 PM
Surgery on the thumb / out several weeks / I dislike Jerry Jones more than any human being on earth.

100% agree on Jerry

Cowbell
09-11-2022, 10:45 PM
He would be crucified and rightfully so if he did that after signing a mega contract
You realize if he sits, he doesn't get paid right. The fans would love it and rally behind him. They got nothing to lose at this point.

msstate7
09-11-2022, 10:47 PM
You realize if he sits, he doesn't get paid right. The fans would love it and rally behind him. They got nothing to lose at this point.

Have you ever saw anyone do this?

ETA... dak already got a massive signing bonus

BeardoMSU
09-11-2022, 10:48 PM

In his post-game presser, he had the gall to say the game was "a surprise". **** him.

msstate7
09-11-2022, 10:51 PM
In his post-game presser, he had the gall to say the game was "a surprise". **** him.

Is there a confirmed injury?

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 10:52 PM
Is there a confirmed injury?

Yes he's having surgery and will be out awhile. That's from Jerry and McCarthy

msstate7
09-11-2022, 10:54 PM

Wow.

msudawglb
09-11-2022, 10:59 PM
Surgery on the thumb.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 11:00 PM
Wow.

Yeah it's a shame. As bad as this ol is and only one receiver you could see it coming. Smh

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 11:01 PM
Dak was probably having flashbacks to those bama/om games where he got sacked like 18 times in those 2 games

msstate7
09-11-2022, 11:02 PM
Yeah it's a shame. As bad as this ol is and only one receiver you could see it coming. Smh

If it's a long injury, they should tank. Send that high first rounder and another next year to us for Sean Payton

BeardoMSU
09-11-2022, 11:02 PM
Dak was probably having flashbacks to those bama/om games where he got sacked like 18 times in those 2 games

Pretty sure it was 20 times, lol. I seem to remember 10 each game.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 11:13 PM
If it's a long injury, they should tank. Send that high first rounder and another next year to us for Sean Payton

I agree! I think they'll tank without trying lol! They suck and without Dak they have zero chance to win anything.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 11:13 PM
Pretty sure it was 20 times, lol. I seem to remember 10 each game.

You're probably right that was a brutal 2 games.

ImissCityBagel
09-12-2022, 05:11 AM
Dallas is doomed.

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2022, 05:11 AM

Most Cowboy fans blame the offensive struggles on Dak. THey are a divided fans base on Dak and would not be if he sat. Dak be public enemy 1.

ANyways....Dak would never do that.

R2Dawg
09-12-2022, 07:26 AM
Agree. One of top QB in league and you do this to him. He has one NFL WR and a bunch of walk ons. Worst I've ever seen. So wrong.

basedog
09-12-2022, 07:37 AM
I'm afraid Dak's days may be numbered in Dallas. I think Dallas has so many problems......Jerry Jones! I wouldn't be surprised after the season they trade Dak for players and draft choices, but no doubt a new Coach is coming. I hate it for Dak but I'm so glad he never has to worry about money! Dallas has so many problems I'm not sure there is a fix as long as the Jones family is involved with football decisions.

msstate7
09-12-2022, 07:41 AM
I'm afraid Dak's days may be numbered in Dallas. I think Dallas has so many problems......Jerry Jones! I wouldn't be surprised after the season they trade Dak for players and draft choices, but no doubt a new Coach is coming. I hate it for Dak but I'm so glad he never has to worry about money! Dallas has so many problems I'm not sure there is a fix as long as the Jones family is involved with football decisions.

His dead cap next season is 89 million, so he will at least be a cowboy through next season. No one could take that cap hit

basedog
09-12-2022, 07:49 AM
His dead cap next season is 89 million, so he will at least be a cowboy through next season. No one could take that cap hit

Maybe so but Jerry Jones has done so many dumb things over the years that anything is possible with him. I'm not much for watching NFL football these days but I have always liked the Cowboys, same with MLB and the Yankees except I only know of one player Aaron Judge, LOL. Give me the Don Meredith, Mickey Mantle days all day, every week and twice on Sunday! LOL!

TheLostDawg
09-12-2022, 09:10 AM
Most Cowboy fans blame the offensive struggles on Dak. THey are a divided fans base on Dak and would not be if he sat. Dak be public enemy 1.

ANyways....Dak would never do that.

The fact they threw trash at him while he went to get xray says it all about that fan base

msstate7
09-12-2022, 09:17 AM
The fact they threw trash at him while he went to get xray says it all about that fan base

I would imagine that's a few idiots. God, I'd hate for us to be judged by what a small group of fans do at one of our games.

Cowbell
09-12-2022, 10:02 AM

The speculation here in DFW was that was the plan all along. Jerry sitting on 22M in cap space

Cowbell
09-12-2022, 10:04 AM
Have you ever saw anyone do this?

ETA... dak already got a massive signing bonus

You have to understand this fanbase - any player that would stand up against Jerry publicly would be overjoyed. It would be different if they were a contender

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2022, 10:04 AM

I've been studying this website. Trying to determine what his future there looks like.

https://overthecap.com/calculator/dallas-cowboys

I'm a cowboys fan but I want to see him get traded to a real franchise. Dak doesn't even have a QB/OC coach on top of all the other half ass players Jerry has on roster. It's ridiculous at Dallas.

Anyways.... Daks cap hit is $89(23), $39(24), $21(25). I guess the Rams and Eagles traded QBs with $30million in cap hit. But Jerry won't. Dak is stuck there until after 2024.

The cowboys may try and trade Zeke. Or maybe cut him. His cap hit is $11(23), $6(24), $1.7(25) after this year. Would Dallas cut him with a $11m cap hit?

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-have-over-20m-in-cap-space-why-arent-they-spending-it/

Cowbell
09-12-2022, 11:00 AM
Out 6-8 weeks

Commercecomet24
09-12-2022, 11:14 AM
Out 6-8 weeks

Cowboys may not win another game until Dak gets back. With him they at least had a chance(even with the crappy supporting cast), but without him, no way. They better sign a few qbs to put on the practice squad cause they're gonna have a bunch go down with injuries with this ol and no receivers. They finally have a decent defense but the bad ol and lack of wrs is a killer.

parabrave
09-12-2022, 11:21 AM

At least he doesn't have to worry about getting killed for the next 8 weeks.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2022, 11:23 AM
At least he doesn't have to worry about getting killed for the next 8 weeks.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope maybe they have some similance of protection by the time he gets back.

BlackSailsDawg
09-12-2022, 11:28 AM
Did I hear the announcers right. The only other QB they have was the practice squad guy?

parabrave
09-12-2022, 11:30 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I hope maybe they have some similance of protection by the time he gets back.

Hopefully McCarthy will be gone by then. Jerry hires Sean, who tells him to step down from being GM, and all trades for a decent WR and OT.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2022, 11:33 AM
Hopefully McCarthy will be gone by then. Jerry hires Sean, who tells him to step down from being GM, and all trades for a decent WR and OT.

It's the only hope Dallas and Dak have, get Jerry out of gm and get Payton. If it continues like it is the cowboys are toast for awhile and jerry will blame the players and have a fire sale in a couple years. It's rinse and repeat for that idiot. He's so egotistical he doesn't get that he's the problem.

parabrave
09-12-2022, 11:49 AM
It's the only hope Dallas and Dak have, get Jerry out of gm and get Payton. If it continues like it is the cowboys are toast for awhile and jerry will blame the players and have a fire sale in a couple years. It's rinse and repeat for that idiot. He's so egotistical he doesn't get that he's the problem.

If he gets Peyton then he will have to step down. Peyton wants total operational control like he had in NO.

Goldendawg
09-12-2022, 01:57 PM
Quit watching MLB, then NBA years ago. Hated Dallas before Dak and only watched because he is a class act in the Jones clown show. Do watch NFL highlights and keep up with standings. More time for Sunday afternoon naps for the next 6 to 8 weeks.

War Machine Dawg
09-12-2022, 03:49 PM
I wish Dak would've left Dallas when he had the chance. As long as Jerry's running things nothing will ever change there.

He should've gone to Pittsburgh to replace Big Ben. If nothing else, they have an OL built to protect a QB. Jerruh is, and always has been, the problem with Dallas. He's an egomaniac who thinks he knows football better than everyone and overrates his team's talent because he's the one who picked them.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2022, 03:50 PM
He should've gone to Pittsburgh to replace Big Ben. If nothing else, they have an OL built to protect a QB. Jerruh is, and always has been, the problem with Dallas. He's an egomaniac who thinks he knows football better than everyone and overrates his team's talent because he's the one who picked them.

Yep, you nailed it.

BeardoMSU
09-12-2022, 04:22 PM

Well Dak's contract has both no-trade and no-franchise-tag clauses, so if things do go sour in Dallas in a couple years, he should be able to pick where he wants to go.

Goldendawg
09-12-2022, 04:27 PM
Isn't it just a three year contract at $40 mil a year. He gets NFL QB $ and Jones too tight to surround him with needed OL and WR improvements. This was a disaster waiting. Collen K still says he can do it. Maybe Jerry signs him.*** Dallas will be lucky to win 2 games while Dak is out.