PDA

View Full Version : Unsportsman like conduct on the Coach.

BlackSailsDawg
09-11-2022, 09:10 PM
Did anybody ever find out who or what that was about?

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2022, 09:20 PM
Heard Arnett gave the side ref a big ?F-you? in regards to not calling holding.

FISHDAWG
09-12-2022, 07:47 AM
Heard Arnett gave the side ref a big ?F-you? in regards to not calling holding.

and is endorsed by FISHDAWG

Jack Lambert
09-12-2022, 07:55 AM
I am glad someone on the sideline got on that ass. That is one beef I have with Leach. He needs to start getting into the Refs ears and chewing then out some.

FISHDAWG
09-12-2022, 07:57 AM
I am glad someone on the sideline got on that ass. That is one beef I have with Leach. He needs to start getting into the Refs ears and chewing then out some.

That was one thing Mullen excelled at

basedog
09-12-2022, 08:14 AM
I don't understand why Leach isn't more involved with what is going on with things beside his offense during the game. Maybe it's a good thing but twice in the last two years I see him on the sideline asking what happened?

TheLostDawg
09-12-2022, 09:17 AM

+

WhiskeyPirate
09-12-2022, 06:48 PM
If that was the same crew that did the Memphis game last year, those bastages hate Leach and State with a vengeance for some reason. Gangsters and criminals.

R2Dawg
09-12-2022, 07:08 PM
That is another thing Arnett brings to the sidelines - a little fire and accountability with officiating. Leach is too busy scribbling on his notecard. His level of engagement in these things is not at HC level IMO. People can say it don't matter but I disagree. These things rub off on others.

WhiskeyPirate
09-12-2022, 07:53 PM
That little scribbling on the notecards is probably going to put a lot of points on the scoreboard this year.

Leroy Jenkins
09-12-2022, 08:45 PM
In the presser today he said that coaches can vocalize their opinions to the ref differently from the sideline than on the field. I think he would have preferred a sideline warning.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-13-2022, 07:39 AM

...Glad he got us a 15 yard penalty. SMH

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 07:46 AM
That little scribbling on the notecards is probably going to put a lot of points on the scoreboard this year.

Mike is that you?

I don't care how many points he scores, if he loses the game (like Memphis) who cares.

Hot Rock
09-13-2022, 07:56 AM
Mike is that you?

I don't care how many points he scores, if he loses the game (like Memphis) who cares.

Playing hyped does not make for a good offense. In fact, it leads to offenses making penalties and inconsistency.

Defenses do need to get hyped and play aggressive, hence he hired Arnett to bring energy to that side of the ball.

How many times have I pulled my hair out at some of our former coaches ineptness with clock management. Maybe, just maybe if he had spent more time thinking rather than yelling he could have fixed that part of his coaching.

thf24
09-13-2022, 08:03 AM
How sure are we that chewing the officials at the college level ever results in more positive treatment? What kind of research is out there to back that idea up?

WhiskeyPirate
09-13-2022, 08:26 AM
Mike is that you?

What Memphis game ? We just destroyed them

Keep up the agenda though. Real good look.

PMDawg
09-13-2022, 08:29 AM
...Glad he got us a 15 yard penalty. SMH

After the way this crew treated us in their two games "officiated" for us, I'm cool with our entire coaching staff dog-cussing them from the opening kick-off to the end of the game any and every time we ever run across them. If they are among the best the SEC has available, then the SEC pool is pathetic.

BrunswickDawg
09-13-2022, 09:09 AM

Not the refs - but you can't always go by the 4 second clip of the coach on the sideline at a random moment

https://twitter.com/skrajisnik3/status/1569482290023243776?s=20&t=oBYB0u6pW8waKM1uttl5wg

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 10:46 AM
What Memphis game ? We just destroyed them

Keep up the agenda though. Real good look.

No agenda. Just facts. The previous comments were about Leach being lost and disengaged like he was at Memphis last year on the play. He didn't even know what happened post game and didn't care to find out. That is what I'm talking about.

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 10:49 AM
Playing hyped does not make for a good offense. In fact, it leads to offenses making penalties and inconsistency.

Defenses do need to get hyped and play aggressive, hence he hired Arnett to bring energy to that side of the ball.

How many times have I pulled my hair out at some of our former coaches ineptness with clock management. Maybe, just maybe if he had spent more time thinking rather than yelling he could have fixed that part of his coaching.

I ain't talkin about yelling at your O all the time but there is a time for it and a time for chewing the refs and showing you got your team's back. Never see it from Leach. Your players will respond when they see their coach stick up for them. If you don't understand that then you ain't never played ball.

I also know you can't yell at every player the same, not all respond positively. Again I ain't talking about Leach getting in players faces. I think we've all seen that. I never seen him light into poor calls or his team getting the shaft. Sometimes it needs to happen.

I also am not condoning cussing the officials but you can give feedback in a way that lets them know.

BlackSailsDawg
09-13-2022, 12:40 PM
That is another thing Arnett brings to the sidelines - a little fire and accountability with officiating. Leach is too busy scribbling on his notecard. His level of engagement in these things is not at HC level IMO. People can say it don't matter but I disagree. These things rub off on others.

That's a 2 way street.

His calm demeanor rubs off on people too. Like with his offense and QBs. Like the 2 record setting come from behind wins last year. Like not giving up because their heads remain cool and focused against adversity.

BlackSailsDawg
09-13-2022, 12:44 PM
No agenda. Just facts. The previous comments were about Leach being lost and disengaged like he was at Memphis last year on the play. He didn't even know what happened post game and didn't care to find out. That is what I'm talking about.

How do you know he didn't know nor bothered to find out? Because he didn't air it out to the public?

WhiskeyPirate
09-13-2022, 01:41 PM
How do you know he didn't know nor bothered to find out? Because he didn't air it out to the public?

He apparently was told by Leach he didn’t care to find out , that’s either “facts” or made up bull.

Lol

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 02:19 PM

Because when he was asked in post game, he didn't even know what happened. He should have demanded a replay, call TO, something but nothing. back to looking at the notecard, Oh well good we get the ball back. Can you imagine Saban if that happens? We want to be top tier but you can't be like that.

I don't hate Leach like some think. He does some good things but he has some massive gaps too. I just want him to shore some up and move us up.

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 02:20 PM
He apparently was told by Leach he didn’t care to find out , that’s either “facts” or made up bull.

Lol

That is what was reported. I don't just make stuff up for the fun of it. I also watched the sidelines and Leach never questioned anything. Just open your eyes and watch, it ain't rocket science.

TrapGame
09-13-2022, 02:21 PM
Because when he was asked in post game, he didn't even know what happened. He should have demanded a replay, call TO, something but nothing. back to looking at the notecard, Oh well good we get the ball back. Can you imagine Saban if that happens? We want to be top tier but you can't be like that.

I don't hate Leach like some think. He does some good things but he has some massive gaps too. I just want him to shore some up and move us up.

Are you sure that's right? Because Steve has said on his podcast that Leach was told the play was unreviewable.

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 02:23 PM
That's a 2 way street.

His calm demeanor rubs off on people too. Like with his offense and QBs. Like the 2 record setting come from behind wins last year. Like not giving up because their heads remain cool and focused against adversity.

I said in my post, there is situational leadership with players, situations, etc. You don't act one way all the time. That will not produce the best results. I never said his approach didn't sometimes produce good things.

Too many on here try to make up what people say so they can argue and choose sides. Just read what I wrote. I don't mean any more or any less. I have no ax to grind on Leach and treating him the same as any other MSU coach - I liked or didn't. It ain't personal.

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 02:25 PM
Are you sure that's right? Because Steve has said on his podcast that Leach was told the play was unreviewable.

Why was it unreviewable? Aren't all scoring plays supposed to be reviewed? There was no flag.

Irrelevant to point, Leach didn't question or seek answers in the game and he didn't know any details. Bad coaching I don't care who you are Saban or whoever.

BlackSailsDawg
09-13-2022, 09:30 PM

I called myself watching the post game presser and I don't remember that being asked.

BlackSailsDawg
09-13-2022, 09:33 PM
Why was it unreviewable? Aren't all scoring plays supposed to be reviewed? There was no flag.

Irrelevant to point, Leach didn't question or seek answers in the game and he didn't know any details. Bad coaching I don't care who you are Saban or whoever.

??

Nobody scored on the unsportsman like conduct flag.