PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else less wooly today?

viverlibre
09-11-2022, 02:51 PM
I can't overstate how bad Arizona was last night. They played terribly, were coached poorly and looked not at all prepared for the game, their players did not seem to be dialed in at all. Yet we could not put them away, that should have been a 55-10 type victory. It looked like we could not get into a rhythm on play calling for much of the game, maybe Leach should have napped during the day?

I know some will reply, "did you see all the missed calls?" Yes, it was terribly officiated, but that is our lot, we will always have to overcome that.

I am looking forward to LSU on Sunday, hopefully, our players/coaches were focused on that and that's why we couldn't pull away last night.

WhiskeyPirate
09-11-2022, 02:57 PM
No, I actually feel more confident we will play well against LSU

Given the unusual circumstances, I think we did fine. Arizona is one of those teams it’s hard to look good against. They have good talent, but when you add 50 new free agents through NIL/portal.....it’s going to take a long time to gel.

We are geared to play against SEC teams.

MetEdDawg
09-11-2022, 02:57 PM
I actually feel better after last night.

The vast majority of the years I've been an MSU fan, we would lose that game last night or it would have been a one score game. Instead we are pissed that we won by 22 on the road against a P5 opponent in a game that finished around 2 AM our time.

It's ok for us to not play our best and win games. It's going to happen and we saw yesterday it happened to a ton of teams. Our offense did whatever it wanted to whenever it wanted to and the only thing that stopped it was ourselves.

The whole transitive property of since we played sloppy against Arizona it will be even worse against LSU is ridiculous. We are favorites in Baton Rouge for a reason. Let's freaking act like it.

99jc
09-11-2022, 03:03 PM
I can't overstate how bad Arizona was last night. They played terribly, were coached poorly and looked not at all prepared for the game, their players did not seem to be dialed in at all. Yet we could not put them away, that should have been a 55-10 type victory. It looked like we could not get into a rhythm on play calling for much of the game, maybe Leach should have napped during the day?

I know some will reply, "did you see all the missed calls?" Yes, it was terribly officiated, but that is our lot, we will always have to overcome that.

I am looking forward to LSU on Sunday, hopefully, our players/coaches were focused on that and that's why we couldn't pull away last night.

there are about 10 of you who post shit like this no matter what. just shut the 17 up and quit being a bunch of negative pussies.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-11-2022, 03:05 PM
As a State fan it is only natural to shed wool during the season, sometimes it falls out on it's own, sometimes you just yank it out in batches. This team is good but not great and when a good team plays at a "C" level this is what you get. Back in the day, the score would have been reversed, I guess that progress. No Alabama or Georgia here but better than the million dollar team known as A&M.

TrapGame
09-11-2022, 03:06 PM
Good grief. Same old shit from the same old people.

memsu06
09-11-2022, 03:10 PM
So far looking at everyone in the SEC West it's wide open. Bama probably still holds the edge, but if they don't gel in the upcoming games they are beatable.

Kentucky looks like hot garbage and so did Florida. TAMU is very beatable. ARK will be tough, but we nearly beat (we did) them last year and this year their secondary is suspect. Ole Miss is taking care of business, but haven't met adversity yet.

All we need to do is take care of business and this could be a special year for MSU.

R2Dawg
09-11-2022, 03:11 PM

The vast majority of the years I've been an MSU fan, we would lose that game last night or it would have been a one score game. Instead we are pissed that we won by 22 on the road against a P5 opponent in a game that finished around 2 AM our time.

It's ok for us to not play our best and win games. It's going to happen and we saw yesterday it happened to a ton of teams. Our offense did whatever it wanted to whenever it wanted to and the only thing that stopped it was ourselves.

The whole transitive property of since we played sloppy against Arizona it will be even worse against LSU is ridiculous. We are favorites in Baton Rouge for a reason. Let's freaking act like it.

I agree and I feel slightly better. This is agame Leach would typically loose. We didn't play our A game (C+) still won big. Like Memphis, it could have been much worse. Not many SEC teams win on road against a P5 and we did. At end of year AZ will be a bowl team likely. It will look better down the road.

BulldogBear
09-11-2022, 03:14 PM
there are about 10 of you who post shit like this no matter what. just shut the 17 up and quit being a bunch of negative pussies.

This. They weren't SEC level to be sure and we should've beat them worse. However, they were not a$$, and it was a good early season measuring stick. The lesson is play sloppy like that in any SEC game on our schedule except perhaps Auburn in Starkville and we will not win. Three straight drops by our receivers in the 2qtr (across two possessions) is what kept the Wildcats in the game. One was the INT. Catch those three and this is like 55-10.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2022, 03:14 PM

They were shell shocked and stun by the level of speed and strength of our D. Our D had their QB raddle all night. They looked bad but it was because State just whipped them on both side of the line and they could not mentally over come it.

I don't think State played a clean game but I stack that up to time. It was reality 10:00 at night physically for them. How many of our guys ever started a football game that late? I say none. How many of our guys started a second half after midnight. I say none. It did effect them. I know from being in the Marine Corp late night ops effected you a lot both mentally and physically. You were not as sharp. Play that game at 6:00 and state whips them 55 to 7.

viverlibre
09-11-2022, 03:16 PM
I agree and I feel slightly better. This is agame Leach would typically loose. We didn't play our A game (C+) still won big. Like Memphis, it could have been much worse. Not many SEC teams win on road against a P5 and we did. At end of year AZ will be a bowl team likely. It will look better down the road.

Ok, y'all you are making me feel better about it. We played a C/D game, but they played an F- game, agree we could have lost that game, but won by three TDs.

I'm, ready for some corndogs!

LC Dawg
09-11-2022, 03:26 PM
Our team went out west and beat a P5 team by 3 touchdowns in a game that started at 10:00 CST a week after winning a game by 26 in the rain with a delay that caused the game to last 6 hours. Memphis beat Navy pretty handily and even though Navy isn't good I think Memphis is a decent team. Arizona may be bad but they definitely aren't the same team as their one win team from last year. A&M got beat by App State. Notre Dame got beat by Marshall. LSU didn't look good against FSU and probably didn't improve by playing Southern yesterday.
I actually feel pretty good about Mississippi State's football team. I don't understand some of our fans's expectations.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-11-2022, 03:27 PM
6-6

R2Dawg
09-11-2022, 03:34 PM
Ok, y'all you are making me feel better about it. We played a C/D game, but they played an F- game, agree we could have lost that game, but won by three TDs.

I'm, ready for some corndogs!

You gotta look at the detail. We played a C game due to us - tip ball int for them, lazy ball handling fumble. Went in prevent D before half and they got like 60 yards. AZ played bad I guess but mostly because of MSU - pressure on QB all night, Will picked them apart (he'll do that all year). OL gave up a sack or two but mostly coverage or Will fault not OL.

Tater
09-11-2022, 03:43 PM
When does it change from "our opponent played like shit" to "we caused our opponent problems so they played like shit."?

Our defense flustered Zona all night. Our offense hums pretty well when our receivers don't drop the ball.

vindastra
09-11-2022, 03:46 PM
Can the experts shed some light on our defense?

It looked like at least one WR was running free every play. Plus, every time De Laura scrambled he had lots of space to gain yards. Kid just wasted it trying to sling it (poorly).

R2Dawg
09-11-2022, 03:49 PM
Can the experts shed some light on our defense?

It looked like at least one WR was running free every play. Plus, every time De Laura scrambled he had lots of space to gain yards. Kid just wasted it trying to sling it (poorly).

The scrambling QB will lead to WR being open on the playground senario. Kinda like a busted play. I wouldn't be too concerned. We made lot of plays on ball.

Tater
09-11-2022, 03:55 PM
Also I'm more wooly today but mainly because Auburn is as bad as I thought they were, A&M is as bad as I thought they were, Ark is about where I thought they were, Bama is worse than I thought, Kentucky is anemic on offense again.

Opportunity is there.

basedog
09-11-2022, 04:00 PM
I also think playing out west and game time 10 central was a little issue in our overall play. But we had control pretty much all night. Turnovers caused the game to be somewhat close as were a few officiating calls and no calls.

I thought our defense played well, Zona had opening drive but the rest of the game not much of a threat except from our turnovers.

If we play a “clean game” against the Corn Dogs we should win. Time to step up.

Quaoarsking
09-11-2022, 04:02 PM
Wtf, no, I feel more confident that we'll win 8 or 9 games now.

Todd4State
09-11-2022, 04:05 PM
Just eliminate turnovers on offense and see what we do. It seems like the defense allows half the points they allow after we turn the ball over.

We may have found a kicker too.

I like where we're at. We're just not a finished product.

R2Dawg
09-11-2022, 04:16 PM
Also I'm more wooly today but mainly because Auburn is as bad as I thought they were, A&M is as bad as I thought they were, Ark is about where I thought they were, Bama is worse than I thought, Kentucky is anemic on offense again.

Opportunity is there.

Agree. We get Ark at home too. I gave us no shot on Bama but after yesterday we have a slim shot. Other than UGA and Bama, we should not beat. UK is luckiest team playin. Richardson is horrible at QB. Any preseason idiot putting him above Will should be fired.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 04:40 PM

This 100%. It's a fact in Years past we would've lost this game instead we won comfortably. We have an excellent culture that's been built where our team doesn't fade and wilt when they get some adversity. Anyone watch bama yesterday? They absolutely sucked but found a way to win. If you're doing to be a good program you have to win these kind of games. It's
Like a pitcher winning when he doesn't hav his best stuff.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 04:43 PM
Good grief. Same old shit from the same old people.

Never fails does it? A freaking 23 point win 2000 miles from home in the middle of the night and people find a reason to whine? Gimme a break

WhiskeyPirate
09-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Urban was touting Richardson, he’s bigger and faster than Cam, he’s unstoppable etc etc... national media jumped on the hype wagon

He’s a horrible passer. They are overrated. Typical BS

BrunswickDawg
09-11-2022, 04:46 PM
This 100%. It's a fact in Years past we would've lost this game instead we won comfortably. We have an excellent culture that's been built where our team doesn't fade and wilt when they get some adversity. Anyone watch bama yesterday? They absolutely sucked but found a way to win. If you're doing to be a good program you have to win these kind of games. It's
Like a pitcher winning when he doesn't hav his best stuff.

Exactly. Bama was two day old dog shit run over by your lawn mower bad yesterday. And it took every ounce of effort Texas had just to get within FG range. And good teams win those games.

Our own fans seem to forget that even in our better seasons you have flat bad games that you win because that's the difference in 6-6 and 10-2. How many terrible games did we play in '99 that we came back and won? 4? 2014 we played at least 3 stinkers that we had to gut out - not to mention games like LSU and Auburn where Dan went conservative and let teams back in when we should have really blown them out.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 05:07 PM
Urban was touting Richardson, he’s bigger and faster than Cam, he’s unstoppable etc etc... national media jumped on the hype wagon

He’s a horrible passer. They are overrated. Typical BS

He's a faster Chris relf

Schultzy
09-11-2022, 05:29 PM
When does it change from "our opponent played like shit" to "we caused our opponent problems so they played like shit."?

Our defense flustered Zona all night. Our offense hums pretty well when our receivers don't drop the ball.

This.

And we gifted them their points and whatever momentum they enjoyed.

Dawgology
09-11-2022, 06:11 PM
Nope. As others have stated in the past that?s a game we lose

Ezsoil
09-11-2022, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=viverlibre;1446339]I can't overstate how bad Arizona was last night. They played terribly, were coached poorly and looked not at all prepared for the game,

Are you freaking serious? They took the ball to start the game and marched it right down the field in six plays.....I'd say they were fired up......then MSU matched them on offense and then the defense caused their mobile quarterback to run for his life the rest of the game.... it was a solid road win... they came out hot but got slapped back into submission.

RocketDawg
09-11-2022, 07:48 PM
I was concerned about our defense when Arizona marched down the field and scored a TD only 2 minutes into the game, but that concern didn't last long. I think we'll be OK. But we have a tough schedule. 10 games left, and 4 of those are Top 10, 6 of those are in the Top 25, and we play #1 and #2 (and those two should remain there all year). It's interesting when our two "easiest" conference games are against LSU and Auburn. 8-4 could be a really good year.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 07:55 PM
Arnett really good at making adjustments when he sees what an offense is trying to do and he did it again last night.

thf24
09-11-2022, 10:42 PM
He's a faster Chris relf

A faster Chris Relf whose coach is trying to utilize as a passer first.

Napier took a huge hit in my book after that game. Their RB's were gashing UK on the ground, but instead of trying to capitalize on that and get your athletic QB who you have to know is a horrible passer at this point involved in the run game, you have him stand in the pocket and throw 35 passes. I'm really not sure what he was thinking with that gameplan unless Richardson somehow had him fooled about his passing ability up to that point. Run your QB more, avoiding throwing those two awful picks in the process, and UF wins that game easily.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2022, 10:54 PM
A faster Chris Relf whose coach is trying to utilize as a passer first.

Napier took a huge hit in my book after that game. Their RB's were gashing UK on the ground, but instead of trying to capitalize on that and get your athletic QB who you have to know is a horrible passer at this point involved in the run game, you have him stand in the pocket and throw 35 passes. I'm really not sure what he was thinking with that gameplan unless Richardson somehow had him fooled about his passing ability up to that point. Run your QB more, avoiding throwing those two awful picks in the process, and UF wins that game easily.

100% agree. Their gameplan sucked.

99jc
09-12-2022, 06:45 AM
Arnett really good at making adjustments when he sees what an offense is trying to do and he did it again last night.

that is my take on arnett also

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 08:34 AM

And Bo Bounds thinks he's mediocre at best.

Offshore Dawg
09-12-2022, 08:54 AM
And Bo Bounds thinks he's mediocre at best.

Bo's opinion isn't important.

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 09:03 AM
Bo's opinion isn't important.

He needs to stick to selling bourbon and steaks. His football depth is shallow.

Johnson85
09-12-2022, 09:06 AM
Never fails does it? A freaking 23 point win 2000 miles from home in the middle of the night and people find a reason to whine? Gimme a break

I know Arizona is bad, but Memphis was bad last year. I'm not happy we played pretty sloppy, but playing sloppy, gifting the other team points and leaving points on the field, and winning by 3 TDs is usually a good sign for your team.

The only reason I'm not ready to call for 10 wins is that I'm still not sure if our OL can handle an elite pass rusher, and then having UGA and UK from the east just doesn't leave any room for error, even if Auburn, LSU, and A&M are as beatable or more beatable than thought at the beginning of the season.

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2022, 09:18 AM
I think we are damn good.

I think if we continue to run the ball when teams line up in a 5 sometimes 4 man box, we will continue to kick ass. We really ran the ball well to start the game. I wish we had continue to do that, but our passing game was very solid.

My only concern is that when we passed and they rushed 3 and dropped 8, we struggled. Now we audibled into run plays a lot of those times, but there times when we had to pass and we still struggled to beat that coverage, and more importantly we gave up decent pressure when they rushed 3 and dropped 8 in a pass play.

msstate7
09-12-2022, 09:23 AM
I think we are damn good.

I think if we continue to run the ball when teams line up in a 5 sometimes 4 man box, we will continue to kick ass. We really ran the ball well to start the game. I wish we had continue to do that, but our passing game was very solid.

My only concern is that when we passed and they rushed 3 and dropped 8, we struggled. Now we audibled into run plays a lot of those times, but there times when we had to pass and we still struggled to beat that coverage, and more importantly we gave up decent pressure when they rushed 3 and dropped 8 in a pass play.

Hopefully LSU's DC outsmarts himself and tries to pressure us

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2022, 09:24 AM

I've been really happy with teams that continue to not be patient and start to blitz. We have hammered teams that blitz. Rodgers is awesome against man blitz.

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 09:31 AM

AZ played a lot of Cover 2 and Cloud. They did get some pressure rushing 3 but I think our OL was ready to get on the plane and go home at that point.

Tripp McNeely
09-12-2022, 11:21 AM
Had I told you 2 months ago that we'd beat AZ on the road by 3 TDs, would you have been "less wooly" then?

HoopsDawg
09-12-2022, 11:44 AM
I've been really happy with teams that continue to not be patient and start to blitz. We have hammered teams that blitz. Rodgers is awesome against man blitz.

Leach can't be patient against the cover 2 shell, but it appears the DC's aren't patient either. Hopefully that continues.

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2022, 11:51 AM
Leach can't be patient against the cover 2 shell, but it appears the DC's aren't patient either. Hopefully that continues.

Its been great. Every time I see 4-5 guys creeping up to the line of scrimmage, all i'm thinking is "This play is gonna work"

I think part of the problem for the teams we have played is that our RB's are too dynamic in the flat and they can't make the swing pass be 1-2 yard gain and it is routinely a 4-7 yard gain.

I thought Arizona was most effective when they rushed 3 and dropped 8. We didn't protect great and though we had some success, overall it wasn't our best. I just hope the DC's we play keep bringing heat because we will keep killing that coverage. Our pick play game is strong and we have shifty receivers that are really good in space.

Duckdog
09-12-2022, 11:54 AM
If you ain't at full wool then get to kicking rocks

viverlibre
09-12-2022, 12:14 PM
Had I told you 2 months ago that we'd beat AZ on the road by 3 TDs, would you have been "less wooly" then?

Yes, reading this board all summer, posters had us going 9-3 or 10-2, my initial guess is were will be a 7-6 or 8-4 type team, but i did fall into sunshine pumping camp. Arizona (at least Saturday night) was much worse than I anticipated and really had no plan the their players were not interested in the game at all. Based on all the sunshine pumped here, we should have won that game by 5 or 6 touchdowns. Arizona played one of the worst games I have seen in a while, and we struggled to put them away.

Sunday morning QBing is over, let's move on and get ready for the corndogs.

BigEasyDawg
09-12-2022, 12:27 PM

Yea, that's what happens when you dominate a team physically. You knock them off of their game and force them into running for their lives.

Every time someone play's UGA or Bama, they don't look like crap. They get dominated. Sign me up for some of that.

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 12:49 PM
Yes, reading this board all summer, posters had us going 9-3 or 10-2, my initial guess is were will be a 7-6 or 8-4 type team, but i did fall into sunshine pumping camp. Arizona (at least Saturday night) was much worse than I anticipated and really had no plan the their players were not interested in the game at all. Based on all the sunshine pumped here, we should have won that game by 5 or 6 touchdowns. Arizona played one of the worst games I have seen in a while, and we struggled to put them away.

You love shittin' on this team, don't cha?

R2Dawg
09-12-2022, 07:36 PM

Sunday morning QBing is over, let's move on and get ready for the corndogs.

AZ showed much promise and much better than a 1-11 returning team. But even in our C game we controlled the game and won on road late night in P5 stadium by 3 TDs. That is all Bulldog right there. That might have even been OK on a 1-11 team but this AZ team is much improved.

Tater
09-12-2022, 07:54 PM
Yea, that's what happens when you dominate a team physically. You knock them off of their game and force them into running for their lives.

Every time someone play's UGA or Bama, they don't look like crap. They get dominated. Sign me up for some of that.

It's all about framing the discussion and who is the active participant. State fans have the weird affinity that we can't beat Bama, they can only **** up and lose to us. It extrapolated out to other games where if another team beats us, they played well and dominated us. If we beat them, they played bad and gave us a win. We're never the active participant to some people. News flash. We're 2 for 2 on soundly being the active participant and covering double digit spreads by 10+. And vegas already has us ranked top 10 while clearly being 10 points off on us.

If that doesn't get you excited idk what to tell you. We've got a real shot for the first time since 2014. West is open. We play our B+ game every game and we're at worst 9-3. We play our A+ game in two certain games and don't get a RAT performance... then my 20 to 1 bet on 10+ regular season wins looks real good.

LC Dawg
09-12-2022, 07:55 PM
2021's team would have struggled but probably won at AZ and 2020's team probably would have lost. This 2022 team is good. UGA and Bama are easily 1&2 in the SEC but #3 is wide open. I've not seen anything yet that clearly shows we can't be that team.

WhiskeyPirate
09-12-2022, 07:57 PM
2021's team would have struggled but probably won at AZ and 2020's team probably would have lost. This 2022 team is good. UGA and Bama are easily 1&2 in the SEC but #3 is wide open. I've not seen anything yet that clearly shows we can't be that team.

I saw a thread on sec rant where a lot of folks think Arkansas is that #3 team. We are every bit as good as they are.

Coach34
09-12-2022, 09:58 PM
What? We should roll LSU and keep pushing forward on a great season. We have cruised thru these 1st 2 games. Saturday shows how damn good we are

Bothrops
09-12-2022, 10:42 PM
I'm happy winning on the road by 3 td's against any P5. That said, I still see an issue on defense, but the SEC West is not scaring me much this year. Bama will blow us out, but everyone else is beatable with our offense. We have a decent chance Saturday. Not a big chance but decent.

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 10:30 AM

Agree 100%. Ark, UT, UK, UF, TAMU, etc. ain't got nothing on us at this point.

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 10:33 AM
I'm happy winning on the road by 3 td's against any P5. That said, I still see an issue on defense, but the SEC West is not scaring me much this year. Bama will blow us out, but everyone else is beatable with our offense. We have a decent chance Saturday. Not a big chance but decent.

Few things on Bama that gives us a punchers chance - their WR group is weakest I've seen in years. Their OL don't look dominant to me. Their secondary looks the weakest I've seen in years too. A weak secondary playing against a weak WR group in fall may have fooled Bama a little. Those matchups favor MSU.

Not saying we will win but we have a punchers chance if we get a few breaks. Would be better if at home.

RisperDawg
09-13-2022, 10:46 AM
Few things on Bama that gives us a punchers chance - their WR group is weakest I've seen in years. Their OL don't look dominant to me. Their secondary looks the weakest I've seen in years too. A weak secondary playing against a weak WR group in fall may have fooled Bama a little. Those matchups favor MSU.

Not saying we will win but we have a punchers chance if we get a few breaks. Would be better if at home.

To add to your point about the secondary, remember that Saban wanted Marcus Banks to stay. He looked good Saturday, albeit against AZ's second team. Glad we managed to take some of Bama's depth. Ha.

R2Dawg
09-13-2022, 10:55 AM
To add to your point about the secondary, remember that Saban wanted Marcus Banks to stay. He looked good Saturday, albeit against AZ's second team. Glad we managed to take some of Bama's depth. Ha.

Yeah and Banks many say would start at Bama and yet he is 2nd team at MSU - what does that tell you.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2022, 11:31 AM

Good points and I agree.

Offshore Dawg
09-14-2022, 08:01 AM
Who was it that was saying that this was St. Nick's best team in years. But I do remember reading that.

basedog
09-14-2022, 09:13 AM
Who was it that was saying that this was St. Nick's best team in years. But I do remember reading that.

Tusk for sure**

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2022, 09:59 AM

Yes. That is a REALLY bad team we should have put away in the 1st quarter IF we are going to be anywhere near the middle in the SEC. They were driving to tie the game in the late 3rd quarter. We will have a better idea after this weekend.

TrapGame
09-14-2022, 10:18 AM
Yes. That is a REALLY bad team we should have put away in the 1st quarter IF we are going to be anywhere near the middle in the SEC. They were driving to tie the game in the late 3rd quarter. We will have a better idea after this weekend.

You mean the really bad team we turned the ball over twice on and still beat them by three touchdowns with our C game two time zones away? After De Laura got sacked by Tyrus Wheat one time he didn't want anymore. He was running for his life.

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2022, 03:22 PM
You mean the really bad team we turned the ball over twice on and still beat them by three touchdowns with our C game two time zones away? After De Laura got sacked by Tyrus Wheat one time he didn't want anymore. He was running for his life.

They are a REALLY bad team.

TrapGame
09-14-2022, 03:27 PM

That didn't beat us.

BulldogDX55
09-14-2022, 03:28 PM
That didn't beat us.

By 22 on the road at 2am mental time for the team.

TrapGame
09-14-2022, 03:34 PM
By 22 on the road at 2am mental time for the team.

An accomplishment that is pissed on like a bum in an alley for some ungodly reason.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2022, 03:39 PM
An accomplishment that is pissed on like a bum in an alley for some ungodly reason.

Every year when we win it's because the other team sucks or is having a bad year, not because we're good. It's mind blowing. Lather rinse repeat.

Catfish
09-14-2022, 04:16 PM
Every year when we win it's because the other team sucks or is having a bad year, not because we're good. It's mind blowing. Lather rinse repeat.

Yup and by the same bunch.

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2022, 06:35 PM
We were +1 in turnovers.

PikeDawg15
09-14-2022, 07:17 PM
No use in arguing .

We will know what this team is on Saturday night at about 8:30 or 9pm when it ends .

Catfish
09-14-2022, 07:33 PM
No use in arguing .

We will know what this team is on Saturday night at about 8:30 or 9pm when it ends .

Yup, we lose or play bad then him and his buddies will come out from under their rocks.

BulldogBear
09-14-2022, 07:34 PM

Get ready for a lot more of it come Sunday morning. The media's initial position will be focused in the fact that it is not a great LSU team. Beating TAMU won't mean anything either. Maybe if we're undefeated after KY. Maybe then we'll be taken seriously. Maybe.

R2Dawg
09-14-2022, 07:48 PM
No use in arguing .

No it won't be. The narrative will just shift to see told you LSU isn't any good. We still haven't played anybody.

We run the table and go 12-0 and the narrative will be the SEC was down. Bama worst year with Saban. Everyone is down. That is the only way MSU can win anything. Total BS.

Our own fans are some of the worst. We fuss about OM talking up their team for no reason and we bash our accomplishments in the same breath.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2022, 08:25 PM
We were +1 in turnovers.

No we weren't. We had 2 fumbles and an int for 3 tos. They had 3 ints so it's a wash.

Pancho
09-14-2022, 08:26 PM
If we tackle in open space, were fine.........

Commercecomet24
09-14-2022, 08:28 PM
No it won't be. The narrative will just shift to see told you LSU isn't any good. We still haven't played anybody.

We run the table and go 12-0 and the narrative will be the SEC was down. Bama worst year with Saban. Everyone is down. That is the only way MSU can win anything. Total BS.

Our own fans are some of the worst. We fuss about OM talking up their team for no reason and we bash our accomplishments in the same breath.

Great post! Agree 100%! Yep the narrative always shifts. In 2014 we beat 3 top 10 teams in a row then by the end of the year it was "well they weren't good anyways". Same ol bs. You win games in the sec and against p5 teams because you're good period.

BulldogBear
09-14-2022, 09:59 PM
Great post! Agree 100%! Yep the narrative always shifts. In 2014 we beat 3 top 10 teams in a row then by the end of the year it was "well they weren't good anyways". Same ol bs. You win games in the sec and against p5 teams because you're good period.

Don't get me started on the down year narrative BS. People cain't math.

2014 is a great example of the myth of the down year.

LSU loses to State and is 8-4 instead of 9-3

Auburn loses to State and is 8-4 instead of 9-3

TAMU loses to State and is 7-5 instead of 8-4

State wins these three and is 10-2 instead of 7-5

"Normal" would be:

LSU 9-3
Auburn 9-3
TAMU 8-4
MSU 7-5

...but we won those games instead of them. It is just arithmetic. There was no down year. They were "down" because we beat them. Two teams cannot win the same GD football game.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2022, 10:11 PM

"Normal" would be:

LSU 9-3
Auburn 9-3
TAMU 8-4
MSU 7-5

...but we won those games instead of them. It is just arithmetic. There was no down year. They were "down" because we beat them. Two teams cannot win the same GD football game.

Yes sir! There's a few of us on here who get it!

Goldendawg
09-14-2022, 10:57 PM
We State fans are often too hard on our teams even when we win. It's like some expect us to play a perfect game in the victory. How many college teams play perfect games? I often read that Coach Leach wants constant improvement. I think this can and will lead to many victories. A win is a win, enjoy, improve and keep winning. Hail State!

Todd4State
09-15-2022, 01:05 AM

"Normal" would be:

LSU 9-3
Auburn 9-3
TAMU 8-4
MSU 7-5

No one is as quick to dismiss our wins as quickly as the media and some "rational" MSU fans.

Bo Bounds will probably lead the charge followed up by Paul Finebaum.

Todd4State
09-15-2022, 01:07 AM
We State fans are often too hard on our teams even when we win. It's like some expect us to play a perfect game in the victory. How many college teams play perfect games? I often read that Coach Leach wants constant improvement. I think this can and will lead to many victories. A win is a win, enjoy, improve and keep winning. Hail State!

I agree. I think most fans of most SEC schools are like that.

The good news is most of our problems so far appear to be hiccups more than chronic problems. Especially now that maybe we have found a kicker. But I think those hiccups become more glaring when they do happen sometimes even though it's not really the norm.

PGHBulldogBG
09-15-2022, 07:49 AM
We are two games into the season and there is a lot of football left to be played. I think if we come out 5-1 in the first 6 games it will be a nice accomplishment. That means we are really in good position for a 9 win season if the pieces come together. Getting 9 wins at State is a big accomplishment when the team starts un ranked and picked 6th in the west. Mullen did it in 2010,2014,2015 and then Knox got the 9th in 2017. We haven’t won that many games since so if Leach can start doing that it’s a great sign

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2022, 11:29 AM
No we weren't. We had 2 fumbles and an int for 3 tos. They had 3 ints so it's a wash.

Ok, it's a wash. The turnover battle was equal.

Maverick91
09-15-2022, 12:08 PM
Ok, it's a wash. The turnover battle was equal.

It should have been -1 State but you know ripping Marks head off via face mask. That?s not really a penalty anymore.

Goldendawg
09-15-2022, 12:20 PM
It should have been -1 State but you know ripping Marks head off via face mask. That?s not really a penalty anymore.

Was posted here 3 or 4 of the "officials" were from last year's Memphis debacle. If so, how about naming names. Must be part of the lowest rated officials in awful overall SEC crews available. They are more than glad to send us the bottom of the barrel for our OOC games on the road.

BrunswickDawg
09-15-2022, 12:25 PM
Was posted here 3 or 4 of the "officials" were from last year's Memphis debacle. If so, how about naming names. Must be part of the lowest rated officials in awful overall SEC crews available. They are more than glad to send us the bottom of the barrel for our OOC games on the road.

Brent Sowell, Chris Conway, Wes Booker, & Edwardo Balbis were part of both crews

Goldendawg
09-15-2022, 12:33 PM
Brent Sowell, Chris Conway, Wes Booker, & Edwardo Balbis were part of both crews

Can President Keenum or AD Cohen (former baseball coach) not do anything about this? This is a total insult after last year. The AZ "officiating" was as bad as Memphis except for the punt. It was more the multiple missed calls than what little they did call. No wonder we got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct on a coach. This is terrible. These guys are not only incompetent, but have it in for us.

WhiskeyPirate
09-15-2022, 12:36 PM
Can President Keenum or AD Cohen (former baseball coach) not do anything about this? This is a total insult after last year. The AZ "officiating" was as bad as Memphis except for the punt. It was more the multiple missed calls than what little they did call. No wonder we got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct on a coach. This is terrible. These guys are not only incompetent, but have it in for us.
I wouldn’t attribute this to incompetence or malice. This has to be gambling interests. This is a dirty crew.

Offshore Dawg
09-16-2022, 08:00 AM
I wouldn’t attribute this to incompetence or malice. This has to be gambling interests. This is a dirty crew.
I would think that there is more truth to this than people want to believe.

viverlibre
09-16-2022, 09:22 AM

The football have nots, (all except for Bama, UGA, LSU, UF), should band together and demand change in officiating. For staters, list every possible conflict (ie., father played at Bama), have a published grade for each official for each game, have the head of officiating conduct a pubic press conference every Wednesday AM, discipline officials based on their game grade, more egregious calls should count more than a missed 4th quarter holding call in a blow out, hire more officials/ex coaches in the SEC office to provide oversight, grading, etc.

FISHDAWG
09-16-2022, 09:32 AM

And we aren't UGA or Bama .... some folks are expecting more than this team can deliver.... we need to remember who we are and understand that we won't dominate every one we play. ... no they weren't Ohio State but they aren't Bowling Green either... enjoy the win and quit finding ways to shit on it

Desoto1967
09-16-2022, 09:37 AM
Has there been zero false starts so far this season? Need to keep that trend going

TrapGame
09-16-2022, 09:39 AM
And we aren't UGA or Bama .... some folks are expecting more than this team can deliver.... we need to remember who we are and understand that we won't dominate every one we play.

Correct. AZ wasn't like LSU playing Southern. AZ is still a P5 program.

But it still amazes me that a 3 TD win two time zones away at 1am our time is just unacceptable to some folks.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2022, 09:45 AM
And we aren't UGA or Bama .... some folks are expecting more than this team can deliver.... we need to remember who we are and understand that we won't dominate every one we play. ... no they weren't Ohio State but they aren't Bowling Green either... enjoy the win and quit finding ways to shit on it

Bravo, sir!

Percho
09-16-2022, 09:57 AM
Bravo, sir!

This,

This!

NCDawg
09-16-2022, 11:32 AM
I think we have a good team although there are a couple of things I wish we could improve upon. I wish we could be a better blitzing team and get to the QB more, and I wish we could pound the ball in by running when we get on the opponents goal line instead of passing.

viverlibre
09-17-2022, 09:44 PM
Do you folks understand my post now? Arizona was terrible last week and we struggled with them, that was a bad sign for me.