PDA

View Full Version : Scott Frost Gone

Tater
09-11-2022, 12:27 PM
Nebby didn't care about the buyout. Dropped a ton on october 1 but that man coached like he wanted the bag asap.

HoopsDawg
09-11-2022, 12:28 PM
Nebby didn't care about the buyout. Dropped a ton on october 1 but that man coached like he wanted the bag asap.

What? He couldn't wait 2 weeks to save 7.5 million?

TrapGame
09-11-2022, 12:36 PM
Nebraska had to cut bait on this one. This is rock bottom for them.

WSOPdawg
09-11-2022, 12:37 PM

Poor business decisions... Amazing the # of inept front offices in professional sports that are plagued by these (Detroit Lions, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Browns, NY Knicks, etc).

Saltydog
09-11-2022, 12:38 PM
That program is done. Very little national appeal, small recruiting base and fans that expect them to reincarnate Tom Osbourne. I thought Frost was "the chosen one".

Tater
09-11-2022, 12:43 PM
To be honest... I think Frost recruited well and rebuilt the team. A good coach (I think they throw all the money at Kleiman) has them a top 15 team. Frost was 5-22 in 1 score games. Flip script and Nebby has an amazing year last year. I feel coaching threw these two games away for them.

I actually like them to upset OU next week.

WhiskeyPirate
09-11-2022, 12:44 PM
Frank Solich was 58-19 at Nebraska.

They should have went the mid major route like Kansas State. They have a very good replacement for Snyder.

StarkVegasSteve
09-11-2022, 12:57 PM
To be honest... I think Frost recruited well and rebuilt the team. A good coach (I think they throw all the money at Kleiman) has them a top 15 team. Frost was 5-22 in 1 score games. Flip script and Nebby has an amazing year last year. I feel coaching threw these two games away for them.

I actually like them to upset OU next week.

If they are smart, which judging by their coaching choices they are not, they call Dan and make him say no.

Pancho
09-11-2022, 01:01 PM
Dan's wife won't like Nebraska

thf24
09-11-2022, 01:05 PM
If they are smart, which judging by their coaching choices they are not, they call Dan and make him say no.

They need a relentless recruiter to have a prayer at relevancy and I think it's pretty clearly established at this point that Dan's not that guy.

chef dixon
09-11-2022, 01:08 PM
Frost has some of the worst body language for a head guy

CovertDawg
09-11-2022, 01:11 PM
Mark Stoops will use it to get another raise. I think Freeze at least gets an interview.

TrapGame
09-11-2022, 01:45 PM
Mark Stoops will use it to get another raise. I think Freeze at least gets an interview.

Stoops figured out how to play the game. I think Freeze winds up at Auburn. He might get a sit down but I doubt it. Depending on how bad ND slumps in year one with this guy I wouldn't be surprised if ND goes after Urban with relentless abandon.

Goldendawg
09-11-2022, 04:27 PM
Dan's wife won't like Nebraska

No Target, just $ General & Family $. Hail State!

R2Dawg
09-11-2022, 04:46 PM
Not sure anyone can save Nebraska now with the landscape so different. For those old enough to remember, NB was a machine decades ago.

Saban to Lincoln, NB.

Lord McBuckethead
09-12-2022, 08:20 AM
There is no way they shouldn?t hire Mullen right now.

FISHDAWG
09-12-2022, 08:29 AM
No Target, just $ General & Family $. Hail State!

But they do have Bushwood Country Club ** .... actually that was filmed in Ft Lauderdale but don't tell Megan

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 08:36 AM
A Nebraska podcast on YouTube says the rumor is they are throwing a blank check at Urban.

PikeDawg15
09-12-2022, 09:02 AM
A Nebraska podcast on YouTube says the rumor is they are throwing a blank check at Urban.

Urban would rather go to Texas A$M or Auburn. Nebraska needs to realize they will never win a national title ever again and be ok with Dan Mullen taking them to 8-4 possibly 9-3.

He could win the big 10 west because it is weak. Megan wont like Nebraska but she will just have to wait it out until the better jobs opens up

Personally , I think there are going to be so many positions open in college football within the next year or 2

Texas A&M Top Candidate: Lane Kiffin
Auburn Top Candidate : Hugh Freeze
Notre Dame Top Candidate : Luke Fickell
Penn State: Top Candidate : NO idea

Everyone is so quick to fire coaches these days I just hope that Leach has a great season this year so it doesn't give us any ideas.....

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 09:09 AM
Urban would rather go to Texas A$M or Auburn. Nebraska needs to realize they will never win a national title ever again and be ok with Dan Mullen taking them to 8-4 possibly 9-3.

He could win the big 10 west because it is weak. Megan wont like Nebraska but she will just have to wait it out until the better jobs opens up

Personally , I think there are going to be so many positions open in college football within the next year or 2

Texas A&M Top Candidate: Lane Kiffin
Auburn Top Candidate : Hugh Freeze
Notre Dame Top Candidate : Luke Fickell
Penn State: Top Candidate : NO idea

Everyone is so quick to fire coaches these days I just hope that Leach has a great season this year so it doesn't give us any ideas.....

I think Urban winds up at ND. And I don't think Bjork has the stones to fire Jimbo. They'll give him one more year of incompetence.

PikeDawg15
09-12-2022, 09:33 AM
I think Urban winds up at ND. And I don't think Bjork has the stones to fire Jimbo. They'll give him one more year of incompetence.

Look at their schedule. If they lose to Miami Saturday before starting SEC play...... boy they could lose the lockerroom FAST and they could not make a bowl game.

The NIL 5 stars do not have to stay there to keep the money, they can transfer after this year and go anywhere. Jimbo is definitely on the hot seat right now.

He could be 1-5 after the Alabama game very easily.

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 09:37 AM
Look at their schedule. If they lose to Miami Saturday before starting SEC play...... boy they could lose the lockerroom FAST and they could not make a bowl game.

The NIL 5 stars do not have to stay there to keep the money, they can transfer after this year and go anywhere. Jimbo is definitely on the hot seat right now.

He could be 1-5 after the Alabama game very easily.

Jimbo's a snake oil salesman. Bjork is a slime ball. Max Johnson will probably start vs Miami. Either way I look for the portal to be ripe w/ A&M transfers come December.

PikeDawg15
09-12-2022, 10:47 AM
Jimbo's a snake oil salesman. Bjork is a slime ball. Max Johnson will probably start vs Miami. Either way I look for the portal to be ripe w/ A&M transfers come December.

I think Miami beats them this weekend.... he can beat auburn and LSU and maybe possibly ole miss and manage a 6-6 7-5 season but Im not so sure he will adjust his offense because that offense is what he is.

TrapGame
09-12-2022, 11:26 AM
I think Miami beats them this weekend.... he can beat auburn and LSU and maybe possibly ole miss and manage a 6-6 7-5 season but Im not so sure he will adjust his offense because that offense is what he is.

They call Leach a dinosaur but Jimbo is running the same O as 2003 with Saban at LSU.

parabrave
09-12-2022, 11:44 AM
They need a relentless recruiter to have a prayer at relevancy and I think it's pretty clearly established at this point that Dan's not that guy.

They need a guy who can recruit SoCal like they used to.

PGHBulldogBG
09-12-2022, 12:38 PM
I don’t think Nebraska will be able to get a big name nowadays like they might have been able too in the past. That’s the reason they had to go with Frost who really wasn’t proven enough yet. I realize their fans probably think they can land an Urban Meyer type hire, but I doubt that will happen. Frost wasn’t even a Power 5 coach and even we landed Leach. They might need to go a power 5 coordinator route. Maybe they could look at Fickell but Cincy is going to be power 5 now and pulling him away from his home state might be hard. Kleiman might be an option, but I feel like their fans would not be thrilled with him even though he has been solid at KState

Maverick91
09-12-2022, 01:24 PM
They have got to do what arky did. Find someone that fits your school like a glove that forced your team to play mean and nasty and will bring in good to great coordinators and build your program. They have the talent to do what arky does.

parabrave
09-12-2022, 01:39 PM
They have got to do what arky did. Find someone that fits your school like a glove that forced your team to play mean and nasty and will bring in good to great coordinators and build your program. They have the talent to do what arky does.

What about Bert Belima?

Maverick91
09-12-2022, 01:50 PM
What about Bert Belima?

I mean maybe? I think belima matches the true big10 more so than a big12 team trying to play big10 ball.

Arky figured out who they are and went out and found a coach that matches them.

I think Nebraska keeps trying to land a big fish for a big fish sake and that?s just not going to work.

PikeDawg15
09-12-2022, 01:58 PM
They call Leach a dinosaur but Jimbo is running the same O as 2003 with Saban at LSU.

I heard someone say yesterday that he should try to steal Kendall Briles from Arkansas to be his OC and said that is basically what saban did but jimbo is the offensive guy.... that is his offense that they are running. If the offense isn't working they are just going to have to find a new Head Coach.

Not sold that they will fire him this year ( If he is at least 6-6)

farawaydawg
09-13-2022, 03:13 PM
I am a first time poster. I have trolled this board for two years just because I have been a fan of Mike Leach since he was OC at Oklahoma. I have enjoyed watching all of you go through all the phases of being a Mike Leach follower. IT has been fun. I will start posting here now that I have introduced myself. In sticking with this topic though...I live in Nebraska and I arrived shortly before the Husker dynasty started in the 90s. I watched the players impregnate half the girls in Lincoln (I am only slightly kidding), and I have watched the Huskers tread water for the last 20 years. I can tell you right now Nebraska's problem isn't just coaching--It is a lot of things but I am going to call it like I see it as I have boots on the ground in Lincoln and all around. Nebraska is stuck in the past (that is what we do around here) and wants the glory days back. IMO after rooming with, hanging out with, and being a part of this football culture, it is very obvious what Nebraska needs. If you read the local papers down here you would think that Nebraska is the most talented team in the B1G and SF screwed it up. I see good players, not great ones. MSU would dog stomp nebraska into oblivion because there is a lack of talent. Nebraska just needs an identity and the donors think that is option football. The players think that is doing what everyone else is doing. It is a fine line. I have given you all this information without much context and I could elaborate--However, IMO again I will leave it at this-Nebraska culture is what it is and needs a forcible change all at once.-I think for many reasons, it is time for Nebraska to think outside of the box and hire someone that is charismatic, the opposite of what they want and exactly what they need. There is not a hotbed of recruiting even close, everyone hates the winters, and option football is not sexy to todays players. Nebraska has to go all in on the option in some form--OR they need to hire the most off the wall person to get the job done. Here are my top 3 choices.... Jeff Monken, JAmie Chadwell, and--dont take this as being racist...Nebraska needs to hire their first coach of color--and no I am not WOKE. I know it sounds crazy but I am thinking Deion Sanders would be a perfect fit. I say that with all due respect and as a person of color living in this state. going back to something I said earlier... Most of those players from the 90s have kids playing football in HS in this state and dont even send their super athletic kids to Nebraska because the huskers expect local talent to walk on, leaving scholarships for out of state talent. It's a crazy deal. These ex players that I generally see on a weekly basis would absolutely send their kids to play for Sanders--Even if he bombed out the cupboard would not be bare--They should probably hire me as a member of the search committee. You are welcome Nebraska. Sorry for this inarticulate rant but I had some things to get off my chest.