PDA

View Full Version : The 2022 Difference

BlackSailsDawg
09-11-2022, 11:58 AM
This is the result of hard work. This is the result of buying in. Last season we were in close games because of mistakes. Some we won, some we lost. We didn't fold in any of those games, but the mistakes were not helped by stalled drives. We saw flashes of greatness in come backs to troubling losses due to missed FGs and bad calls.

What's the 2022 difference? We saw it last night. Horrible calls that threatened to put AZ back in the game. Remember on the goal line? Walley makes a great cut and is going to be open and Will throws a perfect pass. The defender was latched onto his jersey, pulling it. That pull helped him recover and threw Walley off enough to see the ball drop to the ground. The very next play, RaRa was the target and in the endzone, we saw the defender in a bear hug as if he had not seen his best friend RaRa in years. Replay clearly showed his left arm wrapped around him. His right, on the collar of RaRa's left shoulder. When the embrace was over, the defender released the hug, and pushed down on the collar of RaRa to jump up keeping RaRa lower. We kick FG.

We saw some moments of "here we go". Like a perfect pass to Ducking, the guy who caught a pass in the endzone with one hand and kept it in one hand while being tackled, simply not catch it and the result was an INT. What about the fumbles? Remember the Williams TD called back? What about that 15 yard penalty on a coach to give them the first down? What's the 2022 difference?

The in-between moments. We took care of business with authority on both sides. We executed better. And every time AZ acted like they wanted to get back into it, we took control. We didn't allow the mistakes nor the calls or lack of dictate to us, to get in our head. We put on our bigs and said, fine... let's get back to work! At no point did we have those dear in headlights moments. It was more of a "NOT TODAY!" We lost several of these type games last year. so far... 1-0 on them.

What's the 2022 Difference? Call it what you want. I call it "been there, done that, we ain't going back".

parabrave
09-11-2022, 12:02 PM
And don't forget these are SEC Refs/ Just wait til next week.

WhiskeyPirate
09-11-2022, 12:07 PM
That was not mistaken, bad or incompetent calls. Those were corrupt, dirty blatant cheating calls.

Makes me wonder if they aren’t sending us a message, not to expect to get to uppity and upset the apple cart. More likely it was gambling interests.

Dirty Bastages. Second worst officiating I’ve seen in a college game.

TrapGame
09-11-2022, 12:12 PM
And don't forget these are SEC Refs/ Just wait til next week.

FWIW, half those refs were on the 2021 Memphis crew. They should never be allowed to call our games again. You see the fumble but not the blatant face mask that caused it? C'mon.

BlackSailsDawg
09-11-2022, 12:18 PM
That was not mistaken, bad or incompetent calls. Those were corrupt, dirty blatant cheating calls.

Makes me wonder if they aren’t sending us a message, not to expect to get to uppity and upset the apple cart. More likely it was gambling interests.

Dirty Bastages. Second worst officiating I’ve seen in a college game.

What they did last year only made us more determined to not let that have an effect on the out come. This is going to happen again.