PDA

View Full Version : Sign of the times

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2022, 09:06 AM
Anybody notice last night, especially with AZ, when the announcers called out a player they always added the phrase "the transfer from..."? It's sad to me when it seems the bulk of the players are not at the school they signed with and instead are portal guys.

msstate7
09-11-2022, 09:09 AM
I hate it also. College football just doesn't do it for me like it used to. Still like it, but I'm more interested in nfl these days

Cooterpoot
09-11-2022, 09:11 AM
I didn't hear it for us. Mathews & Charlton are about the only ones playing meaningful snaps. Calvin has and I hope he's not much anymore. He's been terrible.

Maroonthirteen
09-11-2022, 10:02 AM
I heard it but didn't think much of it during our game. Because I knew Arizona was bad and needed to adjust their roster. However, I have noticed watching College football final, it seems every game recap has a mention of a transfer.

My only concern with it.....it seems our transfers aren't contributing much, while other teams seem to be improving their starting lineup.

RisperDawg
09-11-2022, 10:17 AM
I didn't hear it for us. Mathews & Charlton are about the only ones playing meaningful snaps. Calvin has and I hope he's not much anymore. He's been terrible.

Jalen Green too. Three of the four we've mentioned have been here at least a season though. I think that's a good sign that we're not having to plug holes with guys.

Obviously our special teams is a transfer portal cavalcade.

parabrave
09-11-2022, 10:19 AM
Anybody notice last night, especially with AZ, when the announcers called out a player they always added the phrase "the transfer from..."? It's sad to me when it seems the bulk of the players are not at the school they signed with and instead are portal guys.

Seemed like their entire team came from UCLA or USC.