PDA

View Full Version : Ok?.so after 2 games I?m not sure if we?re as good or just fortunate

Thick
09-11-2022, 02:31 AM
The first 3 teams are not very good with LSU being talented, but first year coaches struggle in the SEC. Lots of games to be played, but I?m not sold on this team. The Zona QB wouldn?t start at Vandy, and quite honestly, a good OC with a competent QB will give us fits.

Tonight we could have rushed for 200 yds tonight, but we refuse to take what?s given to us. I?m not complaining, but when we have an advantage we should continue until we?re forced to mix it up!

Schultzy
09-11-2022, 02:36 AM
But if not for the fumble late (should’ve gotten down) and interception earlier (should’ve caught it) it’s a massive blowout.

TNDawg35
09-11-2022, 02:52 AM
Our fans bitch to just bitch… we won by 22 against a team that looked improved and was pumped up AND the refs… read that again. WE WON BY 22…

BrunswickDawg
09-11-2022, 08:20 AM
But if not for the fumble late (should’ve gotten down) and interception earlier (should’ve caught it) it’s a massive blowout.

A late fumble caused by a facemask that wasn't called. Not going to fault the RB on that.

We had a couple a bad drops and WR turnovers and our QB still completed 79% of his passes, had another 300 yard game. We had another 100 yard rushing game (which helps our passing), and after the first drive our D only gave up 240 yards. We were also 6/6 in the Red Zone.

Little sloppy, terrible Memphis Ref crew, and late night, I'll take the win and be happy.

PikeDawg15
09-11-2022, 08:38 AM
I agree with you , I was on the 9-3 train before the start of the season .

Yesterday was a weird day of college football , an awesome day.

But , Even tho we aren?t as great as I thought , Texas A&M, auburn , LSU, Alabama . Aren?t as good as I thought . Arkansas is good but they let a bad South Carolina team score 30 on them at home.

Im not sold on us but damn im not sold on anyone else in the sec west .

I think we are in for a wild year in the sec west and college football .

Also we wont know anything about ole miss until kentucky . They played central freaking Arkansas yesterday and lane kiffin was going for it on 4th down and 10 while up 41-0 because he?s a POS .

And Kentucky?s offense scored 10 points and should?ve lost to Florida but Richardson threw 2 horrible pick 6?s .

Cooterpoot
09-11-2022, 09:09 AM
AL and GA are still the best. AR and KY look like they're behind them. Then it's a damn pile of teams nobody can really figure out but all have potential and holes. AU looks bad. MO isn't good. SC isn't good. Vandy sucks. The rest is just going to shake out. If we win this week, I feel great! Lose and I think we're the same as we've been for the most part.
We're just so sloppy. Both games have been sloppy blowouts vs bad teams. We won't get away with that in SEC play.
This week is huge.

Wade Garrett
09-11-2022, 09:35 AM
People are not bitching about how much we beat them by. The issue is that we have rarely played an entire game that we didn’t sleepwalk through at least 1 quarter. If you clean that up, we win at least 3 more games last year. Yes a 3 TD win on the road is great. There are teams on our schedule that will bury us if we play them like we played last night.

TrapGame
09-11-2022, 09:36 AM
The first 3 teams are not very good with LSU being talented, but first year coaches struggle in the SEC. Lots of games to be played, but I?m not sold on this team. The Zona QB wouldn?t start at Vandy, and quite honestly, a good OC with a competent QB will give us fits.

Tonight we could have rushed for 200 yds tonight, but we refuse to take what?s given to us. I?m not complaining, but when we have an advantage we should continue until we?re forced to mix it up!

I disagree Thick. De Laura would start at Vandy and South Carolina. He's a decent QB. But, our defense got into his head. He'd never seen anything like that. It also helped that Cowing and Middleton got alligator arms after a couple of brutal hits in the second half.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2022, 09:42 AM
The second half started after 12 Mississippi time. It had to have an effect on their brains during the game. Then playing football adding to the tiredness.

TheLostDawg
09-11-2022, 09:47 AM
People are not bitching about how much we beat them by. The issue is that we have rarely played an entire game that we didn’t sleepwalk through at least 1 quarter. If you clean that up, we win at least 3 more games last year. Yes a 3 TD win on the road is great. There are teams on our schedule that will bury us if we play them like we played last night.

At least we know who our kicker is now

Wade Garrett
09-11-2022, 10:03 AM

True.

TNDawg35
09-11-2022, 12:48 PM

As Stale Cracker would say, Dat Dudes Money…. Hell he was kicking them out of the back of the endzone on kickoffs. He looked really good all the way around…

SailingDawg
09-11-2022, 01:07 PM
The second half started after 12 Mississippi time. It had to have an effect on their brains during the game. Then playing football adding to the tiredness.

What time did they get home this morning?

WhiskeyPirate
09-11-2022, 01:24 PM
I’m trying to figure out how the game started at ten and I was turning the tv off at two AM

CaptainObvious
09-11-2022, 01:38 PM
I’m trying to figure out how the game started at ten and I was turning the tv off at two AM

A bunch of penalties. A bunch of dropped or incomplete passes. A bunch of 3 min 15 sec. TV timeouts. On three occasions they took a TV timeout after a TD, came back for the Kickoff that went thru the End Zone, then took another TV time out. That is 6.5 minutes wrapped around a 5 second play. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

No BS Dawg
09-11-2022, 01:40 PM
They had all kinds of issues getting home. I think they finally landed at home around 11:00 this morning.

Goldendawg
09-11-2022, 04:42 PM
I disagree Thick. De Laura would start at Vandy and South Carolina. He's a decent QB. But, our defense got into his head. He'd never seen anything like that. It also helped that Cowing and Middleton got alligator arms after a couple of brutal hits in the second half.

His body language on the field & sidelines late in the game led me to believe he thinks he is a lot better than he really is.

WhiskeyPirate
09-11-2022, 04:46 PM
His body language on the field & sidelines late in the game led me to believe he thinks he is a lot better than he really is.

He and his teammates were laughing on the sidelines after he threw a pick. I guess that’s the chemistry you get from 50 mercenaries/free agents. Fisch gets more media hype than he deserves.

Goldendawg
09-11-2022, 04:53 PM
He and his teammates were laughing on the sidelines after he threw a pick. I guess that?s the chemistry you get from 50 mercenaries/free agents. Fisch gets more media hype than he deserves.

Yep. NIL and Transfer portal for instant playing time is going to kill team chemistry and loyalty to the university for many programs in the next few years.

Cowbell
09-11-2022, 05:34 PM
Yep. NIL and Transfer portal for instant playing time is going to kill team chemistry and loyalty to the university for many programs in the next few years.

A&M says NIL works....oh wait....

Maroonthirteen
09-11-2022, 06:29 PM
I agree. Wins vs Memphis and on the road v a P5 opponent, I can say we are better than we were last year. I don't know how the rest of the year will play out but....we will have a winning season for sure.

Changes from last year, it seems to me that State executes on offense much better. Memphis and AZ both tried to sit back in the 3-drop 8. However, Rogers and WRs have improved so much that they pick that defense apart. If I remember correctly, both Memphis and AZ had to resort to more 4 man rushes and blitzes to slow us down. AZ adjusted to our run game later in the game. Regardless, we are forcing teams to commit more rush because they know Rogers will pick them apart otherwise.

I think we improved in that we faced a little adversity with missed PATs, turnovers and penalties but still able to over come those obstacles. We have to clean that up for SEC play. However, I like the left footed kicker.

My one worry is speed on the front 6/7 on defense. Do we have enough speed to get the QB on the ground and make open field tackles vs the SEC. We will see next week as we face LSU one read and run QB. ALso, the opponents DLs will only get better. Can we continue to hold our own along the LOS and give Rogers time?

BlackSailsDawg
09-11-2022, 07:47 PM
Memphis and AZ both tried to sit back in the 3-drop 8. However, Rogers and WRs have improved so much that they pick that defense apart. If I remember correctly, both Memphis and AZ had to resort to more 4 man rushes and blitzes to slow us down.

Yes sir. When that's all you see, it's what you are use to. Now, that doesn't work for opponents as much. At the beginning of Rogers first year and into the 2nd year, we could see him develop the eye for it. This year he is off to a great start with it. Even more so, the OL! Credit where it is due.

RocketDawg
09-11-2022, 07:59 PM

Tucson's altitude is about 2400 feet, which has a certain effect, added to two time zone changes and playing what would be a late game in our own time zone.