PDA

View Full Version : Perception V Reality

Maverick91
09-08-2022, 02:13 PM
There is no way to say this but bluntly.

I absolutely love the dudes that are rocking the no shirt painted chest look at every home game, knock your socks off have a blast. BUT! It is not attractive! We are not going to be winning any type of media love when every single time the camera pans to our students they pan to those dudes. It is great for them and the atmosphere of the stadium, those dudes are always rocking and hyped. But, seriously every other school has more attractive fans in easy spots for the camera to pan over. I know that we have sorority sections, why are they not in a better spot? I get that we are poor middatippy tate and the big boys with their shirts off going crazy is fun and matches the perception that the media wants to give. But, can we not put our more attractive students in the spots that will automatically be seen by the cameras? It isn't a good perception and it isn't the reality of State.

This is the stuff where I feel like our admin is shooting themselves in the foot, there is a reason why we have attractive ambassadors. Its the perception that you want to put out in the world.

BulldogDX55
09-08-2022, 02:34 PM
I didn't really notice because I was busy watching the game and not judging how attractive I found the boys with the painted chests.

Every school has students like this. Chill.

SmokeyDawg
09-08-2022, 02:35 PM
"Mr. Maverick, what you've just said... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Now, pics of your hot daughter or your point is void.

Jack Lambert
09-08-2022, 02:38 PM
I didn't really notice because I was busy watching the game and not judging how attractive I found the boys with the painted chests.

Every school has students like this. Chill.

You saying you found them attractive?*****

NCMSTFAN
09-08-2022, 02:40 PM
Easily one of the strangest post I've ever read. Do people really pay attention to that kind of stuff?

TrapGame
09-08-2022, 02:42 PM
So, I guess you missed the chicks in sport bras with painted chests. I saw three or four shots of them before the lightening.

Or we could be like LSU and the camera panned to the group of worn out NOLA cougars on their third husband and fourth facelift. Yikes.

BulldogDX55
09-08-2022, 02:43 PM
Easily one of the strangest post I've ever read. Do people really pay attention to that kind of stuff?

At least one person does.

Offshore Dawg
09-08-2022, 03:01 PM
Camera operators usually find nice sets of baby feeders.

BeardoMSU
09-08-2022, 03:26 PM
chicks in sport bras

I think the bras were painted on..***

Maverick91
09-08-2022, 03:35 PM
Are you serious with me right now?

I?m not trying to sit here and say that we should be having some kind of smoke show situation up there. Quite the contrary. I?ll put it like this, the cameras show those dudes so much it?s like do we have any other students? Do we have any other fans?

Watch pretty much any other team when the cameras pan to the fans USUALLY find our version of those dudes in their stands, Georgia has their group that put on those weird pads and paint their whole body red. Cool knock yourself out. But the camera will also pan to normal looking people, and find the sorority section as well. It happens with every other school but ours. It?s the perception that the media wants to portray. Auburn I feel like will always pan over their whole student section.

HancockCountyDog
09-08-2022, 04:35 PM
There is no way to say this but bluntly.

I absolutely love the dudes that are rocking the no shirt painted chest look at every home game, knock your socks off have a blast. BUT! It is not attractive! We are not going to be winning any type of media love when every single time the camera pans to our students they pan to those dudes. It is great for them and the atmosphere of the stadium, those dudes are always rocking and hyped. But, seriously every other school has more attractive fans in easy spots for the camera to pan over. I know that we have sorority sections, why are they not in a better spot? I get that we are poor middatippy tate and the big boys with their shirts off going crazy is fun and matches the perception that the media wants to give. But, can we not put our more attractive students in the spots that will automatically be seen by the cameras? It isn't a good perception and it isn't the reality of State.

This is the stuff where I feel like our admin is shooting themselves in the foot, there is a reason why we have attractive ambassadors. Its the perception that you want to put out in the world.

Time to step away from the computer.

Pancho
09-08-2022, 04:40 PM
go kill a few beers

PGHBulldogBG
09-08-2022, 04:55 PM
One thing I can say with pretty strong confidence is that the Arizona fans visiting our board this week got some very entertaining threads to read.

was21
09-08-2022, 04:56 PM
give it up

BulldogBear
09-08-2022, 05:21 PM
Literally every college game ever has those guys in stands. And every game ever broadcasted shows that school's version of those guys.

DownwardDawg
09-08-2022, 06:04 PM
As a lifelong Mississippian who now resides in Tennessee, when they showed those dudes I smiled and said "that's my people".

99jc
09-08-2022, 06:27 PM
As a lifelong Mississippian who now resides in Tennessee, when they showed those dudes I smiled and said "that's my people".

And i actually thought look at those fatasses! i guess its all-in perception!

DownwardDawg
09-08-2022, 06:41 PM
And i actually thought look at those fatasses! i guess its all-in perception!

Haha!!!

Cowbell
09-08-2022, 07:20 PM
You got it all backwards. The media portrays what they want to at the games. There is a reason they look for ladies at the grove / it's all about school marketing

lastmajordog
09-08-2022, 09:09 PM
I’ve commented on this before......The DOGS and STARKVILLE need to work on a better regional/national image.....JMHO

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-08-2022, 09:52 PM
Maverick, Cowbell and Major are spot on with this.

Dawgology
09-08-2022, 10:52 PM
Hhhwhat?

TALL DAWG
09-09-2022, 07:07 AM
What we need are 9 co-eds with nice Twin Peaks to go topless, paint the sides of their Twin Peaks maroon, paint their areolae?s white and paint the letters for Hail State on their stomachs.
That should cover it and would get our TV ratings UP***

Dawgology
09-09-2022, 08:00 AM
Areola is a word I though I’d never read on this message board. Check that off the list.

FISHDAWG
09-09-2022, 08:18 AM
Areola is a word I though I?d never read on this message board. Check that off the list.

I laughed at this and have to admit after thinking about it I didn't either ... so true - have some rep

State82
09-09-2022, 08:50 AM
Areola is a word I though I’d never read on this message board. Check that off the list.

No doubt. I dare anyone to top this.

GeorgeBailey
09-09-2022, 09:00 AM
One thing is for sure, this post will definitely help our "reality".

https://twitter.com/BoardGeniuses/status/1568234015915753473?s=20&t=C7dhDBq7RL0X7mE2EnV_aQ

PGHBulldogBG
09-09-2022, 09:02 AM
Beat Bama or UGA this year and we get the national attention. If we beat 1 of them this year and end up with 9 wins the attention will come to State. We got a lot of attention in 2014 when we got to number 1. It’s all about being able to win big games.

was21
09-09-2022, 09:04 AM
Be hard to lick that

Tater
09-09-2022, 10:13 AM
https://twitter.com/boardgeniuses/status/1568234015915753473?s=21&t=TeKCEzv9ccth2tlieBoNIg

This post is definitely helping our national perception

Maverick91
09-09-2022, 11:47 AM
Being honest, this thread has gotten aggravating, and stepped into a place that I didn?t want it to go. Especially with it being moved to Twitter!

I didn?t mean any disrespect to anyone especially our students.

Admin could you guys take this thread down? It?s not doing anyone any good.

Tripp McNeely
09-09-2022, 12:10 PM
https://twitter.com/boardgeniuses/status/1568234015915753473?s=21&t=TeKCEzv9ccth2tlieBoNIg

This post is definitely helping our national perception

Mods should have deleted this thread WAAAYY before it got to this point...geeze

FISHDAWG
09-09-2022, 12:14 PM
that account has almost 55,000 followers ... this isn't a good look

LC Dawg
09-09-2022, 12:24 PM
Being honest, this thread has gotten aggravating, and stepped into a place that I didn?t want it to go. Especially with it being moved to Twitter!

I didn?t mean any disrespect to anyone especially our students.

Admin could you guys take this thread down? It?s not doing anyone any good.

Too late now.