04-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Wish I could be there. Great effort by our fans

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-20-2013, 04:21 PM
12k and theyre still pouring in

engie
04-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Bob Carskadon ?@bobcarskadon 3m
Was just told by someone that they ran out of actual tickets. "They just told me to walk on in." Biggest crowd in years.

8k or less -- our fans are terrible and don't show up anymore**

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-20-2013, 04:37 PM
possible to sniff 13k today. Packed everywhere and grandstand is getting full.

maroonmania
04-20-2013, 04:54 PM
possible to sniff 13k today. Packed everywhere and grandstand is getting full.

Hope the large home crowd doesn't put undue pressure on our players. Polk apparently thought that was a problem.

TopDog58
04-20-2013, 04:58 PM
8k or less -- our fans are terrible and don't show up anymore**

Let's not start that shit here. This board is so refreshing to read right now without all the Sixpack bullshit. Let's just leave it to that dying board, please.

maroonmania
04-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Nice clutch 2 out 2 RBI hit by Ammarati. Way to go Nick.

engie
04-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Let's not start that shit here. This board is so refreshing to read right now without all the Sixpack bullshit. Let's just leave it to that dying board, please.

Thanks for reading**

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

engie
04-20-2013, 05:07 PM
michaelboone ?@michaelboone 2m
Holy cow..tons of people standing on the street just standing trying to see between rigs

No possible way they get an accurate count on today's game between this fact -- and the fact that they actually ran out of tickets. Know they had to have 12 or 13k of those...

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-20-2013, 05:09 PM
they werent prepared for this crowd. We could have sniffed the record today.

engie
04-20-2013, 05:11 PM
they werent prepared for this crowd. We could have sniffed the record today.

Agreed.

Same thing as the Sat SR game against Clemson when they firemarshalled the outfield and sent the overflow to the Hump...

TopDog58
04-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks for reading**

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

No, it's not. That was exactly my point. Can we not just do our own thing here without bringing over that Sixpack bullshit? So far, it's been nice reading this board without all the sarcasm and smart ass comments with people trying to be Sixpack cool in every thread.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Engie was pointing out from a month ago when folks said we arent what we use to be. Engie is one of the best posters here. He wasnt trying to be sixpack cool. He was just joking. Chill out alice. This board is great and it would be nice to keep it that way.

Welcome.

engie
04-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Engie was pointing out from a month ago when folks said we arent what we use to be. Engie is one of the best posters here. He wasnt trying to be sixpack cool. He was just joking. Chill out alice. This board is great and it would be nice to keep it that way.

Welcome.

Exactly. Thanks Ennis...

This may not be SPS -- but it's not Gene's Page either. I try hard to contribute alot over here -- If I want to make an off-color comment about baseball in a joking manner, when I've(literally) been called out in every series loss and almost every game lost this year on one board or another(ask Coach -- he fully realizes how it's been) -- and had to defend the position tooth-and-nail (that we are a top 8-12 team in the country) since December -- and that our people are STILL the best baseball fanbase in the country that are just waiting on a team to give them a good reason to come back -- I feel like I'm pretty entitled to said comment at this point... at least until Slick or Coach find it to not be in the best interest of the board...

Fact is, responding to it(which I didn't expect nor actually want anyone to do) twice simply made it a way bigger deal than it was...

CadaverDawg
04-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Exactly. Thanks Ennis...

This may not be SPS -- but it's not Gene's Page either. I try hard to contribute alot over here -- If I want to make an off-color comment about baseball in a joking manner, when I've(literally) been called out in every series loss and almost every game lost this year on one board or another(ask Coach -- he fully realizes how it's been) -- and had to defend the position tooth-and-nail (that we are a top 8-12 team in the country) since December -- and that our people are STILL the best baseball fanbase in the country that are just waiting on a team to give them a good reason to come back -- I feel like I'm pretty entitled to said comment at this point... at least until Slick or Coach find it to not be in the best interest of the board...

Fact is, responding to it(which I didn't expect nor actually want anyone to do) twice simply made it a way bigger deal than it was...

Boom.

+1 reputation point

Coach34
04-20-2013, 08:22 PM
No, it's not. That was exactly my point. Can we not just do our own thing here without bringing over that Sixpack bullshit? So far, it's been nice reading this board without all the sarcasm and smart ass comments with people trying to be Sixpack cool in every thread.

TopDog58- I get where you are coming from. I really do. However, I dont mind Engie posting that. Goat and some others at Sixpack really got on his ass about him saying the crowd would be huge and we would pack it out this weekend.

I'm all for Engie telling them to eat a dick...he wasnt getting on anybody around here at all.

Coach34
04-20-2013, 08:32 PM
I feel like I'm pretty entitled to said comment at this point... at least until Slick or Coach find it to not be in the best interest of the board...

This is not a Kumbaya board. Like a family of brothers, there will be some disagreements and arguments around this place. Just stay factual, point out where you think people are wrong, and refrain from calling them a stupid ********** and we will be alright.

ScoobaDawg
04-20-2013, 09:42 PM
No possible way they get an accurate count on today's game between this fact -- and the fact that they actually ran out of tickets. Know they had to have 12 or 13k of those...

I was actually referring to the road behind LFL that allows access to the baseball offices. I dont see if people weren't allowed in over on the right field side.
It was great, I was thinking it would be 13. or 14 but less than the super regional deciding game (I'll always remember how crazy that was...) but than the number came out and I fully believe it even if it is a PAID Number.

What an impressive showing by the fans. With no LT to close the gates this time around..what kind of number could we put up before the fire Marshall does close the gates. We could of had 20k easy vs Clemson in the Super Regional.

engie
04-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Agreed...

There were THOUSANDS sent to the Hump in the Clemson S/R...

WeWillScrewItUp
04-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Watching Arky and A&M on ESPNU and the announcer that called the game Thursday night is still raving about the Left Field Lounges. Also they said we had an announced attendance of 14,563 I think is what it was.

msstate7
04-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Watching Arky and A&M on ESPNU and the announcer that called the game Thursday night is still raving about the Left Field Lounges. Also they said we had an announced attendance of 14,563 I think is what it was.

Do you guys think we'll match or surpass today's attendance if we host a regional? Spring game today certainly helped our attendance

WeWillScrewItUp
04-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Do you guys think we'll match or surpass today's attendance if we host a regional? Spring game today certainly helped our attendance

I believe we get close to matching it if we host. If we surpass it I hope we blow it clear out of the water and set a new record.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-20-2013, 10:24 PM
I was there in 89 and there on the saturday super in 07. I think it is semantics. they could get 20k in there if they would let us. There really is no room when it comes to concessions or bathrooms. Our facility is there to service around 4k.

that said, our crowds took a dive when they stopped the saturday double headers. The sunday game killed our attendance and it has been downhill for the last 20 years or so. We still are a sleeping giant and getting back but we need a championship and a few top 5 years in a row.

engie
04-20-2013, 10:26 PM

We will match and surpass if we host. Stricklin will need to get creative to support the number of people that actually want to be in there for that game -- I'm talking temp concessions and restrooms AT LEAST.

We are going to pack the joint the next 2 home weekends too IMO(by pack, I mean 10k paid or thereabouts) -- Alabama series is always pretty big(especially if we somehow manage to win the Vandy series) and the South Carolina series against the 3-time national championship series team -- hopefully to lock up a host site and potentially a national seed -- will be huge.

If we host, it'll be absolutely insanity...

HereComesTheSpiral
04-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Attendance for hosting might be a record setter. The fans are definitely more excited about this team than they were about the 2007 team.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't today's attendance move us into all top 10 attendance spots for NCAA Baseball.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
07 was weird. It was almost like....we are undefeated but we know we suck. Kind of like croom in 08 or mullenz last year. Just watching the teams, you knew we werent good.

Will James
04-20-2013, 10:47 PM
07 was weird. It was almost like....we are undefeated but we know we suck. Kind of like croom in 08 or mullenz last year. Just watching the teams, you knew we werent good.

06 was the undefeated yet sorry team.

engie
04-20-2013, 10:48 PM

It was 06 that we were undefeated and the wheels came off in the SEC season...

07 we were actually pretty good but inconsistent throughout the year. Went 2 and out in the SEC tourney but played well -- Jeffrey Rea gave a great news conference speech -- and we caught fire in Tallahassee.

07 would PALE in comparison to this year if we can get it done -- especially if we could be a national seed. Difference is that everyone knows this year that we would actually belong -- we wouldn't be there because of luck on a wing and a prayer...

Will James
04-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Today almost set the all time record. If we do host this year, Katie bar the door.

I agree Engie there has got to be multiple bathrooms and concessions in the outfield. We should make a full effort to DESTROY the record if we host. I'm talking break that mother****er where nobody else can come within 5K of touching us. Cement ourselves at the top.

CadaverDawg
04-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Today almost set the all time record. If we do host this year, Katie bar the door.

I agree Engie there has got to be multiple bathrooms and concessions in the outfield. We should make a full effort to DESTROY the record if we host. I'm talking break that mother****er where nobody else can come within 5K of touching us. Cement ourselves at the top.

I agree. We could legitimately set a new record and then break it win a week or two if we can get a National seed and host a Super Regional. Damn I hope this team keeps it's foot on the gas pedal. It could be a fun couple of months coming up.

Does the lack of pitching depth concern you any right now? I mean, we have it, we just don't use it.

Will James
04-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Meh, we're winning while having 2 MLB arms on the bench. They are our wild card for sure in a Omaha format. Especially Woodruff. Just sucks having two head cases of their caliber with the team we got.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-20-2013, 11:11 PM
I agree. We could legitimately set a new record and then break it win a week or two if we can get a National seed and host a Super Regional. Damn I hope this team keeps it's foot on the gas pedal. It could be a fun couple of months coming up.

Does the lack of pitching depth concern you any right now? I mean, we have it, we just don't use it.

Pitching depth is a concern but like you said we have it, we just don't use it. I did like Fitts yesterday. Hopefully another guy or 2 can step up and we start seeing a couple more pitchers take the mound and do well on a consistent basis.

msstate7
04-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Meh, we're winning while having 2 MLB arms on the bench. They are our wild card for sure in a Omaha format. Especially Woodruff. Just sucks having two head cases of their caliber with the team we got.

If only we could put pollo's heart in their bodies.

RTO Dawg
04-21-2013, 07:46 AM
thought I heard 14,552 someone on the truck said 3rd largest crowd..

engie
04-21-2013, 11:09 AM
2nd largest!

slickdawg
04-21-2013, 11:18 AM
We still are a sleeping giant and getting back but we need a championship and a few top 5 years in a row.

Boy are we ever. Yesterday showed that. Cohen still has room to improve, and he's doing so. The three day weekend will be hard to overcome, Saturday doubleheaders made it worth the trip from Jackson.