PDA

View Full Version : National media

Maverick91
09-07-2022, 09:55 PM
The echo chamber that is our national media is really annoying. I used to look forward to reading all the headlines, but now it?s just the same information different mouth. I open google and the first three football articles are all saying the same thing. Kirk loves Bennett at Georgia, Dan Mullen loves Bennett and Florida?s guy, Arron Murray loves Bennett and Florida?s guy.

I mean do these guys really enjoy going to work? Like they can?t have an original thought? There is no way all three of them thought the same thing. Not one of them likes Will?s performance? What about Vandy there quarter is going to keep them in some games this year.

The media needs an overhaul. I want to see original thought. HAILSTATE

BeardoMSU
09-07-2022, 10:49 PM
If we beat LSU, the hype machine will start rolling. Then it will be on us to deliver.

Todd4State
09-08-2022, 01:47 AM
If we beat LSU, the hype machine will start rolling. Then it will be on us to deliver.

We need to beat Bama at some point. THAT will move the needle.

Cooterpoot
09-08-2022, 05:35 AM

Will it? LSU sucks. Our own media doesn't even help us out. We've got the worst presence within the media of any school in America.

basedog
09-08-2022, 07:20 AM
Will it? LSU sucks. Our own media doesn't even help us out. We've got the worst presence within the media of any school in America.

Msu lacks big time promoting our school now days and of course sports. Marketing should be a big priority.

Extendedcab
09-08-2022, 08:56 AM
Maybe we don't pay them enough to say anything good about us! :confused:

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2022, 09:09 AM

Yes, but why is our bar to get the hype machine rolling so much higher than anyone else's? Especially when the data supports us

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2022, 09:09 AM
Maybe we don't pay them enough to say anything good about us! :confused:

Then pay them more. It's worth it

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2022, 09:10 AM

It's really bad man. Analytics believe we're a consensus top 15 team & we can't even hardly get votes in the media polls. It's embarrassing

Cooterpoot
09-08-2022, 09:15 AM
We've got guys like Bo Bounds, who is State guy, constantly shitting on us. Our one AP voter doesn't vote for us. We get nothing on the national level. Nothing on the state level.
Our school sucks at getting us better coverage. OM produces a show for ESPN. We set up a damn fan streaming service to do it instead of doing something on a bigger level.

dawgman15
09-08-2022, 09:18 AM
From listening to Bo on the ride to work in the mornings I would never guess he is a state fan, he sounds like a giant fanboy of TSUN

TrapGame
09-08-2022, 09:49 AM
From listening to Bo on the ride to work in the mornings I would never guess he is a state fan, he sounds like a giant fanboy of TSUN

Yeah, him shitting on Arnett this morning was poor form. Bo needs to stick to pushing steaks and bourbon. His football acumen is lacking to say the least. His take on LSU after their loss was baffling. It was like he watched a completely different game.

confucius say
09-08-2022, 10:13 AM
We've got guys like Bo Bounds, who is State guy, constantly shitting on us. Our one AP voter doesn't vote for us. We get nothing on the national level. Nothing on the state level.
Our school sucks at getting us better coverage. OM produces a show for ESPN. We set up a damn fan streaming service to do it instead of doing something on a bigger level.

Who is our AP voter?

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2022, 11:10 AM
Yes, but why is our bar to get the hype machine rolling so much higher than anyone else's? Especially when the data supports us

Because every time it does, we get smoked. Every time the Hump gets a good crowd, they lose. Every time MSU Football gets rolling, we lose. People just expect us to choke. You have to win and be damn competitive in your losses, which we aren't.
We Believe = Smoked
2014 = Great Start = Smoked by Bama and Ole Miss
Every big basketball position since Rick Stansbury = Lose.

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2022, 11:10 AM
I feel like Robbie Faulk gets a vote.

Maverick91
09-08-2022, 11:49 AM
Because every time it does, we get smoked. Every time the Hump gets a good crowd, they lose. Every time MSU Football gets rolling, we lose. People just expect us to choke. You have to win and be damn competitive in your losses, which we aren't.
We Believe = Smoked

Your points are good but not valid. Every other team blows smoke no matter what, LSU crapped a turd Saturday and yes their people are blasting it. But they are blasting it in a way that they shouldn?t ever crap that turd again. MSU media comes out and basically apologizes for having any expectation other than bottom dweller. We need to blow smoke and speak when we don?t compete well that that?s not the standard. Our media is setting the standard, they need to change that standard. We have ten plus years to speak to that we aren?t a bottom dweller.

gtowndawg
09-08-2022, 11:51 AM
I'm sure we could do better, as most can. But I feel like it's hard to say we don't get national respect when we were ranked #1 in the country for 5 weeks straight not that terribly long ago. I honestly think winning takes care of this issue. If we win this week on the road and at LSU, we will be a top 25 team. If we aren't, I'll lead the torch and pitchfork gang myself.

R2Dawg
09-08-2022, 12:59 PM
We Believe = Smoked

I can see this to a degree but I think some of that feeling is being an MSU fan. Every team does that too.

We believe year was a smoke screen. Most knew we were not that good but had an easy schedule.

2014 at Bama we win if Dak doesn't throw one of two bad throws for INT when we were about to score. Yeah we laid an egg in egg bowl but that is the way that series goes. Yes it sucks because we were top 4 good that year.

Baseball took forever. Hey Ark still hasn't won one and FSU either so many schools crap the bed in big moments.

R2Dawg
09-08-2022, 01:01 PM
We need to beat Bama at some point. THAT will move the needle.

Agree this is an issue but there are many teams that ain't beat Bama in forever but they still getting hyped - UT for one.

If we beat LSU and 3-0 the media will come swinging our way because they want to be early on saying I told you so that MSU was going to be the surprise team.

R2Dawg
09-08-2022, 01:04 PM

Agree this is frustrating. Half of everything today is perception and hype. MSU get you some. Great thing about that is you don't actually have to achieve anything to get a return.

Why is OM getting all the love? It is a joke. They have media pimps doing their bidding. Same with politics. The power of media is scary as people are so blind.

Kingbarkus
09-08-2022, 02:35 PM
I only pay attention to the betting sites. They can?t afford to put out garbage content like that assclown Bo Bounds. There was a discussion of our game on VSIN this morning. Line was at 6.5 at one place. Sharps jumped all over us. One has raised the line to 14.5. Only one other time they remembered years ago such a discrepancy. That game ended up in the middle of the spreads. I think we will destroy Arizona.

Ezsoil
09-08-2022, 05:37 PM
Stanford Steve and the Bear both took us vs AZ