PDA

View Full Version : Usm/Will Hall

basedog
09-06-2022, 05:31 PM
Did y?all see his post game interview? Went off on the lack of fan support, now I realize they barely have any fans or ticket sales at games but I?m thinking he just kissed his death wish. It?s best to focus what you have not what you can?t control as Usm hasn?t had much fan support in decades.
My thing with his rant, he knew what he was getting into so start winning, it might help a little.

Commercecomet24
09-06-2022, 05:39 PM
Yeah he's tilting at windmills. Lack of fan supoort at usm is older than the pyramids. He knew what he was getting into. Like you said best to control what he can control, like winning games.

basedog
09-06-2022, 05:43 PM
Yeah he's tilting at windmills. Lack of fan supoort at usm is older than the pyramids. He knew what he was getting into. Like you said best to control what he can control, like winning games.

He didn’t handle his complaint very well, he is in year two I think. His QB got injured, had not much of a backup plan. Lost in overtime time to Freeze.

Saltydog
09-06-2022, 06:22 PM
I haven't seen it but personally I don't have an issue with it. It's good to see a coach with a little passion and fire, at least one that's not throwing his players under the bus. He's a solid coach but he's probably not going to be Bobby Collins or Jeff Bower 2.0. CFB has just changed so much since those days.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-06-2022, 07:03 PM
There is eleven mad USM fans now.

basedog
09-06-2022, 07:24 PM
There is eleven mad USM fans now.

Exactly! LOL

I just think he should have waited to explode on the “11”. Win a game first not after a loss, bad timing.

Captain Falcon
09-06-2022, 08:22 PM
USM was a decent G5 job at one point and it’s quickly become one of the worst jobs in the entire FBS. Hall is a good coach and seemingly a good fit for that kind of program, if he can’t win there then I’m not sure who can in the immediate future. It’s just a place with a ton of issues. Tiny budget, little fan support, and its recruiting base has been totally taken over by other Sun Belt type schools in the last decade.

Tripp McNeely
09-06-2022, 08:23 PM
What the hell did he expect?

ZedFedder
09-06-2022, 08:24 PM
USM was a decent G5 job at one point and it’s quickly become one of the worst jobs in the entire FBS. Hall is a good coach and seemingly a good fit for that kind of program, if he can’t win there then I’m not sure who can in the immediate future. It’s just a place with a ton of issues. Tiny budget, little fan support, and its recruiting base has been totally taken over by other Sun Belt type schools in the last decade.

Hopson completely skipped over recruiting MS, and in the meantime Memphis kept getting draftee after draftee from here.

DownwardDawg
09-06-2022, 08:25 PM
USM is done. He should shut up. It's embarrassing.

Westdawg
09-06-2022, 08:29 PM
Will is a heckuva coach. When you look at the job they did on Saturday and almost beat Liberty, you gotta see he?s moving in the right direction. He?s a mature QB away from being an ?OK? G5 team. I think Keyes will be that for them, but he?s been thrown in the fire immediately and with young pieces around him too.
I hope Keyes is good to go and they can find some depth there in the portal. I really do want to see Will do well, as much as I hate to see USM do well.

Pancho
09-07-2022, 06:35 AM
The mature throwing QB is the key for sure.

Homedawg
09-07-2022, 09:07 AM
Yeah they dominated the game. Two turnovers inside the 5. 5 for the game. Qb was out for second half. He was frustrated. I get it. But it won't matter. Zero give a crap.

Irondawg
09-07-2022, 10:09 AM
USM blew that game and Will screwed himself several ways as well.

One is he didn?t address QB depth with the portal such that after his qb got hurt they had frank gore (starting rb) running qb most of the rest of the game.

Then the worst was with under 2 min, he?s got first and goal inside the 10 with the game tied. He could have run down the clock and kicked a fg to win or try to punch it in with very little time left.

I stress they score on the next play to go up 7 and then let Liberty have an 75 yard drive in 1:30 to tie it.

Johnson85
09-07-2022, 10:30 AM
USM blew that game and Will screwed himself several ways as well.

One is he didn?t address QB depth with the portal such that after his qb got hurt they had frank gore (starting rb) running qb most of the rest of the game.

Then the worst was with under 2 min, he?s got first and goal inside the 10 with the game tied. He could have run down the clock and kicked a fg to win or try to punch it in with very little time left.

I stress they score on the next play to go up 7 and then let Liberty have an 75 yard drive in 1:30 to tie it.

Pretty hard to get QB depth from the portal. Most Qbs are transferring because they want playing time.

CovertDawg
09-07-2022, 11:24 AM
Was in Hattiesburg visiting a friend and he dragged me to their Spring game. I was super impressed with Zach Wilke. Looked like a future star with the way he was slinging it around. He will throw some freshman interceptions but Hall should at least get him 20 snaps against Miami.

R2Dawg
09-07-2022, 12:34 PM
When you are new and trying to drum up support, attacking the support is not the best idea. He should have sent a friendly invite for more fans not an attack. Yeah like I'd want to go support a coach that just insulted me, oh and he is losing on top of that. Not going to end well for him if that is the trend.

NWADAWG
09-07-2022, 12:41 PM

The state of Mississippi should shut down any financial support for USM and focus more on the people's university in Starkvegas. ***sorta.

Extendedcab
09-07-2022, 12:51 PM
The state of Mississippi should shut down any financial support for USM and focus more on the people's university in Starkvegas. ***sorta.

My sentience exactly! And while we are at it, shut down financial support for OM as well! ***

PGHBulldogBG
09-07-2022, 01:06 PM
Will is a heckuva coach. When you look at the job they did on Saturday and almost beat Liberty, you gotta see he?s moving in the right direction. He?s a mature QB away from being an ?OK? G5 team. I think Keyes will be that for them, but he?s been thrown in the fire immediately and with young pieces around him too.
I hope Keyes is good to go and they can find some depth there in the portal. I really do want to see Will do well, as much as I hate to see USM do well.

This. If USM plays like they did against Liberty they are going to be much improved. He took over a train wreck and so far appears to be doing his best to get it moving back on track. If he gets them to 6 or 7 wins this year that’s a great coaching job

FISHDAWG
09-07-2022, 01:13 PM
When you are new and trying to drum up support, attacking the support is not the best idea. He should have sent a friendly invite for more fans not an attack. Yeah like I'd want to go support a coach that just insulted me, oh and he is losing on top of that. Not going to end well for him if that is the trend.

kinda like telling folks to kick rocks and pound sand ? ... I remember that not going over to well

State82
09-07-2022, 02:53 PM
kinda like telling folks to kick rocks and pound sand ? ... I remember that not going over to well

About like a turd in the punch bowl. Hall better tread lightly down in Hattiesburg.

Lord McBuckethead
09-07-2022, 03:10 PM
Mullen handled this much better in his first year that this cat did. During the first year's Road Dawgs Tour, Mullen discussed the levels of fandom and what happens when you support the team from top to bottom.
That one Road Dawgs tour pretty much changed our fanbase. That and he put a team on the field that showed signs of life. The fans show up, create an atmosphere, and then the wins start coming. It took two years, but Mullen started getting better recruits, better staffs, and wins started coming and the overall program stabilized. Now, would it have happened anyway, maybe.

FISHDAWG
09-08-2022, 07:58 AM
Mullen handled this much better in his first year that this cat did. During the first year's Road Dawgs Tour, Mullen discussed the levels of fandom and what happens when you support the team from top to bottom.
That one Road Dawgs tour pretty much changed our fanbase. That and he put a team on the field that showed signs of life. The fans show up, create an atmosphere, and then the wins start coming. It took two years, but Mullen started getting better recruits, better staffs, and wins started coming and the overall program stabilized. Now, would it have happened anyway, maybe.

Dan created enough excitement to get a sting of sell-outs going which led to the End-zone expansion ... Dan was really good at a time when we needed it and although I didn't like the way he left or kept flirting with other schools - I have to admit that what he accomplished here should not go unappreciated

R2Dawg
09-08-2022, 01:17 PM

Exactly. Joe M went Joe B. (or vice versa) insulting the people. You just can't do that and win hearts and minds.

R2Dawg
09-08-2022, 01:23 PM

This is the kicker. The turnaround that Mullen did with the same talent from previous year was blantantly clear that we made a huge move and that big things could be coming.

I didn't agree with everything Mullen did in the first few years narrative but the on the field results spoke for itself.