PDA

View Full Version : ESPN thinks State wins the EGG Bowl

Coach34
11-24-2013, 09:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/75129/sec-bowl-projections-week-13-3

This weeks bowl projections

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Why would a 7 win OM team go to the Music City Bowl over an 8 win Vandy?

I would actually rather OM go to the Music City over having a recruiting party at the Liberty

Bass Chaser
11-24-2013, 09:30 PM
The bowl gets their pick. Music City would pick OM over Vandy because of the fans OM would bring. I think the Liberty Bowl would pick us over Vandy.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 09:39 PM
The bowl gets their pick. Music City would pick OM over Vandy because of the fans OM would bring. I think the Liberty Bowl would pick us over Vandy.

This may be true, but if Vandy has 8 wins, I don't think the Liberty Bowl will have that choice. Not sure they can take a 6 win team over an 8 win team. Vandy would be pissed about that, and rightfully so.

Bass Chaser
11-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Bowls are all about the money. They want a fan base that travels well.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Bowls are all about the money. They want a fan base that travels well.

Yea, but I think the SEC has rules that keep this from happening.

msstate7
11-24-2013, 09:48 PM
With an extra bowl game at stake for the sec, will slive give us the bama treatment from officials? I'd sure take it...

Big4Dawg
11-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Is there anyway we go to the Liberty Bowl? Or is it Compass Bowl for sure for us?

Jack Lambert
11-24-2013, 10:12 PM
They can only pick in their order. Liberty is down at the bottom. If the SEC doesn't have enough teams to fill all their bowls the Liberty will get to go else where.

Coach34
11-24-2013, 10:20 PM
They cant pick a 6 win team over an 8 win team

Vandy and Georgia are likely to have 8 wins
OM 7 wins
State 6 wins

BHam is our only destination, Music City has decide whether they want Vandy or OM

SignalToNoise
11-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Why would a 7 win OM team go to the Music City Bowl over an 8 win Vandy?

I would actually rather OM go to the Music City over having a recruiting party at the Liberty

Because Vandy is about 15 minute drive with traffic from that side of Nashville.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2013, 10:22 PM
BBVA leads to top 5 Cruitin Classes....sign me up.

Coach34
11-24-2013, 10:25 PM

I heard lots and lots about how much better it is than the Gator Bowl

Quaoarsking
11-24-2013, 11:08 PM
I'd much prefer the BBVA Compass to the Liberty. Get to play on Saturday instead of Tuesday/NYE, and the opponent would be much better (Houston, SMU, or Rutgers probably instead of Marshall or Rice).

Plus we can call it a NYD Bowl**

hailmari
11-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Plus, the recruits from Alabama and near by areas (Hoover crew, Cory Thomas, etc.) could easily come see us.
I'd prefer Memphis personally, but just for Beale. I think our recruiting matters more than my bar-hoping.

Todd4State
11-24-2013, 11:39 PM
I know the Liberty Bowl reps were at the Arkansas game. FWIW. I also know the Liberty Bowl likes us a lot- so if they can find a way to get us, they are going to do it.

Todd4State
11-24-2013, 11:40 PM

I'm firing up my private jet right now.

bully99
11-25-2013, 12:17 AM
The liberty bowl always likes the Mississippi schools.

Todd4State
11-25-2013, 12:42 AM
The liberty bowl always likes the Mississippi schools.

It seems like they like us more than Ole Miss though.

messageboardsuperhero
11-25-2013, 12:50 AM
It seems like they like us more than Ole Miss though.

Because all the UM fans from Memphis live in the lily-white suburbs like Germantown and are too scared to go to the Liberty Bowl.**

Well, really I'm only half joking.

engie
11-25-2013, 01:21 AM
I'd much prefer the BBVA Compass to the Liberty. Get to play on Saturday instead of Tuesday/NYE, and the opponent would be much better (Houston, SMU, or Rutgers probably instead of Marshall or Rice).

Plus we can call it a NYD Bowl**

I'd love to give O'Korn a warm, Chris Jones welcome in a Saturday bowl game...in front of(at least) a half dozen highly-prized recruits we're chasing from Hoover High...

Jack Lambert
11-25-2013, 11:05 AM
I heard lots and lots about how much better it is than the Gator Bowl

And we don't have to drive 12 hours.

CJDAWG85
11-25-2013, 11:30 AM
If we win Thursday, both MSU and TSUN finish 3-5 in the SEC. Would we not finish ahead of them since we beat them head to head? Plus you'd think that the bowls would want us there over them since we finished the year winning 2 straight.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 12:06 PM
If its up to me Id take liberty anyday. Last time we went there I had a blast. I think that's a very underated bowl honestly, beale street is awesome. We stayed in a Hilton right above it it was legit

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2013, 12:26 PM
If we win Thursday, both MSU and TSUN finish 3-5 in the SEC. Would we not finish ahead of them since we beat them head to head? Plus you'd think that the bowls would want us there over them since we finished the year winning 2 straight.

We would finish above them in the SEC West, but here are some things you have to consider from the bowls perspective:

1. If your the Liberty Bowl, taking Ole Miss or Mississippi State is really an either or situation. No real advantage to taking either, so why not just take the team with the better record.

2. However, since OM would have 7 wins, and the Music City Bowl would rather have Ole Miss than Vandy, the Music City would probably take OM.

3. Since Vandy would have 8 wins and us 6, I don't think the Liberty Bowl could legally pass on Vandy in favor of us.

4. Therefore, the only real option for us is the Birmingham Bowl UNLESS Vandy loses this weekend to Wake Forest.

Am I correct in thinking the Liberty Bowl could justify taking a 6 win MSU team over a 7 win Vandy team?

Coach34
11-25-2013, 12:56 PM

Bowl is gonna pick the crew they think will bring them the most money. With a large Reb fanbase in Memphis- I'd look for them to get picked over us even though we finished higher in the SEC. Plus OM went to BHam last year and Slive would side with OM going there over BHam

Quaoarsking
11-25-2013, 01:08 PM
I don't think the rule prohibiting taking a 6-win team over an 8-win team exists anymore, as long as the 8-win team still gets a conference tie-in game, so I'm expecting us to Liberty and Vanderbilt to BBVA

msstate7
11-25-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't think the rule prohibiting taking a 6-win team over an 8-win team exists anymore, as long as the 8-win team still gets a conference tie-in game, so I'm expecting us to Liberty and Vanderbilt to BBVA

If this happens after vandy getting passed over for gator last year and terrible fan support this year, you've gotta figure franklin is gone