PDA

View Full Version : We should beat LSU based on what I see

IMissJack
09-04-2022, 08:11 PM
Does not look like LSU. OL is terrible, this qb is in there to scramble because pressure is coming.

Lord McBuckethead
09-04-2022, 08:18 PM
That is true. But when he does get an opening, he picks up first downs. We will need to keep an eye on him, and hope they forget they have Boutte on their team like they did in this first half.

Coach34
09-04-2022, 08:20 PM
We are better than LSU

Kingbarkus
09-04-2022, 10:27 PM
If our OLine can block them, we should be able to move the ball.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-04-2022, 10:37 PM
Need to beat Arizona first!

MetEdDawg
09-04-2022, 10:41 PM
They will have Emery back when they play us which will change their offense some.

But based on what I watched from both teams, we've certainly got the team to beat them.

Todd4State
09-05-2022, 12:33 AM
I'm always cautious about the LSU game until we play them and it's over. I learned my lesson in 1998.

We went there and we had a team that had beaten up some SEC teams- I believe we had wins over South Carolina, Auburn, and Vanderbilt. And yeah those were bad teams that year- but we beat down all of them. And LSU was not good that year either. And we had just won homecoming over East Tennessee State like 56-3 or something like that.

MSU then proceeds to go into Tiger Stadium and lay a complete turd losing 41-7. They stacked the box and we couldn't run. They dared us to pass and we could not. We didn't even get the obligatory first play of the game 80 yard TD pass that we seemed to get on them every year when Jackie was here. It was awful.

We went on to win the SEC though.

parabrave
09-05-2022, 01:17 AM
Their DLineman who got injured on that jump might be a huge loss for them. But their Oline is trash.

Tater
09-05-2022, 02:49 AM
LSU is awful. FSU is bad, but played with heart.

Jayden Daniels is Khalil Tate 0.7

parabrave
09-05-2022, 03:10 AM
They were talking about LSU Oline on SEC network and they said that there were 2 transfers from FCS colleges and the center is a former guard. Maybe Brennan knew what was coming and quit for self preservation.

Bothrops
09-05-2022, 04:55 AM
LSU's oline went up against a disruptive dline last night. We don't have that right now. Rogers is going to have to throw downfield over the top to beat them because of the speed difference. FSU's qb was mobile and extended plays, yet they won by a missed PAT. Point is..it's a very very challenging match up for us down there with 100k fans. LSU actually played a better team and still almost won.

Tater
09-05-2022, 06:06 AM
LSU's oline went up against a disruptive dline last night. We don't have that right now. Rogers is going to have to throw downfield over the top to beat them because of the speed difference. FSU's qb was mobile and extended plays, yet they won by a missed PAT. Point is..it's a very very challenging match up for us down there with 100k fans. LSU actually played a better team and still almost won.

This is hilarious. FSU is not a better team. One of their star "disruptors" is a guy who couldn't hack it at MSU.

There's been some stupid takes from week 1, but yours is a contender for dumbest. FSU is mediocre and honestly, Memphis level. Our D-Line just chased a returning starting QB all over the field to where he made constant erratic throws because he refused to take a sack and he wasn't a heavy scrambler. It's actually much easier to sack a mobile QB than a pocket passer because one of the two thinks they can escape more than they actually can.

TrapGame
09-05-2022, 09:24 AM

Horrible take. The reason that FSU DL was so disruptive was LSU's OL is average at best. They have issues that can't be fixed by the third game. Our QB is better than FSU's QB. And for probably the first time in our history we can say we have better WRs than FSU.

Bothrops
09-05-2022, 09:34 AM
This is hilarious. FSU is not a better team. One of their star "disruptors" is a guy who couldn't hack it at MSU.

There's been some stupid takes from week 1, but yours is a contender for dumbest. FSU is mediocre and honestly, Memphis level. Our D-Line just chased a returning starting QB all over the field to where he made constant erratic throws because he refused to take a sack and he wasn't a heavy scrambler. It's actually much easier to sack a mobile QB than a pocket passer because one of the two thinks they can escape more than they actually can.

Excuse me, but you are a moron if you think the Memphis team we played is on par with FSU last night. FSU isn't great, but Fabien Lovett was disruptive last night and that dline recorded 4 sacks. Holy shet dude

FISHDAWG
09-05-2022, 09:51 AM
Excuse me, but you are a moron if you think the Memphis team we played is on par with FSU last night. FSU isn't great, but Fabien Lovett was disruptive last night and that dline recorded 4 sacks. Holy shet dude

Totally agree with this .... Memphis was terrible but both LSU and FSU have way more talent and speed than Memphis ... no way would I dare lay a bet down on our game with LSU ... they will look and play better by the time they play us ... they still have to go against Miami and Arkansas before playing us

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-05-2022, 09:56 AM
they will look and play better by the time they play us ... they still have to go against Miami and Arkansas before playing us

Wut?

SteelCurtain74
09-05-2022, 10:01 AM
The over/under win total for LSU was 7. You're looking pretty good right now if you bet the under. They will struggle to get 5 wins this year

Tater
09-05-2022, 10:05 AM

You're a moron to think FSU is some pillar of excellence that should be respected. This is a team that lost to an FCS team for crying out loud. Fabian Lovett was meh. They got an excellent transfer in Verse and he was actually disruptive. Beyond that, their talent level didn't make a major jump.

LSU is a school in transition and disarray. They won't show signs of life until the end of the season if at all. LSU is staring 5-7 in the face. 3-9 if they aren't careful. They're a bad football team and they played down to the level of a mediocre talent team. Neither one of those "name" schools are in the top 25 and nor should they be. I'd take Memphis on a neutral field against LSU easily and call FSU a tossup.

TrapGame
09-05-2022, 10:06 AM
Totally agree with this .... Memphis was terrible but both LSU and FSU have way more talent and speed than Memphis ... no way would I dare lay a bet down on our game with LSU ... they will look and play better by the time they play us ... they still have to go against Miami and Arkansas before playing us

Ummmm, Fish... LSU plays Southern U next Saturday then us the Saturday after that. They will lay the wood to Southern U. But, how much improvement will they have between now and us? That OL needs work.

Tater
09-05-2022, 10:07 AM
Wut?

Better to ignore him when he sides with someone specifically that quotes me. He decides to take their side regardless and just be saying anything no matter how wrong it is.

Tater
09-05-2022, 10:08 AM
Ummmm, Fish... LSU plays Southern U next Saturday then us the Saturday after that. They will lay the wood to Southern U. But, how much improvement will they have between now and us? That OL needs work.

Clearly has conflated the two way overpaid / underproducing coaches in the west in A&M / LSU

msstate7
09-05-2022, 10:14 AM
You're a moron to think FSU is some pillar of excellence that should be respected. This is a team that lost to an FCS team for crying out loud. Fabian Lovett was meh. They got an excellent transfer in Verse and he was actually disruptive. Beyond that, their talent level didn't make a major jump.

LSU is a school in transition and disarray. They won't show signs of life until the end of the season if at all. LSU is staring 5-7 in the face. 3-9 if they aren't careful. They're a bad football team and they played down to the level of a mediocre talent team. Neither one of those "name" schools are in the top 25 and nor should they be. I'd take Memphis on a neutral field against LSU easily and call FSU a tossup.

Lol, this is one hell of a maroon glasses take. Memphis was picked 5th in the AAC, and they're a 7 pt favorite over navy who lost to Delaware last week.

I thought we looked good last week, but I also think memphis looked bad at the same time.

ETA... with that said, I think we have a good shot at beating lsu. Memphis would get beat badly by fsu and lsu though

TrapGame
09-05-2022, 10:21 AM
Lol, this is one hell of a maroon glasses take. Memphis was picked 5th in the AAC, and they're a 7 pt favorite over navy who lost to Delaware last week.

I thought we looked good last week, but I also think memphis looked bad at the same time.

ETA... with that said, I think we have a good shot at beating lsu. Memphis would get beat badly by fsu and lsu though

Yeah, we beat Memphis just as badly as FSU or LSU would have. Good tune up game for us.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-05-2022, 10:37 AM

LSU seems to make their biggest improvement of the season the week before the Mississippi State game

Catfish
09-05-2022, 10:42 AM
LSU seems to make their biggest improvement of the season the week before the Mississippi State game

Maybe, I think they have some internal issues.

Tater
09-05-2022, 10:59 AM

This has more to do with where LSU and FSU are as programs than where I think State is. I bet on FSU to beat LSU because I thought LSU was worse than FSU, not because I thought FSU was better than LSU. I'm not saying we're world beaters because we beat Memphis. I'm saying LSU and FSU are dogshit wrapped in catshit. LSU and Auburn will both struggle to be bowl eligible. This weekend validated my season total under bets on their wins. My take is more about where I think FSU and LSU are. Lots of people are overrating the name. And because one name beat another name, they're wanting to bring up the winner instead of bringing down the loser.

TrapGame
09-05-2022, 11:00 AM

Brian Kelly has his work cut out for him. The Corn Dogs don't use the new coach excuse. That OL is the weak spot right now. Our OL is more experienced than them.

Bothrops
09-05-2022, 11:07 AM

My point made.

LC Dawg
09-05-2022, 11:10 AM
Kelly had the look of a coach without an answer last night. If they lose to us he is going to be shocked at how quickly his seat gets red hot.

WSOPdawg
09-05-2022, 11:14 AM
Brian Kelly has his work cut out for him. The Corn Dogs don't use the new coach excuse. That OL is the weak spot right now. Our OL is more experienced than them.

So the question in two weeks becomes... "which team's OL handles the opposing team's defensive front 7 better?" After what I saw last night, I'm definitely liking our chances.

Catfish
09-05-2022, 11:15 AM
Kelly had the look of a coach without an answer last night. If they lose to us he is going to be shocked at how quickly his seat gets red hot.

10 years $95 million contract, he will laugh it off.

PikeDawg15
09-05-2022, 11:31 AM
10 years $95 million contract, he will laugh it off.

If Mississippi State and LSU swapped jerseys, We would be picked as a dark horse for the SEC west.

Florida State is a dumpster fire who wants to fire their coach after a horrible past 3 seasons including losing to jacksonville state on homecoming last year...........

LSU is AWFUL. If you took the LSU jerseys off of them and put LA tech jerseys last night , most wouldnt notice a difference.

I could see is losing but if they didnt have lsu jerseys we would think we would win by 5 touchdowns.

PikeDawg15
09-05-2022, 11:37 AM
My point made.

I think a team like cincinatti would beat the dog shit out of LSU or Florida State.

TrapGame
09-05-2022, 11:37 AM

Kelly looked like Joe Moorhead last night.

TrapGame
09-05-2022, 11:40 AM
So the question in two weeks becomes... "which team's OL handles the opposing team's defensive front 7 better?" After what I saw last night, I'm definitely liking our chances.

This could be the game changer. Our OL gives Will just enough time to make some big throws while LSU's folds like a cheap tent causing Daniels to run for it every other play.

PikeDawg15
09-05-2022, 11:43 AM
This could be the game changer. Our OL gives Will just enough time to make some big throws while LSU's folds like a cheap tent causing Daniels to run for it every other play.

Would not be shocked to see nusmier play against us. But he is not mobile like daniels, he wouldve broken a bone last night.

Bothrops
09-05-2022, 11:45 AM
I think a team like cincinatti would beat the dog shit out of LSU or Florida State.

I think they could win but no blowout.

redstickdawg
09-05-2022, 12:22 PM
from reports boutte looks to be entering the transfer portal later this week. If so, there is dumpster fire that near the house, that I should be able to smell soon.

TrapGame
09-05-2022, 12:27 PM
from reports boutte looks to be entering the transfer portal later this week. If so, there is dumpster fire that near the house, that I should be able to smell soon.

If Boutte hits the portal LSU about to have a really bad season.

Catfish
09-05-2022, 12:28 PM

Brian Kelly rarely takes the blame for anything. He will throw his own coaches and players under the bus. Little man syndrome.

FISHDAWG
09-05-2022, 12:39 PM

Damn I must have looked at the wrong schedule... my thinking was playing better opponents makes you better... regardless, I still don't think Florida State is a Memphis type team

FISHDAWG
09-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Better to ignore him when he sides with someone specifically that quotes me. He decides to take their side regardless and just be saying anything no matter how wrong it is.
My post had nothing to do with you you paranoid 17

TrapGame
09-05-2022, 12:44 PM
Damn I must have looked at the wrong schedule... my thinking was playing better opponents makes you better... regardless, I still don't think Florida State is a Memphis type team

LSU's got some problems on and off the field. If the Boutte rumors are true it's gonna be a tough season for them.

BlackSailsDawg
09-05-2022, 01:10 PM
From what I saw, LSU's only hope is that our LBs can not stop their QB. He is very fast and can cut. My thinking is that our defense is better designed for this type of a setting.

parabrave
09-05-2022, 01:43 PM
LSU's got some problems on and off the field. If the Boutte rumors are true it's gonna be a tough season for them.

You could tell that by his sideline attitude after that missed pass at the 2 last night.

Goldendawg
09-05-2022, 01:45 PM

Ya'll remember the year Jackie brought in about 20 (probation rumors & few HS players would sign) JC players, including the entire D line from some obscure AZ school? Bulldog Bite was paper back then. One starting DB said in an interview he knew we were in trouble when he looked around and didn't know any of his teammates' names. Many of the guys who had been there 2 to 3 years quit. The next year only 2 of the 20 were starting. This sudden influx of portal players, some malcontents from other programs, and only the fall to mold into a team isn't going to end well for several teams. Including AZ, LSU, & OM I hope. Hail State (8-4 at least with victory over OM)!

Offshore Dawg
09-05-2022, 01:48 PM
You can't under value what it means to have a good attitude in the locker room, LSU isn't there now.

TrapGame
09-05-2022, 01:56 PM
You can't under value what it means to have a good attitude in the locker room, LSU isn't there now.

I think a lot of the players are pissed they dropped Coach O so soon after a Natty. They aren't warming up to Kelly quite as easily. I would love for LSU to wander in the wilderness of mediocrity for three or four years under Kelly.

parabrave
09-05-2022, 02:53 PM
If you can pick up WWL radio 870AM its going to be golden. Bobby Hebert is going to have a field day. Also Tiger Rant might crash,

parabrave
09-05-2022, 03:06 PM
And Mason Smith out for the year with torn ACL. Grab Turf claims another victim. And Kelly threw Nabors under the Bus at a press conference. Get the popcorn and Marshmellows out.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-score-board/brian-kelly-blames-a-player-by-name/104040564/

msstate7
09-05-2022, 03:32 PM
If you can pick up WWL radio 870AM its going to be golden. Bobby Hebert is going to have a field day. Also Tiger Rant might crash,

Bobby is an lsu fan? I know he goes on drunken rants after saint games

redstickdawg
09-05-2022, 03:35 PM

His son, T-bob, played OG for them. he'll be fun to listen to.

Todd4State
09-05-2022, 04:06 PM

Oh yeah. Big time. He played at Nortwestern State or somewhere like that but he is a big LSU fan.

Coach34
09-05-2022, 07:33 PM
I said a month ago we were better than LSU. They lost alot of talent and need to clean up some culture. We should win that game with our veteran team

WhiskeyPirate
09-05-2022, 08:02 PM
That fan base is worse than Notre Dame if Kelly stumbles a few more games they will run him out of there.

Todd4State
09-05-2022, 08:59 PM
I think a lot of the players are pissed they dropped Coach O so soon after a Natty. They aren't warming up to Kelly quite as easily. I would love for LSU to wander in the wilderness of mediocrity for three or four years under Kelly.

That's probably because Coach O let them do whatever they wanted to do. Sadly that included sexually assaulting some females. Coach O didn't give LSU a choice. It would have been a Penn State situation and they would have had to fire Coach O anyway. LSU was saving face. I think they were about to fall apart with Coach O anyway. He won a National Championship and then became very distracted to say the least.

That fan base is worse than Notre Dame if Kelly stumbles a few more games they will run him out of there.

Eh. They'll give him at least three years. Coach O wasn't all that great at first for them- remember when Fitz and MSU absolutely beat them down in 2017? (That was really fun)

They gave Gerry DiNardo and Curley Hallman at least a couple of years to fail.

Tripp McNeely
09-05-2022, 09:12 PM
Boutte is pulling a Kylin Hill, Mason Smith out for the year, several O-linemen tweeting cryptic stuff, Nabers transfers to Starkvegas., BK is cleaning house....We beat them by 3 TDs

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-06-2022, 08:27 AM
If we struggle to beat -notice the bar is not winning, it's "struggle to win"- this LSU team then we will finish 7-5. Arky, Kentucky, OM are all better than this LSU team. So if we struggle with LSU, I have my doubts about us winning those other 3.

But I'm worried about AZ. It's a classic trap game- nestled between an emotional vengeance game and the SEC opener, on the road, weird timezone, a bad team our players may not take seriously, meanwhile AZ will be hungry for a big win and theor fans are pumped about the new coach. I'm worried we will be flat, unfocused, and sloppy moreso than I'm worried AZ will be good.

PikeDawg15
09-06-2022, 08:48 AM
That's probably because Coach O let them do whatever they wanted to do. Sadly that included sexually assaulting some females. Coach O didn't give LSU a choice. It would have been a Penn State situation and they would have had to fire Coach O anyway. LSU was saving face. I think they were about to fall apart with Coach O anyway. He won a National Championship and then became very distracted to say the least.

Eh. They'll give him at least three years. Coach O wasn't all that great at first for them- remember when Fitz and MSU absolutely beat them down in 2017? (That was really fun)

They gave Gerry DiNardo and Curley Hallman at least a couple of years to fail.

The LSU fans under the age of 30 do not ever remember a time where LSU stunk at all. the 18-30 year olds have only ever seen LSU since Nick Saban and they expect that all the time.

If Kelly doesn't make a bowl game this season. He could be fired 2-3 conference games into 2023.

They will be begging for Lane Kiffin in Baton Roug3

PikeDawg15
09-06-2022, 08:55 AM
If we struggle to beat -notice the bar is not winning, it's "struggle to win"- this LSU team then we will finish 7-5. Arky, Kentucky, OM are all better than this LSU team. So if we struggle with LSU, I have my doubts about us winning those other 3.

But I'm worried about AZ. It's a classic trap game- nestled between an emotional vengeance game and the SEC opener, on the road, weird timezone, a bad team our players may not take seriously, meanwhile AZ will be hungry for a big win and theor fans are pumped about the new coach. I'm worried we will be flat, unfocused, and sloppy moreso than I'm worried AZ will be good.

Ive heard that Rogers and company but Rogers specifically is pissed about their performance on both sides of the ball from Saturday and called a players only meeting and they did conditioning the entire time.

PikeDawg15
09-06-2022, 08:57 AM
I think a good bit of our players might be looking ahead to LSU next week chomping at the bits to play them but I think Rogers will have them ready to play Arizona saturday.

QuadrupleOption
09-06-2022, 09:25 AM

All this may be true, but after almost losing to La Tech and then losing to Memphis last year, if our team does not take Arizona seriously they need to have their collective asses kicked.

Bothrops
09-06-2022, 09:31 AM
One game at a time please. Let's focus on Zona.

Jarius
09-06-2022, 10:51 AM
One game at a time please. Let's focus on Zona.

Do you really think anything we discuss on a message board controls the outcome of the game? We can talk about the Egg Bowl on here today and if will have zero to do with how the MSU football team plays against Arizona.

Tripp McNeely
09-06-2022, 11:00 AM
Do you really think anything we discuss on a message board controls the outcome of the game? We can talk about the Egg Bowl on here today and if will have zero to do with how the MSU football team plays against Arizona.

Hahaha...yeah that clich? is so silly. Coaches and players better be focused on AZ! Fans can focus on the friggin 2025 season, and it'll have ZERO bearing on Saturday night!