PDA

View Full Version : On to Arizona

msstate7
09-04-2022, 08:15 AM
De Laura looked really good in the few series I watched him yesterday. I really hope he was playing above his head.

The time deal is my biggest concern as a 10pm central start is crazy late. How do you prepare for a game like that. My first thought is practice late at night, but players have to make it to classes.

On the bright side, the conditions should fit this offense like a glove - hot and dry.

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2022, 08:20 AM
They're college kids. 10:00pm is nothing.

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2022, 08:23 AM

Yeah 10 PM they are just headed to club.

Meanwhile, my ass already needs a nap after being up till 1:30 am eastern and waking up at my normal 6:45. Today gonna suuuuck!

msstate7
09-04-2022, 08:23 AM

Partying/hanging out, sure. I think a game will be a little different. Have we ever played well in the western time zone in any sport?

Dawgfan77
09-04-2022, 08:26 AM
De Laura looked really good in the few series I watched him yesterday. I really hope he was playing above his head.

The time deal is my biggest concern as a 10pm central start is crazy late. How do you prepare for a game like that. My first thought is practice late at night, but players have to make it to classes.

On the bright side, the conditions should fit this offense like a glove - hot and dry.

You have been making a big deal out of this kickoff time every thread it seems. It's going to be 8 out there...8. Not 10. We damn near played at 10 last night with the delays.

basedog
09-04-2022, 08:28 AM
Partying/hanging out, sure. I think a game will be a little different. Have we ever played well in the western time zone in any sport?

Time will not make any difference, hell playing at 11:00 a.m. is much worse than a late-night game.

My biggest concern is defensive depth, our backups must step it up.

Probably will be a much closer game than most predicted before the season.

msstate7
09-04-2022, 08:30 AM
You have been making a big deal out of this kickoff time every thread it seems. It's going to be 8 out there...8. Not 10. We damn near played at 10 last night with the delays.

Well, I think it's a big deal. We won't be out there all week, so it'll be 10 for us.

msstate7
09-04-2022, 08:40 AM
Now I do think we are the better team, so I think we'll win. I thought we were better than byu in 2016 too though... I absolutely hate west coast late night games for state and the braves - they always seem to play worse than their talent level

TrapGame
09-04-2022, 09:01 AM

Some of us old farts have forgotten how we used to be immortal at 20. At 21 I could go all night. I'm 51 and my bedtime is usually 10pm.

You're overthinking it 7.

Now I do think we are the better team, so I think we'll win. I thought we were better than byu in 2016 too though... I absolutely hate west coast late night games for state and the braves - they always seem to play worse than their talent level

Dude! Peter Sirmon cost us three games that year. This was one of them. His Swiss Cheese defense was atrocious.

MrCoachKlein
09-04-2022, 09:06 AM
Yeah 10 PM they are just headed to club.

Meanwhile, my ass already needs a nap after being up till 1:30 am eastern and waking up at my normal 6:45. Today gonna suuuuck!

100%. Got a 2.5 year old and an 8month old. Just got over stomach flu they gave me. Now RSV. Little hungover and really tired from staying up that late and waking up at 5:30 with them.

Dawgfan77
09-04-2022, 10:10 AM
Well, I think it's a big deal. We won't be out there all week, so it'll be 10 for us.
That makes zero sense. We will fly out early Friday. Have a day to get acclimated. These are 19-23 year olds. Going out west isn't a big deal as you think it is. Getting out of Philly from time to time would help your perception.

msstate7
09-04-2022, 10:45 AM
https://deadspin.com/west-coast-nfl-teams-have-a-huge-advantage-in-night-gam-1475690606

Here's an interesting article about east coast teams traveling to west coast. The article does say that it doesn't include central time teams in the study, so take it FWIW.

And 77, it's hilarious you think I'm in Philly all the time. I literally go places all the time

tcdog70
09-04-2022, 10:51 AM

We beat Warren Moon at Washington

msstate7
09-04-2022, 11:08 AM
We beat Warren Moon at Washington

And I think we'll beat Arizona this week... I just think it'll be much tougher than it would be in a time frame we're more used to

R2Dawg
09-04-2022, 11:11 AM
Well having the late game last night might be a plus before the AZ game.

The way AZ looked has me more concerned than preseason.

BTW, Bowling Green gave UCLA all they wanted too. We looked OK, but we got a lot to get better with our schedule. Season just started, it is a long season.

boot
09-04-2022, 03:08 PM
And I think we'll beat Arizona this week... I just think it'll be much tougher than it would be in a time frame we're more used to

It?s just 2 hours difference. 18-23 year olds aren?t as hampered by this as you believe, if anything they?re excited to travel out of the southeast for the first time in their lives.