PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the fans. That was a very good crowd?

IMissJack
09-04-2022, 07:53 AM
Non-SEC opponent, chance of rain, bad economy?they showed up. Students good job.

Maroonthirteen
09-04-2022, 09:12 AM
What a day it was. Humid as the Amazon. Light rain, damp. Sun. More rain. Delay. Kudos to those that stayed. I made it to the touchdown to make it 42-16. Then the wife and kids had had enough.

That student crowd was an awesome showing. They more than filled the endzone and almost the east side section. Kudos to the Memphis fans that came down. There were a good number of them. There are more than a few ties between the schools. It is an interesting kick off game for regional schools. Keep that series going.

R2Dawg
09-04-2022, 11:19 AM
The crowd was excellent for the conditions. The students were also great. I had two kids at MSU now. One a freshmen breaking in her first game as a student in the student section. They really showed up.

DWS can be an intimidating place to play for a visitor when our fans show up.

I was there and a great day to be on campus until weather shut it down.

Had one frustrating ticket event. I bought tickets from MSU and they gave my seats also to a large group of high school students. I moved to 3 different seats as I have up my ticket seats to the high school students. Embarrassing when people's seats I was sitting in came in late. Folks were nice but it happened twice. I don't understand how this can happen. All this while I was also trying to eat something.

Maroonthirteen
09-04-2022, 12:41 PM
Other things.....

The process to get in, is still to cumbersome. Anyways... I guess it is what it is with metal detectors.

Junction Juke Joint, cool tailgate. For the love of... turn down the music just a tad.

The University did a good job with a few new features this year. A Good time was had despite the weather.

Ranchdawg
09-04-2022, 04:13 PM
I agree it was a great crowd IMO. My granddaughter is sophomore. She and whole group of kids 6-8 of them. Step son, wife and their two kids his in-laws who are Memphis alumni. Several step son’s coworkers that are Memphis fans. Daughter and her son. Were all at our tailgate.

I know a lot of guys that were either dove hunting or preparing to hunt today!

Pinto
09-04-2022, 04:48 PM
Anyone else tailgate on the west side but sit on the east side? It is always a cluster for us to get to our side.

mstatefan91
09-04-2022, 05:27 PM
I was there the entire game. Had a blast. The prices seem to be sneaking up a little bit but that?s the same everywhere. Biggest takeaway is that this is easily the best team Mike Leach has had at State. They just exude confidence on the field and off of it. Defense got a bit complacent in the 3rd-4th quarter and we didn?t get a sack but otherwise, they are as advertised. Will Rogers is that dude. Basically another coach on the field. The wide receiving core and running backs look as good as any we have had since I?ve been a fan. Maybe they are average for Leach but they don?t drop balls and they seem to make the first guy miss. Offensive line did a great job as well. 9 wins is doable. Let?s go

mstatefan91
09-04-2022, 05:32 PM
Other things.....

The process to get in, is still to cumbersome. Anyways... I guess it is what it is with metal detectors.

Junction Juke Joint, cool tailgate. For the love of... turn down the music just a tad.

The University did a good job with a few new features this year. A Good time was had despite the weather.

We went in well in advance and it was still a cluster so agreed on that.

The junction juke joint had some bad singing BUT whatever. People were having fun

Jack Lambert
09-04-2022, 06:09 PM
I stayed as long as I could. My son has a after school job and was asked could he come to work Sunday morning. It just got to late for him.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2022, 06:10 PM
Non-SEC opponent, chance of rain, bad economy?they showed up. Students good job.

Those students did not duck for cover. They stayed in the rain through the entire weather delay ringing the bells. When the rain got harder the bells got louder. It was pretty cool of them. You have to give kudos to the Memphis fans for staying as well. I did noticed they used their band really well making noise in between our offenses plays.

Maroonthirteen
09-04-2022, 06:28 PM
Nvm. Don't Matter.