PDA

View Full Version : Going forward, Stricklin needs to figure out a way with the SEC office...

HoopsDawg
11-24-2013, 07:30 PM
to break up this Bama-Arkansas-Ole Miss ending to every season. Arkansas is a game we need to win 60% of the time but it just falls on a horrible place on the schedule.

UF played Ga. Southern this week. FSU played Idaho.

Bama played UTC, AU had a bye.

South Carolina played some joke school and so did Clemson.

Even Ole Miss got to play Troy before Missouri.

Huge disadvantage for us against Arkansas.

MetEdDawg
11-24-2013, 07:34 PM
It's not a bye week, but it's as close as you can get to one and it's at a crucial time of the year where teams need a mental break. I hate front loading with non conference because we have to be at 100% every single week from the middle of the season to the very end. No breaks, no stopping, full go 100% of the time. Leaves us a gauntlet to have to go through the back half of the season.

However this needs to get done, I'm 100% ok with it as long as it doesn't mess with the Egg Bowl. Move around SEC opponents, cancel future opponents we have scheduled, do whatever needs to be done to make this change and make it permanent.

Will James
11-24-2013, 07:35 PM
U kidding me? Strick is Mr. "Please sir may I have another"

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2013, 07:36 PM
If you're relying on Strick & B'ham to actually get something done to help us, you're living in an alternate reality. Next year we play Bama earlier, but I see the schedule going back to the same "Death Row" in 2015. Strick has no balls or pull and LT is in charge of scheduling. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Political Hack
We should revisit this conversation should our Ath dept ever grow up and decide to be a big boy.

Will James
We do have Vandy next year in the Arky spot BTW.

Todd4State
11-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Game 11 would be a great place for us to play a Sun Belt team. Used to we would have to play an emotional game against Alabama before we played the Egg Bowl, so it is a little bit better. I also want to play in Fayetteville at least some of the time as well. Once every four years would suffice.

Jackson State
At Tulane
Army
at Auburn
LSU
at South Carolina
Kentucky
at Arkansas
at Texas A&M
Alabama
Georgia State
Ole Miss

It would be nice if our schedule looked something like that.

messageboardsuperhero
11-24-2013, 07:49 PM
See, that would require Stricklin to have a pair of balls, so it's pretty much out of the question.

Political Hack
11-24-2013, 07:55 PM
S. Alabama
@Tulane
Auburn
@Kentucky (Thursday at their place would be fine)
@LSU
Arkansas
UAB
A&M
BYE
Vandy
@Bama
Louisiana Monroe
@Egg Bowl

bulldawg28
11-24-2013, 08:05 PM
S. Alabama
@Tulane
Auburn
@LSU
Arkansas
UAB
A&M
BYE
Vandy
@Bama
Louisiana Monroe
@Egg Bowl

I like this schedule.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2013, 08:13 PM
S. Alabama
@Tulane
Auburn
@LSU
Arkansas
UAB
A&M
BYE
Vandy
@Bama
Louisiana Monroe
@Egg Bowl

That would be a great schedule. Next year our byes are odd. Bye week, 2 games, another bye. And then we trade Arkansas for Vandy in the 3 game season ending run.

Ronny
11-24-2013, 08:18 PM
..the muderer's row of Bama-Arkansas-Ole Miss is a main ingredient that is keeping our football program bogged down in mediocrity.

It's bullshit to have to play those 3 back-to-back-to-back.

No other SEC team would dare accept that scheduling.

bully99
11-24-2013, 08:59 PM
We used to end the season every year with Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss. And they were either all on the road or all home. Eggbowl was in Jackson so home team didn't matter. Now that was murderers row.

Coach34
11-24-2013, 09:06 PM
I love next year's schedule:

Aug. 30 - Southern Miss

Sept. 6 - UAB

Sept. 13 - at South Alabama

Sept. 20 - at LSU

Oct. 4 - Texas A&M

Oct. 11 - Auburn

Oct. 25 - at Kentucky

Nov. 1 - Arkansas

Nov. 8 - UT-Martin

Nov. 15 - at Alabama

Nov. 22 - Vanderbilt

Nov. 29 - at Ole Miss

We start of 3-0- and get to play alot of people so we dont get beat up. Then we go to BR for our even year beatdown. 3-1
Then we get a week off to get ready for A&M and Auburn- 2 huge games for us at home next year. Could be 5-1- then another week off.
Go to Kentucky and then get UPig and UT-Martin at home. 8-1
At Bama- loss
Home to Vandy 9-2
Egg Bowl in Oxford- playing for a 10th win. Will be tough on the road- so 9-3.

Mullen needs to step up and get the A&M and Auburn games next year on our turf.

FlabLoser
11-24-2013, 09:20 PM
That's not murder's row, Ronny. Its just 2 rival games (Bama being very good obviously) with a not-doormat SEC team trap game in the middle. And it has trapped us damn near every year.

Will James
11-24-2013, 09:28 PM
I love next year's schedule:

Aug. 30 - Southern Miss

Sept. 6 - UAB

Sept. 13 - at South Alabama

Sept. 20 - at LSU

Oct. 4 - Texas A&M

Oct. 11 - Auburn

Oct. 25 - at Kentucky

Nov. 1 - Arkansas

Nov. 8 - UT-Martin

Nov. 15 - at Alabama

Nov. 22 - Vanderbilt

Nov. 29 - at Ole Miss

We start of 3-0- and get to play alot of people so we dont get beat up. Then we go to BR for our even year beatdown. 3-1
Then we get a week off to get ready for A&M and Auburn- 2 huge games for us at home next year. Could be 5-1- then another week off.
Go to Kentucky and then get UPig and UT-Martin at home. 8-1
At Bama- loss
Home to Vandy 9-2
Egg Bowl in Oxford- playing for a 10th win. Will be tough on the road- so 9-3.

Mullen needs to step up and get the A&M and Auburn games next year on our turf.

I see us barely getting 6.. If we get 6

Coach34
11-24-2013, 09:31 PM
I see us barely getting 6.. If we get 6

Then you dont see very well.

We lose what amounts to 2 starters on defense in Whitley and Autry- making us a pretty good defense in 2014.
We return our QB, best RB, and every one of our WR's and TE's
We return 3 starters on the OL- plus Malone will return. Clayborne will be a year older. Juco OL's coming in also.

We will be damn good next year

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Then you dont see very well.

We lose what amounts to 2 starters on defense in Whitley and Autry- making us a pretty good defense in 2014.
We return our QB, best RB, and every one of our WR's and TE's
We return 3 starters on the OL- plus Malone will return. Clayborne will be a year older. Juco OL's coming in also.

We will be damn good next year

The willful blindness by some of these people is ridiculous. They've become so married to the idea of a new coach that they're actively rooting for us to suck and talking shit about our program to try to make perception reality. It makes me want to puke then kick them in the nuts. Support your school you claim to love, dammit.

Coach34
11-24-2013, 09:39 PM
The willful blindness by some of these people is ridiculous. They've become so married to the idea of a new coach that they're actively rooting for us to suck and talking shit about our program to try to make perception reality. It makes me want to puke then kick them in the nuts. Support your school you claim to love, dammit.

I dont understand it either. We only returned 12 starters coming into this season- and we have had a shit ton of injuries. Next year, we'll be returning 17 starters plus others who started during the season. We have played a ton of young guys thus season. We have 14 freshmen playing this year- redshirts and true combined.

Mullen is returning- get over it and realize we have a chance to be damn good next year and get a manageable schedule to go with it

Will James
11-24-2013, 09:53 PM
I dont understand it either. We only returned 12 starters coming into this season- and we have had a shit ton of injuries. Next year, we'll be returning 17 starters plus others who started during the season. We have played a ton of young guys thus season. We have 14 freshmen playing this year- redshirts and true combined.

Mullen is returning- get over it and realize we have a chance to be damn good next year and get a manageable schedule to go with it

I want Hud to be coach and will act 5 years old until I get it

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Agreed that we should be damn competitive next year. Our problem is not with the players. We believe Hud will give us a better chance at more wins with those players. That's it. HUD gives us a better chance. He is a better coach than Mullen.

Mullen's M.O. will be to lose the AM, AU, and OM games next year. UK and VU are iffy. HUD wins at LEAST 3 and a good chance of 4 or 5.

So, you think we should start over on defense with a new d-coordinator and staff as well?

Will James
11-24-2013, 10:15 PM
So, you think we should start over on defense with a new d-coordinator and staff as well?

yes