PDA

View Full Version : Baton Rouge Question

Alphadog
09-02-2022, 09:12 AM
First time going to a game in Baton Rouge. Should I stay in Baton Rouge or somewhere else. I'm not planning on doing any nightlife while I'm there. Just planning on going to the game and then back to the hotel.

FISHDAWG
09-02-2022, 09:24 AM
First time going to a game in Baton Rouge. Should I stay in Baton Rouge or somewhere else. I'm not planning on doing any nightlife while I'm there. Just planning on going to the game and then back to the hotel.

That's the worst place in the world for traffic ... Stay there and bolt the door

redstickdawg
09-02-2022, 11:51 AM

Traffic is standstill for 2-3 hours after a game, I'd park to get a good exit as a priority. I'd look to some hotel in either Denham springs, east or Gonzales southeast as a choice. I live pretty close to LSU and we stay home or stay away from home for at least 3 hours after a game as we can't get home and would just sit in our car.

parabrave
09-02-2022, 12:02 PM

Keep your doors locked/ Bring a poncho and a bottle of Tums.

PGHBulldogBG
09-02-2022, 12:11 PM
I never realized Baton Rouge was so dangerous until I watched a documentary and it was mentioned. You don’t usually think a college town will be that dangerous, but BR is also a lot bigger than I thought.

parabrave
09-02-2022, 12:24 PM
I never realized Baton Rouge was so dangerous until I watched a documentary and it was mentioned. You don’t usually think a college town will be that dangerous, but BR is also a lot bigger than I thought.

BR was OK until Katrina.

parabrave
09-02-2022, 12:25 PM
Traffic is standstill for 2-3 hours after a game, I'd park to get a good exit as a priority. I'd look to some hotel in either Denham springs, east or Gonzales southeast as a choice. I live pretty close to LSU and we stay home or stay away from home for at least 3 hours after a game as we can't get home and would just sit in our car.

Hey Redstick our old FB coach is back in Biloxi/