PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Sallee from Bleacher Report

Okrastar1
11-24-2013, 04:55 PM
It's kinda funny watching the outrage over what he said regarding Mullen needing to be fired. I find it hilarious that state fans are eating him alive over it when it's what a lot of fans have said all along. It's kinda like being able to pick on your younger sibling, but if someone else does you wanna kill them!

Oh what a tangled web we weave as State Fanatics....

DownwardDawg
11-24-2013, 04:57 PM
It's exactly like that. I hate fans of other schools talkin about Mullen. Only State fans are allowed to bitch about our coach.

Coach34
11-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Sallee is a moron. He said last year that Mullen's seat was hotter than Cheezik's. We saw how that turned out.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 04:58 PM
It's kinda funny watching the outrage over what he said regarding Mullen needing to be fired. I find it hilarious that state fans are eating him alive over it when it's what a lot of fans have said all along. It's kinda like being able to pick on your younger sibling, but if someone else does you wanna kill them!

Oh what a tangled web we weave as State Fanatics....

What is awful is how the narrative has changed from the media.

After the Gator Bowl in 2011, the media was all saying that Dan needed to take a better job because you can't win at MSU.

Now, on the cusp of going to our 4th straight bowl game, the media is saying he should be fired.

This change in perception makes zero sense. I am actually ok with the media being on one side or the other, but many in the media flipped to the other side of the fence at some point, for really no reason

Okrastar1
11-24-2013, 04:59 PM
It's so funny watching peoples face melt when he says the exact thing most on here have said! I'm rolling watching the meltdown of some people, like HOW DARE HE SAY SUCH!!!!

dawgoneyall
11-24-2013, 05:00 PM
He really is a moron.

Okrastar1
11-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Media = Knee jerk reaction! They jump on bandwagons to get views and sell paper...

Dawgface
11-24-2013, 05:15 PM
It's one thing when family bitches about family, it's another when outsiders talk about your family.

MetEdDawg
11-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Today, you get three years to turn a program around. If you don't do it by then, you get fired. Well Mullen did that part, so he got an extension and confidence from everyone. Now over the last season and a half, we've hit a rough patch with a bowl loss, a losing record currently, and not a ton of great things going our way. So now it's easy just to say we are on the down slope and that Mullen has maxed out when in reality I think it's totally the opposite.

Go look at Florida. They have almost the exact same situation we do. Down to their 3rd QB, a lot of injuries, things haven't gone their way, but they still could get to a bowl game and salvage something. What did they do? They lost at home to Coastal Carolina and have guaranteed themselves 4-8 because they aren't beating FSU. That is a team on the decline.

Mullen has had shit luck this year with the QB situation, other injuries all over the place, replacing some very valuable seniors in key spots, and having to deal with a relatively young team. We played a shit game on the road in conference and won because we have a team that can do that now.

We've built the base, but sometimes shit gets in the way that stops the rebuilding process. All of that I listed above crushed a Florida team that has infinitely more resources, way more highly paid coaches, more highly rated stars and players, and more tradition than we could ever dream of. But it didn't crush us. We still came out, won a game we had to, and still have a chance to go bowling. I still think Mullen is the guy because of this and I'm not in the "we won in spite of Mullen" group. I think we are a young team that has a lot of potential that is fighting its way through a lot of adversity and our staff has held this ship together.

bully99
11-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Sallee just went on a hours long twitter bitch fest with Greg Ellis. Interesting. Sallee has been trashing State for years. It's nothing new.

bluelightstar
11-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Greg Ellis started that and was EXTREMELY unprofessional for doing so.

dawgoneyall
11-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Sure!!!
Just damn.

But then again...Ellis responding to an idiot is unprofessional.

And there again...I just responded to you... but me responding to an idiot isn't being unprofessional.

C222
11-24-2013, 05:38 PM
I don't think it was unprofessional at all.

bluelightstar
11-24-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't think it was unprofessional at all.

Why would you get in a "bitch-fest" with a media writer? Just ignore that; he didn't call you out. He didn't mention you. It makes our people look reactionary and thin-skinned.

bully99
11-24-2013, 05:43 PM
See nothing wrong with it. Glad somebody called Sallee out.

Okrastar1
11-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Really don't mind it, just made Ellis kinda look like a punk. Sallee writes to get views, happy or
Pissed he could care less!

Do like your parents woulda said, just take it with a grain of salt. He has nothing to do with personnel decisions

Coach34
11-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Today, you get three years to turn a program around. If you don't do it by then, you get fired. Well Mullen did that part, so he got an extension and confidence from everyone. Now over the last season and a half, we've hit a rough patch with a bowl loss, a losing record currently, and not a ton of great things going our way. So now it's easy just to say we are on the down slope and that Mullen has maxed out when in reality I think it's totally the opposite.

Go look at Florida. They have almost the exact same situation we do. Down to their 3rd QB, a lot of injuries, things haven't gone their way, but they still could get to a bowl game and salvage something. What did they do? They lost at home to Coastal Carolina and have guaranteed themselves 4-8 because they aren't beating FSU. That is a team on the decline.

Mullen has had shit luck this year with the QB situation, other injuries all over the place, replacing some very valuable seniors in key spots, and having to deal with a relatively young team. We played a shit game on the road in conference and won because we have a team that can do that now.

We've built the base, but sometimes shit gets in the way that stops the rebuilding process. All of that I listed above crushed a Florida team that has infinitely more resources, way more highly paid coaches, more highly rated stars and players, and more tradition than we could ever dream of. But it didn't crush us. We still came out, won a game we had to, and still have a chance to go bowling. I still think Mullen is the guy because of this and I'm not in the "we won in spite of Mullen" group. I think we are a young team that has a lot of potential that is fighting its way through a lot of adversity and our staff has held this ship together.

Amen brotha Amen. Best post on here in awhile that wasnt made by me

Percho
11-24-2013, 05:52 PM

Amen to your amen. I thought the same.+ 100

GTAdawg
11-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Same here. I was glad to see Gregg respond to him. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen enough in the world today. We just let it go when a stand should be made(speaking in general).

CJDAWG85
11-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Sallee sucks... He will give credit to Vandy for getting a big win in The Swamp this year when Florida sucks, but not us when we beat them down there and they were ranked and went to a bowl. That guy has never said one good thing about Mullen or MSU. He picked us to lose to UPig.

dawgoneyall
11-24-2013, 06:27 PM
My only problem with Mullen is what is saw back in 1992 from Polk....and be damn I was correct....a reduction in interest!!!! Why Mullen would have an " I'm not really interested as much" attitude I just don't get. And it was there until about two to three games ago. Deny that and you really didn't pay attention

dawgoneyall
11-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Any one who went to his callin show last year just knew....just knew.... he had rather be somewhere else. Was really strange for a man making that much money acting as he did.

civildawg
11-24-2013, 07:02 PM
After reading that twitter argument I am convinced Mullen is staying here until he leaves on his on. I miss Byrne

HoopsDawg
11-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Any one who went to his callin show last year just knew....just knew.... he had rather be somewhere else. Was really strange for a man making that much money acting as he did.

Those call in shows ARE stupid. Just b/c Mullen didn't want to answer questions from idiot fans doesn't mean he "lost his fire" or "lost interest in winning". There are some legitimate gripes against Mullen but this isn't one of them.

MetEdDawg
11-24-2013, 07:26 PM
If our fan base gets mad at Mullen for that kind of stuff, I don't even want to think about what our fan base would do if Saban was our head coach. I don't think he's answered a question since he's been at Alabama. He rips the media and fans and anyone else that gets in his way and he really doesn't care who likes him and who doesn't.

Coach34
11-24-2013, 07:28 PM
After reading that twitter argument I am convinced Mullen is staying here until he leaves on his on. I miss Byrne

I'd be prepared for another 3 years at least

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2013, 07:32 PM

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73/MSUDawgBurke/JokerSlowClap_zps7a9617b1.gif (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/MSUDawgBurke/media/JokerSlowClap_zps7a9617b1.gif.html)

Original48
11-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Sallyy CAN NOT get over the fact that nobody really recognizes their national championship outside of the Auburn family..and many of them will even give you a wink and a nod. And he blames Mullen and Mississippi State for bringing that whole situation to light.

Coach34
11-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Sallyy CAN NOT get over the fact that nobody really recognizes their national championship outside of the Auburn family..and many of them will even give you a wink and a nod. And he blames Mullen and Mississippi State for bringing that whole situation to light.

that makes perfect sense

TheDogFather
11-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Agree. He wouldn't have written if if he didn't think so many people agrees.

FlabLoser
11-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Sallee does tow the Auburn company lines on Camgate. He has told me on twitter, claiming insider knowledge, that Auburn people didn't pay anything for Cam.

Cecil's church just happened to get its bills payed and get major restoration & remodeling.

cheewgumm
11-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Why does he have to leave after 3?

I'm betting now he stays for at least 8 more... Or more. There is no reason to ever change if we are good with 6-7 wins.

And Florida will probably win another nc before we win 9.

The Croom Diaries
11-24-2013, 09:49 PM
I've written a number of articles along the same lines that Sallee wrote and was hammered as well. I've been accused of not actually being a State fan and everything else. And I've never even called for Mullen to be fired, I actually support him getting another year unless we get beat pretty bad on Thurs. so I don't by the 'I can hit my brother but you better not'.

I thought Gregg Ellis handled the exchange poorly, although I had no problem with him going after Sallee for not presenting both sides of the argument. But calling him "dumb" and saying his "17 year old could write better" was unprofessional, and I found it to be embarrassing for our athletic department to act childish. He should've just presented him with the other side of the argument and suggested he add it to his article.

Political Hack
11-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Sallee does tow the Auburn company lines on Camgate. He has told me on twitter, claiming insider knowledge, that Auburn people didn't pay anything for Cam.

Cecil's church just happened to get its bills payed and get major restoration & remodeling.

they didn't pay for Cam. they paid to help a preacher.

hells bells
11-24-2013, 10:16 PM
they didn't pay for Cam. they paid to help a preacher.

Could care less. Letting some dumb jackass get under your skin served his purpose. Can admit I finally saw Finbaum on ESPN pregame yesterday. Convinced that he and James Carvel survived the crashed in Roswell, NM.

dawgs
11-25-2013, 11:10 AM
can we stop comparing our injury situation to florida's? they aren't on the same level. florida has lost 10-12 starters for the season and over 20 starters have missed at least a game. our injuries have largely been within the expected number and severity for a BCS conference program.

EAVdog
11-25-2013, 11:21 AM
can we stop comparing our injury situation to florida's? they aren't on the same level. florida has lost 10-12 starters for the season and over 20 starters have missed at least a game. our injuries have largely been within the expected number and severity for a BCS conference program.

Florida has something like 73 Four and Five Star recruits on it's roster. Yes you are right, there is no comparing the situations.

Coach34
11-25-2013, 11:22 AM

Florida has not lost 12 starters for the season

We have lost:

Redmond for 5 games
JLove has missed 1/3 of the season
Skinner has missed 1/4 of the season
Hughes out for the season
Malone out for the season
Russell hurt 1/3 of the season
Prescott hurt a few games

Who else am I missing?

SignalToNoise
11-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Dee Arrington, Skinner, Bohana

Edit: Not sure if those guys are considered starters, just know they are/have been injured.

War Machine Dawg
11-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Florida has not lost 12 starters for the season

We have lost:

Redmond for 5 games
JLove has missed 1/3 of the season
Skinner has missed 1/4 of the season
Hughes out for the season
Malone out for the season
Russell hurt 1/3 of the season
Prescott hurt a few games

Who else am I missing?

Fred Brown missed a couple of games early with a broken wrist.

dawgs
11-25-2013, 11:49 AM
that's not an abnormally long or sever list of injuries though. no one goes a full season without injuries. you can usually assume you'll lose a few guys with season ending injuries and probably ~10 guys that get playing time will miss a game or more throughout the season.

SignalToNoise
11-25-2013, 11:54 AM
that's not an abnormally long or sever list of injuries though. no one goes a full season without injuries. you can usually assume you'll lose a few guys with season ending injuries and probably ~10 guys that get playing time will miss a game or more throughout the season.

And I'm sure schools that have 4 and 5 star talent sitting on their bench can weather the storm a lot easier than we can.

We had an injury at OL where there wasn't a lot of depth to begin with.

With they way Bama, Florida, and LSU recruit they should have very capable backups.

dawgs
11-25-2013, 12:01 PM
And I'm sure schools that have 4 and 5 star talent sitting on their bench can weather the storm a lot easier than we can.

We had an injury at OL where there wasn't a lot of depth to begin with.

With they way Bama, Florida, and LSU recruit they should have very capable backups.

you can only lose so much before inexperience and the busts out of those 4* and 5* guys catch up with you. 4* and 5* guys aren't 100% success rates, some of them bust, and they are usually the ones riding the bench that are now getting thrown on the field in key spots.

i'm working on a list of flroida's injuries for yall to compare and contrast in number and severity with our own. every team in the country has a injuries, it's football, it's gonna happen. our injuries have been within the normal range. florida's (and uga's) have been completely abnormal in numbers and severity.

drunkernhelldawg
11-25-2013, 12:07 PM

I agree. There are ways in which we are closer to greatness than ever. This team can line up and have a chance against anybody; that's been proven. Mullen is growing every day. I wish our team got the credit it deserves for the way they've hung together and improved this season.

was21
11-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I don't know why they even have the "call in" shows. They're little more than pep rallies. The coaches aren't going to give away any info through that medium.

notsofarawaydawg
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM

You're falling off C34. All this power must be really getting to you. You seemed a bit sharper when you was the Six Pack Bitch. ;) ******

dawgs
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
RE: florida injuries

all of these guys were either projected starters heading into fall camp before being injured in august or started games at some point this season for florida

WR Debose -- all season
OL Green -- all season
CB Washington -- 9 games so far (out for season)
TE Thompson -- 8 games so far (out for season)
QB Driskel -- 8 games (out for season)
DT Easley -- 8 games (out for season)
RB Jones -- 5 games (out for season)
CB Roberson -- 5 games
OL Humphries -- 4 games (now looking to be out for the final game too)
OL Moore -- 4 games (out for season)
OL Halapio -- 2 games (but played with torn pec all season)
LB Morison -- 2 games (out for season)
QB Murphy -- 2 games (quesionable for final game)
RB Showers -- 2 games
LB Kitchens -- 2 games
LB R. Powell -- 2 games
DT Cummings -- 1 game
DT Jacobs -- 1 game
DE Bullard -- 1 game
OL Silberman -- 1 game
LB Mike Taylor -- out for FSU (leading tackler)

and that's not even getting into the injuries to guys that haven't started.

so yeah, that's why we can't use the injury excuse like florida. and yet most of their fans want to send muschamp packing despite a legit injury excuse, whereas half our fans are trying to fabricate an injury excuse for mullen.

sandjunky
11-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Greg Ellis started that and was EXTREMELY unprofessional for doing so.

No, dawgbot responded to Sallee and added Greg to his response and Greg chose to respond...it was unprofessional and he should have not gotten down in the mud

Quaoarsking
11-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Did Greg Ellis do it on a personal Twitter account, or one that he uses to post official MSU athletic statements?

bluelightstar
11-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Did Greg Ellis do it on a personal Twitter account, or one that he uses to post official MSU athletic statements?

The latter.