PDA

View Full Version : Wife planned a last minute trip to the beach the 12th thru the 18th.....Weather guys,

Saltydog
08-31-2022, 10:17 AM
are there any tropical depressions looming that we should keep our eyes on? It's always "iffy" going to the Gulf this time of year.

R2Dawg
08-31-2022, 08:24 PM
are there any tropical depressions looming that we should keep our eyes on? It's always "iffy" going to the Gulf this time of year.

I'm not a weather guy but I did catch a weather guy today as he went thru one brewing coming out of Africa. It looked like it may be thru its path before that week in Sept at the Gulf.

I will also be at the Gulf that week with my wife who has a work meeting down there. Hoping to play some golf and relax in the condo.

ScoobaDawg
08-31-2022, 09:00 PM
Yes
The worst weather in history is coming.
The worst DEPRESSION EVER with winds of a fart aka 34mph.

In seriousness. You are about a week out from having even an idea for the 12th.. Let alone a week after that.

SailingDawg
09-01-2022, 04:20 PM
Doesn?t matter, you?re at the beach.

R2Dawg
09-01-2022, 07:31 PM
Yes
The worst weather in history is coming.
The worst DEPRESSION EVER with winds of a fart aka 34mph.

In seriousness. You are about a week out from having even an idea for the 12th.. Let alone a week after that.

A forecast is still know 1-2 weeks out it just isn't very accurate. The closer you get to the day you want the accuracy of the forecast goes up. I can tell you the weather in 5 min to near 100% accuracy and I ain't a meterologist.

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2022, 08:02 PM
It's impossible to mail down anything that far out...especially anything tropical in nature. As of right now, the Gulf looks quiet for the foreseeable future.

Goldendawg
09-02-2022, 03:43 PM
If you go on down to Mexico, which I don't recommend in today's world - Mexican weather forecast, "Chili today and Hot Tamale". Hail State!