PDA

View Full Version : Going to Lexington this year...

War Machine Dawg
08-27-2022, 10:06 PM
Any tips on places to visit, where to eat, etc?

Coach34
08-27-2022, 10:15 PM
McDonalds and those fries never disappoint.

TUSK
08-27-2022, 10:45 PM

Unless said fries are "cold"....

too soon?

Pancho
08-28-2022, 06:45 AM
visit the quakers

Offshore Dawg
08-28-2022, 11:49 AM

No respect, hehe

IMissJack
08-28-2022, 01:42 PM
If the horses are running at Keeneland, it is fun.

R2Dawg
08-28-2022, 04:25 PM
Any tips on places to visit, where to eat, etc?

Visit the horsetrack if open or race.

Local Taco is really really good. Very popular place. I was there a week a race was going on a few years ago. The owner of the Yankees was at Local Taco also eating.

Msudogsrule
08-29-2022, 07:54 AM
I live in Lexington, so here goes. This is not all-encompassing, as Lexington is a big town (metro area the size of Jackson).

Outings
Keeneland will be in its fall meet that week, so a good place to go and see the races. It is really pretty and some some fun food and drinks. The Bourbon Trail is always a good time if you have never been, but if you are here for just a day, I would do other stuff. Horse Farm tours are always neat... I like Clairborne Farms, where Secretariat is buried. Mountain Parkway has a bunch of state and national parks with fun stuff to do as well. The Summit is a good place to shop. Avoid the Mall.

Food
Tons of food options, so I will list my favorites. For steak, Tony's. For Mexican food, Mi Piquena Hacienda. For street tacos, Local Taco. For BBQ, Blue Door or Red State. Pizza, probably Goodfellas. If you want Ice Cream, we have a bunch of Graeter's locations here... very tasty. I love Ramsey's for their big breakfast plate and their hamburger, both of which are the best in town.

Nightlife
The Distillery District has a bunch of cool stuff all in one two block-sized area. There is Goodfellas, a bunch of bars, axe throwing, an arcade bar and lots of live music. Downtown also has a bunch of bars and live music. There is also something like four or five breweries here, like West 6th and Country Boy. West 6th has a great little seafood place attached to it.