PDA

View Full Version : Aubie AD Greene is out...

TUSK
08-26-2022, 07:06 PM
Harsin on the clock.

Dawgfan77
08-26-2022, 07:37 PM
Like sands through the hour glass

calidawg
08-26-2022, 07:45 PM
What is going on down there? Other AD's blasting the firing. Anyone provide context

TrapGame
08-26-2022, 08:18 PM
Did the boosters and alums that wanted Harsin gone pull this off?

Harsin might as well start looking right now. He'll be gone by mid October.

HancockCountyDog
08-26-2022, 08:25 PM
I was told that they told him that Harsin was gone unless he wins 9 games.

Greene told them no, and they responded with well we will just fire you both. Greene knows they ain't winning 9 games, so he decided to leave now.

He hitched his wagon to Harsin two years ago, he wanted to go down with the ship.

Au being a trainwreck is always good news for us.

TUSK
08-26-2022, 08:28 PM
What is going on down there? Other AD's blasting the firing. Anyone provide context

Auburn is an incestual, dysfunctional, good ole boy/booster run organization desperately trying to catch up with the DeathStar to the West and UGA to the NorthEast... and LSU and A&M, for that matter...

Schultzy
08-26-2022, 09:01 PM
Or maybe Harsin won and is the Alpha Dog over the AD.

I?ve been predicting them to be the surprise team this year since they kicked Alabamas ass physically last year for 58 minutes until their rb failed to get out of bounds.

Apoplectic
08-26-2022, 09:56 PM
Auburn is an incestual, dysfunctional, good ole boy/booster run organization..

Funny coming from a bammer - how easy you forget the years around dubose

TUSK
08-26-2022, 10:23 PM
Funny coming from a bammer - how easy you forget the years around dubose

I will NEVER forget that clusterphuck.

TUSK
08-26-2022, 10:37 PM
Or maybe Harsin won and is the Alpha Dog over the AD.

Actually, it was Greene who had Harsin's back.

I?ve been predicting them to be the surprise team this year since they kicked Alabamas ass physically last year for 58 minutes until their rb failed to get out of bounds.

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/84/8463e23e2d034f915acbd07a54986017.jpeg

parabrave
08-27-2022, 01:00 AM
Actually, it was Greene who had Harsin's back.

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/84/8463e23e2d034f915acbd07a54986017.jpeg

Oh I don't think you understand what that word means. With regards to Mandy Patinkin.

Todd4State
08-27-2022, 01:05 AM
I can't see Harsin coming back. He may not even be the coach when they play us. He's just not a fit at all.

It may be a good landing spot for Kiffin.

WhiskeyPirate
08-27-2022, 01:16 AM
AD lives or dies based on his hire. This signals Harsin is done.

bulldawg28
08-27-2022, 08:25 AM
I can't see Harsin coming back. He may not even be the coach when they play us. He's just not a fit at all.

It may be a good landing spot for Kiffin.

I could see Auburn getting Kiffin but that's too much pressure for any coach.

Quaoarsking
08-27-2022, 08:43 AM
Auburn's next coach: Hugh Freeze, Urban Meyer, or .... Art Briles?

basedog
08-27-2022, 09:00 AM
Saban trying to hire Freeze as OC a few years back, kinda strange but then again, he could care less except for winning. No doubt Bama alumni pays their 4 and 5-stars good money.

Say it so. In saying this, Saban is the GOAT.

TrapGame
08-27-2022, 09:17 AM
Auburn's next coach: Hugh Freeze, Urban Meyer, or .... Art Briles?

After this season Auburn will hire Freeze and tell Sankey to suck it. However, Urban would be an interesting hire, maybe a tad bit cleaner than Freeze. But does Urban have anything left in the tank?

PGHBulldogBG
08-27-2022, 09:30 AM
I predict Urban goes to Texas next year after Sark goes 7-5 this year and gets run off. Auburn is not a big enough name for Meyer to consider. Definitely seems more like Freeze as the favorite with Kiffin as a back up. If they were smart they would do what they could to get Aranda but luckily they aren’t

viverlibre
08-27-2022, 09:41 AM
The barn is gonna barn.

I wouldn't be surprised if they play better than expected this season, many times when it looked like Gus was gone, he'd rally the troops (us against the world type mantra).

MetEdDawg
08-27-2022, 11:31 AM
Auburn fans and some of their big folks think Greene didn't manage funding properly.

I think last year there was a massive stink over their basketball team having to bus to Arkansas for a game. Things like that were common enough over there where a program like Auburn shouldn't be doing it.

He definitely upset the apple cart too with the money folks. And we know how the money folks at Auburn work. They will sabotage whoever they need to in order to remain in power.

IMissJack
08-27-2022, 12:08 PM
Dan Mullen could win at Auburn, but he has probably damaged his rep with the FL situation last year.

TrapGame
08-27-2022, 01:13 PM
Dan Mullen could win at Auburn, but he has probably damaged his rep with the FL situation last year.

OMG, if Mullen goes to Auburn the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth by his fan boys will be unbearable.

Goldendawg
08-27-2022, 01:45 PM
After this season Auburn will hire Freeze and tell Sankey to suck it. However, Urban would be an interesting hire, maybe a tad bit cleaner than Freeze. But does Urban have anything left in the tank?

According to an article I read Freeze has straightened up and writer loves running around with him. Wait, never mind, article by Jerry Fallwell Jr.!******

TrapGame
08-27-2022, 01:56 PM
According to an article I read Freeze has straightened up and writer loves running around with him. Wait, never mind, article by Jerry Fallwell Jr.!******

He probably let Freeze screw his wife too.***

parabrave
08-27-2022, 03:58 PM

Well he won't have to recruit there.

HancockCountyDog
08-27-2022, 06:18 PM
If I was AU I'd be calling Matt Rhule's agent and see if he is ready to come back to college.

If not him, i'd go with Rhule's replacement at Baylor, Dave Aranda.

Actually, Aranda would be my first call if I'm AU.

War Machine Dawg
08-27-2022, 11:13 PM
Auburn is a poisoned chalice. Big name and big expectations with no ability to deliver unless all the stars align. You're going to lose to Bama and UGA most years. LSU is a tossup or loss. At least one of us, Northern Miss, Arky, and TAMU are going to be good enough to beat them every couple of years. So you're talking about 7-5, 8-4 most years with the potential for 4-8 to 6-6 if things go really bad. But they act like 10-2 is the floor, when it's actually the ceiling unless everything goes just right. Say what you will, but I still think firing Malzahn was dumb. I'd take him over Leach right now. Don't @ me.

TUSK
08-27-2022, 11:42 PM
Auburn is a poisoned chalice. Big name and big expectations with no ability to deliver unless all the stars align. You're going to lose to Bama and UGA most years. LSU is a tossup or loss. At least one of us, Northern Miss, Arky, and TAMU are going to be good enough to beat them every couple of years. So you're talking about 7-5, 8-4 most years with the potential for 4-8 to 6-6 if things go really bad. But they act like 10-2 is the floor, when it's actually the ceiling unless everything goes just right. Say what you will, but I still think firing Malzahn was dumb. I'd take him over Leach right now. Don't @ me.

this is the correct answer.

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2022, 12:21 AM
Auburn should hire Dan Mullen right now.

viverlibre
08-28-2022, 08:14 AM
There are three or four coaches who have had a little bit of success against Saban. Gus (they fired him), Urban (doubt he'd come - plus may be too toxic right now), Dabo (he certainly wouldn't come) and Freezus.

StoneDawg
08-28-2022, 08:32 AM
@War-Machine-Dawg

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-28-2022, 08:40 AM
Freeze would fit in with the boosters like hand and glove.

TrapGame
08-28-2022, 09:23 AM

This is the correct answer.

ScoobaDawg
08-28-2022, 10:36 AM
I will NEVER forget that clusterphuck.

It's rolling baby... It's rolling...

Coach34
08-28-2022, 10:42 AM
Mullen doesnt recruit hard enough for Auburn to hire him

parabrave
08-28-2022, 11:52 AM
Mullen doesnt recruit hard enough for Auburn to hire him

The Boosters will do the recruiting for him,

Reason2succeed
08-28-2022, 12:49 PM
If I was AU I'd be calling Matt Rhule's agent and see if he is ready to come back to college.

If not him, i'd go with Rhule's replacement at Baylor, Dave Aranda.

Actually, Aranda would be my first call if I'm AU.

Auburn is toxic and will have to pay off Harsin along with the new coach. They?re not getting their first pick. They will have to settle for damaged goods.

Hugh Freeze is their best bet. He can?t demand as much, won?t get any other calls, and has beaten Alabama. I would put money on Hugh Freeze being their guy.

TUSK
08-28-2022, 05:17 PM
It's rolling baby... It's rolling...

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/02/32/31/632412/3/rawImage.jpg

viverlibre
08-28-2022, 05:19 PM
The Boosters will do the recruiting for him,

That's what was said when he went to UF.

dogshiek
08-28-2022, 06:37 PM
Burn gonna burn. Their arrogance is only exceeded by their country cousins who can back it up.

Goldendawg
08-28-2022, 08:34 PM
At one point, I think AU and MSU were tied at being the SEC teams who had been put on probation the most. They do tend to cheat better than us,

calidawg
08-28-2022, 10:58 PM

It's inevitable that freeze will be at auburn.

TUSK
08-29-2022, 01:18 AM
It's inevitable that freeze will be at auburn.

https://c.tenor.com/dWVESMbKtB8AAAAd/dear-sweet-baby-jesus-praying.gif

PGHBulldogBG
08-29-2022, 07:03 AM
I’m pretty certain Freeze will be there next year too. If Auburn loses to a down Penn State team at home and then their first couple SEC games I expect them to fire Harsin mid season and announce Freeze a day or two after the Iron Bowl

PikeDawg15
08-29-2022, 09:16 AM
Here is Auburn's coaching list

Lane Kiffin
Hugh Freeze
Dave Aranda
Dave Clawson
Shane Beamer
Jeff Lebby
Shawn Clark

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-29-2022, 09:45 AM
Fans and boosters will demand a big name this time. I think your top two are Kiffin and Freeze.

PGHBulldogBG
08-29-2022, 10:02 AM
Here is Auburn's coaching list

Lane Kiffin
Hugh Freeze
Dave Aranda
Dave Clawson
Shane Beamer
Jeff Lebby
Shawn Clark

I would much rather them hire Kiffin or Freeze. Aranda or Clawson would be scary at Auburn. I originally said Auburn wouldn’t be smart enough to hire one of those two, but if they get an intelligent AD he might figure it out and grab one of them

PikeDawg15
08-29-2022, 10:10 AM
I would much rather them hire Kiffin or Freeze. Aranda or Clawson would be scary at Auburn. I originally said Auburn wouldn?t be smart enough to hire one of those two, but if they get an intelligent AD he might figure it out and grab one of them

Auburn boosters will get what auburn boosters want . Thats why they fired the AD was because he had a different vision and they only want yes men there. I think that Aranda is too smart to leave for Auburn, he knows that its a dumpster fire and what he would have to put up with every day.

There are a few notable openings that I think will happen this year IMO

Nebraska
Auburn
Florida State
Penn State
UCLA
There is also a scenario where Texas goes from 5-7 to 4-8 or 5-7 again and Texas just decides they have seen enough

FISHDAWG
08-29-2022, 11:04 AM

not to mention those folks still remember the Cam Newton fiasco and probably blame Dan for that even tho they still got away with it