PDA

View Full Version : Fight at Quitman vs. Wayne County game

Westdawg
08-25-2022, 10:02 PM
Couple men in the stands went to blows during the game. Supposedly the one running down from above was a coach of another school who was out scouting?

https://twitter.com/socialsportsms/status/1562983947965198336?s=21&t=Chvm4dfo8bNY4YLxKmhuug

99jc
08-26-2022, 05:32 AM
Couple men in the stands went to blows during the game. Supposedly the one running down from above was a coach of another school who was out scouting?

https://twitter.com/socialsportsms/status/1562983947965198336?s=21&t=Chvm4dfo8bNY4YLxKmhuug

the only thing i saw was 2 fatassed white dudes bearhugging....and the best thing about that video was the ass on the girl filming on her phone.

Patrick Tibbons
08-26-2022, 05:52 AM
That looks like Jake Mangum?s uncle, Jim Nowell. He?s coaching at Heidelberg now I believe.

WinningIsRelentless
08-26-2022, 06:58 AM
That looks like Jake Mangum?s uncle, Jim Nowell. He?s coaching at Heidelberg now I believe.

It was him.

Cooterpoot
08-26-2022, 07:09 AM
Ole Jimbo got his ass beat! LOL
He'll lose his job over that. Shades of another coach in MS HS ball that used to like to try to fight folks.

Coach34
08-26-2022, 08:37 AM
damnnnnnn. Jim is a solid coach for sure. Excellent strength coach. However, Jim doesnt always play well with others on the playground.

Maroonthirteen
08-26-2022, 08:38 AM
Sounded like dude on top row was talking smack and dude below didn't like it. ???? https://twitter.com/brooksbryant10/status/1563149611832774656?s=21&t=G9pQe2isguAe3YGoflFd9Q

SteelCurtain74
08-26-2022, 09:05 AM
Excuse my ignorance but if you are there to scout another team, do you really want to wear a shirt with the name of the school you are representing? Wouldn't you want to blend into the crowd?

dawgman15
08-26-2022, 09:09 AM
Will he be coaching tonight is the real question

Cooterpoot
08-26-2022, 09:33 AM
Will he be coaching tonight is the real question

Had he won the fight, probably. But he lost. East Jasper is a waste land.

dawgman15
08-26-2022, 09:51 AM
After rewatching the video I believe the guy who hit Jimbo cheated slightly, he asked Jimbo to enter the parking lot but began attacking before arriving at the parking lot, just my two cents

Commercecomet24
08-26-2022, 09:54 AM
Idiots.

Commercecomet24
08-26-2022, 09:54 AM
Had he won the fight, probably. But he lost. East Jasper is a waste land.

Yep.

ZedFedder
08-26-2022, 09:55 AM
What a loser. The video in this article shows him yelling at fans beforehand.

https://vicksburgnews.com/watch-jimbo-nowell-gets-into-a-fight-at-a-game/

Dawgfan77
08-26-2022, 10:53 AM
To think croom hired this tool

Commercecomet24
08-26-2022, 10:59 AM
Looks like some old mid south wrestling video, lol!

HancockCountyDog
08-26-2022, 11:15 AM
I got to admit, I sure expected a lot more from the man in blue based on the pre-fight talk,

I mean he had the high ground and was definitely more fired up than the guy that was telling him to just shut the **** up.

I would think he will be filling out unemployment paperwork by end of the day. At least he should be unemployed. Normally I would feel bad for someone losing their job over something on twitter, but I wouldn't want this guy coaching inmates on the Mean Machine.

Saltydog
08-26-2022, 11:23 AM
Ole Jimbo got his ass beat! LOL
He'll lose his job over that. Shades of another coach in MS HS ball that used to like to try to fight folks.

Which one are you referring too CP?

R2Dawg
08-26-2022, 11:32 AM
Sounded like dude on top row was talking smack and dude below didn't like it. ???? https://twitter.com/brooksbryant10/status/1563149611832774656?s=21&t=G9pQe2isguAe3YGoflFd9Q

Appeared that way, you never know what happened before that. Thing is the dude on top pursued the fight but he couldn't back it up.

And we wonder why our kids act like they do?

somebodyshotmypaw
08-26-2022, 11:39 AM
That's Jim Nowell. He's had a very quiet dismissal from a program, he's had a previous arrest, etc. He's a loud mouth dumbass, and a low class idiot. I wouldn't hire him to clean out my dog kennel.

Edited to add: he got dismissed from Franklin County before even coaching a single game. He got arrested while at Magee.

Commercecomet24
08-26-2022, 12:44 PM
Jimbo was placed on administrative leave pending investigation. He gone!

GoDawgz
08-26-2022, 01:42 PM
I see he hasnt changed, except not being able to defend himself. At this point in life, probably should learn to just shhhhh.

HancockCountyDog
08-26-2022, 01:49 PM
Jimbo was placed on administrative leave pending investigation. He gone!

That investigation is gonna be like:

https://c.tenor.com/_wlZ4LMqkHIAAAAC/grand-closing-grand-opening.gif

Commercecomet24
08-26-2022, 01:50 PM
That investigation is gonna be like:

https://c.tenor.com/_wlZ4LMqkHIAAAAC/grand-closing-grand-opening.gif

Lol, yep!

Coach34
08-26-2022, 02:09 PM
Buddy of mine is the new AD there.

WinningIsRelentless
08-26-2022, 02:15 PM

Well your buddy isn?t having a good 18 hours.

HancockCountyDog
08-26-2022, 02:16 PM
Well your buddy isn?t having a good 18 hours.

You never know - he may have been looking for a reason and this guy just gave him the easiest decision a school administrator gets.

There are tough calls and easy calls. This one falls within the easy call part.

GoDawgz
08-26-2022, 02:22 PM
I remember playing at Heidleberg in 87..... they had a working oil well behind one of the goal posts. They had to unlock the gate to get the balls out after EP's. We also had to leave right after the game because we whopped their tail 27-0 on their homecoming and they all wanted to fight. Crazy fans back then. Hope its gotten better now. Well, after Jimbo is out....

Coach34
08-26-2022, 02:41 PM
You never know - he may have been looking for a reason and this guy just gave him the easiest decision a school administrator gets.

There are tough calls and easy calls. This one falls within the easy call part.

I think this is very likely the correct answer

basedog
08-26-2022, 03:00 PM
Easy way out, just resign.

confucius say
08-26-2022, 04:25 PM
I got to admit, I sure expected a lot more from the man in blue based on the pre-fight talk,

I mean he had the high ground and was definitely more fired up than the guy that was telling him to just shut the **** up.

I would think he will be filling out unemployment paperwork by end of the day. At least he should be unemployed. Normally I would feel bad for someone losing their job over something on twitter, but I wouldn't want this guy coaching inmates on the Mean Machine.

Well it doesn't look like he had any intention of fighting until the parking lot. Looks like he was just trying to walk behind the guy to the lot and the guy started bear hugging him and swinging. Also looks like the guy in the orange threw a punch. Idiots.

Saltydog
08-26-2022, 05:19 PM
Who was the other guy and why is nobody mentioning him. He's not all innocent in this. Was he a coach at a rival institution or was he just a spectator? Anyone know? Oh yeah, who was the ***** sitting next to him who sat there quietly and didn't tell him to STFU.

Todd4State
08-26-2022, 05:33 PM
Well it doesn't look like he had any intention of fighting until the parking lot. Looks like he was just trying to walk behind the guy to the lot and the guy started bear hugging him and swinging. Also looks like the guy in the orange threw a punch. Idiots.

It looked to me like Nowell went after the guy in the stands though. Maybe I'm mistaken.

AlSwearengen
08-26-2022, 05:35 PM
Who was the other guy and why is nobody mentioning him. He's not all innocent in this. Was he a coach at a rival institution or was he just a spectator? Anyone know?

If you are talking about the guy punching him, I imagine he was just a waynesboro fan that was tired of this guy talking shit to the whole stadium. Go to waynesboro looking for a fight and it won’t take long to find.

Mjoelner34
08-26-2022, 07:25 PM
Looks like some old mid south wrestling video, lol!

https://i.giphy.com/media/12QBgS1xGmP0rK/giphy.webp

Dawgfan77
08-26-2022, 07:35 PM

But your in Shreveport...

Cooterpoot
08-26-2022, 09:32 PM
Damn cell phones!

Apoplectic
08-26-2022, 09:53 PM
If you are talking about the guy punching him, I imagine he was just a waynesboro fan that was tired of this guy talking shit to the whole stadium. Go to waynesboro looking for a fight and it won’t take long to find.

Yea he?s lucky he didn?t cut.

Although there can?t be a bigger shithole than Hburg so maybe he didn?t have time to reach for his weapon either.

Cooterpoot
08-26-2022, 10:09 PM
Don't fool with folks from Clara.

Coach34
08-26-2022, 11:02 PM
But your in Shreveport...

Do you have friends in other states? You are aware I'm from Mississippi and lived there 40 years right?

Commercecomet24
08-26-2022, 11:17 PM
Don't fool with folks from Clara.

Or buckatunna lol

Sunshine89
08-27-2022, 04:51 AM
Don't fool with folks from Clara. i don?t know the guy personally but I?ve heard the guy from Waynesboro is a derrick hand in the oil field. Reason number 1 why i wouldn?t mess with him.

Cooterpoot
08-27-2022, 06:43 AM
Or buckatunna lol

Always forget about them. LOL
Had a fraternity brother from Clara. Saw him take out 4 guys with a logging chain one night at a party.
I marked Clara off my list of places to 17 up!

chef dixon
08-27-2022, 08:10 AM
Dude probably has a few stents in his heart and a couple knee replacements. Wouldn't recommend fighting lol

Hot Rock
08-27-2022, 08:37 AM
damnnnnnn. Jim is a solid coach for sure. Excellent strength coach. However, Jim doesnt always play well with others on the playground.

You ever wonder why he doesn't play well with others? Alcohol and steroid use make a horrible combination. Cursing students at a ball game you aren't even a part of is damn stupid. The man should never be allowed to "TEACH" children again. Oh wait, he is a good coach, he gets a pass on his bad behavior.

Saltydog
08-27-2022, 08:58 AM
You ever wonder why he doesn't play well with others? Alcohol and steroid use make a horrible combination. Cursing students at a ball game you aren't even a part of is damn stupid. The man should never be allowed to "TEACH" children again. Oh wait, he is a good coach, he gets a pass on his bad behavior.

I don't recall anyone in this thread condoning his behavior or in any way indicating he should get a "pass".........

Hot Rock
08-27-2022, 12:34 PM
I don't recall anyone in this thread condoning his behavior or in any way indicating he should get a "pass".........

He threatened an administrator at his former job, seems like the fact he got another job shows people seem to let him get away with bad behavior. He should have never been hired to be a teacher again in any capacity m.

Saltydog
08-27-2022, 12:38 PM
He threatened an administrator at his former job, seems like the fact he got another job shows people seem to let him get away with bad behavior. He should have never been hired to be a teacher again in any capacity m.

Gotcha HR......Did not know that.........Guy's a hot tempered, egotistical pos for sure but I'm guess he's damaged goods at this point.......Better hope he's got his years of service in.........

Coach34
08-27-2022, 08:41 PM

Yes I am well aware of his issues. He wouldnt even shake my hand after I put up 34 points on him 2 years ago for the win and I know the guy. I could have said something to escalate the situation but I just smiled and took the W.

However, I dont think he should lose his job because he got into a fight away from work at a football game. Nobody else in any other line of work would lose their job over that. If Coleman runs him tho I get it. Optics are part of it. Optics are why I didnt get a few jobs where I was clearly the best candidate- but hey those inferior hires failed time after time which gives me pleasure.

Commercecomet24
08-27-2022, 09:10 PM
Always forget about them. LOL
Had a fraternity brother from Clara. Saw him take out 4 guys with a logging chain one night at a party.
I marked Clara off my list of places to 17 up!

Lol! Yeah the whole area there's some pretty bad dudes(and some bad women too). Clara, Buckatunna, Beat 4.

Todd4State
08-28-2022, 01:56 AM
Yes I am well aware of his issues. He wouldnt even shake my hand after I put up 34 points on him 2 years ago for the win and I know the guy. I could have said something to escalate the situation but I just smiled and took the W.

However, I dont think he should lose his job because he got into a fight away from work at a football game. Nobody else in any other line of work would lose their job over that. If Coleman runs him tho I get it. Optics are part of it. Optics are why I didnt get a few jobs where I was clearly the best candidate- but hey those inferior hires failed time after time which gives me pleasure.

I'm not in your line of work but I would absolutely be fired if I did that.

Todd4State
08-28-2022, 01:57 AM
Lol! Yeah the whole area there's some pretty bad dudes(and some bad women too). Clara, Buckatunna, Beat 4.

The people I used to sit with at MSU games are from that area. The Mom of the group almost kicked some Bama fans ass circa 2015. The Bama fans wisely simmered down. LOL.

Todd4State
08-28-2022, 01:59 AM
Gotcha HR......Did not know that.........Guy's a hot tempered, egotistical pos for sure but I'm guess he's damaged goods at this point.......Better hope he's got his years of service in.........

Anger management was made for people like him. However, I think he goes beyond "take a deep breath and count to 10".

Coach34
08-28-2022, 02:01 AM
I'm not in your line of work but I would absolutely be fired if I did that.

As a health professional- u would lose your job because you got beat up online? I have a hard time believing that

somebodyshotmypaw
08-28-2022, 07:29 AM

I would lose my job. Because he’s at a football game, wearing his team’s shirt, scouting a team he plays this season, it will not be considered “away from work”.

ZedFedder
08-28-2022, 08:45 AM

Not all jobs are directly related to leading, developing, and helping teenagers who look up to you, either. Not all jobs are created with the same responsibilities and consequences.

Todd4State
08-28-2022, 11:13 AM
As a health professional- u would lose your job because you got beat up online? I have a hard time believing that
Yeah. Because I would lose my license.

WinningIsRelentless
08-28-2022, 11:28 AM

If he didn?t have his teams shirt on he might could get away with it. But with him wearing his team shirt he has zero chance of not being fired.

Commercecomet24
08-28-2022, 06:29 PM
The people I used to sit with at MSU games are from that area. The Mom of the group almost kicked some Bama fans ass circa 2015. The Bama fans wisely simmered down. LOL.

Yeah you really don't wanna screw with those folks, men or women.

GoDawgz
08-29-2022, 09:31 AM
Advertising his employers name on his shirt, making a total spectacle of himself, provoking a physical altercation with a spectator that was not in self defense and then getting the worst end of it all with your photo of a bloody face with said shirt posted everywhere for all the world to see..... yes most respectable employers would run you for behavior unbecoming of the company's values. Mine would. And unfortunately for him it might be his last chance. Just a bad look all the way around.