PDA

View Full Version : HULU or YouTubeTV

Maverick91
08-25-2022, 05:52 PM
I have had Hulu live before kept glitching. I really like their interface though. Thinking about doing YouTubeTV for sports this fall. Any suggestions?

Mjoelner34
08-25-2022, 06:09 PM
Try this:https://www.suppose.tv/tv

You can use it to build the channels you want and it will point you to different packages. I'm out in the woods and still waiting on 4-County to make it to my place with their broadband. I'll use it then to pick what I want.

parabrave
08-25-2022, 06:56 PM

You can use it to build the channels you want and it will point you to different packages. I'm out in the woods and still waiting on 4-County to make it to my place with their broadband. I'll use it then to pick what I want.

Sht^ I'm in a city and Cable is about to go up another 10 bucks. It's time to go to streaming. I will be keeping basic cable for the internet but what are some streaming sites that I can get ESPN and other sports channels>

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2022, 06:57 PM
Have had YouTube TV for a little over a year. Other than not having the Braves, I've liked it much more than Hulu. No glitches, great dvr. Easy to use. However, it wasn't for sports, I'd drop it. More and more I only binge watch stuff on other services and rarely watch network current network shows.

Catfish
08-25-2022, 07:47 PM
Have had YouTube TV for a little over a year. Other than not having the Braves, I've liked it much more than Hulu. No glitches, great dvr. Easy to use. However, it wasn't for sports, I'd drop it. More and more I only binge watch stuff on other services and rarely watch network current network shows.

Agree, I have YouTube tv and love the sports. Just wish they would add the reelz and A&E channels.

BeardoMSU
08-25-2022, 07:48 PM
Not sure if its still available, but I got a bundle for HULU, ESPN+, and Disney+ for a great deal. Highly recommend.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-25-2022, 08:10 PM
YouTube TV has less glitches, but if there was an A La Carte service that only had Sports programming i would pay for that and drop everything else.

DownwardDawg
08-25-2022, 08:45 PM
Download Tubi and watch Vernon. Filmed in Laurel. Local MSU boy stars as a bank robber.

Coach34
08-25-2022, 09:47 PM
Hulu is fine by me along with ESPN+

No issues at all

basedog
08-26-2022, 06:45 AM

Thanks for sharing, I have direct tv, had since 94 and was told I was second customer in Mississippi to receive their service. I'm getting tired of negotiating with then every year with cost of service. I get someone on the phone (as we all do) who can't speak good English.

I looked over the web u provided, interesting.

Btw, I have at&t interenet (as well as a Roku and Firestick) not the fastest in the world so I'm wondering what the biggest issue is say with You Tube?

Desoto1967
08-26-2022, 08:28 AM
YoutubeTv and the FRNDLY app. $6.99 for all the other channels missing

Hypnodawg
08-26-2022, 08:50 AM
The DVR function of YTTV is far superior to Hulu Live. The ability to skip commercials is what really sets it apart from Hulu Live.

For best picture quality, nothing beats an OTA antenna but obviously it must be on a local network. Picture quality on YTTV and the ESPN app are better than the feed from Comcast in Huntsville. I seem to notice a phenomena where watching a fully recorded game on YTTV has better quality than live. Makes since as it will have better encoding applied server side as opposed to live encoding.

I use YTTV/Netflix/Prime at my hunting camp with a cell phone and Roku. Live games can be very glitchy, but watching recorded ones is almost always smooth.

DEDawg
08-26-2022, 08:58 AM
I did a month trial of both a couple years back and ended up going with YTTV. Way better interface, DVR, and software.

coachnorm
08-26-2022, 09:40 AM
Thanks for sharing, I have direct tv, had since 94 and was told I was second customer in Mississippi to receive their service. I'm getting tired of negotiating with then every year with cost of service. I get someone on the phone (as we all do) who can't speak good English.

I looked over the web u provided, interesting.

Btw, I have at&t interenet (as well as a Roku and Firestick) not the fastest in the world so I'm wondering what the biggest issue is say with You Tube?

If you have a decent smart television Firestick is a downgrade compared to the television's capability to work directly with the internet apps. My neighbor had Firestick problems with the Firestick device on his older television. He went to Costco and got an inexpensive new television and setup without Firestick and he is a happy camper currently. You can keep your internet provider, whatever it is and go YTTV. You can share your YTTV with family 4 members. for $65.00. Your family members can then share their apps with you in return. You get all but regional sports networks with YTTV. By all means get rid of the DirecTV which is really AT&T in disguise.

CarolinaDawgs
08-26-2022, 10:55 AM
This is year 3 for me on YT TV. Never had a single issue. Also, can watch it on my phone anywhere and anytime.

basedog
08-26-2022, 01:14 PM
If you have a decent smart television Firestick is a downgrade compared to the television's capability to work directly with the internet apps. My neighbor had Firestick problems with the Firestick device on his older television. He went to Costco and got an inexpensive new television and setup without Firestick and he is a happy camper currently. You can keep your internet provider, whatever it is and go YTTV. You can share your YTTV with family 4 members. for $65.00. Your family members can then share their apps with you in return. You get all but regional sports networks with YTTV. By all means get rid of the DirecTV which is really AT&T in disguise.

Appreciate the info coachnorm. I have Roku in main room and firestick in bedroom. I will probably make the switch soon, I looked at the suppose tv thingy and it was helpful.

BrunswickDawg
08-26-2022, 01:54 PM

One thing I found about Firestick is you have to have good internet speeds for streaming to work well. I had shit AT&T they claimed was "fiber", but was still copper lines that inked to a fiber backbone a quarter mile from my house. Their tech who came to my house regularly told me he was embarrassed they claimed it was fiber because it could only max out at 5 mbps and "you are so far from the fiber I'm shocked you can stream anything". I finally went with Xfinity cable internet and blast 900 mbps even when my son is home and is gaming.

basedog
08-26-2022, 02:57 PM
One thing I found about Firestick is you have to have good internet speeds for streaming to work well. I had shit AT&T they claimed was "fiber", but was still copper lines that inked to a fiber backbone a quarter mile from my house. Their tech who came to my house regularly told me he was embarrassed they claimed it was fiber because it could only max out at 5 mbps and "you are so far from the fiber I'm shocked you can stream anything". I finally went with Xfinity cable internet and blast 900 mbps even when my son is home and is gaming.

Do you have to have fiber to get YTYV? Also is it a high resolution?

Captain Falcon
08-26-2022, 03:54 PM
Do you have to have fiber to get YTYV? Also is it a high resolution?

Doesn?t require fiber, I only have OK internet speed and it works great for me. They do have a 4K add on I think but the picture quality of the standard YTTV package has always looked good to me.

basedog
08-26-2022, 04:45 PM
Doesn?t require fiber, I only have OK internet speed and it works great for me. They do have a 4K add on I think but the picture quality of the standard YTTV package has always looked good to me.

Thanks man.

ScoobaDawg
08-27-2022, 11:06 AM
Have had YouTube TV for years now.. Ever since Playstation vue got killed off. Which I had for a couple of years.

Price keeps ticking up. Can't complain as it's way cheaper than when I was with cable. But other than sports.. Only a half dozen channels or so I watch.

Catfish
08-27-2022, 11:22 AM
Agree, I was paying $120-$150 for Directv. Switched to YouTube TV for $69.

Mjoelner34
08-27-2022, 11:45 AM

As I said in my earlier post, I'm out in the sticks (although its only 2 miles from campus) and can't even get DSL much less fiber so I run my internet off of a Verizon mobile hotspot. I have a Firestick I only use to watch MSU baseball and I haven't had a problem just running it off of that. I just have to watch how often I use the Firestick because of data limitations with the hotspot. The 'unlimited data' they offer just means they won't cut off your service. They will just drop you to dial-up speed at which point you can't even check email half the time. I just checked my speed and I'm getting 23.67 download and 9.48 upload.

I haven't used that suppose.tv link in a while since I can't get broadband out here yet but the last time I ran through it, it showed that my best combo was going to be the lowest DISH contract plus fuboTV. I have DTV now. The broadband line is already strung by my house but I'm not scheduled to get hooked up until next spring. I've heard however that they may be ahead of schedule so I'm hoping I can get it around Christmas.

Maverick91
08-27-2022, 07:49 PM
Welp! YouTubeTV won. Thanks for the input

War Machine Dawg
08-27-2022, 09:50 PM
Welp! YouTubeTV won. Thanks for the input

Good call. As Brunswick said, other than not having the Braves, I've got all the sports coverage I want. And the unlimited DVR space is baller.

rowdy53103
09-02-2022, 09:50 AM
FYI. YoutubeTV has a 21 day trial and then $10/month off for 3 months right now