PDA

View Full Version : DWS future plans

Maroonthirteen
08-24-2022, 01:12 PM
Don't go cheap Cohen! Please look at what Oregon State did and their study on renovation vs rebuild. Pages 12-13 in the link below.

Drop it to the ground and start over with something first class.

https://leadership.oregonstate.edu/sites/leadership.oregonstate.edu/files/fac_6a_capital_project_reser_stadium_west_grandsta nds_presentation.pdf

FISHDAWG
08-24-2022, 02:31 PM
Don't go cheap Cohen! Please look at what Oregon State did and their study on renovation vs rebuild. Pages 12-13 in the link below.

https://leadership.oregonstate.edu/sites/leadership.oregonstate.edu/files/fac_6a_capital_project_reser_stadium_west_grandsta nds_presentation.pdf

We can't touch the other schools with NIL but you're advocating a tear down and build back ???

ETA - I'm a commercial construction estimator and I don't think you really grasp what your saying

WinningIsRelentless
08-24-2022, 02:34 PM
We can't touch the other schools with NIL but you're advocating a tear down and build back ???

ETA - I'm a commercial construction estimator and I don't think you really grasp what your saying

Haha I don?t think he does either. For what we have now to tear down and rebuild would be at least 500MM.

FISHDAWG
08-24-2022, 02:39 PM
Haha I don?t think he does either. For what we have now to tear down and rebuild would be at least 500MM.

not to mention REALLY pissing off our dead injuns

State82
08-24-2022, 03:33 PM

Yep.

Thick
08-24-2022, 04:23 PM
The plans for the south end zone were done when Byrne was the AD, and I could have sworn that we discussed this a few years ago. Cohen would stick with those plans unless something has changed, not to mention we need to fill what we have right now. That?s a stretch bc everything?s so damn expensive?..including the tailgating.

Goldendawg
08-24-2022, 04:31 PM
New west side restrooms are terrible!**** Actually have to wait in line for one of those new wall urinals, never had to wait with "Templeton Troughs", even allowing time to rinse off shoes!***

Maroonthirteen
08-24-2022, 05:25 PM
Rumor is......renovations to the west side 100 and 200 level to turn them into suites. Only south endzone additions would be to add more of those cabanas or whatever you call them.

There will be an announcement late fall. We will know for sure then the details.

Goldendawg
08-24-2022, 05:27 PM
Rumor is......renovations to the west side 100 and 200 level to turn them into suites. Only south endzone additions would be to add more of those cabanas or whatever you call them.

There will be an announcement late fall. We will know for sure then the details.

"Trolley Cars".

Maroonthirteen
08-24-2022, 05:37 PM
No, I am not in construction. However I can read and see that Oregon State dropped their west side to the ground and is rebuilding something modern and beautiful. The estimated total cost, including interest and all, is $325 million.

Oregon State's athletic budget has been $10-30 million less per year than Mississippi State for the last 7 years. Mississippi State's athletic budget will probably exceed Oregon States by $50-60 million when new TV deals are negotiated.

Oregon State estimates that adding more premium seating will generate enough addition income to cover cost to repay loans and interest. However Oregon State has raised approximately $90 in private funds for the project.

I just don't get why MSU would pour $40-50 million into renovating an 100 year old structure. Especially when your revenue is at an all time high and is likely to increase by $30 million per year in the next two years.

WSOPdawg
08-24-2022, 05:45 PM
...I just don't get why MSU would pour $40-50 million into renovating an 100 year old structure. Especially when your revenue is at an all time high and is likely to increase by $30 million per year in the next two years.

But but but but, while most other SEC universities "invest" in their athletic facilities and programs, we at MSU (under Cohen and Keenum's leadership tutelage) had a healthy "rainy day fund" of $25+M when the pandemic hit that helped us survive when no other SEC institutions could -- oh, wait, they all survived and arguably did not succumb the futility the Cohen-led 2021-22 teams endured.

I hope my sarcasm above is detectable by all.

AlSwearengen
08-24-2022, 06:44 PM
No, I am not in construction. However I can read and see that Oregon State dropped their west side to the ground and is rebuilding something modern and beautiful. The estimated total cost, including interest and all, is $325 million.

Oregon State's athletic budget has been $10-30 million less per year than Mississippi State for the last 7 years. Mississippi State's athletic budget will probably exceed Oregon States by $50-60 million when new TV deals are negotiated.

Oregon State estimates that adding more premium seating will generate enough addition income to cover cost to repay loans and interest. However Oregon State has raised approximately $90 in private funds for the project.

I just don't get why MSU would pour $40-50 million into renovating an 100 year old structure. Especially when your revenue is at an all time high and is likely to increase by $30 million per year in the next two years.

I know nothing about the numbers you are quoting, but keep in mind, Oregon has Phil Knight writing checks left and right and he could fund that whole amount by himself.

Goldendawg
08-24-2022, 06:46 PM
But but but but, while most other SEC universities "invest" in their athletic facilities and programs, we at MSU (under Cohen and Keenum's leadership tutelage) had a healthy "rainy day fund" of $25+M when the pandemic hit that helped us survive when no other SEC institutions could -- oh, wait, they all survived and arguably did not succumb the futility the Cohen-led 2021-22 teams endured.

I hope my sarcasm above is detectable by all.

Sorry, only if you add ******* Hail State!

Goldendawg
08-24-2022, 06:53 PM
I know nothing about the numbers you are quoting, but keep in mind, Oregon has Phil Knight writing checks left and right and he could fund that whole amount by himself.

Phil Knight is a tennis shoe salesman. We have "cigar boys" and $ is no object! Seriously, I would like to see something done to the South end zone and chair backs in the lower sections at least. 60K or so seats should be fine in today's & future sports climate. Went to practice last Saturday and interested to see how the new sections in upper deck West work out.

magrooder
08-24-2022, 06:54 PM

Does Phil Knight give to Oregon State as well as Oregon? The construction is being done by Oregon State.

Goldendawg
08-24-2022, 07:09 PM
Does Phil Knight give to Oregon State as well as Oregon? The construction is being done by Oregon State.

Oregon/Oregon State, Mississippi/Mississippi State, what's the difference?**** Most of America gets us all mixed up.

R2Dawg
08-24-2022, 07:51 PM

Stupid take and dumb use of a lot of money.

AlSwearengen
08-24-2022, 07:58 PM

I’ll go mind my own business for the rest of the night and quit being a dumbass in public.

Cooterpoot
08-25-2022, 07:01 AM

That last part is false. They're going to do some balconies, lower level chairbacks, make the Seal building premium and do a rooftop from what I was told. It's going to look good. There might be some additional open areas too. The plans on it will come out soon.

Offshore Dawg
08-25-2022, 07:56 AM
I’ll go mind my own business for the rest of the night and quit being a dumbass in public.

"Final answer" ^^^^^^^^^

Maroonthirteen
08-25-2022, 08:49 AM
I hope you are right on lower level chairbacks. I understood that to be a "maybe" at this point.

Pinto
08-25-2022, 03:00 PM
If we did a total rebuild, I know won?t happen, I?d like to build a European soccer style stadium. Hold 65K tops but have a roof over all the patrons.

BHildreth3
08-25-2022, 04:03 PM
Here are some great ideas for Endzone updates:

https://www.gensler.com/projects/san-diego-state-university-snapdragon-stadium

https://static2.gensler.com/uploads/hero_element/19843/thumb_desktop/thumbs/project-sdsu-snapdragon-stadium-06-2000x1125_1657135314_1024x576.jpg

https://static1.gensler.com/uploads/hero_element/19844/thumb_desktop/thumbs/project-sdsu-snapdragon-stadium-07-2000x1125_1657135329_1024x576.jpg

BrunswickDawg
08-26-2022, 02:05 PM
That last part is false. They're going to do some balconies, lower level chairbacks, make the Seal building premium and do a rooftop from what I was told. It's going to look good. There might be some additional open areas too. The plans on it will come out soon.

I know we don't want to "cheapen" the unique quality of the LFL - but frankly could you imagine replicating that in the South EZ and what type of tailgate scene that would give us? Especially if there was a good way to connect it to The Junction. To me, it would be in huge demand.

Maroonthirteen
08-27-2022, 07:11 AM
Texas Tech, a school in a dying conference with $20 million less annual revenue (over the last 6 years) than Mississippi State, is set to invest $200 million in their football stadium.

https://www.si.com/college/texas-tech/news/red-raiders-football-investment-womble-center-stadium-expansion-update

I really wish Steve, Robbie, David.....would ask Cohen the tough questions on these latest capital improvements. Why did we just renovate the hump? Since we went cheap on the Hump, why are we just renovating DWS west side? Why are we adding temporary structures like tents, cabanas and Balconies to the west and south?

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2022, 08:59 AM
Texas Tech, a school in a dying conference with $20 million less annual revenue (over the last 6 years) than Mississippi State, is set to invest $200 million in their football stadium.

https://www.si.com/college/texas-tech/news/red-raiders-football-investment-womble-center-stadium-expansion-update

I really wish Steve, Robbie, David.....would ask Cohen the tough questions on these latest capital improvements. Why did we just renovate the hump? Since we went cheap on the Hump, why are we just renovating DWS west side? Why are we adding temporary structures like tents, cabanas and Balconies to the west and south?

Agree but Texas Tech is rich. Their endowment is 3 times bigger than ours. Texas money is different.

Maroonthirteen
08-27-2022, 10:00 AM
Yes. Looks like Jones ATT has naming rights. However says a portion will be financed. But their annual donations to athletics is less than State's.