PDA

View Full Version : ole miss run defense

TopconDog
11-24-2013, 03:28 PM
In sec games ole miss gives up 210 yards a game,i hope we line up and run right at these pricks,i think we can

DawgsBite34
11-24-2013, 03:33 PM
There is no doubt we WILL. If we have Dak we will dominate their asses. I think Williams gets it done if Dak really is out. I have a hunch Mullen is playing mind games with Rev. Freeze

Todd4State
11-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Since we're a run first offense- I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't run it at them.

blacklistedbully
11-24-2013, 06:01 PM
LP will heal enough to let DM start him again, as will TR. DM will try running LP between tackles, as he has done without fail the past 2 seasons. OM will stuff it, we will abandon the run, other than trying to "fool them" by having TR run it for no gain. This will lead to us being too far behind, thus needing to pass to win, but TR will be too injured, hang on to the ball too long, etc, etc. Same song, different verse.

We will have a great chance if DM is forced to use different personnel than he wants if LP & TR are really too hurt to play. We barely beat what was easily the worst team in the SEC in OT. Do you really think we do that without JRob's contribution? Every time we fans see JRob perform well, we convince ourselves that Mullen must see it too. But he doesn't. It has been so obvious to everyone and his brother, but for some reason not to the man who gets paid $2.7 mill to be the expert and make the call.

I am pulling for our Dawgs, bleed maroon as much or more than anybody, and have single-handedly taken on dozens of OM fans on Rivals for years, without fail, to the point where I'm hated by them there as much or more than Coach is on other boards. But when it comes to again trusting Mullen to put us in the best possible position to win, I'll believe it when I see it.

It's hard to have faith in a man who makes the same mistakes over & over & over again. It's not the losing that kills it for me, rather it's trying the same shit that hasn't worked again & again. I just don't get it.

I am hoping & praying between now & kickoff that Dan will have a sudden epiphany, realizing after getting a healthy dose of JRob forced upon him that this is the way we need to roll. I hope & pray I never, ever, ever have to see Devon Bell attempt another FG. Every time Dan runs him out there, I lose another piece of faith in Dan and question his judgement. Every time I see TR line up with just LP in the backfield, a lose more faith.

I have yet to see Dan do much other than that unless forced to by injury. We need our coach to recognize what's best for us, not have it foisted upon him by fortune & happenstance.

I WILL be behind our Dawgs 100%, and will pull like hell for Dan to have the game of his life. But by God, I hope it is a true revelation by Dan if he's going to continue as our coach. We will not succeed in the future if he doesn't improve a great deal in personnel decisions & play-calling.

Todd4State
11-24-2013, 06:04 PM
LP will heal enough to let DM start him again, as will TR. DM will try running LP between tackles, as he has done without fail the past 2 seasons. OM will stuff it, we will abandon the run, other than trying to "fool them" by having TR run it for no gain. This will lead to us being too far behind, thus needing to pass to win, but TR will be too injured, hang on to the ball too long, etc, etc. Same song, different verse.

We will have a great chance if DM is forced to use different personnel than he wants if LP & TR are really too hurt to play. We barely beat what was easily the worst team in the SEC in OT. Do you really think we do that without JRob's contribution? Every time we fans see JRob perform well, we convince ourselves that Mullen must see it too. But he doesn't. It has been so obvious to everyone and his brother, but for some reason not to the man who gets paid $2.7 mill to be the expert and make the call.

I am pulling for our Dawgs, bleed maroon as much or more than anybody, and have single-handedly taken on dozens of OM fans on Rivals for years, without fail, to the point where I'm hated by them there as much or more than Coach is on other boards. But when it comes to again trusting Mullen to put us in the best possible position to win, I'll believe it when I see it.

It's hard to have faith in a man who makes the same mistakes over & over & over again. It's not the losing that kills it for me, rather it's trying the same shit that hasn't worked again & again. I just don't get it.

I am hoping & praying between now & kickoff that Dan will have a sudden epiphany, realizing after getting a healthy dose of JRob forced upon him that this is the way we need to roll. I hope & pray I never, ever, ever have to see Devon Bell attempt another FG. Every time Dan runs him out there, I lose another piece of faith in Dan and question his judgement. Every time I see TR line up with just LP in the backfield, a lose more faith.

I have yet to see Dan do much other than that unless forced to by injury. We need our coach to recognize what's best for us, not have it foisted upon him by fortune & happenstance.

I WILL be behind our Dawgs 100%, and will pull like hell for Dan to have the game of his life. But by God, I hope it is a true revelation by Dan if he's going to continue as our coach. We will not succeed in the future if we doesn't improve a great deal in personnel decisions & play-calling.

Well said.

CJDAWG85
11-24-2013, 06:16 PM
TSUN is 0-4 when allowing 200 or more rushing yards... 7-0 when allow in less then 200 rushing yards...

Percho
11-24-2013, 06:21 PM
As a first time head coach I would think it would very hard for one to not be partial to the guys who came on board when I first begin as, the man. I believe as this and maybe the next group of seniors depart for the balance of their lives CDM will change some in that manner of his coaching.

Todd4State
11-24-2013, 06:25 PM
As a first time head coach I would think it would very hard for one to not be partial to the guys who came on board when I first begin as, the man. I believe as this and maybe the next group of seniors depart for the balance of their lives CDM will change some in that manner of his coaching.

Then how do you explain Devon Bell punting over Swedenburg some and the Milton debacle yesterday?

Percho
11-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Then how do you explain Devon Bell punting over Swedenburg some and the Milton debacle yesterday?

Mind boggling is my only explanation. I guess maybe at practice Bell punts 60 yards and coach thinks, man we could use those extra yards, I can not answer you. I know I have seen high school coaches who were partial to upperclassmen and women when younger players were better. I'm sure you have seen that also. I have wanted to see more of Milton all year. I guess I see now why we haven't seen much of him. I guess what I am hoping is that coach is still growing as a coach and we will see some changes in the future.

blacklistedbully
11-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Mullen has said time & again the job is won at the previous week's practice. But a coach has to realize when a guy is a choker. Bell is a classic choker. Look the word up in the dictionary and you'll see a pic of #40 inset with the definition.

I have known and played with players like that. They are relaxed and kick ass in practice, but once the game is on-the-line, they get nervous & tighten up to the point where they can't perform worth a damn. And every time they fail, they get a little more mental, which in turn makes them too nervous to perform, etc, etc. It's a vicious cycle and a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I get the strategy of giving a guy a second or even third chance, in the hope that your display of confidence will rub off on him and give him the self-confidence he needs to get back on track. But our HC needs to recognize when it's time to cut-bait-and-run. We are so far beyond that point that I stopped blaming Bell and started blaming DM for Bell's failure. Bell can't fail us if he's not continued to be given the opportunity.