PDA

View Full Version : Hot takes for the 2022 College Football Season

PikeDawg15
08-21-2022, 09:11 PM
It?s less than 2 weeks until the real games kick off, what are some of you guys?s hot takes for the upcoming season

I?ll start with 2

1. Auburn does not make bowl game

2. Alabama does not win the national championship

3. Hugh Freeze will be an Sec Coach once again before 2022 is over

StarkVegasSteve
08-21-2022, 09:18 PM
1. We finish 2nd in the West
2. Houston is the G5 team closest to making the playoffs
3. Texas underachieves again and Sark is canned for Urban Meyer

Homedawg
08-21-2022, 09:24 PM
It?s less than 2 weeks until the real games kick off, what are some of you guys?s hot takes for the upcoming season

I?ll start with 2

1. Auburn does not make bowl game

2. Alabama does not win the national championship

3. Hugh Freeze will be an Sec Coach once again before 2022 is over

1 - true
2- I wouldn't touch that
3- a huge false

Homedawg
08-21-2022, 09:31 PM
1. We finish 2nd in the West
2. Houston is the G5 team closest to making the playoffs
3. Texas underachieves again and Sark is canned for Urban Meyer

1- maroon glasses.
2- true
3- no he won't and no

Reason2succeed
08-22-2022, 12:21 AM
Some of those takes aren?t even that hot. I?ll try.

1. The Playoffs are Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and this year?s Cinderella.
2. Vanderbilt will win an SEC game. 🤣🤣🤣
3. Ole Miss wins their first five games and loses their last 5 games.

Maroonthirteen
08-22-2022, 05:45 AM
Tennessee will be undefeated heading into the Alabama game. Alabama will have a physical game v Arkansas and then a rematch with aTm in the weeks prior. Tennessee sneaks up and beats Alabama this year.

PGHBulldogBG
08-22-2022, 07:09 AM
If Bama doesn’t win the title it would probably be Ohio State. UGA will probably be 3rd or 4th best but they lost a lot and Clemson will be brutal on defense but their offense won’t be as good as Bama, OSU or UGA. The next best team is probably Michigan and we saw what happened to them when they played UGA last year. No one else is really in the ball park of those other teams. ND is always overrated and traditional powers like LSU, USCw, Oregon, Oklahoma are rebuilding. I don’t really see anyone but Bama or OSU winning it unless UGA does again which would mean Kirby Smart could become the next Saban

Maverick91
08-22-2022, 08:01 AM
1. LSU doesn?t have a winning record.
2. Out of USC, Oklahoma, and Miami. Miami will finish ranked higher.
3. Vandy wins 2 SEC games.

TrapGame
08-22-2022, 08:48 AM
1. Harsin is fired halfway through the season.
2. Georgia loses two games.
3. Notre Dame will not be in the top 25 at season's end.

Tater
08-22-2022, 10:09 AM
The bottom two schools in the West will be the Tigers and the Tigers.

Purdue will win 10+ games.

Kansas State will win 10+ games and the Big 12.

Miami will win the ACC

The top 5 Heisman finalists will be CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, Will Rogers, Tyler Van Dyke, and the winner: Adrian Martinez.

Coach34
08-22-2022, 10:09 AM
1. Nobody stays within 9 of Bama this season.
2. Leach becomes the 1st coach in over 60 years to lose 3 Egg Bowls in a row and keeps his job.
3. State loses all 3 rain games it plays in 2022.
4. Tennessee wins 10 games
5. Miami wins the ACC

msstate7
08-22-2022, 10:10 AM
Delete

FISHDAWG
08-22-2022, 11:07 AM
We beat Kentucky at their house
We will miss Key field goals in two games that could have tied or beaten the opposing team
We got to the Music City Bowl ... Which id OK by me since I also have a residence an hour East of Nashville

PGHBulldogBG
08-22-2022, 11:16 AM
The bottom two schools in the West will be the Tigers and the Tigers.

Purdue will win 10+ games.

Kansas State will win 10+ games and the Big 12.

Miami will win the ACC

The top 5 Heisman finalists will be CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, Will Rogers, Tyler Van Dyke, and the winner: Adrian Martinez.

Not real sold on the Purdue pick but Kansas State is set up to win the big 12 with the Oklahoma schools rebuilding. Klieman is a perfect fit at KSU. I still think Baylor will probably win the conference, but KState is a good pick

PikeDawg15
08-22-2022, 01:09 PM
I will add more

4. State upsets Georgia

5. The playoff will be
#1 Alabama 13-0
#2 Ohio State 13-0
#3 Utah 13-0
#4 Miami 12-1

Alabama kills Miami BUT Ohio State Barely beats Utah BUT turns around and beats Alabama by double digits in the National Title

#5 Mississippi State makes a NY6 bowl after a 9-3 Season.

#6 Arkansas gets stunned by South Carolina week 2

#7 App State goes undefeated and 13-0 with wins over North Carolina and Texas A&M

PikeDawg15
08-22-2022, 01:12 PM
Not real sold on the Purdue pick but Kansas State is set up to win the big 12 with the Oklahoma schools rebuilding. Klieman is a perfect fit at KSU. I still think Baylor will probably win the conference, but KState is a good pick

Auburn will be effing terrible I agree, either 4-8 or 5-7

But I think LSU is going at bare minimum 7-5 but Im thinking 8-4 with only losses to State, Alabama, Tennessee, and Arkansas

I think #6 in the west is going to be Ole Miss. But they will be top #10 at one point in the season and will host college gameday but finish 7-5 or maybe even 6-6 if they do not beat kentucky

basedog
08-22-2022, 01:14 PM
I don't have a clue, but college football is changing quickly.

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2022, 01:40 PM
Until Hugh can handle on simple question, only the Baptist date hire him.

That question happens to be, who were the hookers for, coach?

DownwardDawg
08-22-2022, 01:46 PM
We beat Kentucky at their house
We will miss Key field goals in two games that could have tied or beaten the opposing team
We got to the Music City Bowl ... Which id OK by me since I also have a residence an hour East of Nashville

Where is your residence? I'm in Sumner county. Hendersonville/Gallatin line.

DownwardDawg
08-22-2022, 01:47 PM
Freeze will be back. I believe that 100%. Money makes people not care.

FISHDAWG
08-22-2022, 01:56 PM
Where is your residence? I'm in Sumner county. Hendersonville/Gallatin line.

Cookeville, TN .... I have a residence directly across the road from Cummins Falls. My Father-in -Law sold the property to the state to create Cummins Falls State Park and we still own the bordering property (he passed and my wife inherited the property ... until I retire my main residence is still in North Atlanta.

Actually I went to school in Nashville (Lipscomb University) ... But I've been a State fan since 73 when a cousin of mine played for state and have had other family members play for state. I've just always had a close relationship to MSU ... Donald Ray King was a teammate of mine in high school... was raised in Jones County (Laurel area)

PikeDawg15
08-22-2022, 01:58 PM
Freeze will be back. I believe that 100%. Money makes people not care.

1000%

Freeze will be the next head coach of the Auburn Tigers.

Freeze can beat saban . Especially now with the NIL stuff going on , auburn will make sure freeze gets the players that he needs .

Freeze would take any SEC job that was offered to him, yes even vanderbilt.

Freeze has already been exposed as the guy that the auburn boosters want to hire, he was going to be there coach after the harsin coup but they staged it poorly.'

Nobody up to auburn standards will want the job anyway , Urban meyer is not taking that job, the biggest name for auburn to make that splash hire is hugh freeze and it will happen and he will beat saban and kirby within the first 2 seasons .

Even though I hate the MFER, He will win multiple SEC titles at Auburn, I truely believe that

DownwardDawg
08-22-2022, 02:28 PM
Cookeville, TN .... I have a residence directly across the road from Cummins Falls. My Father-in -Law sold the property to the state to create Cummins Falls State Park and we still own the bordering property (he passed and my wife inherited the property ... until I retire my main residence is still in North Atlanta.

Actually I went to school in Nashville (Lipscomb University) ... But I've been a State fan since 73 when a cousin of mine played for state and have had other family members play for state. I've just always had a close relationship to MSU ... Donald Ray King was a teammate of mine in high school... was raised in Jones County (Laurel area)

I grew up in Laurel. Man we've run some of the same circles!!

DownwardDawg
08-22-2022, 02:31 PM
1000%

Freeze will be the next head coach of the Auburn Tigers.

Freeze can beat saban . Especially now with the NIL stuff going on , auburn will make sure freeze gets the players that he needs .

Freeze would take any SEC job that was offered to him, yes even vanderbilt.

Freeze has already been exposed as the guy that the auburn boosters want to hire, he was going to be there coach after the harsin coup but they staged it poorly.'

Nobody up to auburn standards will want the job anyway , Urban meyer is not taking that job, the biggest name for auburn to make that splash hire is hugh freeze and it will happen and he will beat saban and kirby within the first 2 seasons .

Even though I hate the MFER, He will win multiple SEC titles at Auburn, I truely believe that

I just don't agree that he will be that successful. He cheated to get the talent. He didn't do anything to impress me that much as a coach. He just cheated to get great talent. Everyone does that now.

PikeDawg15
08-22-2022, 02:44 PM
I just don't agree that he will be that successful. He cheated to get the talent. He didn't do anything to impress me that much as a coach. He just cheated to get great talent. Everyone does that now.

He can cheat with no consequences at auburn

2x maybe 3x the money ole miss has, he will be on a vengeance tour also.

No need to really cheat with NIL and Auburn boosters will pay the money because they know Hugh can win there

He's my most hated football coach of all time but he will win big at auburn

FISHDAWG
08-22-2022, 02:56 PM
I grew up in Laurel. Man we've run some of the same circles!!

lol - we probably know each other ... I went to South Jones

Matt3467
08-22-2022, 05:17 PM

Blue bloods cheat too but since it's OM AND they nearly beat Saban 3 years in a row they weren't going to let that slide.

Schultzy
08-22-2022, 07:05 PM
He can cheat with no consequences at auburn

2x maybe 3x the money ole miss has, he will be on a vengeance tour also.

No need to really cheat with NIL and Auburn boosters will pay the money because they know Hugh can win there

He's my most hated football coach of all time but he will win big at auburn

Of all the absurd takes I’ve ever read, this one takes the cake.

Hambone
08-22-2022, 07:32 PM

Well count me in the same boat, the day Freeze makes it back to the SEC, that team (whoever) will win big within two years

Pancho
08-22-2022, 07:35 PM
I'm with you, Hambone.

Reason2succeed
08-22-2022, 08:01 PM

I think he?s absurdly right. Auburn wants someone who can beat Saban and Hugh has proven it.

Say what you want about his offense but it worked a lot better than Mullen?s against top tier defenses.

Auburn has proven with Bruce Pearl and historically that they don?t mind being seen as the dirtiest players in the game. NIL basically make pay for play legal. Add in his holy rolling and slick talk and Hugh Freeze will have Auburn competitive again very quickly.

Coach34
08-22-2022, 08:57 PM
Freeze recruited better players than Mullen at WR. Thats the only difference.

1bigdawg
08-22-2022, 09:22 PM

This is what I worry about. His teams tend to play much worse in bad weather.

DownwardDawg
08-22-2022, 09:26 PM
Blue bloods cheat too but since it's OM AND they nearly beat Saban 3 years in a row they weren't going to let that slide.

I'm just not sold. He was on a level of cheating like no other school in the country. Now it's all out in the open and he won't have better NIL's than Bama, Georgia, etc.....
Freeze just out cheated everyone. There ain't a player in the country going to play for freeze over Saban for the same NIL money.

PikeDawg15
08-22-2022, 10:43 PM
I'm just not sold. He was on a level of cheating like no other school in the country. Now it's all out in the open and he won't have better NIL's than Bama, Georgia, etc.....
Freeze just out cheated everyone. There ain't a player in the country going to play for freeze over Saban for the same NIL money.

Hugh Freeze is 52 years old

Saban is 70 years old

When saban retires whatever they hire will be a downgrade ( Dabo swinney) and I promise after a 9-3 season , Alabama fans will already want to fire him

Freeze would only have to deal with about 4 maybe 5 more years of saban.

Auburn has a lot of money , maybe not texas A&M , Georgia or Alabama money . But they got money. Auburn will be able to buy more talent that Hugh freeze has ever coached in his life , within 2 seasons he will have a better roster than he could?ve ever dreamed of having at ole miss

17 Freeze but I just see this happening because auburn is desperate to compete with Georgia and Alabama and avoid being left completely in the dust into irrevelancy and this is there only way out of it .

Freeze is their trump card

PikeDawg15
08-22-2022, 10:45 PM
I think he?s absurdly right. Auburn wants someone who can beat Saban and Hugh has proven it.

Say what you want about his offense but it worked a lot better than Mullen?s against top tier defenses.

Auburn has proven with Bruce Pearl and historically that they don?t mind being seen as the dirtiest players in the game. NIL basically make pay for play legal. Add in his holy rolling and slick talk and Hugh Freeze will have Auburn competitive again very quickly.

Auburn is the dirtiest program in the country . They don?t give a shit if they hired osama bin laden , adolf hitler , or mao zadong as long as they can beat Alabama and Georgia

Tater
08-22-2022, 11:44 PM

Purdue has an easy schedule. Find me a third loss. (Even though I think they beat both Penn State and Wisconsin). I could legitimately see them as 11-1, 12-0. It's cake.

bulldawg28
08-23-2022, 10:35 AM
1. Nobody stays within 9 of Bama this season.
2. Leach becomes the 1st coach in over 60 years to lose 3 Egg Bowls in a row and keeps his job.
4. Tennessee wins 10 games
5. Miami wins the ACC

#3 cracked me up, too funny!

sleepy dawg
08-23-2022, 11:15 AM

Agree 100%. At Ole Miss, Freeze, a short period removed from being a high school girls basketball coach either became the greatest recruiter of all time, or cheated his ass off. 1 of those has to be true. I'll let you decide which. Now that teams don't have to cheat, at least not really, Freeze will have no real value.

DownwardDawg
08-23-2022, 11:46 AM
Agree 100%. At Ole Miss, Freeze, a short period removed from being a high school girls basketball coach either became the greatest recruiter of all time, or cheated his ass off. 1 of those has to be true. I'll let you decide which. Now that teams don't have to cheat, at least not really, Freeze will have no real value.

People seem to think he's this elite coach. He had some elite talent and in 2014 when he beat Bama in Oxford, it was because Bama's offensive coordinator was Lane Kiffin!!! I don't forget shit like that. Bama was gashing ole miss defense for 6-7 yards per carry so Lane decided to start throwing the ball. I remember yelling at the TV for Saban to fire him mid game and let an assistant call plays.

Schultzy
08-23-2022, 08:36 PM

Yep.

PGHBulldogBG
08-23-2022, 09:05 PM
Freeze is the definition of a phony and he is a terrible person trying to hide behind religion, but to say he’s not a good coach is foolish. He took Ole Miss to 2 NY6 bowls and won along with beating Alabama twice. Yes he cheated and I know some of that got vacated and doesn’t count in terms of overall wins, but he also maximized talent at Ark State and now at Liberty. If he does become the next coach at Auburn, he will do even better there than at Ole Miss because he will have better resources. Auburn has their version of Joe Moorhead in that Harsin is a terrible cultural fit. After this experience I don’t think they will hesitate to hire Freeze. I bet he is wishing he would’ve stuck around Boise one more year so he could’ve taken the Washington opening

RezDog7
08-23-2022, 10:16 PM
Freeze recruited better players than Mullen at WR. Thats the only difference.

Freeze kicked the shit out of Mullen

msstate7
08-23-2022, 10:22 PM
Freeze kicked the shit out of Mullen

3-2

Tater
08-24-2022, 08:09 AM
3-2

1*-2

2012 and 2014 were vacated.