PDA

View Full Version : K.J. Costello already cut by the Saints never played a down but that piece of crap

99jc
08-21-2022, 02:00 PM
QB Ion Book is still there.

parabrave
08-21-2022, 02:03 PM
The Saints are going to suck like 1970, 71 hell all the way to 2007. And when Sean is coaching the Cowboys next year that will break their back.

DownwardDawg
08-21-2022, 02:12 PM
The Saints are going to suck like 1970, 71 hell all the way to 2007. And when Sean is coaching the Cowboys next year that will break their back.

It couldn't happen to a better bunch. I hope it's paper bag time again in NOLA.

msstate7
08-21-2022, 02:20 PM

This is beyond dumb. What are you even basing this on? The saints haven't played but like 4 starters in the preseason

msstate7
08-21-2022, 02:20 PM

Well, it's not, so sorry

msstate7
08-21-2022, 02:21 PM
QB Ion Book is still there.

Book isn't good, but he's Joe montana compared to Costello.

Commercecomet24
08-21-2022, 02:23 PM

Right there with ya!

BrunswickDawg
08-21-2022, 02:30 PM

I hate the Saints! Growing up as a Falcons fan, I at least knew we had a shorter midget to beat up on thanks to the Saints.

Once in middle school, I went to a Saints/Falcons game with my friend and his grand father. A couple of drunk 20 somethings picked the wrong grandpa to piss off and I got to enjoy watching a WW2 Marine kick some ass. ****ing Saints.

99jc
08-21-2022, 02:33 PM
I hate the Saints! Growing up as a Falcons fan, I at least knew we had a shorter midget to beat up on thanks to the Saints.

Once in middle school, I went to a Saints/Falcons game with my friend and his grand father. A couple of drunk 20 somethings picked the wrong grandpa to piss off and I got to enjoy watching a WW2 Marine kick some ass. ****ing Saints.

17 the dirtybirds!

parabrave
08-21-2022, 03:28 PM
I'm a Cowboy fan by choice and a Saints fan by geography. Back in the early and mid 60's you were either a Packer, Colts and Cowboys fan because they were on TV most games. Saints came in 67 and sucked until the mid 80s.

msstate7
08-21-2022, 04:09 PM
Bucs lost Cappa to FA, Jensen (pro bowler) to likely season ending injury, marpet (pro bowler) retired, and now stinnie out with season ending injury. The interior of their oline has been devastated. Brady gonna get hit a ton this year

TheLostDawg
08-21-2022, 04:16 PM
Heard panthers need a back up qb

Lord McBuckethead
08-21-2022, 04:49 PM
Book isn't good, but he's Joe montana compared to Costello.
You are out of your mind.

Lord McBuckethead
08-21-2022, 04:55 PM
Bucs lost Cappa to FA, Jensen (pro bowler) to likely season ending injury, marpet (pro bowler) retired, and now stinnie out with season ending injury. The interior of their oline has been devastated. Brady gonna get hit a ton this year

Good.

msstate7
08-21-2022, 05:05 PM
You are out of your mind.

Do you think the saints were just sticking with book to hold back Costello? Book, at best, will be on the saints' practice squad. This should tell you all you need to know about KJ. Maybe you forgot what KJ looked like Vs a college zone defense... how you think he would handle a pro scheme?

Leeshouldveflanked
08-21-2022, 05:31 PM
Costello was 3rd team QB on his USFL team most of the season.

msstate7
08-21-2022, 05:45 PM
Costello was 3rd team QB on his USFL team most of the season.

Nah, the saints were sabotaging his surely great nfl career to come

StarkVegasSteve
08-21-2022, 09:27 PM
Kamara, Ingram, Thomas, Winston, Davis, Matheiu, Landry, nor Lattimore have played the entire preseason. You can go ahead and book it that the Saints will have a better record than the Cowboys. Jerry has set them up to fail this year so he can justify firing McCarthy. What is going to be absolutely hilarious is when the Saints ask for the moon in return for Payton and Jerry goes arrogant a hole and hires Quinn or Moore instead

msstate7
08-21-2022, 09:34 PM
Kamara, Ingram, Thomas, Winston, Davis, Matheiu, Landry, nor Lattimore have played the entire preseason. You can go ahead and book it that the Saints will have a better record than the Cowboys. Jerry has set them up to fail this year so he can justify firing McCarthy. What is going to be absolutely hilarious is when the Saints ask for the moon in return for Payton and Jerry goes arrogant a hole and hires Quinn or Moore instead

Add ramcyzk, hurst, peat, McCoy, Jordan, Davenport, oneymata, and Werner to that list. They haven't played anyone

StoneDawg
08-22-2022, 07:41 PM
Who Dat for Life

lastmajordog
08-22-2022, 09:14 PM
I love the Saints, but the Benson’s are STUPID,INSANE for not offering Sean a piece of the team to keep him in the fold, coach, mgt, owner realm.......JMHO

Jarius
08-23-2022, 05:32 AM

If you grew up a Falcons fan you didn’t ever have a shorter midget to beat up on. Sorry to be the one to break the news to you. **** the falcons.

FISHDAWG
08-23-2022, 07:42 AM
If you grew up a Falcons fan you didn?t ever have a shorter midget to beat up on. Sorry to be the one to break the news to you. **** the falcons.

talk about conflicted ... I grew up a Saints fan (I was an original brown bagger) but moved to Atlanta after college where I lived for 31 years. It took about 15 years to finally become a full fledged Falcons fan. I moved back to Mississippi to Biloxi and it took about 6 months to revert back to being a Saints fan (actually I never completely abandoned the Saints but I would pull for the Falcons against the Saints when they were playing) ... After 4 years on the coast I had to move back to Atlanta ... kinda pulling for the Falcons again but not with the same vigor ... I almost feel like an orphan until Dak went to the Cowboys, who I hated after they fired Tom Landry and then I found a home because I used to love the Cowboys back in the day .... now with all the political bullshit - ***** them all ... except when I do watch I pull for Dak or other teams that have State players. And that's why I hope and pray that college football as we know it doesn't morph into something undesirable ... If so, I'll just go fishing on Saturdays when I retire back to Biloxi

BrunswickDawg
08-23-2022, 08:09 AM
talk about conflicted ... I grew up a Saints fan (I was an original brown bagger) but moved to Atlanta after college where I lived for 31 years. It took about 15 years to finally become a full fledged Falcons fan. I moved back to Mississippi to Biloxi and it took about 6 months to revert back to being a Saints fan (actually I never completely abandoned the Saints but I would pull for the Falcons against the Saints when they were playing) ... After 4 years on the coast I had to move back to Atlanta ... kinda pulling for the Falcons again but not with the same vigor ... I almost feel like an orphan until Dak went to the Cowboys, who I hated after they fired Tom Landry and then I found a home because I used to love the Cowboys back in the day .... now with all the political bullshit - ***** them all ... except when I do watch I pull for Dak or other teams that have State players. And that's why I hope and pray that college football as we know it doesn't morph into something undesirable ... If so, I'll just go fishing on Saturdays when I retire back to Biloxi

Hey, I won't deny being a Brown Bag Falcons fan. Lord knows their play for most of my lifetime has deserved it. I swore off the Falcons after the '98 Super Bowl Season. I knew that was their peak and they would suck again the next year - and sure enough they went 5-11. I realized I could only follow 1 team that continually broke my heart, and that was MSU. Now I just keep up with how MSU guys are playing.

Captain Falcon
08-23-2022, 08:57 AM
We will see if Dennis Allen can be a decent head coach or not (loved him as a DC but his HC stint with the Raiders was a mess). That said, other than the QB position, the Saints have one of the best rosters in the NFL right now. Last year was Year 1 post-Brees and they had a ton of injuries and still finished over .500. Would have made the playoffs if the Rams hadn?t blown a big lead against the 49ers in Week 18.

And heck, even Winston was decent last year before the injury, and that was with the worst group of WR?s in the league. This year they should be way better at WR with a seemingly healthy Thomas and the additions of Landry and Olave.

Coach34
08-23-2022, 09:49 AM
And when Sean is coaching the Cowboys next year that will break their back.

Yeah you know the Saints gonna be big mad when this happens. Even McCarthy knows this is his last season in Dallas

msstate7
08-23-2022, 10:00 AM
Yeah you know the Saints gonna be big mad when this happens. Even McCarthy knows this is his last season in Dallas

Why would the saints be mad over getting 2 1st round picks? Sean wasn't gonna coach anymore in Nola anyway

Coach34
08-23-2022, 10:08 AM
Why would the saints be mad over getting 2 1st round picks? Sean wasn't gonna coach anymore in Nola anyway

How are they going to get 2 1st rounders when he has been retired for a year?

msstate7
08-23-2022, 10:33 AM
How are they going to get 2 1st rounders when he has been retired for a year?

Retired doesn't stop contract. When he returns, he's still under contract till the remainder is fulfilled. Contract is just dormant right now

ETA... 3 years, 27 million is the remaining contract

Coach34
08-23-2022, 11:00 AM
Retired doesn't stop contract. When he returns, he's still under contract till the remainder is fulfilled. Contract is just dormant right now

ETA... 3 years, 27 million is the remaining contract

Not saying your wrong- I just find that hard to believe. There was no reason for him to sit out if so. I know that's been done for a HC currently coaching- but not for one that was retired. I imagine there will be some other kind of deal worked out.

msstate7
08-23-2022, 11:12 AM
Not saying your wrong- I just find that hard to believe. There was no reason for him to sit out if so. I know that's been done for a HC currently coaching- but not for one that was retired. I imagine there will be some other kind of deal worked out.

Sean Payton trade never got far, compensation would be ?significant?

https://sportsnaut.com/sean-payton-trade-no-traction-large-compensation/

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2022/07/14/saints-sean-payton-cowboys-trade-dolphins-tom-brady-chargers-news/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/insider-says-cowboys-had-deal-to-trade-for-sean-payton-until-anthony-davis-wanted-out-of-new-orleans/ar-AAT8Mb2

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/12/panthers-trade-sean-payton-saints-nfl-news/

Saints are gonna cash in on Sean. Lots of speculation that the saints traded for extra 1st last year bc they know they'll get it back this offseason

Coach34
08-23-2022, 02:14 PM
No way in hell I'm giving up 2 #1's for Sean Payton.

msstate7
08-23-2022, 02:21 PM
No way in hell I'm giving up 2 #1's for Sean Payton.

When gruden was traded to TB, it costs the bucs 2 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder. The saints hold all the cards in this deal too... they don't have to trade him. If say it was the cowboys, the saints could require a premium on it being an NFC team

Coach34
08-23-2022, 02:25 PM
The only thing that is going to fix the Cowboys is Jerry dying

msstate7
08-23-2022, 02:39 PM

If he gave Sean coach/GM without question, Sean could win there. I don't know about super bowl winning, but they would be better than they are

parabrave
08-23-2022, 03:46 PM

Who cares Jerru would screw those picks anyway.

msstate7
08-26-2022, 07:16 PM
So the saints start Winston and most of the offensive starters, and they go 75 yards for the td.

Offshore Dawg
08-30-2022, 07:17 PM
Book was cut today.

Catfish
08-30-2022, 07:25 PM
Book was cut today.

Didn't see that coming.*******

Lord McBuckethead
08-30-2022, 09:26 PM
Winston is never going to win there or anywhere. He just is not good.

BeardoMSU
08-30-2022, 09:34 PM

Yep. Don't want to wish death on him, lol, but I do hope he gets to the point where he realizes he just has to retire...sooner rather than later...because I don't want him to waste Dak's whole damn career being an inept control freak.

Homedawg
08-31-2022, 06:45 AM
If he gave Sean coach/GM without question, Sean could win there. I don't know about super bowl winning, but they would be better than they are

Not wo 2 first rounders and a second he couldn't.

MrCoachKlein
08-31-2022, 06:57 AM

Couple of first round picks will take the edge off. I think Saints will be fine as long as sneaky Pete stays around to coach the offense.