PDA

View Full Version : UK GAME

Maverick91
08-19-2022, 04:36 PM
Help me understand why a lot of our fan base is scared of them.

Past ten years we are 7-3 and I could argue you cannot count those losses. 1. Humpbacks debacle in 16 Jomo crapping a brick in 18 and 2020 firestorm of a team that was. We have handled them outside of three really bad situations.

1. Their strengths match against our strengths and I think our strengths are better.
2. Our team is older and more experienced.
3. I think we have a talent advantage period.
4. Again we have owned them in the past decade.
5. Why are y?all so scared? Is it truly just because it?s a their house?

Rawdawg
08-19-2022, 04:40 PM
Because it?s in Lexington where we haven?t won since Dak was here and they return depth on the offensive and defensive lines. Not to mention they have a stud running back and a veteran QB.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-19-2022, 04:58 PM
It's a very winnable game for us. I like our chances. But they do have a good QB, it's in Lexington, Stoops is a good coach, and they have a solid team. Games like this will be the difference in 7-5 or 9-3. Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, LSU, etc.

Homedawg
08-19-2022, 05:48 PM
I don't think anyone is scared of them. It's winnable. But it's not a given. They aren't vandy.

TrapGame
08-19-2022, 05:51 PM
It's a very winnable game. Tennessee walked in there last season with a bad defense and won.

Maroonthirteen
08-19-2022, 06:02 PM
Chris Doring said UK will go 11-1 this year. So it's more that State fans that think they'll be good.

I want to see State beat Memphis first. I mean, I think we beat Memphis. However they won't be a pushover and I think we will know a lot about what we got in game 1. Then maybe folks will feel better about the UK game.

Catfish
08-19-2022, 06:26 PM
Chris Doring said UK will go 11-1 this year. So it's more that State fans that think they'll be good.

I want to see State beat Memphis first. I mean, I think we beat Memphis. However they won't be a pushover and I think we will know a lot about what we got in game 1. Then maybe folks will feel better about the UK game.

Agreed. I think we're all in a wait and see mode. I think a lot of us are holding our breath until we get by Memphis.

Goldendawg
08-19-2022, 06:33 PM
Agreed. I think we're all in a wait and see mode. I think a lot of us are holding our breath until we get by Memphis.

If we don't play smart football and put Memphis away by early third quarter, it's gonna be a long year.

SteelCurtain74
08-19-2022, 07:12 PM
I think a lot will depend on how UK handles their first 3 SEC games. First two are on the road - @Florida and @Ole Miss. Both winnable games for them but they are still on the road. Third game is at home vs SC.

Should they go 0-3 with Georgia and Tennessee still remaining, I could see a team that folds with a QB who is projected to go #1 in the draft, per Todd McShay, to start looking to protect his draft stock.

If that happens I see us going in and wiping the floor with them. I think we win regardless but if that scenario plays out, I don't think we have to worry about that game.

KOdawg1
08-19-2022, 07:41 PM
No one is scared of them. But common sense says we haven't won there in 8 years, and like it or not, they're not a bad football program. Can we win? Sure. But that game isn't a given like it was in the early Mullen years

TrapGame
08-19-2022, 07:58 PM

Chris Doering needs to stop smoking crack. They aren't going 11-1. 9-3 maybe, but no way they go 11-1.

Coach34
08-19-2022, 10:24 PM
As I posted in the other thread:

Many scouts and coaches think Levis will have some growth similar to Burrow. He obviously doesnt have LSU talent around him but he has all the things you are looking for in a QB. Size, arm, intelligence, can move a little. Scouts liked Burrow going into their championship season and all fans said was "well he didnt do much last year". Like Burrow- last season the first time Levis had started. He will be better

Kentucky got a transfer from VT that caught 44 balls last year at 12 yards a pop. They have 2 highly recruited 4-star WR's that are expected to start or at least play alot- one a top 10 rated in the country. They return 3 of their top 4 rushers. Veteran OL where they have recruited fairly well plus a grad transfer.